It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man opens fire at Missouri factory (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Feeling angry over getting fired? Want to take revenge? A ex-missouri factory workers would say yes, if he wasn't in the missouri factory trying to escape. His idea of revenge:shoot down innocent workers over the management's decision of firing him a year ago.

www.msnbc.msn.com
EARTH CITY, Mo. - A former employee walked into a conveyor belt factory and opened fire Thursday while workers were changing shifts, at one point reloading his shotgun in a parking lot before re-entering the building.

Company co-founder and chairman Dick Engelsmann said 110 employees were in the building at the time of the shooting, and all were evacuated. He said the gunman left the company, which makes industrial conveyor belts, a year ago. He believes he was fired but could not say why.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

And this was with a shotgun. Imagine what damage would have occured with a semi automatic, now available thanks to our government for not extending the ban on Assault Rifles.

Doesn't it feel safe?

Surf

EDIT: Changed "fully automatic AK-47 to semi-automatic weapons. Sorry guys for messing those up. And thank you for pointing it out.

This is from CNN, hopefully this is right.

Just over a year after the San Francisco shootings, President Bill Clinton signed Feinstein's bill into law. It banned the sale of 19 specific semiautomatic weapons and ammunition clips of 10 rounds or more.

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 10/22/2004 by surfup]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Is there no limit to the number of lies told on this website. Fully automatic weapons have been strictly controlled since the gun control act of 1934. Owners of fully automatic weapons must register these weapons and the license is very expensive--on the order of $500. a year. No legally owned fully automatic weapon has ever been used in a crime, since the passage of that act.

The assault weapons ban in no way impacted fully automatic weapons. That is why the law was so stupid. It banned guns that look like assault weapons, which really are fully automatic, but which lack the fully automatic function.

Please get your facts straight, Batman. There are many impressionable minds here.

[edit on 04/10/21 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Nearly correct Grady, but not quite.

Since 1934, only one legally owned machine gun has ever been used in crime, and that was a murder committed by a law enforcement officer (as opposed to a civilian). On September 15th, 1988, a 13-year veteran of the Dayton, Ohio police department, Patrolman Roger Waller, then 32, used his fully automatic MAC-11 .380 caliber submachine gun to kill a police informant, 52-year-old Lawrence Hileman. Patrolman Waller pleaded guilty in 1990, and he and an accomplice were sentenced to 18 years in prison. The 1986 'ban' on sales of new machine guns does not apply to purchases by law enforcement or government agencies.

But I do see your point.

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Kriz_4]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Wow, one killing from registerd automatic weapons. pretty good record.

I think we will stand up and notice when one of these digrunteld workers straps themselves with C-4 and walks in the building killing 42 factory workers. There are lots of people who over the last 20 years have been in the military and/or demolition and construction and have access to explosives legally and illegally. Some of them could be the quiet guy in IT who just got fired and lost his wife and kids and car. I am surprised you don't see this more.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
As explained by others, you don't need a gun to take revenge. Why not just run em over with your car on their way out of the building, or dump a can of fuel in the parking lot & burn all their cars, better yet just burn down the building while their in it?

Maybe if people didn't screw other people so much no one would want to kill anyone?

Batman, the weapons ban was mostly symbolic and nothing really changes except now instead of carrying 5 10 round clips, you can carry one 50. Same number of bullets can kill the same number of people. If nuts don't have a gun they'll find something else. How about we help the nuts & let the good citizens do as they please.

[edit on 22-10-2004 by outsider]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I'm near there often - It's near where I live.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

And this was with a shotgun. Imagine what damage would have occured with a fully automatic AK-47, now available thanks to our government for not extending the ban on Assault Rifles.

Doesn't it feel safe?

Surf

[edit on 10/21/2004 by surfup]

Wow I dont know if this is propaganda or a lack of information on the AWB but its wrong.

You can not buy a fully automatic AK-47 I repeat can not buy a fully automatic AK-47 because the AWB has sunset.

The AWB deals mostly with comsmetic features on rifles it has nothing to do with full auto guns.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Oops, looks like I messed up again.

I am not really into weapons, so I did a quick google and found AK-47s could be sold now. I guess it is wrong.

Sorry guys.

Surf

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
Oops, looks like I messed up again.

I am not really into weapons, so I did a quick google and found AK-47s could be sold now. I guess it is wrong.

Sorry guys.

Surf

Dont worry It just shows the anti-gun movement propaganda is doing a good job. They often use the AK-47 as a example to attack the sunset of the AWB because the military(full auto) and civilian (semi-auto) version have the same name.

The M-16 and AR-15 are they same exact deal but have different names so its hard to confuse them. AK-47 sounds more scarry then AR-15 and can be confused with the military rifle.

When they use this tactic they are aiming it at people that are not really into weapons.

The truth is even before the AWB and after it you could always buy full auto machine guns if you are rich thogh. If you can afford the permits and the $15,000 for the rifle not much eles is stopping you.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
The truth is even before the AWB and after it you could always buy full auto machine guns if you are rich though. If you can afford the permits and the $15,000 for the rifle not much eles is stopping you.

Exactly, if your rich you can by an off duty police force, just like Bill Gates & you don't ever need to touch a gun. If guns were completely banned they'd be making em out in their garages & they would be talking about banning certain metals.

new topics

top topics

join