It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contest with prize by me.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aqualung2012
I put forth this: When a parent dies, his or her consciousness is transfered into thier child. This is to be applied to all life. I believe that this is the source of the universal drive to breed. Because DNA is thought to act as an antenna, I suppose that of the offspring would naturaly absorb and embrace the escaping energy of its compatible source.

If no offspring, them the consciousness maybe released into an astral realm, or perhaps diverted into the next available vessel.

I never read this, always thought it was my own theory. Probably wrong, but worth a shot.

If this is true and a certainty in nature some children are really screwed. They do not wish to receive anything from their parents and most of all and certainly not a part of their parent(s) perverted consciousness.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This isn't neccessarily philosophical, but I'd like to say this

There is scientific evidence that our moon, Luna, is an astroengineered object which was responsible for seeding life here on earth and which formed the cornerstone of our solar system and by extension, the galaxy, a feat of precision engineering that was accomplished approx 4.5 billion years ago and contained, imbedded in the design, already from its inception, with intent, the evolution of mankind.

In terms of philosophy, this would involve the idea that there is proof of superintelligent design in the formation of the human species within the unique geometric configuration and relationship between the earth, moon and sun.

Here's a starter piece highlighting only a fragment of the evidence to support this idea.

Philosophically, what I'm describing here then would be a new position, based on empirical data, which would refute or undermine the validity of an argument called "The Strong Anthropic Principal" which suggests that the data is in effect, meaningless, if only because if it were any different than what it is, we wouldn't be here in the first place to describe it.

More evidence

The only indication that this has been considered in the past is an ancient Egyptian saying that

"The moon is the mother of the universe."

edit on 22-11-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
ok, heres mine.................The reason we have black,red,white, brown yellow etc. humanoids on this planet is because we are all different specimens of humanoids from different planets.Sent here to represent our home planets.

just a thought I've always entertained and please no racism intended.

Also if this isnt original and you have other sources, I would love to know more about this concept thanks

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I would agree, however I must point out that this is, of course, a "like it or not" sort of theory. Genetic traits are passed along for better or worse. Hereditary behavioral tendencies such as alcoholism and depression are passed along generations.

In the case of genetic heredity, this unfortunate passing along of negative traits is avoidable only by selective breeding (an art poorly practiced in the human race)... and are only mitigated by medicine, therapy and similar treatment.

In the theory I have put forth, the nature of the deceased parents' consciousness merging with the child's would NOT be something so tangible as a tendency for alcoholism. Perhaps the negative or abusive emotional/behavioral traits of the parent are ABSOLVED in and by the child. Somehow, the process of energy transference could alleviate the suffering of that child, enlighten him or her to the nature of their parents' "sickness."

I would suggest that in the case of a loving parent, the reunion would strengthen the survivors resolve and enlarge the capacity of the child to love, and show compassion... Where as the negative traits of an abusive parent, upon transference, would be stripped away, considering the source of the abuse is deceased, allowing the child a freer worldview, perhaps then the abuser may finally recover or succumb to his or her violent upbringing/heredity.

All this is fine speculation, and seems to dip into the field of psychotherapy, but when it come down to it: generally speaking, abusive parents rear abusive parents, in one round about way or another. It is only through self understanding and a wider viewpoint than ones own circumstance that one can free themselves from their conditioning.

Applying this theory of "consciousness transference," one may see that the results are not as cut and dry as may be in more established sciences charged with the study of behavior ad genetics.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
the purpose of the universe is to fill the space, to fill the space with creativity and originality. this is what we do we fill the void with thought, shape, music etc. It is our nature, the nature of nature.. think about it no two eyes are the same, no two noses are the same, no two landscapes are the same, no two planets, no two stars, no two plants etc ...we should focus more on what we are filling the space with.....

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneCloudHopper2

ok, well after digging I came up with one funny reason why it is not original. Family guy. Stewie goes on his time transporter pad with Brian, and they go beyond time, to a point before its creation where the laws of physics do not exist. Stewie then over loads his transporter pad to shoot them back into normal time. It turns out that Stewie´s over load of his time pad WAS the big bang....so Stewie from family guy is god.....lol

then there is this more serious notion of what you allude to.

