It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Picture of Girl Flipping Off Unknown Soldier Tomb Goes Viral

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
so this was on the news! ffs they will promote any old story to get our minds off Gaza!

this is trivial #e!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by davcwebb

We all have the right to our expression and our beliefs. No matter how stupid they are. But this is just tacky on so many levels. I no longer support the war, in fact I've pretty much gone over to the belief that most wars we fought we shouldn't have taken part in.

And even though I may not support the war, I will always support our troops. Not because they're fighting a war I don't believe in, but because they're fighting a war THEY believe in and are risking their lives in fighting for it.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

She is an idiot to say the least.
Low and behold, the photo was taken while operating on a work related trip, where she supervises learning disabled adults.

Her being fired is the sole right of the company, as it happened during company time on the company dime.

She has the right to freedom of speech and to flip them off, but I find it funny that her supposed reasoning for doing so was the time old "Damn the Man" action, yet she is hiding behind a sign, instead of doing so to the Tomb's Guards.
A coward doing what cowards do, trying to be defiant from the safety of somewhere out of reach or site.

edit on 21-11-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I'm not entirely offended, more disappointed.

Sure we have our problems with the fact the government sent those people over to fight,
but the people themselves do not deserve that type of disrespect..

Also she should realize that had they not fought, she wouldn't have been able to give that finger on that day..

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Being a combat veteran this picture angers me to no end. However; I am glad that for the tim being people can still exprese themselves wether stupidly or intelligently and not face criminal punishment for it. I am sure by now she understands she was crapping on the resting place of the very soles who gave her the right to do what she did. She is going to be facing scrutiny for some time over this and rightly so.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Sorry, it may be in poor taste and alot of people may not like what she did. But this is like flag burning which includes the right to burn the flag.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

i don't see what the uproar is about.

1) she's not facing the tomb or directly flipping off the "unknown soldier" tomb.. she's facing the camera.

2) she is simply mocking the sign doing the opposite of what it says. I'm sure she was pretending to yell loudly..

3) this is America & she has the Freedom to speak/express herself. She could have burned a flag in front protesting war & got less attention.

once the masses start to show behavior like this..sheep policing the sheep.. it's one step closer to draconian laws.

and btw, my family name is on a few memorials.. so do not get the idea I have no vested interest in this..

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
sure its disrespectful but it was just a joke if you can't tell...the picture is of her doing the opposite of wht the sign is telling her to do,i doubt its because she wants to disrespect the dead.
geez ppl blowing this story out of proportion me says ._.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

What a C*** she is to do this to anyone's grave!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by davcwebb
This girl's name is LINDSAY STONE. This is a picture of her disgracing an Unknown Soldier's Tomb at Arlington Cemetary:

This is what happens when you don't raise your children to have respect. Many children today are self entitled, spoiled rotten brats. They don't understand anything but their ipods, computers, cell phones, and a quick fast food meal. They want it all and they want it now. Her parents and her education failed her, and this is why she is ignorant and arrogant.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

She's not looking directly at the sign, and flipping it off, she is looking toward the ground. Either way, when you are in a cemetery, is that the way one should behave?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Just a stupid girl trying to make a stupid joke- she's lost her job, lets not make her pathetic actions important by getting hot and bothered about it.

Shes just lucky she lives in a part of the world where she can do that and not get stoned to death........

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
when you hang your ass in the breeze, knowing the potential blowback that exists on social networking sites. you you've No right to complain while you're dragged through the town square getting it spanked in public ?
?

hell, you 'put it there' for ALL to See ... in the first place
:shk:

people's kids!?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
also in that pic it doesn't look like shes flipping off anyones grave/tomb.just the sign posted up in front of the cemetary.
seriously guys use some deductive reasoning and some common sense.
if the sign said no standing on grass and no loitering,she probably would have been loitering in the grass.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Is this her too? www.linkedin.com...

It's interesting to see how many people are appalled by her flicking a finger at a board, ya'll must really be going through the roof when you see tombs disgraced with graffiti or broken to pieces by real idiots.
edit on 21-11-2012 by UFCG2012AFHS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The reaction to this smallest-non-event is incredible.

Remember :

"Every 5 second a children younger than 10 die of hunger.
Every 4 minutes someone becomes blind due to lack of vitamin A.
In 2006, 854 million people were severely malnourished."
(Taken from a book by a former United Nations Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food)

And nobody cares.
edit on 21-11-2012 by Ketsa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

oh yeah, he got arrested...but it was still funny as hell!

second line

edit on 11/21/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Woah..Joke or not that is just plain right stupid, out of all the things and signs that you can do, why pick this one, of the men and women who died fighting for our freedom and freedom of others, so fkin disrespectful it just disgusts me. That's something that you can never take back.. very ignorant, how do you go from taking a pic smoking beside a no smoking sign to that?? really, it just disgusts me and I can't imagine what the veterans think, after losing friends and family..

RIP to the true hero's.

lest we forget.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
once again, facebook has gotten someone else fired.

you want to stop unemployment, ban facebook from the internet.

disrespecting the dead is wrong, whether its a soldier or not.

she's just a symptom of american society in general.

the good thing is leave the national debt to kids like this. they'll roll it up in a ball and throw it in the trash can.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
In the middle east Ms. Stone would get stoned for that.
All deceased soldiers, known and unknown deserve some respect whether they knew betta (the mission) or not.
What I don't understand is.....why are they under constant armed military guard?
Are the bones of the unknowns of ET origin?
More valuable than the 'known' variety; gonna be dug up

Never understood that one.
Maybe she 'did' know him and killed a relative or few?
Please explain the 'armed guards' part.
I'd rather they be helping folks in need such as NY, NJ at the present rather than just standing around; marching around a bunch of bones of the unknowns.

What if the bones were of 'enemy', other side origin?

Would the soldiers be reassigned?
Respect, yes, common sense, no?
I was always told I 'thought' too much; asked too many questions.

But, uh'm what do y'all think?
edit on 21-11-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join