It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else ever get the feeling....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
So many in this thread basing the prospect of Hell by only what they are experiencing. To someone without empathy and compassion... no, there is no possibility presently to consider we might be in Hell. To someone with open eyes and compassion.... there is no doubt that we are in Hell.

I have come to learn that we are, undoubtedly, experiencing a level of Hell. I believe there are probably levels... and we are somewhere in the middle range.

Anyone doubting it needs to look beyond their own comforts... I won't bother listing it all... just read the news, visit a hospital/nursing home, watch how the most innocent creatures on this earth suffer the worst, etc., etc..

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GreeneLight

you keep saying how ignorance rids opportunity
allow me to show you why I believe properly placed ignorance can benefit the soul.
for those who have a heightened awareness,Life is pain,to be alive,is to suffer to some degree.
To choose to be ignorant towards the pains that follows with Life is to not be weighted down with those negatives,to not focus on the bad happening because your choosing to be ignorant towards its happening,and with that the opportunity to move ahead/beyond those things.

There is no way of knowing whether or not a significant role has been placed upon any of us,I feel we just need the comfort in knowing our existence in Life is significant,because it would be too painful to believe we are only here to experience pain and suffering,or at least thats just a thought.

Any understanding we can come up with I feel,is pointless,that is unless you wish to be bound here.
People wonder why God doesn't intervene with Earthly situations,I think its because emotions we feel and have,God doesn't or at least is beyond those emotions...situations and problems in Life matter not.

As for light,Love,and oneness,I feel if you choose to become apart of that you are denying your own existence the opportunity to grow,as you are designating yourself with a path already paved out for you instead of creating your own.
I seek not to be apart of the "Oneness" but to metaphorically be the apple that drops from the tree to become its own tree..not accepting myself as a leaf,or branch,apart of the one.
Whatever understanding we can come up with is nothing until we know Truth.
We Know Nothing.
Truth will be revealed in Death.
Until then,all we can do is speculate and guess and go down the path that merely "feels right"

I appreciate your words and thoughts Greenelight,I love the opportunity to share thoughts with like minds,as they are so rare to come across in Life.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ArtOfTrance

You are not alone in your thinking, and I have read and heard others say the same thing.

I understand what you are saying. When I was younger I often would think about it -- are we here as punishment, to learn something, to get it right this time, is this hell? I learned not to look to hard at the world around me, especially things I could not change or control. I stopped watching the news and even got my spouse to stop watching hour upon hour of news every evening. I know all the misery and evil is out there and watching the news is a way to keep a person thinking, living and breathing fear. I don't turn a blind eye, that would be dangerous. I stay vigilant regarding my surroundings, am careful, and try to stay alert so to, hopefully, avoid being a victim.

Blessings,

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Life being Divine Atonement is the only thing that makes sense to me at least...truthfully

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ArtOfTrance

I have often entertained this possibility more than once,but came to the conclusion it does'nt make sense.Why then,are there:1) those fabulously wealthy having every option,every pleasure and advantage life has to offer? 2)average or only moderately well-off people who seems to effortless breeze/flow through their lives?And its NOT confined to financial welfare either,there are billions who never suffer excessive poverty,loss of loved ones,constant stress/heartache,debilitating deformities+handicaps,major diseases,abuse,etc,and this INCLUDES many from the low income groups? Sure their are millions upon millions whose lives could almost convince one- these are lives lived as punishment,indeed,this world is a sort of Hell,and their lives cannot be anything but an atonement-BUT then why are their billions living lives ranging from preposterously heavenly down to so-so,no great shakes but still Far from hellish/abysmal?
Should it not apply to Every person here then?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

because they are new to the cycle I believe
what better distraction then being able to access Life in its entirety?
they never care to reflect on such topics because they could care less,they got money.
Unfortunate for them,I think,to not be making as much progress as some of us.

Think about this for a second...Perhaps if reincarnation does exist we have once before been wealthy or even kings/queens...we have had the luxury before but it does nothing for progress...a cycle wasted,or even worse a cycle added due to a Lifetime of Greed.

Also I sometimes thought,if our souls do in fact age and we have lived many cycles of lives,then what if God nurtures the "wealthy" the same way parents nurture their newborns?Making sure they have everything in the world,to not have to worry about the troubles Life brings...and as for the rest of us,we are like the middle-aged or elderly children who God feels we don't need the boost...we've done this many times.
I often dismiss that thought though just fun to play with ideas.I like my previous idea more than this one.
edit on 30-11-2012 by ArtOfTrance because: typo

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

allow me to show you why I believe properly placed ignorance can benefit the soul.
for those who have a heightened awareness....To choose to be ignorant towards the pains that follows with Life is to not be weighted down with those negatives,to not focus on the bad happening because your choosing to be ignorant towards its happening,and with that the opportunity to move ahead/beyond those things.