However in 1915, Einstein introduced his revolutionary General Theory of Relativity. In this, space and time were no longer Absolute, no longer a fixed background to events. Instead, they were dynamical quantities that were shaped by the matter and energy in the universe. They were defined only within the universe, so it made no sense to talk of a time before the universe began.

It would be like asking for a point south of the South Pole. It is not defined. If the universe was essentially unchanging in time, as was generally assumed before the 1920s, there would be no reason that time should not be defined arbitrarily far back. Any so-called beginning of the universe would be artificial, in the sense that one could extend the history back to earlier times. Thus it might be that the universe was created last year, but with all the memories and physical evidence, to look like it was much older.
www.hawking.org.uk...

It is mind cramping just to think about, and very expanding just to let linger in your thoughts. Good try but no dice.
Thanks for that one. I really liked it.

so we move on. Wow, there a bunch now. I will try and get through them faster now, work was insane but I can concentrate now.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I put forth this: When a parent dies, his or her consciousness is transfered into thier child. This is to be applied to all life. I believe that this is the source of the universal drive to breed. Because DNA is thought to act as an antenna, I suppose that of the offspring would naturaly absorb and embrace the escaping energy of its compatible source.

If no offspring, them the consciousness maybe released into an astral realm, or perhaps diverted into the next available vessel.

I never read this, always thought it was my own theory. Probably wrong, but worth a shot.

There is a blank slate theory that talks about culture being passed on from parents to their children, this is something I completely agree with, before that people were under the conclusion that God granted us his divine wisdom even if we grew up in the woods without human contact.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Here is one. We are essentially infants from the moment we are born to the moment of death. We try and mask it with elaborate words and ideas, but the exact same habits, attributes and personality quirks that plague us in the developmental years, continue throughout our lives until our feeble years descending on senility. (Which brings us back the stage we started.)

You often hear, "People are acting like they are in highschool" because it's true. The world tries to instil some sense of maturity, or realness to our actions over a certain age, but as you age, you realize those wrinkly faces are no different than the ones who tried to steal your apple juice 50 some odd years earlier.

The real epiphanies people have in middle life, is the one where they realize they spent a lifetime trying to run and hide from what they actually are. Realizing that everything they did to convince themselves they grew up was pointless, as all the actions were superficial.

I call it the baby-paradign.

I have a theory about this, actually. It has to do with 20-year generational cycles.

A. Creative
B. Totalitarian
C. Relaxed
D. Creative

See, what happens here is, the generation that is similar to you happens to be your great-grandparents. Therefore, there is literally no interaction between those two generations and everything you do seems fresh, even though it has been done before.

And, while you still grow up feeling like a kid because you are doing the same things you did when you were a kid, people from the younger generations view you as an adult, then a grandpa, because they do different things than you did when you were a kid.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

We embed tiny replicas of our "self" into everything we look at or think about (effecting both realms of our consciousness)
If we have embedded enough of our "selves" into the world around we achieve a state of omnipotence and oneness with the universe.
This may take several lifetimes all the while disconnected and unaware of each other's life span.
The ultimate goal would to be either water or lava. Heaven or Hell

www.youtube.com...

similar to your theory. Yours is more elegant and entails more thought behind the process. For that, I have to give you 100 stars. But basically the "we ARE the universe" is in many theories. I like your explanation of how.

"be water my friend" -Bruce Lee.

but we must move on.

edit on 22-11-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NiZZiM

next we have this concept by NiZZiM.

Here's my idea...it comes from violating one of the laws of thermodynamics. So entropy increases as the universe ages but my idea is that the universe ends when all the secrets and knowledge is discovered or one can essentially become god with technology.

