It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

omg anyone else put off doing their dishes?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
Put on some energizing music you like. For me, my dishwashing CD is the 3 Mustaphas 3 Shopping. I can listen to that and wash dishes happily for a good hour.

I once put off washing dishes so long, that one evening I was reduced to eating my supper with measuring spoons. I was never so bad after that.

Been there done that! I remember eating my dinner out of a casserole dish with wooden spoon once.

I've come to quite enjoy washing up since then, though
Never thought I'd hear myself say that. Sickening!

But there's nothing quite like a lovely sparkly clean kitchen and an empty sink..and that feeling of achievement you get when you finish doing the dishes
It's just the getting started part that's the hardest.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Uhm...

I.. have this machine, you know?

Where you put the dishes inside, right after dinner/lunch/whatever, and as soon as it is quite full, I fill in some magic powder, push 3 buttons and let it do its work for about 2.5 hrs.

Really, guys and lads, where is the problem? Maybe even buy a new dishwasher, so it will really clean off the dirt. Nevertheless, I hated doing dishes while being on the university, and now I LOVE that thing. It is so easy. It is so fast. I nearly love it to place the dishes back in their cupboards, because they are clean and nice again.

Buy a dishwasher.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Tell me about it. I've been able to some last night but you know....meh.
Last week I started doing it then needed to leave. I had some serious procrastinating scheduled. Came back home didn't even think about it. Couple of days later I came back and the water had some sort of skin on it. Dish water skin....now that's kinda disgusting.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I loaded the small dish washer this morning. I still have a couple dishes left but they can wait till we use the clean dishes in the washer. Its my method to the madness. My son could help out a little more too. My garbage is taken out and the litter scooped which is most important.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Me.

I'm gonna do them today though.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Stop being lazy and do your dishes..I can't believe you're complaining about something so simple. Five year old kids and do their dishes, fetch water, cook, walk miles barefoot, herd their goats/cows and do their homework under candle light, and you complain?

Greed: An excessive desire to acquire or possess more than what one needs or deserves, especially with respect to material wealth.

CX

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Stick a timer on, see how fast you can do them.

Once clear, do then after each meal....tends to be less to do that way.

CX.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

But you do need extra money

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Get a dishwasher,
NO you don't need to soak or rinse them first, its all in the detergent, get good detergent and you can put days old dishes in with dried crusty stuff on them and they will come out sparkly clean.

Leave the big frying pans and such to soak overnight in some soapy water, by the morning its a piece of cake to clean.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

My current sink is so small I cannot put dishwashing off more than two meals...if that.
The thing is just a tad bigger than a bathroom sink. Make some soup and the thing is filled!

But upon building my house next year (if plans don't go awry) I plan on having a industrial sized sink installed.

Or at least have the dual sink thing going on.
edit on 21-11-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by KatieVA

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
Put on some energizing music you like. For me, my dishwashing CD is the 3 Mustaphas 3 Shopping. I can listen to that and wash dishes happily for a good hour.

I once put off washing dishes so long, that one evening I was reduced to eating my supper with measuring spoons. I was never so bad after that.

Been there done that! I remember eating my dinner out of a casserole dish with wooden spoon once.

I've come to quite enjoy washing up since then, though
Never thought I'd hear myself say that. Sickening!

But there's nothing quite like a lovely sparkly clean kitchen and an empty sink..and that feeling of achievement you get when you finish doing the dishes
It's just the getting started part that's the hardest.

Years after that measuring spoon incident, I lived in an apartment with a dishwasher, but I only used it as a drainer. Don't ask me why...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I hate doing the dishes

Maybe you're an indigo child?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I've got a true story that should help all of you procrastinators feel a lot better about your situation. Remember, I said TRUE story.

Had a friend years ago... no one in the family liked doing dishes (or much of any other cleaning for that matter) and her mother worked at a pottery factory. About once a week originally, when all of the dishes had piled up, instead of doing them, mom would just bring new ones home from work. After a time they could go 10 days before they ran out of dishes... then it was 2 weeks, etc. Needless to say, after years of this solution, when they had let their pile of dishes accumulate, it was a task that would be daunting to an entire cleaning crew.

Moral of the story... best to just suck it up and get it done or, the other solutions presented earlier in the thread. Disposable dishes or no dishes because of no cooking.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join