It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Picture of Girl Flipping Off Unknown Soldier Tomb Goes Viral

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Making gods out of the fallen is a typical ploy to keep the recruits comming in the doors at the offices of death all
over the world....
Funny i dont see too many people mourning the fallen civilians on any damn day of the year.....
You people obviously suffer from the conditioning of the NWO.....
This is Bullcrap......tho she could have chosen a better joke,
the joke is really on the dead people dont you think......?
If nobody went out to war the goverment couldnt cause the damn things....
I am just sick and tired of the hypocrisy shown by youse sopposedly UN ignorant people...idiots all.
Dont you get that going to war is always in support of slavery and big business and thats it..........................
thats it.
But of course we are better than this miserable miscreant and NEVER do anything stupid or ill advised.....do we?
Let him who is without fault throw the first stone.....
Must be a slow news day so we can all sit around and bitch aBOUT THIS GIRL RIGHT?
RIIIGHT.
Why dont some holy roiller issue a Fatwa againbt her like they do over there?bwaaaaaaaaaa
Dont you people have anything constructive to do?

edit on 21-11-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Nuff said......

I think Carlin was referring to the people who jump on bandwagons with no objective or independent thought, more than people who exercise their rights to free speech.

Why is this such a big deal? She has the right to believe what she chooses, just like all of you on ATS have the right to believe in ghosts, aliens, and shape-shifting transdimensional reptilian humanoids.

I don't agree with this girl's actions, but I absolutely agree that she has the same right to her opinion as each of us do to ours. Your personal beliefs, assuming they don't harm others, should not be a reason to obtain or lose your employment. You people all talk about the land of the free, but no one seems to really practice it. We should change that line to "the land of the free, so long as you agree with the mindless majority."

The *ETA -- MAJORITY OF* responses in this thread are the reason the term "sheeple" was coined.

Get over it..

edit on 21-11-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I'm absolutely for free speech and there is a near unlimited space for it. The limit does exist though, as Westboro people have now discovered. Even they can't go parading around, spewing their hate and disrespect, right at graveside. It's DEEPLY offensive and provocative beyond all measure or reason. Likewise, this is as well.

There are few things taken more seriously and with more respect and honor, even today, than the Tomb of The Unknown Soldiers. It's not about specific wars, politics or ..to think back to the Civil war, sides of any kind. It's there to honor and give deep respect to those individuals as they represent the loss of men everywhere and across time.

She was wrong...and there is ALWAYS someone personally there to be offended. That location is never without a presence, 24/7 and 365. Always.

She's awfully lucky the guard didn't see her. I'm thinking he could have made a convincing argument that he merely tripped in what put his boot to her tail and gave her a helpful nudge into infamy. I saw an old guy do that on a video to some punk teenager flashing in public. She went sprawling with no actual harm done to her. The woman here would have looked even better that way.

NOT EVERYTHING a nation holds dear and in deep feeling is open to 'but it's free speech....' Cemeteries are where someone else's free speech stop at MY right to offer respect and have peace at graveside. Sometimes, crapping on a place just to offend others WILL actually bring the desired result......and at the very least, on a legal basis, she was disturbing the peace and could have been tossed out for that on the spot.

Low class doesn't even touch some stories and that is before a single political aspect is considered, IMO

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by badnickname

Whats more funny is that all the people jumping up and down, this has nothing to do with a dead soldiers. THERE IS NO DEAD SOLDIER.

That was just put in to bring out fire for the viral video.

This is a girl, doing the opposite of the sign. Simple.

I am not amused.

She is standing/kneeling at the "Tomb of the Unknown Soldier", a memorial for all the soldiers that never came home or where unidentifiable when they did, what she is doing is in very poor behavior.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubic0n

Originally posted by davcwebb
This girl's name is LINDSAY STONE. This is a picture of her disgracing an Unknown Soldier's Tomb at Arlington Cemetary:

She put this picture on her Facebook page thinking it was a joke. It's gone viral and now she in a heap of you know what (deservingly so). She's just about lost her job and her Dad is out front confronting the media.

This was an outrage. Regardless if you're anti-war or not, this is just wrong!

