It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Israeli Strategy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Another Humorous Thread by You. Thanks for the Chuckles.

Israel taking out Hamas first, is like a Foreign Invader on the US taking out the Neighbourhood Watch.

What Hamas could do, Compared to Syria and Iran is not even on the same Scale.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Do not mistake Hamas for an Iran puppet. That is one thing they are not. Hamas and Iran had an idealogical split that started a little less than a year ago. The reason for it? The conflict in Syria. While Hezbolah and Iran sided with Abbas, Hamas was more aligned with the Muslim Brotherhood and the Arab Spring movement. The Arab Spring caused a massive shake-up in the work of Islamic extremists, and realigned certain factions. Perhaps this was US' original plan behind the whole thing - split the extremist camp into two factions: those who support the traditional dictatorships and those who seek to overthrow them. Now this does not mean Iran does not publically sympathize with Hamas and continues to supply them. But the relationship is not the same it once war.

So as far as your "paving the way to attack Iran" theory goes, it does not seem to hold up in light of recent events.

And you can also rest assured that Israel will not attack Iran. The best time to attack Iran has passed already, and it is doubtfull Israel could carry it out successfully without getting the US fully involved. US and Israel have only one hope for Iran now - internal conflict leading to toppling of the current regime. The Arab Spring could logically lead to that eventually, but Iran will be different from Syria and Libya. The plan won't unravel until at least three years from now, and then the current events in Syria and Libya will make much more sense.
edit on 21-11-2012 by maloy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OperationIraqiFailure

Originally posted by dontreally
I think I understand Natanyahu's strategy now. When Israel attacks Iran's nuclear facilities, they'll be having to worry about simultaneous attacks from Irans Shabab missiles, Hezbollah in the north and Hamas in the south. By getting rid of Hamas' missile capabilities and destroying their government facilities/training centers/bomb factories etc, Israel freed themselves from having to allocate military resources to attending to a southern barrage of missiles from Hamas.

Clever tactic. I don't see Israel entering Gaza for a ground offensive. They've done what they needed to do.

First and foremost, I don't support Hamas or Israeli foreign policy. I support and pray for the people of Israel and the civilians in Gaza to be safe.

That being said, Israel fired first and here's the earliest possible article I can find on the inter-webs.

Sorry to do this on your thread, but I'm tired of news companies lying to me and I'm tired of my own People believing one side of the story without researching the other.

Lima-1, out.
edit on 21-11-2012 by OperationIraqiFailure because: grammar

From your source:

14:35 GMT: The crackdown follows the recent escalation of violence in the region. The conflict broke out last week when Palestinian militants attacked at an Israeli military jeep. Israel responded with retaliatory attacks, to which the Gaza Strip replied with heavy rocket fire at southern Israel.

Israel didn't fire first, but they sure did blow things out of proportion in their retalation.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

Iran and Hamas have a common enemy, that enemy is Israel; if Israel begins a war with Iran, it can rest assured that Hamas and other militant groups will strike it, opening a war on many fronts. It is very hard to fight a war on many fronts, though I don't doubt that if Israel were to engage in such a war America and other Western nations would rush to her aid.

Israeli pacifism is crucial to world peace at this time because rival nations are so polarized; if they have an excuse to fight each other, the situation could quickly escalate into a world war.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

You underestimate Israel's military capability. Don't. In terms of technology, Iran and Syria don't come close; they could inflict major damage to Israel provided the Iron Dome fails, but at a very dire price.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
That last comment is a very perceptive interpretation of the headlines of the last few weeks.....WW3?ya think so?
Look people.
Nuclear weapons are non weapons.......they can not be used in war ever again, and the goverments ALL KNOW IT!
The very first nuke thats launched from anywhere will bring DESTRUCTION OF THE OFFENDING COUNTRY BY SOME CONGLOMERAQTION OF NATIONS PERIOD.
Nukes are useless as war weapons now. period.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
Iran and Hamas have a common enemy, that enemy is Israel

That is their enemy for PR purposes. Their real enemy is internal - their own people who see through their BS and want to root them out. Both Hamas and Iran regimes are unlikely to ever be taken out by Israel. If they are taken out, it will be by their own kind.

if Israel begins a war with Iran, it can rest assured that Hamas and other militant groups will strike it, opening a war on many fronts.

What will Hamas stike it with? Qassams's and Grads? Believe me, if Israel starts a war with Iran it will have far more critical things to worry about. Hezbolah - yes, it has some semi-serious hardware in its arsenal. Dealing with Hamas is child's play if it comes to an all out war.

It is very hard to fight a war on many fronts, though I don't doubt that if Israel were to engage in such a war America and other Western nations would rush to her aid.

And Israel is just the nation that has dealt with wars on multiple fronts. They are more adapt to it than anyone else.

Israeli pacifism is crucial to world peace at this time because rival nations are so polarized; if they have an excuse to fight each other, the situation could quickly escalate into a world war.

Nah - the world (China, Russia, US, South America, Europe, Australia, etc...) cares more about globalization and trade deficits than about a few angry dogs in a god-forsaken desert.
edit on 21-11-2012 by maloy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

The Quran gave that land to Israel . It's in there so give up . And we both kmow that Israel did not fire first . Just more Muslim lies .

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Israel is an weak crazy bully

threatening Iran for years.

All the Iranian people know it.

All their intention is to make Iran unstable.