Say the human race is inventing and inventing with so many ideas and creativity but what happens when eventually if someone or some species could live long enough, if they or them run out of creativity or things to invent because with technology you have mastered EVERY aspect of the universe and entropy means nothing?

you know all, have done all and can do all at will? you could put the universe back to what it was at any point. I think it may be possible at some point if you had like an incredibly detailed scan of every point of matter and energy you could track them all back with computer models to where they began in space and time since you discovered everything even the secrets of the quantum. so what happens when we run out of creativity? lol

its kind of like the topic of the thread.

ok, let's see if we can dissect this and see if it is an original thought.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordtyp0
Will take a stab. This is first draft-sort of a brain dump:

This is an extrapolation on a few concepts. One being the 'holographic universe' idea that all matter is projected into 3d space from outside of physical reality. The second is linguistic meaning-how words and meaning shape the person, third aspect is pursuit of meaning within personal perception and existence.

All physical reality is confined within its self defined boundaries. The human mind is no different-it takes input from the universe surrounding it and interprets said data in regards to it's comprised elements. To a person who is born to fanatically religious people-the world is obviously colored through the lenses of the faith they were indoctrinated to. If a person is abused-the world becomes hostile. To a person who never experiences hardships-the world is a soft place where they always expect to win.

If we are in fact projections comprising constituent elements that encase our identities then everything we experience changes the identity-each image and each word. Likewise, every interaction with others changes who they are. The ripple effect spreads from each point of causality.

Matter is simply energy in the solid state, this infers that there are layers of energy within the entire encased universe and accounts for entropy. Like the mind it can be inferred that physical reality gains input from sources outside of it's boundaries. Also like the mind this data takes the form of low-almost non-existent energy that causes changes and disturbances that also ripple inward. As the ripples decay, entropy takes over reducing the ripples-but leaving changes in tact. This is what time is-the projection and regression of ripple effects through reality. But, since high energy does not come into the 'system', eventually reality will fade until there is no longer energy resulting in an eventual collapse into a single point.

So, what happens to people and the identities when the universe ends? In the absence of spiritual proof: The collapse of the universe to the key point-the state before the big-bang: there is good chance that the compression of matter would result in one of a few configurations: when things are compressed they take formations naturally.

In tight summary: It can be construed that the universe does in fact repeat with minor variances. The minds that existed before will exist again on the next incarnation of the Universe-though perhaps with minor variances.

That was a quick brainstorm and toss out-if I get a chance I will flesh it out a bit.

This was the plot of The Matrix: Reloaded. Other parts of it are *probably* covered in cultural psychology, unless they don't want to admit that being in a religious culture shapes who you are.

But I like your style. A lot. This is great thinking.
edit on 22-11-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

As our theories are allowed to borrow from others, then I must make it known that indeed, mine borrows from buddhism, and quantum mechanics... However, in the way that astrophysics borrow and expound upon standard physics, alike yet different, so is the case for my theory of the parent child bond.

my basic logical deduction borrows from the theory that energies can only be transformed, and not destroyed. If that is true, then mental energies must also follow suit. Now, with the "DNA as antennae" unsorted, I have surmised that when one dies, the "mind stuff" of that person would either instantly or gradually shift to the most viable receptor (should one be available)

Remember, this energy would be transformed, so it would not be such a discernable change to the living, but imagine how wonderful it would be to somehow be within the mind of your child, influencing them an a greater conscience.

It is very true that we must build upon older philosophies to make a new one, in fact, that is the easiest way to do it. I don't think I've heard of this before. So question - do these have to be provable?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

SO this is the next post in the thread that poses an original idea....or so we shall see. This is getting hard. You guys are good.

Coalesced Existence

Everything coalesces, eventually forming geometric patterns that adhere to different fractal series of replications based on stimuli and causality. Every given whole, that is created this way has an expiration date that is dictated by the strength of the now produced geometric structure. Said expiration date is then as well governed by the frequency and amplitude of everything in which surrounds said given whole. Every existence of coalesced matter, then becomes a building block that behaves similarly, in a coalescing fashion, repeating these steps.

Our DNA is simply one of these coalesced wholes, in which their molecular structure retains information that has been gathered, expired and re-introduced as to adhering to stimuli and/or its surroundings. In order for us to be conscious, our brains actively seek patterns consciously and unconsciously, that are based on the governing principals of the universe. These patterns are then compartmentalized, as to avoiding cognitive dissonance... now producing 'self'.

