It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOA harassment- This should stop them - VICTORY!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Short story, My HOA has been harassing me for nearly ONE full year.. we have been through two lawyers, numerous letters and community meetings....I even called the sheriffs office several times to file a personal complaint.. still nothing.. HOA have been stalking my website and trolling, posting letters at community mailboxes, and even starting a legal fund by raising homeowners annual dues to "shut me down"

My "crime?" having chickens in my backyard in a RURAL community.. (the hick board members are also running businesses out of their homes.. one even has a chicken business and website! stated so at a recorded meeting with their lawyer present!

So, since noting is being done to stop these jerks.. (after all you CANT fix stupid so says the local District Attorney I spoke with yesterday)

Further, HOA has filed two FALSE state claims against me with the state of Texas
(Environmental Quality (case closed) and State Taxes criminal division)

In desperation!!!! I filed a claim on the commercial and liability policy for the HOA.. Each HOA MUST carry liability insurance... so by filing a claim against the company this could cause the HOA lots of trouble, higher rates or even their insurance cancelled. Plus, their insurance company will have to investigate the harassment and discrimination charges (there are many other businesses operating openly in our community)

Further, if their commercial insurance policy is cancelled by insurance company, That will make EACH board member personally liable for liable and harassment! I will file claims on their personal homeowners insurance liability policy... it covers not only someone that slips and falls and gets injured.. BUT there is also a personal damages rider attached to each homeowners policy!!! YEAH!

On every lawsuit only attorneys make $$$ and that can drag out for years... OUCH getting them in the insurance policy should HURT.....(I am a retired insurance agent)

Remember.. IF YOU ARE BEING HARASSED... call your homeowners insurance and find out how to make claims on your board members commercial or personal insurance policy!!!

Wish me luck! Any words of wisdom or advice is greatly appreciated...????

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Why would you live in an HOA to begin with? I mean before moving in you had to have read the crazy rules and regs right? Should have thrown up red flags then at that point in time. Yes I hate HOA I think their for silly people that want to control everything and should be banned.
Sorry can't offer you anything other than that.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I agree with the above poster. Why on earth would you move into any area that has an HOA? There are no bigger nazis anywhere than those running HOAs. Sell and move as soon as you can. Until them, best of luck bankrupting them.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Well you knew what you were getting into a HOA when you bought your place.

My word of advice is if you ever move somewhere else, make sure there's no HOA.

Have fun with all the legal mumbo jumbo.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
HOA's now are backed by large management companies. Fighting them is hell. I just got a letter from mine stating that my year long ban has been extended for another year, all cause I told them to stop going in my window and taking pictures. I can stop paying dues and they put a lean, sell my property for a loss, or hire expensive lawyers. It's a wonder these things are still even legal in this country.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

I understand the need for a HOA if your a doctor, airline pilot, trucker or someone who works odd hours. You'd want to be assured that your property is being taken care of.

But HOA's nowadays have gone the way of Stalin. I can't stand them.

My advice would be to move to a non-HOA residence.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I concur with the above posters, in that it is far better to avoid H.O.A. all together by researching whether a home and property is included in one. I wish state governments would pass laws severely limiting H.O.A. Misery loves company as the saying goes, and the control freaks managing them won't stop until everyone is as miserable as they are.

It's gotten to the point that some H.O.A. are essentially run like a quasi Jonestown. Is the location of your house and property worth going through extended legal battles? Even if you abandon your chickens, they will find other things to complain and fine you about. I would try to move asap.

This is merely for entertainment, but there is a hoa on the opposite end of my county that has become so restrictive that pretty much everyone in it has left minus the leadership. Having any animal as a pet is banned. That includes everything including goldfish, cats, dogs, ect. With everyone run out of the region, the control freaks no longer have anyone to fine. With no one to complain to, they have taken to calling the cops so much about trivial things like seeing a stray dog, the sherrif department had to issue a new policy dealing with them. They now arrest people from the area making nonsensical 911 calls.
edit on 21-11-2012 by grownshow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Here's the deal: they are going to dump on you and win, big time. When Bush was governor they changed some laws in Texas giving HOAs all the power. Moreover, if you are caught wasting everyone's time with frivolous claims you can have an injunction put against you so you couldn't file more. even if they are legitimate.
I am not a lawyer, but know enough about HOAs in Texas to not want to be associated with them
If you want to get back at them you have a few options: sell and move, or elect yourself to the board. if you and the other anti-HOA people get elected simply change the rules.
if you have somekind of website you can ban IP addresses or redirect them to a dummy page.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluestar.ranch
Short story, My HOA has been harassing me for nearly ONE full year.. we have been through two lawyers, numerous letters and community meetings....I even called the sheriffs office several times to file a personal complaint.. still nothing.. HOA have been stalking my website and trolling, posting letters at community mailboxes, and even starting a legal fund by raising homeowners annual dues to "shut me down"

