It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Picture of Girl Flipping Off Unknown Soldier Tomb Goes Viral

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

yes i did chuckle,its a fricken joke, she is shouting, it says silence! its called irony!

get over it! there is more important issues going on at the moment do you not think!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samtzurr

Originally posted by grayghost

It is more about the dead and lost soldiers, like MIA or POWs. This world has gone to the sh__er. It seems all the younger people have lost their common morality and dignity. I bet if they were drafted they would have more respect and compassion. I see so many young people ready to fight and kill innocent people. It's almost like they like being a bad ass. But, if they had to serve in the armed forces and really get an understanding of a real fight and combat - I really believe it would change the outlook on life.

Is there more honor in being a killed or lost soldier? I don't see how. No matter the title the soldier bears (s)he is still applying force injudiciously, relying on just about the oldest way life has of changing others' minds - that is, by destroying the mind. At least those who absolutely oppose war and violence attempt to change minds in ways that don't infringe upon others' ability to make up their minds for themselves. Imagine if anti-war protestors employed the same tactics that soldiers used!

I have to disagree with you on that. Most people that oppose the government, the in general military and our soldiers (not going to get into the just/unjust of wars debat here) however do not want people to think for themselves. If you do not agree then your a murder, racist etc. and yes they DO try to infringe upon you their beliefs, instead of letting people make up their on minds and conclusions.That is the major problem with the world in general, groups (insert your group here) DO NOT want you to think about anything, they want you to only have thier opinions on things nothing else. Most groups across the world are that way, as are most people. No one is tought how to do critical thinking or problem solving. the tactics most groups use is litigation and laws threaten lawsuits, and laws that effect everyones civil liberties.

Grim

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
My husband is a Vietnam veteran who lost many friends. His opinion of this :
"It was really a childish, stupid thing to do, but not worth losing her job over."
I agree with him. There are none of us who have never done anything childish and stupid,
and yes, disrespectful. A true, heartfelt apology should be all that we expect from her.
What she did was bad, but not bad enough to lose her job. Come on. When did we become
a nation of whiners? I'm sure the soldiers to whom that tomb pays tribute wouldn't agree with
the people who say "fire her". They had more substance than that!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
This incident, and the reaction it provoked, is an absolutely perfect example of how utterly screwed-up our society is.
The stupid, tasteless, cruel "joke" the girl is playing is looked at by many people as 'humor' or 'sarcasm', so she gets a pass. That's wrong, imo.

The other side of the coin:
The stupid girl in question should now be marked for life and made a media freak because of one idiotic mistake in judgement. That's also wrong, imo

The girl should be rebuked, given some instructions on respect, and then forgiven.

I did some insanely stupid things when I was a teenager. They seemed funny at the time.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Was she dumb for doing what she did ? Yes!

Should she lose her job and have her life ruined? No.

We have all done or said stupid ass things in our lives that if were put on the internet for the world to look at and inspect might provoke as similar reaction to what this girl is getting. Theres a very fine line between funny and insulting and sometime you cross over it and have to take a step back, this girl was unfortunate enough to not realized she had crossed the line before she committed her act to the internet.

I think there's a mob mentality going on here , people like to be cruel and if they feel justified they tend to be very cruel. Its real school yard stuff. Theres so much real evil going on in the World today that needs dealing with instead of the media or internets focusing on one stupid act from an insignificant person.

edit on 22-11-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Why is everyone so bothered what someone else has done that in noway effects there lifes, have you really got nothing better to do with your time. its pathetic when you think about it. wind your necks in and move on.
edit on 22-11-2012 by kamatty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I don't know if this woman should be fired or not... she needs to be punished in some way, but not have her life ruined. IMO it's all a sickening display of mob mentality, but on the internet. You get enough of the rabble rattling the cages and now all this happens.

I'm sort of worried about the reach facebook now has. I shouldn't have to fear for my job over what I post on the internet.. what if it gets to the point where you criticize the government or something, and your boss sees it and thinks that you're some kind of anti-authority person and decides to take it out on you. It could lead to harassment or worse. I guess I just hate facebook in general

im tired of the total lack of privacy in todays world. Privacy is officially dead, really. Until we take this country back from the criminals
edit on 22-11-2012 by JustToSatisfyYou because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2012 by JustToSatisfyYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Put her in a bottle of urine, and place her in the MET and call it 'art.'

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Losing her job! Vilified by millions?! It's a plaque on a piece of stone for goodness sake. A few letters on a signpost. Some squiggly lines on a level surface! Where's the victim?!?!?