Video

Rebuttle Article

edit on 11/21/12 by davcwebb because: (no reason given)

A bunch of ff'in drama queens if you ask me.

omg ,someone on the internet made a joke in bad taste ,Quick, send them to Guantanamo bay and vilify them in the media.

And she lost her job over this , hey lets all play moral soldier and pretend to be holier then holiest and jump on the bandwagon and have a party with it. It doesn't matter if we ruin her life over this just because we blow shi* out of proportion.

You know what, lets bully her on facebook and stuff for the rest of her life until she kills herself.

fun fun fun...

Ridiculous

edit on 21-11-2012 by Rubic0n because: (no reason given)

Tell ya what, tell me where the nearest gravestone to a loved one is in for your family. I will piss all over while having a picture taken....

FUN FUN FUN

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Wizards first rule... People are stupid lol
This has really gotten out of control. Move on people there is NOTHING to see here but propaganda. Open your eyes see it for what it is... A piece of poo. That is right step back take a deep breath and look again, OH its a piece of poo.
edit on 21-11-2012 by Uberdavo because: bah

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aisling
reply to post by reeferman

She's not looking directly at the sign, and flipping it off, she is looking toward the ground. Either way, when you are in a cemetery, is that the way one should behave?

How can you tell what she is looking at? She is wearing sunglasses.

Her head is level with the sign, though.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Im behind this girl 100 percent.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Just like when it comes to pictures of Muhammad... the real problem isn't in the picture itself... but the people getting outraged over the picture and those getting outraged at those getting outraged, etc etc.

There is a reason old stories try to remind people to not elevate symbols (idols) too high and stay focused on what is represented behind the symbol and thus can't be "violated" regardless of whatever happens to the "earthly" symbol. By man or nature.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Explain to me what was so offensive?
Making fun of a sign?
I just don't see the connection.

If she was at somebody's tombstone, I could understand, but
it was a contradiction to a sign.

If she loses or lost her job over this picture, she should sue.

edit on 21-11-2012 by FoosM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
People who actually post stupid stuff like this on Facebook need to be committed for psychiatric evaluation.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
...and when was the last time an american soldier protected their homeland from invaders?

...and when was it the last time american soldiers INVADED countries for their oil under the mask of DEMOCRACY?

don't get me wrong, its a tragedy people are uneducated and fall for the whole american way of life is being threatened etc etc and end up dying so that a handfull of americans become from rich-richer... but... i am sick and tired of the whole idiocy of THE FEW THE PROUD THE MARINES... there is nothing to be PROUD about what america has been doing to the world.
edit on 21-11-2012 by Alda1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
If she was making a joke, she should have taken this picture in a library or some other place like this. This dishoners the fallen soldiers who died protecting just this right to expression. Very poor taste.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by davcwebb

So it's okay to kill people, but you're offended by the middle finger..

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Someone of that age should really know better but looks like age doesn't seem to make a difference.
Most likely she failed in every course in school.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Being a Veteran, I'm not so offended. It was a joke, a joke in bad taste, but a joke all the same. I don't think this girl is smart enough to have done that to be offensive, being a self-proclaimed "douchebag". Seriously, who calls their self a douchebag anyway? Stupid Girl, Stupid Joke. That is all. However, she should have expected the outcome, and I feel no pity on her.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
That could have been her baby's daddy or a divorce gone bad. This picture was took on purposr out of personal hatred or something.

I don't think this was some random act.

But it does shows ignorance
edit on 21-11-2012 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Well sure she can do whatever she wants, to me it doesn't make it alright but that is my humble opinion. In my philosophy class I heard the teacher say something about " Your personal freedom ends where the other persons begins." if that makes any sense because I'm translating it from Spanish.

I'm saying that just because the soldier is dead doesn't mean that it doesn't apply.

Yeah that's all I'm gonna say for now, just wanted to put my thoughts on this.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
WRONGG!!!!!!!!!!!............THERES NO RESPECT!!!!....ITS FALLEN SOLDIERS !!!...........OMG!!..

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by davcwebb

In the picture shes not flipping off a grave shes flipping off a sign that says silence and respect. Shes probably dumb and thought it would be funny to take a picture doing the opposite of what the sign says rather than flipping off the graves and purposefully hate mongering.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join