It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama’s ‘Constituency Groups’ Checklist Offers No Options for Whites or Men

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Source

“Which constituency groups do you identify yourself with? Select all that apply.” It then lists 22 groups.

But whites and men are not on the list – women are, as are African Americans, Arab-Americans, Latinos and LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender).

Just goes to show you, if you're white or a male in the United States, it's impossible for you to be discriminated against. We all know that racism only happens to blacks and Hispanics and sexism only happens to women. After all, we need to make sure that a woman has her womanly right to murder her unborn child, but God forbid a man have a say so in absolutely anything that happens in his marriage - let alone his country. What are the statistics now with custody hearing? 90%? rule custody to the mother? It's okay for the black panthers to threaten white voters though right? But God forbid a white person take pride in his race.

Men and white people are not even an option in the President's eyes? I wonder what that says to all you die hard white male Democrats?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I read the link....

Not sure I trust the source. Could not find anything similar....

MG

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
"White males can't be discriminated against so we're just gonna leave them out of the list."
Oh the irony, lol.

On second thought, however, I don't think the thought process is so much that white men can't be victims of discrimination as much as it is that it's unpopular to support the idea of discrimination against whites. White males don't really get to play the victim card, for whatever reason.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Like I care.
As none of those things I am secure in who I am and don't need a support group to make me feel better.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by shelookslikeone

nothing like a fresh dose of divide & conquer from the same man recognized for his "Peace" efforts

If i were a white male who contributed to his campaign, this would offend me greatly knowing many white males assisted and voted for this imbecile.

i cannot believe he actually tweeted this survey ... wtf ??
here are the choices from the survey itself

Which constituency groups do you identify yourself with? [color=amber]Select all that apply.

African Americans
Americans Abroad
Arab-Americans
Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders

Educators
Environmentalists
Healthcare professionals
Jewish Americans
Labor
Latinos
LGBT
Native Americans
People of faith
People with disabilities
Rural Americans
Seniors
Small business owners
Students
Veterans/military families
Women
Young professionals
Youth

i emphasized the "groups of ppl" our POTUS deems American ... which i find rather disturbing as apparently, even as a woman, he doesn't really consider me an American

source - my.barackobama.com...
tweet - twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by shelookslikeone
After all, we need to make sure that a woman has her womanly right to murder her unborn child, but God forbid a man have a say so in absolutely anything that happens in his marriage - let alone his country.....

.....But God forbid a white person take pride in his race.

Though I do appreciate that you brought this to our attention, could you leave abortion and god out of it? I'm not trying to nitpick here, it just turns some people off right away when you divert off into such things. I'm really just trying to help you reform your post to one that will prevent people from straying off from the main topic into ones that don't exactly pertain to it, like abortion and religion.

Anyways, thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283

After all, we need to make sure that a woman has her womanly right to murder her unborn child, but God forbid a man have a say so in absolutely anything that happens in his marriage - let alone his country.....

.....But God forbid a white person take pride in his race.

Though I do appreciate that you brought this to our attention, could you leave abortion and god out of it? I'm not trying to nitpick here, it just turns some people off right away when you divert off into such things. I'm really just trying to help you reform your post to one that will prevent people from straying off from the main topic into ones that don't exactly pertain to it, like abortion and religion.

Anyways, thanks for posting.

I do get your point, and I honestly appreciate it, but when I post an opinion or voice one, it comes out raw. That's what I was feeling at the time of posting this. I'm not going to censor myself (more than I already have to). I know, that sounds, selfish, rude, whatever, but that's just my personality. I honestly don't care what people think about what I say.
edit on 21-11-2012 by shelookslikeone because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
The survey asks if you are male or female.......The title of this thread is WRONG

And if you do no mark off if you are a minority then you go in the white pile. The choices are not even limited to race so I don't get the outrage.

After all, we need to make sure that a woman has her womanly right to murder her unborn child, but God forbid a man have a say so in absolutely anything that happens in his marriage - let alone his country.

Men don't have a say at what happens in their marriage?
In what delusional world? That is entirely his choice if he is a pushover. You seem angry that you cannot control your wife's reproductive organs after choosing to implant sperm in her.

let alone his country.

Last time I checked men had voting rights

What are the statistics now with custody hearing? 90%? rule custody to the mother?

What are you complaining about? The stereotype that women are better caretakers? And that their purpose in life is to take care of kids?

It's okay for the black panthers to threaten white voters though right? But God forbid a white person take pride in his race.

lol, so now you're comparing voter intimidation to racial pride? I don't get it? But go ahead and enjoy taking pride in something that it took you nothing to accomplish and melanin content.

Men and white people are not even an option in the President's eyes? I wonder what that says to all you die hard white male Democrats?

Maybe you should have looked at the actual survey before making the thread.
edit on 21-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

I understand, was just a polite suggestion. I also think I was being a bit picky with the religion aspect because you more just used it as a common phrase, but the abortion bit was a tad harsh and I see it inciting a lot of debate in itself, which would just muck up this thread IMO. But hey, its your thread, do as you please.

Also, I have always felt a bit angered when men and "whites" are discriminated upon. However, the constituents list clearly states "African Americans". That is more a group of people based on decent, not skin color. So in reality you should be upset because it doesn't include: "Irish Americans, European Americans, Scottish Americans, etc.... The Africans Americans can be grouped into a constituent because it is their heritage they are representing, not their skin color. Do you see what I am getting at?

As for men not being included, couldn't agree more.
edit on 21-11-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2012 by Renegade2283 because: clarity/repeated statements

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

Trust me, I knew when I typed the words abortion someone would call me out on it, but I couldn't help myself. The God issue was more of just a common phrase thing, that's why I didn't really address it. I do understand your point though, I was going off in many different direction and I honestly should limit myself from doing that, but like I said, it's just my personality.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

so why not just add... white people?

also, where is males?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Those percentages only apply to the people that answered the census.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

also, where is males?

Oh FFS.

Here.

edit on 21-11-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Yet you have women on the group but not men? I don't understand. Yes you can choose your sex before taking it, but during it the option for women is obviously there yet men are not.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Male in the first screenshot in case you missed it.

The 80% questionnaire is made up of white people. Why do you care so much? Are you that insecure?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

Those percentages only apply to the people that answered the census.

And most Americans answered the census.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

reply to post by khimbar

Yet you have women on the group but not men? I don't understand. Yes you can choose your sex before taking it, but during it the option for women is obviously there yet men are not.

You don't need both. If you don't tick woman you're a man. Simple.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

So women don't identify with men?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

I don't know, I'm not one.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join