It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russell Brand Interviews Westboro Church Members

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Comedy ensues!

Of course when you get 2 very opposite points of view, like Brand's and the Westboro Baptist Church, expect sparks to fly. I think Brand does an excellent job of keeping the show light and free from too much hate and vitriol, while allowing the church members to state their case.

Many members here on ATS will agree with some of the things that the church members profess, many will side with Russell Brand. Feel free to leave your comments here!

Enjoy.

Steve Drain (the one wearing the charming PriestsRapeBoys.com T-shirt) and Timothy Phelps (most likely of the notorious Phelps klan) gifted Brand with a large placard bearing [the words "Fag Pimp"] and then the three got to talking about the Church’s favorite topic: gay sex.
After claiming that Madonna, Mahatma Gandhi and “definitely” Tom Hanks are going to hell, Drain and Phelps were introduced to three of Russell’s gay pals. It’s like you can see the clenching of Phelps and Drain’s rectums just from their faces. Then when Brand tries to cozy up to them, well…there were less awkward embraces between gay 90s sitcom characters.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 21-11-2012 by windword because: spelling

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

This is no wonder to believers in the Truth,

Even Satan itself disguises itself as an angel of light,

The Westboro Baptist Church is a cult with no place in the Truth and Grace of God

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

I'm surprised by your response. Did you watch the video? I expected you to be one to side with some of the church members beliefs.

They're actually pretty well behaved in this appearance.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

No I didn't watch the video, however I'm familiar with the WBC "beliefs and doctrines",

Picketing dead soldiers funerals and grieving people who are already grieving more than they were to begin with is not something Christ would do or Christ advocates for His followers,

We are supposed to be a light shining to men, not a dark spot of embarrassment and hate

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I just watched the first three minutes of the video...

I had to turn it off,

It was embarrassing to see how warped their views are and how absolutely far off they are from the Truth,

Loving people has nothing to do with warning them they are going to "burn in hell for eternity",

Loving people has everything to do with not judging people and no matter what there religion, race or creed is helping them and doing anything for them that you would do for your own children,

They have, unfortunately, twisted Scripture into a perverted concoction of warped deviation unimaginable to a True Follower....

I apologize for this.

God bless

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Laughing out Loud!

That was so funny and sad all at once

SS

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Not a fan of Russell's but this was well done.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I saw this monday.
And it sparked the whole debate in my mind of the Bible saying Do Not Judge....

And while judging isn't restricted in the Bible. There are specific circumstances where you should not judge.

And I think that WBC is the wrong to be judging others the way that they do.

Doing it for their glory and not Gods. And that's just wrong.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I'm not a fan of his either, I find him rather crass. But given the opportunity to see Westboro Baptist members on any comedian's "hot seat" was too compelling for me not to click on!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

The response to the funny accent comment was hysterical.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Why did that even happen ?

Anyway, I suppose I could point out somethings about these guys that according to the Bible they are slapping everyone else with, they themselves are in violation of.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Man.... that was funny.
This is the way to deal with these disgusting, vile idiots.... shame them and show how outdated and stupid their views and opinions are.

If anyone agrees with the WBC and thinks like they do... know this.... you are the minority and your views are disgusting.

edit on 21/11/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

So if you cant do anything without the power of god then why is god making them have gay sex
fools

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I wonder how many WBC members belong to the white supremacy groups. They seem to be very compatible to me. Very ignorant and quick to judge.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Not a fan of Russell's but this was well done.

Ditto.

I think you must have made it in life for the WBC to make you your own special poster. Lucky guy.

I've also made it my ambition to go to see one of their pickets, I think that would be a good laugh...but obviously not a funeral or anything like that. I wonder if they do ordinary, everyday pickets? I wonder if they would even let me join in for a while, maybe get some pics with them and Fred?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Knobby

Here's their "tour dates"

www.godhatesfags.com...

Seems to be Kansas only, no UK dates.... shame

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
WBC are judgmental and hateful in their actions... and worse, they call it "love".

They look nothing like Christ to me.

I was pleasantly surprised by Russel Brand though. He acted like a true instrument of grace here.
edit on 11/21/2012 by DarkKnight21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by Knobby

Here's their "tour dates"

www.godhatesfags.com...

Seems to be Kansas only, no UK dates.... shame

I'm pretty sure Fred, the head of the WBC is banned from the UK.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Knobby

Yep, him and his daughter are both banned... possibly other family members too, not sure.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
LOL I had no idea Russell Brand had his own talk show, I must watch more of this

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join