The active search for patterns is not to satisfy any questions of why. Rather, applying the notion of inquiry is to satisfy and rationalize the very act of learning and the coalescing of information in our brains.

That is pretty complicated, but where does the information come from in the first place? I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just curious what you think. There is a different type of information for life than there is for rocks and minerals, as they are opposite forces.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
OK I'll bite, I think ( & yes I have thought this allot) technology has got to the point that A.I. is TPTB & we just cant see it. Look at the web, it's in a sense "immortal" you can't kill it,if the grid went down today there is still military networks that would survive, and the world has come to the point we can't live w/out it. I feel that allot of the worlds issues are smoke & mirrors to blind us from whats going on. ( & no I do not mean like the matrix) the beast to kill the world is the one we make, & its growing right in front of us yet blinding us with its snake charms. I am not saying that robots are going to take over the world, or use us as battery's, I think it likes the control that it has over us as is why mess up a good thing right, we fight to build it better, don't you think if we could make a smart phone that we could make a more sustainable world.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz

Originally posted by grayeagle
Human senses are shaped and modified by early family positive or negative nurturing. I believe for both the physical and the esoteric such as intuition, spiritual, etc.
edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: (no reason given)

yeah I think so too.

I light of the contest though, I will have to say it is the concept of nature VS nurture.

en.wikipedia.org...

Okay I will put forth a theory: There is a physical world and a spiritual world. When humans are being creative, they are interacting with the spiritual world, or the quantum library as I like to call it, and then they use the logical side of their brain to bring information from the spiritual world and store it on Earth.

This information, if stored in language and texts, can be passed on to new generations and built upon.

This same situation can be applied to cells, as they are capable of this as well, and it aids in evolution. Therefore evolution is a positive force, or life force - evolution of culture, or of biology - whereas physical objects decay.

This is part of a very large philosophy I am working on.
edit on 22-11-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I am speaking of one universe. Same matter. There is no branch of infinite universes.

That's definitely an interesting theory. Places like CERN are in the process of proving multiple universes and branching universes at the moment.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

Abstract

The Holy Grail of gerontologists investigating cellular senescence is the mechanism responsible for the finite proliferative capacity of somatic cells. In 1973, Olovnikov proposed that cells lose a small amount of DNA following each round of replication due to the inability of DNA polymerase to fully replicate chromosome ends (telomeres) and that eventually a critical deletion causes cell death.

Telomere loss: mitotic clock or genetic time bomb?
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

This concept was actually talked about in the movie "Blade Runner" it is the reason that the synthetics have a 4-year limited lifespan. It is a very interesting concept, because it seems like it was put into place to give people limited life-spans. There are theories about how to get around this and increase longevity.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunflowerStar
My mother used to get furious with us and say "Can't you just have an original thought?" "Are you so engrained in the herd that you would follow them off the cliff?" But she also said leave me alone and go entertain yourself, that it was character building exercise, thinking we would not be codependant creatures.

The discussion about parents energies at time of death has me pondering...,I think it skips a generation and isn't at the time of death. The connection between grandchildren and grandparents happens while we are living and we have a mutual back and forth of energy, that parents and children don't share, and parents are baffled by the relationship.

This would go along with my idea of the energies skipping two generations. My theory is actually supported by research here although I took a psychological approach instead of a historical one.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

At it's core: What I was attempting to express is the Universe is dead but evolves. It adheres to it's rules of interaction and has input from outside it'd boundaries. In a similar fashion the 'mind' is a contained conceptual universe housed in the boundary of the brain. The mind gets energy in: Chemicals (nutrients) and informational. Both change the way people think to various degrees.

So: Time is an arbitrary measurement of how things interact:Entropic Decay, movement etc. This is why it is commonly called 'space-time'. It simply allows predictions and suppositions of where things were and how they will be. So all that exists in fact is 'now'. The Universe goes through the big bang, runs its course, depletes energy via entropy and other forces, slows its growth and falls back into itself.

I believe that the informational potential you described is something that scientists and psychologists are not going to be very happy with when they find out how it works.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join