This MBSC wishes to apologize, for his understanding of what you were trying to annotate by your use of 'ignorance' as it is being applied to this context, for he agrees with the above bolded annotation.

However, this MBSC wishes to clarify the statement that has been taken out of the above quote:

"I" believe 'we' share are ont he same frequency when it comes to this topic, but it is 'in me' to 'clear up' confusion that these sound complexes would manifest.

..Life is pain,to be alive,is to suffer to some degree.

The sound complex "Life" holds many distortions, for it is used by many in ways intended 'by them' not 'through them'..I hope you follow what We are trying to 'say'.

In the more 'common' understanding, as it may be to our other-selves..is that "Life is pain" would imply that the purpose of this "Life" as one would call it, is in fact this "pain". However, to 'my' understanding.. "Pain" is merely the catalyst to be used for understanding of the 'true' purpose.

We recognize this to be the 'degree' of which you annotate, however, being that the veil is layered quite 'perfectly' on the majority, these annotations would imply such thoughts with the respective such distortions.

Life is not pain, pain is Life.

Namaste.

(This emoticon does a good job in what We see other-selves' reactions to be after analyzing the bolded text below with what was annotated above)

There is no way of knowing whether or not a significant role has been placed upon any of us,I feel we just need the comfort in knowing our existence in Life is significant,because it would be too painful to believe we are only here to experience pain and suffering ,or at least thats just a thought.

Any understanding we can come up with I feel,is pointless,that is unless you wish to be bound here.
People wonder why God doesn't intervene with Earthly situations,I think its because emotions we feel and have,God doesn't or at least is beyond those emotions...situations and problems in Life matter not.

If 'coming up with' some thought that questions the very nature of an event/feeling/person/etc.. is 'pointless' than why would your MBSC even have such a thought?..or why would the ability to "have" such a thought even exist?

if this was the case, 'you' would imitate the day to day 'physical' interactions of the common Tomato, or Carrot.

or.. a Tree

well..at least with respect to how dumb the tree is..

As for light,Love,and oneness,I feel if you choose to become apart of that you are denying your own existence the opportunity to grow,as you are designating yourself with a path already paved out for you instead of creating your own.
I seek not to be apart of the "Oneness" but to metaphorically be the apple that drops from the tree to become its own tree..not accepting myself as a leaf,or branch,apart of the one.
Whatever understanding we can come up with is nothing until we know Truth.
We Know Nothing.
Truth will be revealed in Death.

Until then,all we can do is speculate and guess and go down the path that merely "feels right"

Namaste, brother.

We truly are excited for you, for the process by which this MBSC has been a 'long' one, so to speak. For, we see much of ourselves in your MBSC.

Further annotations made my this MBSC on the bolded words above would infringe upon the Law of Confusion in 'your' 'case'. We will seek future annotations made by your MBSC, and take into consideration the 'nature' of what you show to be seeking.

I appreciate your words and thoughts Greenelight,I love the opportunity to share thoughts with like minds,as they are so rare to come across in Life.

Namaste.
edit on 30-11-2012 by GreeneLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2012 by GreeneLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I had written a long reply,but my stupid laptop went 'Back' a page when I hit the backspace key..so I will only write a metaphor for how I feel about my life and progress..

I feel like a student who has chosen to read ahead,despite the teacher warning us not to,I have read the lessons,answered the questions,but the class is still in session.

was that clear at all?

also greenelight I am going to be posting up a thread soon about my NDE which is semi-responsible for molding my perception.
Feel free to check it out when it is done.

G'day

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
No I dont think this is hell YET. Love and compassion still exist here on earth children still find a reason to laugh if there is a hell I can almost guarantee that not one of those feelings will ever be felt there, nor will anyone find any reason to laugh at all.
We are in a deep depression though I dont mean just finances. We have forgotten how lucky we are just to be alive and have taken everything and everyone around us for granted. We have used up our earth and leave it to rot. It's like the majority of us are in some sort of trance a "me me me" state of mind everyday that goes by is worse than the one before it. This place my feel like hell but the chance to change it all around is now.
Be happy to be alive, go out deep into the woods and just feel. Smile at strangers as you pass them by. If you are given a chance to help someone do so. One good deed leads to another and another and it brings about a good feeling in most. This doesnt have to feel like hell if we'd all stop being so apathetic.
edit on 30-11-2012 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

While I understand and respect your post - death can be absolute agony - for those who are left behind. Imagine a Child in a war torn country watching their entire family blown to smithreens. Watching them die would be hell and being left behind without any family - that is another dimension of hell entirely.

Birthing can be agony - an unwanted Child - for all intents and purposes let's say China - and is left in the gutter. That is a particularly nasty version of hell.

So - if you want to discuss the philosophy of this thread - let's do it properly with examples and the rationale that underlines the example. That is my understanding of how intellectual discourse is conducted.

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

seabag has already admitted this subject is beyond his mental capacity.
I don't see him returning for reply to this thread.as stated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join