Some of you need to reign in your identifications/imagination a tad

edit on 22-11-2012 by RogerT3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kamatty
Why is everyone so bothered what someone else has done that in noway effects there lifes, have you really got nothing better to do with your time. its pathetic when you think about it. wind your necks in and move on.
edit on 22-11-2012 by kamatty because: (no reason given)

Because she is disrespecting the lost souls of people that did and still do effect our life's, I am sure that the soldiers that gave there life for this country had better stuff to do then to give up there's early so we can live in a free society where ignorant people like her can do the stupid things she is doing, and in that note did she have nothing better to do then to disrespect not only the dead but our military? You say its pathetic for people being outraged over this but YOU think about it, what if it was your father or mother or sister or brother that gave up there soul in a war and you saw this picture. She is a disgrace to this country. Freedom of speech and blah blah blah, remember who is dieing for you to have that right, it for damn sure isn't that woman. Should she loss her job, not if she worked at a subway but she doesn't she works with disabled people including veterans, and if i was a vet and saw what she thought of my fallen comrades best believe i would not want her around me.
I'm glad to read that she did get fired. Mad respect to all our fallen hero's and our living ones! Lindsay Stone is the pathetic one not us for defending our true hero's. 30 years old and you called what she did a mistake, HA! i know 6 year old's that know better then to do something that stupid. She can kick rocks.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
Well this kind of backfired in her face......love when that happens

I don't wish ill will upon people as you seem to do, but yeah, it did backfire in her face, as anyone with a bit of common sense could have predicted, so, apparently, she has no real common sense.

I don't want to give her too much of a hard time. Believe it or not, I get the feeling that she meant it to be silly and funny, rather than immature and disrespectful.... Her logic was just beyond flawed.

I am not so sure she deserves all of this attention just for being a moron. I think after all the anger she has received, she will have likely learned her lesson and will never do something like this again.

Maybe I am in an optimistic mood, but I say, yeah, what she did was stupid, rude and immature....At this point though, let's cut her a bit of a break, shall we? I think she has the point that what she did was not funny or welcome in the slightest.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Peace and love

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
truly a Muley Quim

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Should she lose her job and have her life ruined? No.

Yes .. she SHOULD lose her job.
As it turns out, she was in Arlington Cemetary as PART OF HER JOB.
Nonprofit Worker Fired After Photo Scandal at Arlington National Cemetary
If she had been there on vacation or something .. then that would be different.
As it was .. she was there officially with her place of employment.
So she did this WHILE ON THE JOB. She deserves to be fired.

edit on 11/22/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Obviously it was stupid but it shouldn't be a life altering moment.. My brother has 26 years and still serving.. His comment was "dumb bi*&h", but doesn't think it warrants this backlash.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Its a little ridiculous what offends people. They are offended by someone who doesnt agree with their nazi ideas, or is a rebel?

Is she hitting, raping, murdering, enslaving, running corrupt banking, realstate and government schemes to fleece and enslave ordinary people?

I don't consider anyone venting words in a private non violent way against stone or a non living human being or creature, to be criminal.

Nor should it mar her whole life and career.

I do hope people wake up.

I personally do NOT hold remembrance day as sacred. You know why? I don't believe in anyone going to war to support the corrupt Hybrid Psychopaths running this world and killing babies. The majority murdered are civilians and children rank very high.

Now a day held in remembrance of the horrors of war and the hero's who refused to fight or be drafted and all the innocents killed. That would be something I would honor.

I feel sorry for all the soldiers, especially young ones, who volunteer or are drafted just after high school, who go to war and perish. And their families.

But they should never have gone.

If no one fought it would be over.
edit on 22-11-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by meremortal
reply to post by jiggerj

yes i did chuckle,its a fricken joke, she is shouting, it says silence! its called irony!

get over it! there is more important issues going on at the moment do you not think!

It's a joke, right
, then why didn't she go to a library and do this? Library's have quiet signs. But no this little B chose to disrespect a national land mark. No, she got exactly what's coming to her.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Who has not taken the p**s out of their employer or workplace? There arent many exceptions. The internet has become a lynchmob with an eternal memory, The internet has deteriorated from an academic to a seriously ill individual. Censoring rather similar to telling off a small child for naughtiness should now occur. People`s lives are being ruined by internet temptation.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
If this girl being a little joker is what you concern your ever-dwindling conscious life with, then you need to think long and hard about what the f*** reality is and get over things. Sticks and stones may crush your bones but words will only hurt you if YOU make those words hurt you. What she did hurts NOBODY. If your backside gets torn a new hole just because of a hand gesture then you ought to get your priorities in order because you might die in five seconds and this life is not worth letting harmless BS rustle your hedges.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
What twaddle. Clearly joking about the sign and not the soldiers. Even if she were being offensive who cares? People on Facebook act like r tards both those posting pictures they didn't think through and people getting offended.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Not sure what's fugglier, that shirt she's wearing or all that flubber underneath.

Oh yea, and she's an idiot. I may choose to remain silent while others parade the soldiers coming home, but damned this is far, far too low.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join