Fear is a big tool and they use it while they can.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
it is what it always was, a cover tactic to mobilize troops without suspicion for an attack against iran.

it could be argued that they are using the palestinians as hostages to get what they want.

which is a u.s. invasion of iran.

the palestinians are zero threat to israel. it's like a fly threatening an elephant.

what did obama have to promise israel for the ceasefire and to avoid a massacre in gaza. we are about to find out.

my bet is don't join the u.s. military any time soon.

edit on 21-11-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Iran ? Which Iranian people ? The people who oppose Ahmadinejad and Khomeini the radicals that killed more of their own people than Israel killed during this war .War is hell and when your enemy hides among the women and children like cowards and purposely puts them in peril what can you expect of Israel .
The Muslim logic is that of sociopath . Funny thing is that the West Bank is flourishing . Why can't Gaza ? The answer is Hamas .

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I think the OP could be right on the money here.

I also think that (false flag stuff aside), by hitting gaza first they've also probably spurred Iran to step up its game, in which doing so may lead to a mistake on behalf of the Iranians. That mistake could be manufactured of course (FF).. or it could be genuine. By 'mistake', I'm thinking getting caught 'red handed' retaliating, beyond what we've heard so far (sending rockets and arms etc). That'll seal the deal for some nastiness.

Either way I can't imagine Iran being more passive than they've been after all this.

I also agree with the 'testing the toys' theory as someone else said.

Don't get me wrong, I'm just commenting.. not taking sides.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by spoogemonkey

Iran knows if they make a move they will glow . After all their proxy Hamas and Hezbollah can do their dirty work .

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Let's not diminish our thought process by using ridiculous one liners.. Iran will glow.. turned into glass, parking lot, blah blah. Same old rhetoric that's becoming far too common here.

It's a sad time for intellectual discussion.

Peace will ensue when concessions are made on both sides, but that's not the point of this thread. Let's talk about potential strategy and how it could relate to iran. What you've written does absolutely nothing for anyone with a well-informed reasoned approach to this conflict. You're just too polarised to be an attractive read
sorry.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

....They're building 3 more at 50 million apiece; it only needs a "few months" time to fully defend Israel's skies.
Although I agree that it performed extremely well. It intercepted 300 + incoming missiles. A 90% success rate.

The problem with the Iron Dome missile is that .... "An industry source familiar with production standards for such weapons, estimated that at full output a company like Rafael would be able to produce around 10 missiles a day."
Hamas had launched 1,506 rockets(Israeli data) in the last 8 days. So that average out to 188 rockets a day. (Hamas is estimated to have an initial inventory of 10,000 rockets.) Hamas is willing to sacrifice a rocket for each Iron Dome missile interception. At this rate, the I D missile inventory is seriously depleted. This is the most likely explanation of why Israel readily to agree with Hamas for a ceasefire, even though Israel appears to have the upperhand in this round of fighting. It's I D missile inventory is precariously low.
Why can't Israel stop the high rate of fire (188 rockets/day)? Because it's difficult to locate the well hidden launch sites, and even more difficult to kill the rocket crews. Israel carried out over 1,500 airstrikes in Gaza, and destroyed very little rocket launch sites/rocket crews. All the rockets are launched by remote control, so the rocket crews are safely positioned well away. The more sophisticated launcher are hidden beneath the ground, and then mechanically(by remote control) raised to firing position. After firing(also by remote control) it's retracted below the ground. It's covered with a camouflaged "umbrella".

www.timesofisrael.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

This offensive was also a real-life testing of Israel's Iron Dome missile/artillery-shell shield.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
To me it seems more like the continuation of an old tactic, clearly seen through; Operation Penitence in 2004 and Operation Cast Led in 2008-09, the refusal to overtly negotiate with Hamas, the continuation of a painful blockade on the people of Gaza (to both undermine Hamas and wage economic and psychological warfare on the people), the continued expansion of Israeli settlements, and the refusal to negotiate with the Palestinian Authority in a cooperative capacity, despite the fact they have renounced violence.

Moreover, Netanyahu has an election to win. What better way to win an election than starting an unprovoked war in Gaza, escalating tensions and then swooping in an flattening Gaza the way many Israelis seem to think it should be.

Firstly, Hamas did not break the ceasefire. When Israel bombed a soccer field, killing 2 Palestinian children, Hamas started a new volley of rocket fire which escalated after the funeral of those children was targeted and after the head of Hamas' military command, who in Haaeretz's own words was Israel's 'enforcer', who negotiated a ceasefire and kept Hamas in check. In fact, Israel's justification for assassinating him at this stage seems to be that he could not crackdown on other militant groups continuing terrorist attacks.

Lastly, this is a continuation of Israel's aggressive stance on security, expansion and settlements. They don't want peace. If they wanted peace they could have negotiated a peace settlement from 1993 to 2006, before Hamas was ever elected and during a period that the PLO and Fatah had renounced violence. It is due to Israel's lack of progress and commitment towards peace, that the people gave up hope in Fatah and supported Hamas instead. It's what brought Hamas into power, it's what makes Hamas popular and it is why support for Hamas will continue to grow whilst support for the now very corrupt and powerless Fatah (essentially a group that has become Israel's surrogate) will continue to dwindle.

Violence begets violence, hatred begets hatred and terrorism begets terrorism. That goes both ways.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

If someone was totally wanting to kill you would you negotiate with them over and over again . Hamas was put there by other powers who only want the Jews dead . If they were all over in America the Muslim radicals would seek to kill them . They are over here now trying to spread Islam .

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Israel had every right to take out Hamas' missile capabilities.

how so?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shuye

Link 1 - Hamas commits war crimes, launching 600 rocket attacks on Israeli civilians: Where's the UN condemnation? (November 6, 2012)

those rockets were in retaliation of an Israeli helicopter shooting a 13 year old boy

then poured salt into the wounds by firing at the funeral.

TELL THE TRUTH....if you are capable of that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join