It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel set to declare a unilateral ceasefire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Brilliant move!!! No way Israel will accept the conditons that Hamas is proposing (lifting the gaza blockage and opening the borders) so if Israel just decalres a ceasefire on thier own and they stop the airstrikes then Hama will face HEAVY pressure to stop their attacks as well thus shifting support away from Hamas. Good tactic!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Link? Something? Anything? I'll rejoice if this is true!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Ceasefire is agreed between Hamas and Israel
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Breaking on Foxnews now. Clinton is speaking in Egypt. Ceasefire has been reached goes into effect an hour and a half from now (2PM Eastern US time)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I am glad that a ceasefire seems to be in the works now.

However I must say, Israel blows Gaza into oblivion and then once it's task is complete it says, okay I want a ceasefire now, and then if Hamas continues to fire rockets, they will be seen as ever more the aggressors then they are already portrayed.

I am just glad the violence will be halted for now, if both sides can hold their fire.
edit on 21-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

and Israel says so lets give some phosphorus bombs to Gazans as a gift before the damned ceasfire !

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by maes2

video gone???

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Haven't shed tears of happiness in a really long time.

About d*mn time.

Doesn't diminish the tragedy, by any stretch of the imagination.

We still mourn. But for today at least, I will rejoice.

May the fallen rest peacefully and their families be surrounded by loved ones and receive the support they are so worthy of.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Interesting .. will have to take this one with a grain of salt .. I'm not sure this cease fire will be achieved so easily .. stray rockets are always coming and going ..

Bibi (dude really needs a new name..seriously!) said he does not want a temporary cease fire..but a long term permanent solution .. so lets see whats up his sleeve ..

I have to admit though .. why do the Arabs keep firing rockets ..? they clearly are outdated ..improved .. but still outdated and totally miss their targets .. seriously after over a thousand rockets you can not even do any serious damage .. ? most of them completely missing .. they should just stop .. it's not working .. and besides in return they are getting their own people bombed in mass .. what kind of logic are they applying ..

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

This may sound bad, but either Israel or Hamas needs to take out the other or stability will NEVER come to that region... So they declared another ceasefire? Great.... Until this bullets start flying AGAIN...... I hate feeling this way but I feel one defeating the other would be the best way to bring calmness to that area...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Israel must have something up their sleeve - there's no way they'll accept this deal. They didn't gain anything by this adventure except putting Tel Avivi and Jerusalen in the sites of the Hamas rockets. That's going to annoy (to put it very mildly!) residents in the two most important cities in the country. And for what? Killing a couple of Hamas and Islamic Jihad leaders (who have probably already been replaced) and diminishing the Hamas rocket stockpile.....which will be replenished over the coming months. Oh, and just to make that replenishment easier, they also agreed to relax the blockade of Gaza! I can't believe how far they bent over. They didn't even leave their army on the Gaza border for a few days to intimidate Hamas into holding the cease-fire......they agreed to pull back as soon as the deadline hit......therefor saying "OK, that's it, we capitulate entirely..."
And to think, when this operation started they were saying things like "we don't just want a time out".....and yet that's exactly all they've achieved. Not to mention Netan-yahoo has just committed political suicide - 90% of the population didn't agree with the cease-fire and the folks in the south (who face constant rocket attacks) are fuming. That could well cost him the election.

I am left dumbfounded by this whole situation, and can only conclude that there is a lot more going on here than meets the eye. Maybe Hilary gave them the green light to attack Iran with full US support? Then again, the look on his face during the press conference was more like Hilary had given him an ear-bashing than any kind of support. It's all just....very un-Israeli

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I tend to agree, I'm not advocating one side destroy the other, but c'mon.. how many rockets will hamas need to fire before Israel takes the gloves off again?

I doubt Israel really believes this ceasefire will last, especially with Iran and Syria in the region wanting war, it wont be hard for them to send a few rebels to the gaza strip, shoot some rockets then go home.

Me thinks, this is just a lull!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Please add your thoughts to the existing thread.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join