It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you make of these synchronicities?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I have been collecting information about modern objects that have counterparts in the past. I have been collecting samples of "the purse" that shows up in many ancient cultures but as yet has not been definitively explained. I would like to hear from others who have found these "purses" in ancient and modern contexts.

Below are pictures of ancient gods carrying what looks like a purse. They are found across many ancient civilizations, including the Sumerians, Etruscans, and Mayans:

2.bp.blogspot.com...
2.bp.blogspot.com...
4.bp.blogspot.com...
4.bp.blogspot.com...

According to some historians, this container may have safeguarded what the Sumerians called the "me". "In Sumerian mythology, a me is one of the decrees of the gods foundational to those social institutions, religious practices, technologies, behaviors, mores, and human conditions that make civilization, as the Sumerians understood it. They are fundamental to the Sumerian understanding of the relationship between humanity and the gods" (Wikipedia - me).

Below are things that resemble the Sumerian "purses" but are carved on monoliths at Gobleki Tepe, circa 12,000 B.C.E.:

3.bp.blogspot.com...

Below is a video clip of how DNA information is currently being stored in the Swiss Alps (called the 'Fort Knox' of the Alps):

www.youtube.com...

There is an ancient conundrum that has not yet been definitively deciphered, called the "Sator Square." One translation of the Sator Square is: "The sower holds the works and wheels by means of a purse."

Below is a modern portable ultrasound device:

1.bp.blogspot.com...
3.bp.blogspot.com...

What do you make of these synchronicities?

edit on 21-11-2012 by alumnathe because spelling matters

edit on 21-11-2012 by alumnathe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
First of all S&F because I have never heard of the 'purse' and I thought I knew most of these things.
Whilst all links seem to show the same thing the first link looks to me more like a weapon [but that is irrelevant].

I don't think it is an ultrasonic device, because there are many things that can look exactly like it [from make up boxes and handbags, to children's toys and then some].
However it is still strange and seems to be 'out of place' somehow.
I can never agree with official explanations that go for the lazy answer and call it 'something to do with godly worship', because I think the ancients were not nearly as stupid and predictable as some may think.

So thanks for highlighting this. I will google and find out more. Very interesting.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
The best source for gaining an understanding of the Near Eastern understanding of what was involved with this basket is from Jiroft as many examples have been found in context of grave goods, which i looked at here;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is mention in Sumerian texts of the 'Holy Basket' in connection with the 'Holy Brick' in the context of preparing the construction of ziggurats, representative of the world mountain.

The Holy Basket was probably understood to hold the Holy Brick, and again there was the tradition of the Holy Birthing Brick, so whether establishing the foundations of a world mountain or a race of people the brick represented the principle of line upon line, precept upon precept, establishment.

At Jiroft the basket always has cosmological symbolism, the arc of the handle is the arc of the sky that the sun travels between rising points, with astrological constellation representations generally seen at either end, a solar eagle will often be seen, as will also an undulating serpent representing the passage of transition.

edit on 21-11-2012 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Thank you for more information than I have found myself over the past six years. This is just one example of synchronicities I have found, though I hold no beliefs about them beyond what might be conjectured by Jung. This one has been especially exciting because I keep finding more samples, and what they all hold in common is that they are unexplained, or designated as religious (for no better explanation). With all the samples of this and other examples of apparent synchronicities I have wondered if indeed our future is actually our past, in some way. It is fanciful but fun to catalog!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Since I didn't know what was the meaning of "purse", looking at those pictures I thought they were women's handbags

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

These are ENCHANTING and I haven't seen them until now. THANK YOU. What I have seen in relation to these "purses" is the theme of the entwined snakes, which also have modern counterparts, often in conjunction with a lion chimera, an artifact older than the Sumerians and Gobekli Tepi (found in the Swiss Alps), and an image from Zoroastrianism, and also has a modern counterpart in the model of a time machine being constructed with govt. funds by a physicist at University of Connecticut, Ron Mallett:

www.crystalinks.com...

robertarood.files.wordpress.com...

