Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Thousands of desperate Israelis go to bed hungry every night...here is the proof:

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Every nation has some form of poverty.

Israel is the 16th richest nation on earth. Israel receives 1/3 of all US foreign aid.

I'm not shedding any tears. Maybe the IDF should stop bombing red cross buildings and, instead, ask for help.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Hamas doesn't want peace. It uses Palestinians as human shields and it steals the aid money that comes in. Without Hamas, the Palestinians would enjoy a much better lifestyle, and they wouldn't have Israeli rockets being fired down upon them in retaliation for Hamas rockets ...

thankyou. I have been saying that for a long time now and have started to feel like I was on an Island.

bless you

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
Maybe the IDF should stop bombing red cross buildings and, instead, ask for help.

Maybe HAMAS should stop using Red Cross buildings to fire Iranian rockets from and, instead, use the money they spent on the rockets to actually help the Red Cross to help Palestinians.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
How much did/is that wall costing to build?

If $864 will sponsor a Food Shopping Card for a family for a year how many of these cards could that wall have paid for?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Another perpetrator of propaganda. It was the Israeli govt. who negotiated with Hamas to have them put in power.

Terror, terror, terror, terror, terror. Here we go again. Israel is going to “root out Palestinian terror” – which it has been claiming to do, unsuccessfully, for 64 years – while Hamas, the latest in “Palestine’s” morbid militias, announces that Israel has “opened the gates of hell” by murdering its military leader, Ahmed al-Jabari.
Hezbollah several times announced that Israel had “opened the gates of hell” for attacking Lebanon. Yasser Arafat, who was a super-terrorist, then a super-statesman – after capitulating on the White House lawn – and then became a super-terrorist again when he realised he’d been conned by Camp David; he, too waffled on about the “gates of hell” in 1982.

And we journos are writing like performing bears, repeating all the clichés we’ve used for the past 40 years. The killing of Mr Jabari was a “targeted attack”, it was a “surgical air strike” – like the Israeli “surgical air strikes” which killed almost 17,000 civilians in Lebanon in 1982, the 1,200 Lebanese, most of them civilians, in 2006, or the 1,300 Palestinians, most of them civilians, in Gaza in 2008-9, or the pregnant woman and the baby who were killed by the “surgical air strikes” in Gaza last week – and the 11 civilians killed in one Gaza house yesterday. At least Hamas, with their Godzilla rockets, don’t claim anything “surgical” about them. They are meant to murder Israelis – any Israelis, man woman or child. As, in truth, are the Israeli attacks on Gaza. But don’t say that or you’ll be an anti-Semitic Nazi; almost as evil, wicked, unspeakable, devilish and murderous as the Hamas movement with which – again, please don’t mention this – Israel happily negotiated in the Eighties when they encouraged this bunch of mobsters to take power in Gaza and thus decapitate the exiled super-terrorist Arafat. The new exchange rate in Gaza for Palestinian and Israeli deaths has reached 16:1. It will rise, of course. The exchange rate in 2008-9 was 100:1.
And we are myth-making too. The last Israeli war in Gaza was such a stunning success – “rooting out terror”, of course – that their supposedly élite units couldn’t even find their own captured soldier Gilad Shalit, eventually produced last year by Mr Jabari in person.

Mr Jabari was the “No 1 shadowy leader” of Hamas, according to the Associated Press. But how on earth can he be shadowy when we know his date of birth, family details, his years of imprisonment by Israel during which he changed allegiance from Fatah to Hamas? So while I’m on it, those years of Israeli imprisonment didn’t exactly convert Mr Jabari to pacifism, did they? Well, no tears then; he was a man who lived by the sword and died by the sword, a fate which, of course, will not afflict Israel’s warriors of the air as they kill civilians in Gaza.

Washington supports Israel’s “right to defend itself” then claims a spurious neutrality – as if Israel’s bombs on Gaza didn’t come from the United States as assuredly as the Fajr-5 rockets come from Iran.

Meanwhile, the pitiful William Hague holds Hamas “principally responsible” for the latest war. But there is no such evidence that this is true. According to The Atlantic Monthly, the Israeli killing of a “mentally unfit” Palestinian who strayed towards the border may have been the start of the latest war. Others suspect the killing of a small Palestinian boy may have been the provocation. But he was shot dead by the Israelis when an armed Palestinian group tried to cross the frontier and was confronted by Israeli tanks. In which case Palestinian gunmen – albeit not Hamas – may have kicked-off the whole shooting-match.

But is there nothing to stop this nonsense, this garbage war? Hundreds of rockets fall on Israel. True. Thousands of acres of land are stolen from Arabs by Israel –for Jews and Jews only – on the West Bank. There isn’t even enough land left there now for a Palestinian state.

Delete the last two sentences, please. There are only good guys and bad guys in this outrageous conflict in which the Israelis claim to be the good guys to the applause of Western countries (who then wonder why a lot of Muslims don’t like Westerners very much).

The problem, oddly, is that Israel’s actions in the West Bank and its siege of Gaza are bringing closer the very event which Israeli trumpets it fears every day: that Israel faces destruction......

The Independent 19 November 2012

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Hi, this is wiki info.

