Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

GUN LEGISLATION: Open Letter to the NRA and Gun Owners of America

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The Obama Administration is coming after the guns of law abiding citizens. Your legal departments need to be on the offensive and not be reactionary after the fact (especially after Executive Orders or BATFE edicts that bypass Congress). The NRA and GOA failed to aggressively challenge the constitutionality of the former Assault Weapons Ban...but that was the result of a Congressional Bill and it sunset after ten years (but it's passage without direct constitutionality challenge has empowered the anti gun legislators) AND (more important) you did nothing when certain guns were banned from importation due to the "non-sporting" nature (ie, german assault rifles, etc) AND when a class of shotguns was dubbed by the BATF (as it was called then) as "Destructive Devices" requiring a Form 4 transfer and tax at each stage of the process due to their "non-sporting" nature as well. This executive fiat decision regarding "non-sporting" purposes is an obvious infringement of the Second Amendment (and thus Unconstitutional) and it needs to be challenged NOW before it is too late and you are overwhelmed with a blanket declaration banning all "non-sporting" semi-autos (domestic as well as imported). Godspeed and Good Luck.
edit on 21-11-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

The 2nd amendment has absolutely nothing to do with hunting or rec shooting, it is absolutely about the citizens having the power to fight back against the .gov.

Let them try, I wanna see them try, I will be glued to youtube all day watching the results of a lawless land, as all the police will either have quit, or be on the way to the morgue.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I agree. They are going way to far. What I don't understand is how they think the people will just go along with this. More people love there guns then ever before. This is all just such a joke.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The funny thing is that Obama is seen as the best salesman ever for guns...if they wanted to stop the sale of guns they'd make them free and give ammo away at every street corner as people would be paranoid of the state for giving away guns and would hand their guns in so they couldn't be caught in some nasty plot at a later date

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I have seen AR15s used for sporting for years.

In fact on the discovery channel show Yukon Men at least two families use them for hunting and bear defense.
forum.sixshootercommunity.com...

i have hunted wild dogs that were killing livestock and varmints and the AR is my weapon for that use.
smith-wessonforum.com...
The problem you run into in wet county is the wood on weapons swelling and causing problems or causing the wood to metal areas to rust. you don't have those problems with a AR15 and a quick spray of WD40 over the AR will protect it .

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Obama has been responsible for the sale of a lot of guns over the last 4 years but if he has his way all of these gun owners will be ex post facto criminals if they do not turn their "non-sporting" firearms in to authorities. They are so brazen that they wont even offer to buy them at fair market value. Most of the country agrees that the intent of the 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with shooting sports or hunting (but that begs the question; why is it not "sporting" to plink or target shoot with an assault rifle?)....but they are worried about weapons violence and are too ignorant to realize that banning guns from law abiding citizens will have the opposite effect on crime. The Second Amendment was added to the Bill of Rights (which are individual not collective rights) to insure that the ultimate locus of power resides with the people and to insure that they have the means to deter tyranny in the future.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The OMG they're coming for our guns chant has reached a near religious fervor.

Where are the votes going to come from the put any of it through? Where? Who? The abject failure of the "prohibition" from the Clinton era ensures it isn't being resurrected. Just like there are no jew carpenter zombies, there goan be no gun grabbing Phoenix either. C'mon. Settle down, quit distracting from the real problems.

This OMG they're coming/taking our guns belief is every bit as stupid as any religion.

That said, there are a couple great deals for ARs going for Xmas right now! I don't need another 16" AR, but lord there's a deal on a Troy Industries going... $800!

Derek
edit on 21-11-2012 by Viesczy because: to add gun info on sale

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Viesczy

It is not just "legislation" by the increasingly irrelevant Congress...it is the usurped power of the Executive Branch (POTUS & BATFE) to ban such guns by executive "fiat"....the abuse of which can be considered tyranny not democracy.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Perhaps they should have a "Test" case of the new laws?
How about removing the guns of ALL the African/American and Latino Peoples first, and see if that works?
No, not a racist thing, just a test case with minorities, before they move onto the majorities.
Do you think that would work?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gort51

Well actually the first "gun control" laws were intended for newly freed slaves (really a form of "people control" tho, dont you think)....and yes, it would be racist. Then again the early colonists restricted voting rights to property (land) owners...so that's a thought; at least they would have more stake in the game to protect than some low level gangbanger.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I read on Bloomberg today ( Dec 17) that Obama is conferring with the Justice Dept (AG Holder) on ways to create more gun control thru the executive branch. The weak underbelly that they will obviously target then is the "Sporting or Non-sporting" feature of certain classes of firearms. That is how the BATF (now BATFE) under President Clinton (with Holder as Deputy AG) was able to effectively ban the production and importation of 12 gauge shot guns (demonized as "street sweepers" altho that type does not have removable magazines) that accept magazines and were determined by bureaucrats to have no sporting purpose as if that was a requirement of the Second Amendment (NOT!). But where was the defense of the Constitution back in 1994 on the shotguns? Now they have an established precedent to apply to virtually All Guns (except for hunting and target guns). WAKE UP NRA and GOA.....Get Ready. Maybe the Koch Bros or some other wealthy conservative could finance a challenge to the 1994 fiat order on the "Non-Sporting" Shotguns ("Destructive Devices") before it is too late.

new topics

top topics

join