It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Picture of Girl Flipping Off Unknown Soldier Tomb Goes Viral

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Nothing more than irony.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
This is the perfect news story to help set a pretext for taking away free speech.

Once you take away some free speech, then its a slippery slope from there.

People say those soldiers died so she could have a right to free speech right... well then taking away her free speech means they died for nothing - now that's offensive.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrnotobc
If all you dumb bunnys want to complain about something, how about our government murdering people everyday around the world. After that you can complain about this dumb girl.

THIS ^^

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Speckle

Yes, yes it is.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Who cares? This is a non-issue. What some random citizen does in their spare time.........

Half the responses in this thread are just fueled by wanting to feel more American and superior to others. Just look at all the comments about liberals in this thread. Get over yourselves.
edit on 22-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Thats so ignorant of her! She should've thought about the consiquences. And she should remember who gave her that right to do what she did. Hopefully she relized that, especialy after she remebers the fact that everyone els has the right to their oppinions about her. :/

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Is the photo offensive? Yes

Was it disrespectful? Absolutely.

Should she be fired from her job? No

Should her life be turned upside down? No

Fact is, she is young. Show me one young person who has never done something carelessly, foolish and stupid without giving any real thought to the consequences, implications or ramifications of their actions. Show me just one.

What she did was disrespectful and stupid, but that is part of growing up. I am sure she knows better now. Even looking at the picture, I don't get any idea that she was doing this to disrespect soldiers. It appears to me that she was just trying to be funny, albeit in very poor taste and not in the least bit funny, but this is something kids do.
edit on 22-11-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Thats the kind of crap that gets you the wire brush and dettol treatment here in Glasgow! Bury the Muppet alive. See he how she likes it!!!!
edit on 22-11-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
She's flipping off and shouting at the sign, not the tomb and as such it's an amusing photo.

But then let's not allow comedic irony get in the way of peoples desperate desire to be "offended" so they have an excuse hate someone. Burn the witch... burn her!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I'm a 101 % true Christian, and I can tell you she's right!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Could care less if she whipped it out and urinated all over the place, maybe for the love of god it didn't have anything to do with the "soldiers there" and was making fun of the establishment (groundskeeper) telling her what to do through a sign? I know its a huge freakin stretch since ya know she not actually standing on a grave giving the finger yet standing in front of a sign?

I've taken many pictures similar to this and that is exactly what I was doing in my photos , flipping off the signs telling me wtf I can and can't do(none at a cemetery though lol) . IM not saying that's what she did or is doing, but it could have been. As any kind of picture can be taken out of context.

I still could really care less, if she lives here its her right to not agree or even show any of these men and women one inch of respect, you can go on and on about how we wouldn't have what we have if it wasn't for these men/and women, the only war that can be said for is the war for independence. The rest of the wars are all for greed and money makers, making the same families rich for hundreds of years now. And being orchestrated by the banking families and war cartels from these war producing nations.

Take for instance Afghanistan /Iraq and 9/11, we pretty much know damn well by now our government at least knew about "something". And if not the 150 thousand people that made money on the open stock trade in put options did! Was that a just war? Would we still have the very same freedoms we did before 9/11, yup in fact we would have even more freedoms. Last time I checked it was our own government taking away freedoms after 9/11, so why should I respect that $%%^&!!! and some moron killing kids in another country in a war I know we set up to stop the oil price from going from us dollars to the Euro. Weapons of mass destruction my ass. So how many of these just "unjust" wars have gone on and where do we draw the line of respect and for what wars, sorry I don't support mercenaries (how rothchilds made the family fortune) and that's exactly what our army has turned into, mercenaries for higher, and not for much money either.

You go to war because you (foolishly) believe you are going to make something right or at least make a change or difference. if you sign up for war for pats on that back, respect, medals, money or any numerous things other than the first stated, you joined for the wrong reasons. These men supposedly went to war to protect this woman's very action, whether you like it or not, if you don't like it MOVE BACK TO NAZI GERMANY! (sarc lol)

the only lesson to be learned here , dont use cia book, it will screw you in the end.

edit on 22-11-2012 by ~widowmaker~ because: damn bunnies

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by infowarrior9970

bump

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I agree with some points made earlier that she was making a joke of the sign and didn't think. Being that this is viral and she lost her job already, I think she's gotten enough "response".

