It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contest with prize by me.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Neo-Philosophy

1.) Because humankind is undeniably fallible, it follows that all previous philosophical concepts are flawed to some degree, therefore

2.) Every individual should be reared in all philosophical thought, encouraged to apply them to their lives as they see fit, and

3.) Ultimately pick and choose the precepts that work best towards their own happiness.

This is awesome. I'm not sure if it has ever been explicitly said.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiZZiM
Here's my idea...it comes from violating one of the laws of thermodynamics. So entropy increases as the universe ages but my idea is that the universe ends when all the secrets and knowledge is discovered or one can essentially become god with technology. Say the human race is inventing and inventing with so many ideas and creativity but what happens when eventually if someone or some species could live long enough, if they or them run out of creativity or things to invent because with technology you have mastered EVERY aspect of the universe and entropy means nothing? you know all, have done all and can do all at will? you could put the universe back to what it was at any point. I think it may be possible at some point if you had like an incredibly detailed scan of every point of matter and energy you could track them all back with computer models to where they began in space and time since you discovered everything even the secrets of the quantum. so what happens when we run out of creativity? lol its kind of like the topic of the thread.

Ohh interesting...so once the knowledge pool is depleted and completely brought forth into the world then life would cease to exist...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NiZZiM

ok, these are getting really good.

So, your theory is that basically the universe is in a state of completing itself. That once it has made a full realization of itself and come full circle. it will become whole and stop existing. That the only purpose for reality is for the universe to see itself. Like reality being a mirror and we the very eyes that see. This is not dissimilar to the theory of God making creation to contemplate himself.

“Because God has made us for Himself, our hearts are restless until they rest in Him.”
Saint Augustine of Hippo

The All is also an allusion to the observer created universe. We create our own reality; hence we are the architect, The All. Another way would to be to say that the mind is the builder. Freemasonry often includes concepts of God as an external entity, however, esoteric masonic teachings[citation needed] clearly identify God as the individual himself: the perceiver. We are all God and as such we create our own reality. Although others believe God to be abstract. Meaning he is not seen in reality, but understood through deep contemplation. He is all around us everyday, just hiding in the miracles and beauty of our Earth.
en.wikipedia.org...

When all of creation is one with God.....God is a relative term. I think he is the representation of all and more importantly Oneness. When we all realize this, there is no more purpose to life, since life is meant to teach us this. Many religions and systems of faith teach this. Being one with oneness is the ultimate goal.

Good observation by you. Many don't get this concept. They think of themselves as being eternal slaves to a singular entity, when in reality the deeper understanding of any holy book is to realize that we are to work towards oneness with God. The Cabala teaches for us to strive for this harmony with God, and through this oneness with God to then contemplate the universe.

The cabala also teaches that there are different phases of the soul and that there is one aspect of it that is refused with God. When everything else is destroyed, or returns to its inexistent state that the only thing that remains is God. We are not "with" him or are "like" him. We are literally as one with him, the same being.

Oneness with God is the ultimate goal of religion. Harmony with the whole for a reunification. A return to that state. The purpose? well, to contemplate the universe. That is why God was "divided" into us, so that when we return God may understand himself and so existence, the universe.

Having done that, nothingness is the logical state, since that is where "God" came from. The cabala teaches the universe made God, and that the universe came into being FOR God when God became conscious of the universe and pondered it.

when he is one with it, it may well cease to exist again for him, and he/ us /all will return to our natural state in another form of existence, nothingness. Outside of the mirror (reality)

I think this too by the way. Nice,

but alas, we must move on to find that spark of what god has discovered. Indeed the purpose of this thread in part.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Patrece

Ohh I have another theory I thought about - you know how when you were ten and you had a friend, they looked like themselves, right? Well, now let's say you are twenty, and you see a picture of them on Facebook, and they look the same!

Is it possible that when we see someone who looks "younger" or "older" it has nothing to do with how they really look, but instead has to do with the difference between ages?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mystery_Lady

I think you are spot on. It is natural progression. To avoid this is to deny yourself your very purpose. I like it.

but it is what we are here for. Let's see if we can find that certain something we have been searching for thus far.

Have a good one and thanks.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Moon as Seed of Life

"It was the stone that was rejected by the builders, that became the keystone."

Perhaps ejected by "the builders", like a seed pod (containing many such devices, along with DNA programming) straight into the galactic accretion disk in the form of future solar cornerstones, while making the suns and the planets to "stand up", a phenomenon without which life on earth woudn't resemble anything even remotely close to what we enjoy today. The moon is the dynamic stabalizing force for life on earth, and reveals via the eclipse an extraordinary coincidence and one which, in the far distant past or future we would not see as the moon was closer to the earth aeons ago (with inland tides this likes of which the world has never seen before and will never see again) and is slowly moving away at a rate of about 3 cm/yr and thus, long after civilization passes away or leaves the earth, the eclipse phenomenon won't be visible, and is only significant to a human observer, at this very point in earth and human evolution!

