Facebook Picture of Girl Flipping Off Unknown Soldier Tomb Goes Viral

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Yes it is offensive and very. But seeing this can be scary to making a mistake in life and living with it for ever because of the media. I worry for my kids making some mistake and living with it forever. I think sometimes the media and government is to much into our lives. This is my two cents. God Bless All

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
What is she a liberal or something?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
At the time of this thread, the unknown soldier was unavailable for comment, but logistically, couldn't care less.

So, what's the big deal? The ground, the placemarker, and perhaps the nearby shrubbery took the brunt of the arbitrary hand gesture.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
That's too bad. I feel kind of sorry for her. If I saw that picture I wouldn't have made a big deal about it. I agree it's disrespectful but I wouldn't demand for her to be fired. I'd rather spend my time doing something positive in the world than messing up someone's life.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Making gods out of the fallen is a typical ploy to keep the recruits comming in the doors at the offices of death all
over the world....
Funny i dont see too many people mourning the fallen civilians on any damn day of the year.....
You people obviously suffer from the conditioning of the NWO.....
This is Bullcrap......tho she could have chosen a better joke,
the joke is really on the dead people dont you think......?
If nobody went out to war the goverment couldnt cause the damn things....
I am just sick and tired of the hypocrisy shown by youse sopposedly UN ignorant people...idiots all.
Dont you get that going to war is always in support of slavery and big business and thats it..........................
thats it.
But of course we are better than this miserable miscreant and NEVER do anything stupid or ill advised.....do we?
Let him who is without fault throw the first stone.....
Must be a slow news day so we can all sit around and bitch aBOUT THIS GIRL RIGHT?
RIIIGHT.
Why dont some holy roiller issue a Fatwa againbt her like they do over there?bwaaaaaaaaaa
Dont you people have anything constructive to do?
edit on 21-11-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)
edit on 21-11-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

Let me guess. You must be that fat pigs father trying to justify her actions. These unknown soldiers have created the environment in this country so that slob can give them the finger without the threat of being stoned to death or having her hand cut off like in most third world or ME countries. Have a little respect or get the hell out of this country if you don't like doing the minimum showing of deference to the heroes who are the unaccounted dead.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Mk.... she's just retarded... I have my issues with the things done by the Military Industrial Complex. But her way of expressing hers was very misdirected. The respect that should be shown to our fallen troops world wide should always be held high.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Freedom of speech ... even if it's pure ignorance. That being said ... I hope someday she goes for a government job requiring a security clearance and is turned down for it.

So she should be turned down for a Govt. job, fail a security clearance, which means being placed on the No-Fly list and possibly labelled a potential terrorist for exercising her Freedom of Speech?

How is it Freedom of Speech when your life is ruined for exercising that Freedom?

Peace

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Some people just have to learn lessons the hard way.

Little Miss won't be so snarky next time and will likely think twice before trying to be 'funny' again.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mrnotobc

You've obviously new here.
That's all we do.
So we've done it already.
Now we're complaining about this.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This is America and she is free to do as she wishes...but with that freedom also comes responsibility to act as a human being using reason and tact. This is taking freedom as granted. She's young and stupid, I understand that because I was once like her. I think she learned her lesson.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Amazing how far people will go. I mean to do that a civilians grave or someone you see on the street is bad, but a DEAD SOLDIER, that is terrible.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Really you guys? She said herself that the picture was based solely on the sign - kind of like smoking next to a 'no smoking' sign. She was in no way trying to disrespect the tomb. But no, people misconstrued the idea behind the picture and made her out to be some kind of disrespectful monster.... like a witch hunt, they all just want something to hate! I wonder how many ATSers here actually read up on this. A cursory glance at the comments tells me not many. What's worse, she got in trouble at work!! For something she did outside of work!! Wrong, that is so very wrong! And all because people are hyper-sensitive nitwits. I served my country and have nothing but respect for those who have gone before me to defend freedom and democracy around the world, but I'm also not a moron. Respect for the fallen is not a pissing contest... you don't have to one-up each other.

You wanna know what REAL disrespect to these fallen soldiers is? How about all of us Americans letting the gov. trample on our freedoms that THESE VERY SOLDIERS died to protect?
edit on 21-11-2012 by Generator85 because: Still fuming

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deemo Diablo
I believe in free speech, in that there should be no legal retribution from the government. However, when you do something publicly offensive in public, then post it on a public forum, then you deserve what you get.

Lindsay did not expect her picture to get so much attention, she was beside herself, etc etc. I say B.S. to that. In her mind, and like so many others, they justify their actions with the pretense that they won't get caught. To put it another way, she is only apologizing because she got caught. Otherwise she would have lived out the rest of her life taking advantage of liberties for which the deceased soldier(s) died for. Whether the war was based on a false pretense or not is irrelevant; those soldiers enlisted to protect the freedoms of everyone, they can't help who their leaders are, just as you can't help who your family is.

In conclusion, she is guilty and she is sorry, but only because she was caught. What a waste of air.

Exactly, she has the right to say what she wants, and the government cannot say or do anything about it, First Amendment, however it does not mean you are not going to have to deal with the consequences of your actions to everyone else. IMO, and mind you I have a very dark and sarcastic sense of humor, I cannot fathom why people think that this type of actions are ok. Yes freedom of speech and expression, but what gets me is lack of respect, dignity and compassion has gone anymore.

The last time I was at Arlington, I actually almost got into a fight over people being disrespecting the hollowed ground.

On second thought though.. I would like to see here do that in an Islamic cemetery and see what reactions she gets..

Grim

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Jane Fonda Junior.
I guess this girl is looking to get into show business.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Here's a quick little mental exercise for ya to let you know just who you are and how much of a "true Patriot" you are.

If you called the shots, what would YOU like to see done to this woman for this outrageous act of ignorance?

Me?
Absolutely nothing.
It is called freedom of speech.
Those soldiers she is mocking F###ING DIED (if you buy into the American Propaganda) for her right to do that!!!!!

Does her place of employment have a right to fire her?
It depends on if she works in a no fault state. I am too lazy and don't care enough to look it up.

Do YOU have a right to ridicule her?
Sure do!

Do YOU or anyone else have a right to harrass her?
NO!
Harrassment can be a crime.

What SHE did is............NOT!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Although this is distgusting, I think it's gone a bit over the top...
edit on 21-11-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
This is generation stupid at work..

the kids nowadays have no clue about anything..

she "thought " it would be funny because she was doing stupid pics of stupid things..

you have to understand that kids these days are stupid..

they have no clue what someone dieing for their freedom means...

It's all fun and games to them..

they have never been outside to play..

they live in a "facebook" world ..

do you think she is really sorry?

I don't think so..how would she know?

she is like..pull pin..throw pin..hold grenade...BOOM...

yea..welcome to your future...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

I have kids, they aren't stupid.
They have all sorts of "clues" about lots of things.

They are smart enough not to join the God Damned United S.S.tates Military I'll tell you that much!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Originally posted by baddmove

I have kids, they aren't stupid.
They have all sorts of "clues" about lots of things.

They are smart enough not to join the God Damned United S.S.tates Military I'll tell you that much!

It is the government that is the problem not the troops serving. Many good men and women serve this country so have a little respect.

And I have to agree, the kids of today are imprisoned behind self made walls of circuits. They may be smart but they are also weak. And without strength of spirit all them smarts go to waste.
edit on 21-11-2012 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Her parents did a horrible job of raising their daughter.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum