It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Picture of Girl Flipping Off Unknown Soldier Tomb Goes Viral

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
So is that main picture the only picture? I see someone flipping off a sign that is telling them to be quiet and respect. I thought, based off the responses in this thread (was reading on my mobile), that she was literally in front of a tomb, posing with a middle finger to the tombstone or something.

She's clearly directing her rebellion and disrespect at the sign, and not at the soldiers. I understand her reasoning and I understand why people are offended as well.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This whole situation and story is kind of a joke.

Oh lordy! A teenager acting out in rebellion...disgracing something older people feel should be worshiped and respected!

People need to relax, as what this girl has done will NEVER affect anything in anyone's lives....EVER.

Anyone hat gets offended needs to take a step back and get back to their own reality. You want to see some controversial pictures, visit 4chan.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I am not a big fan of the mighty US war machine and you can check out the history on my posts.
However this is one time I will say this is wrong all the way, never thought I would say this but here it is to read in all it's glory.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

Not sure what you mean.
I went to your 4chan link and ended up in the "sexy beautiful women" category.
The rest just didn't apply.

1353452966961.jpg
Oh my; blushing Rrredassroses.
L8ter.

edit on 21-11-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Then again, she has the right to voice her opinion.

What's worse is I don't think she was expressing any opinion whatsoever. She wasn't thinking at all. She was just trying to do something funny and - A. It wasn't funny. B. She's THIRTY YEARS OLD! We might expect this type of childish behavior from a young teen, but not a grown adult.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
You may not agree with war, but that doesn't give you the right to flip-off a dead soldier.

I don't like McDonald's, but that doesn't mean I go out and desecrate the graves of former burger-flippers.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

ah feck off i could it and i am in my 50's ffs

its a fecking joke, get over it!

Jeez

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
She is in the wrong thinking that people would not be disrespected by that and thinking it wasn't stupid

And at the same time, everyone else is wrong for being disrespected and thinking it was stupid.

One big clusterf---- of immaturity is all I see here. Business as usual in the good ol' USA

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
She is in the wrong thinking that people would not be disrespected by that and thinking it wasn't stupid

And at the same time, everyone else is wrong for being disrespected and thinking it was stupid.

One big clusterf---- of immaturity is all I see here. Business as usual in the good ol' USA

Far too often, people use the EXCUSE of 'free-speech' to be disrespectful to others.

Ethics, morals and other good-will traits are being trampled on by people who spit in your face and say it is an expression of their freedom.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
What is more offensive to me is that she's a douche with extremely poor judgement, and works a job that involves teaching the DISABLED to live independently. THAT screams all kinds of wrong to me.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Im against war and everything but thats just disrespectful .

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
"To err is human" - Err: To make an error or a mistake.

The origin of this quote is from either

Benjamin Franklin put it like this...
"To err is human, to repent divine, to persist devilish."

or

Franklin P. Adams said...
"To err is human; to forgive, infrequent."

Most sights give credit to Alexander Pope though. He was an English poet in the eighteenth century who was known mainly for him translation of Homer. He is the 3rd most frequently quoted writer in the English language.

Remember all those judging her that everybodys a bit of a c**t sometimes,

Look at oneself`s misdeamenors before judging......

edit on 21-11-2012 by dr treg because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by meremortal
reply to post by jiggerj

ah feck off i could it and i am in my 50's ffs

its a fecking joke, get over it!

Jeez

Right. The problem is, it's not funny! Meaning, it wasn't humorous. Did you chuckle? Did anyone?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I never understood why people rebel simply for the sake of rebellion like the girl in the picture is doing. Such a ridiculous concept. If you're going to rebel, have a good reason for it.
edit on 21-11-2012 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
That's her right. It's a display of her character (or lack thereof), not yours. The knee-jerk reaction to anything relating to the military is amazing.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by davcwebb

I can understand being upset about war...any war and not liking it; but to go to a tomb which honors the men and women who have perished in war; saying hateful words and using hateful body language; is really offensive.

Talk about "Freedom of speech" all you want...but this young woman ; I believe... took it too far.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I think, actually it looks like she is doing it to the sign not the monument. Wow really sucks to be her today. she should have photo shopped out the monument behind her then it would be mildly funny . I think this is a major over reaction to what I would have to say is a joke gone wrong. It is pretty obvious she was making fun of the sign not the monument
example... If you were to take a photo of yourself standing behind a sign that said no trespassing beyond this point are you having a laugh at the sign or what is behind the sign?
edit on 21-11-2012 by Uberdavo because: bah

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Although this was terribly done, I think what she's trying to show here is not disrespect for the soldiers but instead she's trying to defy the sign.

In other words. Our soldiers are dying for no good reason we can see. So it's time to speak up and tell TPTB what we think!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Shouldn't have gone to war. Shouldn't have enlisted. Should have refused to go blow up people on the other side of the world going about their daily lives. Shouldn't serve the petrodollar and US imperialists.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well, I get what she's doing... who hasn't taken a picture (or thought about it) next to a sign doing the opposite of what the sign is telling you to do? Poor form in this case, though...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join