Furthermore, during the winter and solar eclipses, the moon mimics the sun and rises at the opposing ecliptic, this is again something only meaningful or significant, for a human observer from earth and represents another coincidence so extraordinary, that coincidence has to be ruled out in favor of intelligent design.

Otherwise, it is a coincidence and a series of coincidences in terms of this earth moon sun relationship of such an extraordinary magnitude, that such a phenomenon ever repeating would be the most remote of possibilities, it's that precise and precisely weighted in favor of life. In other words that it represents a cosmologically unique configuration.

As to the formation of the moon itself, the only hypothesis which makes any sense is that of the material being pulled from the forming earth, made predominantly of mantal material (which is beneath the crust), but to do that kind of drawing out of earth material, a rather powerful force needs to be set in place ie: the seed of the moon.

To test this model and hypothesis, further analysis should be made of the moon's interior composition, initial analysis of which reveals some stunning observations, including the fact that the moon's inner density renders it all but hollow, and when hit by a piece of the Apollo 13 mission when they dropped everything away, the moon's seismometers they'd placed previously recorded a very large "wobble" over a large area of the moon's interior ie: it rang like a bell. I therefore propose that within the interior of the moon might be discovered some sort of artificial, mathematical configuration perhaps resembling a hyperdimensional Platonic Solid Metatronic Cube or some such thing.

And no, Stanley Kubrick's 2001 A Space Odessy does not adequately capture this idea because in that case it was a buried rectangle, not the core and formative configuration of the moon itself.

My hand also has laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand has spread out the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up together.

Isaiah 48:13

edit on 22-11-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

The god head is a very deep concept that has had much time for study and debate. There are many theories. If yours is a new concept of it then cool. If it is an extension, well let us learn from you, but the prize offered here will not be yours, you will receive something much better and worthwhile.

Lay it on us.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sgspecial19

your idea of no disease except an error in the state of mind is shared by many people. I think it has some truth to it. It is basically the principal of holistic medicine. Cure the spirit and the body will heal. Disease starts in the mind and soul, and is manifested in the body second.

sorry man, trying to find that one post that will fit the OP.

Thanks though.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by notquiteright

When something major or significant is about to happen to a person in the near future, the energy created by the event travels toward the person, as the persons energy travels toward the event, much like plugging an appliance into the wall which is turned on, sometimes a spark will come out of the socket to meet the plug. When this connection of the energies occurs, the person experiences a premonition of the event. Varying energies of different people would account for why some have further reaching premonitions than others.

Your concept is really interesting to me. It is basically how psychic phenomena is explained.

There were actually tests done where one group of students were shown the answers to a set of random predictions AFTER the test. Others were not. Of these two groups, the ones to see the answers AFTER the test scored much higher than those that were not shown the answers after it was administered.

It is really interesting to think that somehow the answers were shown to the students in the past by their future minds sending them the information.

Lotto winners usually make a point to check the results and make mental record of the winning numbers. FYI

Nice,

I have to move along though with this since I am falling behind here. I would love to talk about this some more. Maybe after the contest is over we can chat about it.

edit on 22-11-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by openeyeswideshut

The world is held together by way of two parts. Mollecule and wave. It is the pitch of the all encompasing "god frequency" that tells the molecules what shape and order they should take.

I like it. It makes sense. Thing is it is pretty much observer created reality. There are a number of takes on this. If you want to expand on it I would love to hear your thoughts on it. It can get pretty convoluted, but it is really interesting.

Nice.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Next we have this concept by silent thunder. Let me sit down with this one since it is not something I am too familiar with. It looks promising.

How about this: The laws of mathematics change slowly over time. Example: Right now 1+1=2, but this is not an eternal truth; at some point in the future, 1+1 will no longer equal 2; it will equal something else. When that happens, the physical world will change accordingly - when you put one stone in a bag and then put another stone in, there will be either more or less than 2 stones in the bag. These changes may happen so slowly we would not notice, but the point is that math itself changes just like everything else in the universe.

EDIT:
IS ANYONE GOOD WITH THEAORETICAL MATH? !!! AHHH !!!

my head hurts

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

I just came up with it for your topic. They say, "It’s all been done before," so it wouldn't surprise me if has been, but this all came from my head.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Like splitting the atom, the soul splits at its end with the shear force to push half the energy that made you 'you' into a plane where your past energies exists and mingle. The other half gets forced back into the circle of life within a vessel willing to form as a somewhat old yet new 'you'. all souls are never new souls but they are also never the same soul.

yeah I better stick to my day job but thats what I have for ya. I dont want stars all I want is to know if this is original or if it could even be considered a philosophy? Im not that good with this kinda stuff.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneCloudHopper2

yeah that's kind of the point, but has it? maybe all we are capable of knowing or doing has, but by thinking of that next thing we can open the way for a higher thought and existence.