My punishment of choice would have been that she guard a grave for a day or something.
Or forced to sign up for service! (kidding)

Question, though... If this was so close to the Tomb, where was the guard on duty and what was he doing during all of this? She must have had it taken pretty quickly, because typical antics will net a response such as the following:

edit on 22-11-2012 by Sek82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Look usually I'd be the first to bump the motion of "freedom of speech" (if you really consider a photo speech), but as far as I'm concerned, this is a blatant show of disrespect, and she deserves everything that has happened.

As you make you bed, you must lie in it!

Considering the fact that she works in an assistant living home where a majority of the elderly would have either a.) fought in war, or b.) known someone close who has, she doesn't deserve to work there!

Wars in the last 20 years aside, lest we forget the fact that millions of men (even woman/young and old) from around the world were forced to participate in the armed forces, so many lives were lost and forgotten, and this monument adheres to that fact! From allies to enemies.

Regardless of your political stance, its obvious what this woman is doing is purely offensive... and of course will stir a lot of emotions.
edit on 22-11-2012 by llBll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by badnickname
So if you support people going off to kill innocent people all over the world, you are a good patriotic american and deserve a right to a job. If not, you can die hungry, basicaly?

Oh brother.
Did you even read my post?
1 - Freedom of speech. She can say what she wants.
2 - My opinion - she's a spoiled fat witch who doesn't appreciate the sacrifice of others.
3 - Those at the tomb of the unknown soldier are those who were brave and self sacrificing so that we can enjoy our freedoms today.
4 - You wrongly paint American soldiers as a bunch mindless assassins purposely killing innocent people which simply is not true. (John Kerry would be proud of you.
) And you ignore the fact that American soldiers have brought freedom to ourselves and to others.

You seem more spoiled to me than that girl, no offense.

(edited comment .... It's Thanksgiving so I'll be nice)

edit on 11/22/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by davcwebb
This girl's name is LINDSAY STONE. This is a picture of her disgracing an Unknown Soldier's Tomb at Arlington Cemetary:

She put this picture on her Facebook page thinking it was a joke. It's gone viral and now she in a heap of you know what (deservingly so). She's just about lost her job and her Dad is out front confronting the media.

This was an outrage. Regardless if you're anti-war or not, this is just wrong!

Video

Rebuttle Article

edit on 11/21/12 by davcwebb because: (no reason given)

Why is this posted in political ideology?, you stated yourself she did it as a "Joke".
Why is this posted at all, it's nothing more than car crash voyeurism of a womans idiocy and the subsequent belittling of her stupidity by people willing to blow it out of proportion.
Fantastic indictment of the current state of humanity.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Lest we be retarded.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Yes it was disrespectful, thoughtless, and really just an overdone lame joke. It certainly shouldn't have taken her job away. It's ironic that people are claiming this woman is disrespecting the people that gave her freedom to do that, but what is freedom anyway?The power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint, by definition. She's being punished for this, she's allowed to make a joke in this country right? Allowed to speak her mind, though I don't think there is much disrespect here for soldiers, I see it as disrespect for authority and a SIGN. No offense to anyone, but in my opinion that soldier is gone(if that's even who she directed it at), it's the living that's making such a fuss. Who knows, maybe that soldier had a sense of humor and laughed when she did that(if he was like I don't know a ghost). The fat comments are just as disgusting as her "disrespect"..but you're allowed to say that because she tossed the ball first right? WRONG. There are so many things wrong with this thread I don't even know where to begin. It really puts a lot into perspective for me about some of the people in America.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

Well,she should have known better.Maybe this will teach her and her witless peers that there are more important things in life than what color nail polish Paris Hilton wears.Its not like she's going to starve from losing her job,she has parents-and this will teach her that actions have consequences.Maybe this will make a few other young people sit up+take note of that as well.I dont feel sorry for her-just one more shallow uninformed uncaring moronic nitwit.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

There's a difference between free speech and callous disrespect.I am appalled by war too-but im not going to demonstrate it by flipping off the dead sons and brothers and fathers being thanked and commemorated here-she should be flipping off the ones who's agendas CAUSE the war,IF SHE REALLY WANTED TO MAKE A POINT.No excuse for being a such an asshole,not even stupidity! She has a job? That means she can read and comprehend some basic concepts-she Knew where she was,she's was just being "Too Cool to Give a F***" like so many young people today.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join