www.phys.uconn.edu...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bers81
Since I didn't know what was the meaning of "purse", looking at those pictures I thought they were women's handbags

I didn't start calling them "purses" until I found the possible decipherment of the Sator Square. It just became easier to call them that because they looked that way!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Maybe the purse was some sort of battery. Something that would power their glowing eyes

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by alumnathe

Thanks i found them enchanting also, especially given they represent portals of the horizon through time and space, life and death. I looked at the Sumerian tradition before the Iranian, which was going the long way around as the Iranian is easier to see and understand.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Like i said the arc handle represents the arc of the sky that the sun traverses daily, but that is particuarly enchanting when the Milky Way is aligned with the point of rising and setting.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Looks like you could iron clothes with some of those things

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
cool thread OP. the bags with serpent symbols may indicate medicine or healing. perhaps they were ancient first aid kits of some sort. medicine or anything capable of healing the wounded would be extremely important and would seem to merit being carved in stone in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

It's really not so far off to consider this. It would have much easier to invent a battery than anything else with the materials available. However, why would it be necessary to depict these "batteries" in the hands of the "gods" if they were so easy to construct at the time?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

This picture of the Milky Way, where is this from, or is it an artist's enhancement?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Now the only thing is to answer why they are found the same in cultures that supposedly had no contact - the Sumerians and the Mayans, for example, depicted them the same.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I believe these "purses" are in actuality, buckets which hold the water(or blood) of life. The Sumerians had a specific name for them which escapes me at the moment.

You will find that only gods have these in their hand. No commoner is depicted with one.

There is a thread on ATS started by Mblahnikluver about this very item. I'll see if I can find it...

ETA: OK. Found it.
Need help identifying...
Post in thread...
Proto-Sumerian Origin...
External Source
edit on 11/21/2012 by Klassified because: ETA

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by alumnathe
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Now the only thing is to answer why they are found the same in cultures that supposedly had no contact - the Sumerians and the Mayans, for example, depicted them the same.

that's the million dollar question for several things isn't it. i have a few theories on that, 1- the ancient civilizations traded and traveled the world more than archeologists as yet know, 2- if they did travel and trade in such a broad area where is the evidence to show this type of travel, ships, boats fleets, etc., that's another good question.

perhaps civilization is far older then first thought, maybe going back up to a million years ago with perhaps inter continental trade being the norm 20,30, even 100 k years ago and these images were handed down from generation to generation.

alien interaction would be a possibility, if one subscribes to the concept, which i think is plausible given, even our minute, understanding of the galaxy and it's size.

one thing seems for sure though and that is our current model of history is a complete farce and it's a damn shame it's taught in schools, criminal really.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Energy can be stored in rocks just as information can. Rocks are made of crystals. They are more like capacitors than batteries though, unless they had some way of modifying them that has deteriorated over time or which the technology was ignored when they found these things. A simple copper wire would oxidize almost completely and be non-recognizable after a couple thousand years.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Could they be a bagdad battery? In many of the pics I have seen they are touching the tree of life.
On some of the 'jars' that have been found which contain Sodium Chlorite they have the symbol of the Tree of Life. From my limited understanding, Sodium Chlorite would make a perfect solution for the bagdad battery.
What if the tree of life was really the tree of 'light'.
To me the tree of life looks like a schematic for light bulbs. (I have 3 adult children and an x husband that are all electricians).
I have also wondered if the outfit they are wearing could be some kind of a vandergraf generator?
Instead of slaying the darkness (Seti = sun setting) maybe they were just turning on the light.
I actually created a blog about it, but its just tooo silly to share.
Also, if you have a chance google Jim Humble and Sodium Chlorite. I think there could be a connection btw the sodium chlorite and the "water of life".
Just my silly 2 cents

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The Egyptians are always depicted carrying the ankh, the symbol of life. I wonder if there is any connection there.

Interesting subject.

EDIT: Note the common theme - there are always two creatures depicted on them.
edit on 11/21/2012 by subjectzero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Did you just happen to notice these collective observations or did you learn of them?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join