Like Q testing captain Picard on star trek for the first time. When he says that for an instant Picard broke away from everything he knew and was opened up to the limitless possibilities and so he saved mankind by proving that we were capable of such a feat.....

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

ok, I had to dig for this one and found a response from a fellow ATS member that is unfortunately offline. I knew he was good with this but since he can't drop by I just went through his posts and found this.

JiggyPotamus

For the idea I was talking about, alot of the math is the same, but there are separate quantities for the space and time region. Most of the Newtonian physics hold for the region of space in which we live, but for instance, in the dimensions of time, instead of v = x/t, or displacement (space or distance) over time, it is v = (1/t) / t , which is (1/t^2)... a = v/t becomes a = (1/t^2) / t which comes out to a = 1/t^3...Force translates into E for the time region as well. Reciprocity basically means that s, or d, or x = 1/t...and that time equals 1/s...That is how all these equations are derived.

There are many more that can be derived as well, and the implications, once you understand how the 3 dimensions of time actually cooperate with space, it is pretty awesome.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

this guy is a math Guru.

SO basically when dealing with time and space the math is not constant. That it is measurably different as you cross the farther into the 3 dimensional planes when measuring a point on them.

If I understood that wrong let me know. But I have heard that while the laws of physics as explained by the theory of relativity are constant in the macro universe, they go to hell when you try and apply them to the micro universe.

Go to small and no math will be able to explain how things work how they do. Math is not constant with quantum particles.

Your idea made me feel so dumb...lol

Thank you for that.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

I think you are right, but that sounds just like the butterfly effect and karma itself. I like it though. Thanks for the input.

lets see who is next-

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Next we have this idea by luciddream. In his theory we have all of our environment as a sort of tool box and parts to mix around for a "better?"( I may have understood that worng) existence. Let's see if it is unique.

I'll Post mine about the "reason" for Evolution.

I like to think humans are like plants in our backyard, especially those produce like tomato.

I think our goal is to mix genes around, generation after generation to yield the best fruit that is withstand to environmental changes and give best nutrients.

I would like to think, that we in this planet are just like plants in our backyard, we try to perfect our genes and bring forth the ultimate offspring...thru countless struggles and obstacles our parents and grand parents been thru to give us the current perfected feature.

What the offering would do or what is the plan for it is unknown.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
By the way special thanks to dark blade. You really added allot to the discussion. Thanks man.

I was hoping for someone like you to drop by.

Nice

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

so your theory is not quite evolution since it does not completely embrace natural selection, and since the ultimate organism would be too ultimate for its own good. Like an ultimate lion would catch all its food that ran away and would especially catch the fastest and strongest of the herd, making the genetic material passed along to the next generation of its food supply progressively weaker and less "ultimate"

An ultimate organism would consume its food supply and end competition by being the end result surrounded by "inferior" organisms. It would eventually dominate and end the competition of the lesser beings until it was all that remained. That loss of competition would make it lose the ability to maintain adaptation by the lack of diversity and the progress it brings in a species.

Like if the strongest human were the ones to dominate in a situation where physical strength was the main factor in survival, and they used the ultimate human used his strength to snuff out the others until he was all that remained, he would lose the weaker but possibly smarter humans that a future situation would place as the fore runner in overcoming the new environment.

Your theory is a mix of evolution and social Darwinism.

Social Darwinism is generally understood to use the concepts of struggle for existence and survival of the fittest to justify social policies which make no distinction between those able to support themselves and those unable to support themselves. Many such views stress competition between individuals in laissez-faire capitalism; but the ideology has also motivated ideas of eugenics,
en.wikipedia.org...

it is also a sort of interpretation of "survival of the fittest"

An interpretation of the phrase "survival of the fittest" to mean "only the fittest organisms will prevail" (a view sometimes derided as "Social Darwinism") is not consistent with the actual theory of evolution. Any individual organism which succeeds in reproducing itself is "fit" and will contribute to survival of its species, not just the "physically fittest" ones, though some of the population will be better adapted to the circumstances than others. A more accurate characterization of evolution would be "survival of the fit enough".
en.wikipedia.org...

while your idea is intriguing and tempting, especially now with the promises of Transhumanism, I think it is a take, unique one at that, on pre-existing ideas. That the very purpose of creation is to be manipulated by us. Interesting.

but we have to find something completely new. Yours came close,
but we must move on.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Patrece

interesting thoughts. I would say we have covered them in some way in this thread already, but your take on them is definitely unique. Your having one post would be awesome if you won for me since I could hand out the prize in a jiffy and still have time to watch the microwave cook a pizza...lol

I like the way you think. You should stick around on ATS and share your mind. It seems like you would fit in here.

so lets see who is next.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join