It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus was born years earlier than thought, claims Pope

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
oh so it is September

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

IF jebus was what they claim he was there would be no dispute about anything concerning him or his life.

Laughable. There are disputes about the lives of virtually all historical figures. Why should Jesus be any different—especially given the claims about him?

over 30, someodd thousand sects of christianity all cklaiming to be the one true faith....

The thing about that is that the "30 someodd thousand" denominations don't claim to individually be the one true faith but rather that Christianity is the one true faith.

in the name of the father...AMEN-ra..or tutankAMEN...or maybe even...AMENded

Because similar sounds between languages have some sort of weight.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Is it really a mistake? Is the calendar even based on his birth? What if it was based on when he started his ministry? Jesus was very young when he started starting # with the establishment.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bugsbunny1967

It alter's not one iota his message of tolerance and love.

That wasn't Jesus message though. His message was that he was the Messiah, God incarnate.

Jesus was pretty intolerant as well by today's standards:

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
—John 14:6

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
So Jesus's birthday was moved to fit into the Pagan Calendar..... Dun, Dun Dur!
X-Christian myself I'm not surprised at all at the cults reaction
Most of them don't even know their whole Bible along with most of its traditions and ceremonies are derived from Pagan Roman Ceremonies
God Bless Emperor Constantine
oops... I mean Emperor Constantine Bless Emperor Constantine they were classed as living gods I believe
. History is so enlightening... "No its not historical fact, Its the Devil"!! said the Christian in ignorant reply, "And I'm going to Hell" and the final one, Oldy but goody..... "you should see a pastor". Here's a thing, you go see one, in fact here's a link Pastor sorry I'm dyslexic

edit on 22-11-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by meremortal

I think you meant appx. September 28 at the Feast of Tabernacles.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Aronolac

Months were reckoned by moons, and August was not one of them. Link for your information please?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by subjectzero

I've mainly heard it was 4 BC. It's long been known that Dec 25 is not Jesus' birthday. Ever been to Bethlehem at that time? Well, I haven't, but pictures showing that time of year had snow on the ground. No one would be out in the fields "watching their flocks by night" at that time of year. From what I've seen, Constantine put it on Dec 25 to try and "bring the pagans in to the faith". Or you can look at it as the mixing of paganism with Christianity. Dec 25 was the continuation of the winter solstice celebration and the rebirth of the sun-god Ra. Apparently, Jesus was born in Sept. or Oct. because of "tax time" when everybody went back to where they originated, to be counted and pay their tax. Correct me if I'm wrong. This is rather interesting.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

thanx for that

i can elaborate further

i personally think there are two jesus`s.....and two strories are being merged

theres , jesus of nazerth
and, jesus the dead king

so jesus wouldnt be horus, jesus would be osiris

the divine parts of the ideology (jesus the dead king) sounds egyptian, ie. son of god.

jesus of nazerth sounds like the real deal, a messenger of the almighty god

also

*the vatican, is a sun temple like helipolis

*the pope...added initials to his name RA....pope benedict RA

dude i can go on all day

for 2012....go and look at the temple of denderra....star maps, zodiacs, journey of the dead king through the stars
back to rebirth

i should do a thread ...and throw in some dendrra and mayan star maps

peace

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by subjectzero

This is the first time I've read that Jesus' date of birth was in dispute. I've never heard that any attempt has been made to correct the error.

It is believed that Jesus was born between 7BC and 2BC.

It is also the first time I have heard anyone from the Church officially admit that anything pagan was incorporated into Church tradition. The pope admits that no one knows Christ's actual birthdate and that December 25th is likely a date associated with paganism.

The actual birthdate of Jesus has always been in dispute. Always. For more than a thousand years, or more.
What ignorant rock of history-denying stupidity have you been laboring under? Because this is not news to the rest of the planet.

The absorption of pagan holidays by Christianity is also known. And pagans took their holidays from the Roman tradition. And so on and so forth.

Do they even teach school in America anymore? It's like you're being stupid on purpose, it's annoying. Read a book.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

By request, please start a thread as described.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

This is the first time I've read that Jesus' date of birth was in dispute. I've never heard that any attempt has been made to correct the error.

Really? So you thought Jesus was literally born on 25.12.0001 ???
The date has been in dispute for a very, very long time... this is nothing new. Also, there is no "error" to correct, since all calculations have been estimates, and churches understand that its practically impossible to calculate an exact date. The bible does not state a date or year for the birth of Jesus, and its not really that important for Christianity either. Our calendar is fine as it is, its not important for it to align exactly to the birth of Christ.

reply to post by charles1952

Not looking for any drama. I was just surprised to hear the Church admit something like this. It isn't often they admit to errors of any kind.

I take it you don't know much about the Church.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by salainen

Is there some reason you're being rude? I don't live and breathe religion.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tidycat

Soon the Pope will announce that aliens do exist but first he has to ease the christian society into the reality that the Bible is wrong.

I thought aliens were in the Bible. In Jasher. The watchers, they were called. From what I've seen, there is a relationship between the Watchers and the "fallen angels". And might as well toss in the Annunaki (sp), too. Somewhere back in the line of popes, this is one of the books removed, along with Enoch. (others too) Very interesting reads. Samuel mentions Jasher.
Oh, and about the Christmas tree. Jeremiah says we shouldn't do that. (Don't get mad at me, I'm just the messenger)

Jeremiah 10: 3 & 4
3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

edit on 22-11-2012 by Bildo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Jesus was born years earlier than thought, claims Pope

Easter bunny a lot 'pinker' than thought, claims Internet user

See what I did there...?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BeneathBaseStupidity

You lived up to your name.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Peter's throne? Please site a reference to it in the Bible. Otherwise it is yet another man-made idea that has destroyed the true teachings of Jesus. Just as Paul. What a tool he was.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bugsbunny1967
reply to post by NysgjerrigDame

What about the time the Pope told Catholics not to eat meat on a Friday and eat fish instead. I think that's been revoked by the number of Catholics I know who like a sausage supper or a steak on a Friday. So it's ok now, but those Catholics that disobeyed the Pope in the past about Friday Meat Eating are in Hell? I'm confused. Help.

Stephen.

That is an extremely good point and affirms my prior statements. Thank you for verifying the validity of my statements that it is all absurd.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
It must have really torqued off the pope when the Bible got translated out of Latin. Then the people found out what the Bible actually taught.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join