It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple patent new device!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

That's a lot different to rounded corners. I see someone is an Apple fan....

Did you look how Samsung copied the Apple design. I don't really care either way. I don't own an iPhone but I own other Apple products and I own some that are not, but, singling them out in patent wars just makes you look really foolish...
edit on 22-11-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

That's a lot different to rounded corners. I see someone is an Apple fan....

Did you look how Samsung copied the Apple design. I don't really care either way. I don't own an iPhone but I own other Apple products and I own some that are not, but, singling them out in patent wars just makes you look really foolish...
edit on 22-11-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

Singling them out in patent wars? Have you seen the headlines recently? They're after everyone. They want to own the market but they can't, and they won't. Whether samsung copied them is subjective, I don't think they did, it's a very basic design. Even if they did, Apple took it way too far, fueled by greed. Samsung don't need to copy Apple to sell their products anyway.

The only thing they have a shot at owning is the iPod market, Android is more popular that IOS and is increasing in popularity. You just have to look at the pricetags to see Apple only care about money.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I'm glad Samsung is there to tuck your family in at night.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheKeyMaster
It sounds backwards but the patent process actually helps innovation.. because if these companies weren't rewarded for their ideas and hard work developing products then people would have no incentive to bother.

Personally I think not bothering would be a positive.

Too much garbage made simply to make profit from you, and too many people going without the basics for life, let alone a shiny piece of electronic garbage we have done fine without for a very long time. They are just more ways to distract you, while you work your ass off to make someone else wealthy.

The economy is set up for those who can afford to demand, not those that need.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Your take is different.. I appreciate that. Could you elaborate on how you imagine things working in a world without patents? Sometimes it's difficult to see things exactly like someone else.. you may have a vision that isn't obvious to me.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheKeyMaster
Your take is different.. I appreciate that. Could you elaborate on how you imagine things working in a world without patents? Sometimes it's difficult to see things exactly like someone else.. you may have a vision that isn't obvious to me.

All information available to all, all the time. No exclusions.

If we put all that effort into improving our world, instead of improving the bank accounts of a minority class, life could be better for everyone, not just those who can afford it. Industry should be used to produce what people need, not what a few people think they want because they have the means to demand.

But of course for that to work we need an economy that is not based on private property and profit making.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I'm glad you're using humour has a last resort to show you don't have a point.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

I don't think you had a point to begin with. According to you Apple is greedy after making a patent to try and stop Samsung from outright copying their designs (Which is evident from the graphic I posted) but Samsung is not greedy in any way, because you feel that way...

Apple must be the only greedy corporation in the world. I shall mark my notes...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

I wonder how open source projects work? I will check that out to see ow successful it is. The problem is how do we ever move to try that type of system? The risk is immense...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I don't think you had a point to begin with. According to you Apple is greedy after making a patent to try and stop Samsung from outright copying their designs (Which is evident from the graphic I posted) but Samsung is not greedy in any way, because you feel that way...

Apple must be the only greedy corporation in the world. I shall mark my notes...

I didn't say samsung wasn't greedy, in fact I haven't said anything good or bad about samsung. Apple are the greediest company around, suing people for stupid patents like rounded corners and overpricing their mediocre products. It's funny how you're the only one that's been defending a company non-stop yet you're trying to make it look like I'm the fanboy.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

I didn't say samsung wasn't greedy, in fact I haven't said anything good or bad about samsung.

You said you buy their products. You are bashing one company for being greedy, claiming it halts innovation, yet you fail to acknowledge everyone else in the industry.

Apple are the greediest company around, suing people for stupid patents like rounded corners and overpricing their mediocre products.

Why is Apple the greediest? How about any tech company that outsources to China? What about Samsung, whose executive that inherited the company tried to legally shaft their own family members out of the inheritance, or what about him bribing the Korean government, tax evasion or anything else he is connected to. But alas, he isn't greedy nor did Samsung copy anything...

Really look at the picture below and tell me it's just a coincidence:

(By denying the purpose of the rectangle patent you are justifying Samsung's actions. So you don't have to say it word for word.)

I don't really care about the antics of these companies on a personal level.

But you use words like "hate" because Apple made a patent to try and protect one of its inventions. Which is specifically directed towards a narrow window of products with its ambiguity. Obviously rounded edges with rectangular screens are not automatically forbidden now, the patent was used to try and protect them from very obvious copying attempt.

It's funny how you're the only one that's been defending a company non-stop yet you're trying to make it look like I'm the fanboy.

I wasn't defending Apple. I was trying to bring it into perspective so people don't look at these things so one dimensionally. It's like grade school kids trying to figure out what an adult argument is.

But you win...

Apple patent rectangle. Apple bad. No likey the Apple. Apple makes 10 year olds in China build their iPhones.

-

Either we hold all the companies to the same standard or there's no point even covering the topic. The cross licensing deals failed between Apple and Samsung, which bred into a long-drawn out patent feud. The worst part is the public doesn't really get to see what's going on behind the scenes. But both companies are no better than the next.

It's ironic that the company which actually forced Microsoft to start putting out a better OS (Never happened until Apple started getting actual market share) now gets blamed for hindering innovation in the industry.

I should make a point to, I would never own an iPhone. I am a BB user. Another company that got its hold in the market by innovation (QWERTY keyboard) but since lost it by being stagnant. (Hopefully changing in the new year...)

edit on 23-11-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Oh god, an essay defending Apple. They are greedy, they have stupid patents, they overprice their products. You're not going to convice me otherwise, and if you can't see that they only care about money then you're delusional. A rectangle device with rounded corners is not an invention.
edit on 23-11-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Oh god, an essay defending Apple.

One which you either failed to read or failed to comprehend.

Carry on, I'm sure there is hot new topic in the news for you to enrage yourself over today, as will there be tomorrow.

You could get mad at the fact that Samsung sells $100,000 TVs rebranded as Bang & Olufsen*, or mad that they have higher profit margins on certain products*, or the fact that a 4 year contract for a Samsung Note sets people back nearly $2000 in some places* .

Or maybe you should get mad at Google, for subsidizing the cost of their Nexus products. It seems a little counter intuitive though right? "Why should I get mad at a company taking such a small profit margin?"

Since the hate brewing inside you is for greedy tech companies, maybe you should switch to Google for giving you such rock bottom prices. Being that they give things away for free to make money. *

They actually make more of iOS than they do Android. *

They do it buy selling your information to advertisers.

If they could, they would digitally record every single action of your existence, just so they could sell it to someone. * Big brother doesn't have anything on them. And in all their creepy advertising genius, they create an unfair advantage to the companies that are just centred around selling tech products, rather than your life story.

---

Note: I don't really care about any of them. I don't see any of them out and out "evil" and I don't "hate" any of them either. They are businesses run by business people. Are they greedy? Sure... All play into their own advantages they have created in their company's rise to the position they are in.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I'll just leave this here.

www.forbes.com...

I don't really care about any of this, I don't have any particular brand loyalty, I have a lenovo laptop, a windows pc, a samsung phone and an apple ipod. I buy what I think is the best in that particular function, I like my laptop because it's indestructible and has a particular type of screen which is rare among more modern laptops, I use windows on my pc because gnu/linux is too complex and ios is too simplistic, I like some level of customisability. I also refuse to ever buy a mac because I don't want to be unable to upgrade individual components of my computer. I use a galaxy s3 because it suits my needs, it is better for me than an iphone as I like the setup of it, similarly I use an apple ipod because it is exceptionally good at its job.

Anyway, with my absolute neutrality declared as best I can - I'd love to see an Apple fanboy defend that particular patent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join