According to Israel's Central Bureau of Statistics, the Arab population in 2010 was estimated at 1,573,000, representing 20.4% of the country's population.[4] The majority of these identify themselves as Arab or Palestinian by nationality and Israeli by citizenship.[5][6][7] Many have family ties to Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, as well as to Palestinian refugees in Jordan, Syria, and Lebanon. Negev Bedouins tend to identify more as Israelis than other Arab citizens of Israel.[8]

en.wikipedia.org...

ok so popn is 20.4% of the popn.

ok so this one is in pdf format and it states 53% of the Arab popn living in Israel are living in pov so that is just over half.
brookdale.jdc.org.il...

the off the top of my head 1% was data I had read specific to Tel Aviv popn ... so 1% endemic to that City.
edit on 21/11/2012 by Thurisaz because: clarify

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

www.forbes.com...

1.5 billion each year, while our debt continues to sky rocket.
Poverty and hungry children are sad, but we already give them loads of money and have no control what they spend it on. Maybe convince them to quit buying military hardware and feed the hungry.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
In Nazi Germany they needed Lebensraum and occupied land and put what they thought was an inferior race of humanity in Ghettos.

In Israel the victims of that atrocity did the same to another people and are upset that the people in the Ghetto refuse to die off and stay in the ghetto.

How fast people can forget what it is like to be on the other side. God must weep at seeing how far the Jews have fallen from grace. Poor souls.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

You're getting there - so over 50% of Israel's poor are Arabs.

That would mean that the remaining circa 850,000 deemed poor (according to your source) who are Jews make up roughly 11% of the Jewish population.

Keep going - there is light at the end of the research tunnel.

But I really do believe that you are missing the major point in the posters' responses - there is poverty in Israel just as there is poverty (at much greater levels in most cases) in the rest of the world than there is in Israel.

edit on 21-11-2012 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
Another perpetrator of propaganda.

Get over yourself.

Basic facts ... Hamas uses Palestinian human shields and shoots hundreds of rockets at Israel while hiding behind those shields. Then Israel protects itself and fires back. Then Hamas whines that Israel kills Palestinians when in fact it is Hamas that steals aid money from the Palestinians and it's Hamas that uses the Palestinians as human shields .. THEY are the ones killing Palestinians.

That's the truth of the matter.

The Palestinians would be MUCH better off without Hamas. I wonder if they have sued Arafats estate yet .. to get back all those billions of $$ in aid money that Arafat stole from them. :shk: I feel bad for the Palestinians. They are being used by their own ... used and discarded as nothing more than fodder for some posers to gain power and to gain stolen money.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

No...

Take your time and read it again. Half of the 20 % of the Arab popn living in the State of Israel are living below the poverty line and that equates to about 700K

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

And I feel bad for Israeli's who are being used by their own. Who have money, that they don't necessarily have, ring fenced for the military. Who are not having cash spent on much needed infrastructure projects. Who are encouraged to hate. Who live on stolen land. Who are encouraged to elect leaders who will perpetuate the dispute.

Can you see a pattern here at all? Did you even read the article I posted?

There are many vested interests in maintaining the status quo out there - without conflict many individuals lose status and power.

Anyhoo.....this thread is about Israel's poor - not the Palestinians.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Your op states that 1.7 million Israeli's are living in poverty - your 'research post' records that 53% of those living in poverty are Arabs. I used approximate figures ('circa') and worked my figure out on a ratio of 50/50 of Israel's poor. My figure 'circa 11%' of Israeli's poor are Jewish is a generous overestimation.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

According to official sources 22%, ha! complete BS! ...I'd say at least 60 percent live in those conditions, while the middle and upper class consist of of the other 40%. I guess it all depends on how they would describe poverty..

Do you know what the minimum wage is? $47pm!!!!!!!!!!! with the average wage anywhere from $400-$850. And the best part about it, the living expenses are comparable to New York!
edit on 21-11-2012 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Just thought I'd inform contributors to this thread that the op has decided they don't really care about Israel's poor any more and has started a new thread on how difficult s/he finds it to do the dishes LINK

Of course they never took their own posts seriously. Pathetically frivolous .

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

A decent provision for the poor is the true test of civilization.
~Samuel Johnson

If this is the measurement; no nation on earth is civil.

There it is there.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

what is your deal. The OP can't have other interests? You have to delve into the OP´s life here on ATS to prove your non point?

Some people don't come here to push a particular agenda or view. They say their peace and move on. OTHER people take a stance and mindlessly advocate it out of some rabid sense of frustration. Like that other guy who he decided to oust 3 friends of his because they were Jews and has since made one thread after another about dribble against Jews.

You people need to get laid.

Just because the OP doesn't act like some mindless drone with issues doesn't mean they don't hold them true. They just don't make their entire lives and identity about their beliefs on a particular subject. Unlike OTHER people, that can't allow human nature to teach them a thing or two about a thing or two.

Get over it. Israel is the US´s ally. We are the best military on earth and what we say goes. TOUGH ISHT.
You don't like it? Then move, but the rest of the world is like that in a nut shell. In a couple decades it will be someone else calling the shots and you will have to deal with that.

In the mean time, why don't you live your life and work on yourself instead of trying to save the world by pissing people off one at a time.

edit on 21-11-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

In Pictures - Gaza/Israel Conflict

And it's 'piece' not 'peace' - if only.
edit on 21-11-2012 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I don't care if you show me a mutilated puppy.

And thank you spelling Nazi. Thats your lame come back, a spelling oversight, and pictures of crap I won't even click on. I have seen that. Welcome to warfare.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

No it's not puppies - it's people in Gaza and Israel TODAY - but you don't care and that's fine. Nor did the op actually care about the content of any of the posts in this thread - and that's sad. There is a jokes forum and imo the op should have set up shop there.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join