My "crime?" having chickens in my backyard in a RURAL community.. (the hick board members are also running businesses out of their homes.. one even has a chicken business and website! stated so at a recorded meeting with their lawyer present!

So, since noting is being done to stop these jerks.. (after all you CANT fix stupid so says the local District Attorney I spoke with yesterday)

Further, HOA has filed two FALSE state claims against me with the state of Texas
(Environmental Quality (case closed) and State Taxes criminal division)

In desperation!!!! I filed a claim on the commercial and liability policy for the HOA.. Each HOA MUST carry liability insurance... so by filing a claim against the company this could cause the HOA lots of trouble, higher rates or even their insurance cancelled. Plus, their insurance company will have to investigate the harassment and discrimination charges (there are many other businesses operating openly in our community)

Further, if their commercial insurance policy is cancelled by insurance company, That will make EACH board member personally liable for liable and harassment! I will file claims on their personal homeowners insurance liability policy... it covers not only someone that slips and falls and gets injured.. BUT there is also a personal damages rider attached to each homeowners policy!!! YEAH!

On every lawsuit only attorneys make $$$ and that can drag out for years... OUCH getting them in the insurance policy should HURT.....(I am a retired insurance agent)

Remember.. IF YOU ARE BEING HARASSED... call your homeowners insurance and find out how to make claims on your board members commercial or personal insurance policy!!!

Wish me luck! Any words of wisdom or advice is greatly appreciated...????

Here is my latest update on this saga, I feel its time that All homeowners abused by HOA begin to speak out

the HOA CHANGED THE RULES its legal for them to do that!

www.bluestar-ranch.com...

Did you know that Homeowner Association make their own rules and change them as they go along?​

Did you know that there are NO RULES governing the powers nor limiting the lawsuits you can be assaulted with based on a "whim" of someone that does not like you?

Did you know that HOA's can foreclose on your home for a minor infraction?

vimeo.com...

At this point after 8 years of harassment and the loss of my home and business I'm standing up to do my part to make people AWARE of the rights that they are giving up in living in an HOA neighborhood.

link   
a reply to: DarthMuerte

Did you know that there are NO RULES governing the powers nor limiting the lawsuits you can be assaulted with based on a "whim" of someone that does not like you?

vimeo.com...

At this point after 8 years of harassment and the loss of my home and business I'm standing up to do my part to make people AWARE of the rights that they are giving up in living in an HOA neighborhood.

link   
a reply to: wingsfan

vimeo.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGlassDoor

vimeo.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel

What steps can YOU take if your HOA is harassing you without cause or oversteps the bounds of what is considered reasonable? When all of your reasonable efforts have failed in trying to work with your HOA to solve your problems and the HOA abuse gets out of control consider doing the following:

Contact the Attorney General in your State and file your grievance
Post job ads for social media experts on Monster & Indeed or other job boards. Do not underestimate the power of Social Media! Pay a few dollars to teenagers with computers will get you lots of postings!
Link to HOA rights groups Do not be afraid to speak out! Tell the TRUTH
Post your story on Facebook & Yahoo/Google Groups forums
Seek legal advise. Its out there you just have to look for it.
The ONE thing HOA's do not want to be is visible to the public. Bring your HOA to the light and tell everyone on your Facebook, Twitter and other social media what your HOA is up to. What has your HOA done to you? Post videos and slide shows about HOA abuse and the unfair things that they are doing to you. Be sure to state "in my opinion" when speaking or writing about your individual case to avoid slander/liable charges. So tell what they have done to you and your fellow neighbors. Let it be known on social media that your HOA's are unfair and need to be controlled with regulations and rules. Join the sweeping movement!
​Until you are abused by your HOA you won't do anything. One day your family may receive a "letter in the mail" from your HOA. That's when your legal nightmares begin. You'll to do something then.
Start taking steps NOW

join