It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama signs 70 BILLION DOLLAR pledge to Israel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Reasonable thinking would suggest that the figure isn't 70 Billion.

That amount is equivalent to Russia's total military expenditure, which is ranked third globally... and is almost 5 x Israel's current total military expenditure.

70 Billion for iron dome... meh.

70 million is still 70 million too much though.

Sure it's Wiki, yet the figures are reasonably accurate.

Anyhow, Obama is well known for his bloopers... millions/billions, 50/57 - sheeesh.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
The point is, Israel should be receiving ZERO dollars.

What the hell have they ever done "for Americans" that deserves one goddamn cent?

If anyone can answer that, I'm all ears.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Yes, I see your post now and thank you. I was writing my own when yours was posted.

As for HabiruThorstein
I'm not clinging to anything, merely asking why he would correct himself like he did.

As for the whole pledge I could really give 2 steaming heaps of feces.
Israel can suck a harry toe and the US is giving away more money that it doesn't have while its own people starve to death cause many are jobless and living on food stamp.

What else is news?

Thank you again Patrick for your post. I do not dispute that its $70 Million.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perhaps
reply to post by snapperski

A few things to consider...

This is a pledge only.

The links are dated July 2012.

... and correct if I am wrong, the articles provided clearly states 70 million - not billion.

From your OP

TextObama signs 70 BILLION DOLLAR pledge to Israel and my jaw drops in amazement , but the media only says 70 million, so what about the people of Palestine, or more to the point what about america, were all having our lifes turn upside down for the worse, and Israel gets a nice lump of cash to carry on there oppression.

From links provided

Obama added that the administration has committed an additional $70 million to the Iron Dome program.

US President Barack Obama will release an additional $70m in military aid for Israel

also offers $70 million in funding for Israel’s missile defense system dubbed Iron Dome.

edit on 21-11-2012 by Perhaps because: add

edit on 21-11-2012 by Perhaps because: (no reason given)

NIce way of showing you didn't actually watch the clip in the OP......

Obama in fact rectifies himself, after having said 70 million, to saying clearly without doubt... 70 BILLION...

No wonder this took place during the Olympics. I thought he was sane, but I guess even though he's not a fan of Nuttyyahoo then he is apparently a fan of the other zionists that stand behind the terrorist state of Israel.

Pathetic....

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowLink
Correct me if I'm wrong but, in the video I see he FIRST says 70 million, then corrects himself to 70 billion.
Am I missing something?

He indeed VERY CLEARLY corrects himself FROM million TO billion...

So what is more likely here... that Obama indeed did tell the truth but wasn't supposed to and then the zionist controlled media realised they would have problems defending to the american people why it was necessary to spend that much on Israels weapons systems.... or that it was a case of a measly 70 million?

Why would the man correct himself wrong? Just doesn't make sense....
edit on 21/11/12 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

by AWR Hawkins 13 Apr 2012

Against GOP objections, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has announced that the Obama administration is sending $147 million in funding to the West Bank and Hamas-run Gaza.

Despite a “hold by House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairwoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, R-Fla.,” the administration is arguing the money needs to be sent on humanitarian grounds. They did not, however, explain how they plan to force Hamas to use the money for humanitarian purposes.

And while “administrations generally do not disburse funding over the objections of lawmakers on relevant committees,” those associated with Obama have proven more than willing to sidestep Congress to place American tax-dollars in the hands of their friends throughout the world. It was, after all, just last month that the administration circumvented Congress and gave $1.5 billion in aid to the Muslim Brotherhood-run Egyptian government.

And?

www.nytimes.com...

U.S. to Give $900 Million in Gaza Aid, Officials Say
By HELENE COOPER
Published: February 23, 2009

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration intends to provide some $900 million to help rebuild Gaza after the Israeli incursion that ended last month, administration officials said Monday.

In an early sign of how the administration plans to deal with Hamas, the militant Islamist group that controls Gaza, an official said that the aid would not go to Hamas but that it would be funneled through nongovernmental organizations.

Sooo... he sends both sides money. Looks like Gaza gets more.

ETA: I guess not if he definitively says "billion". Wow. We could sure use that money for NY and NJ and places hit by that hurricane. I know! We will just print more!

edit on 21-11-2012 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice

Originally posted by Perhaps

A few things to consider...

This is a pledge only.

The links are dated July 2012.

... and correct if I am wrong, the articles provided clearly states 70 million - not billion.

From your OP

TextObama signs 70 BILLION DOLLAR pledge to Israel and my jaw drops in amazement , but the media only says 70 million, so what about the people of Palestine, or more to the point what about america, were all having our lifes turn upside down for the worse, and Israel gets a nice lump of cash to carry on there oppression.

From links provided

Obama added that the administration has committed an additional $70 million to the Iron Dome program.

US President Barack Obama will release an additional $70m in military aid for Israel

also offers $70 million in funding for Israel’s missile defense system dubbed Iron Dome.

edit on 21-11-2012 by Perhaps because: add

edit on 21-11-2012 by Perhaps because: (no reason given)

NIce way of showing you didn't actually watch the clip in the OP......

Obama in fact rectifies himself, after having said 70 million, to saying clearly without doubt... 70 BILLION...

No wonder this took place during the Olympics. I thought he was sane, but I guess even though he's not a fan of Nuttyyahoo then he is apparently a fan of the other zionists that stand behind the terrorist state of Israel.

Pathetic....

"NIce way of showing you didn't actually watch the clip in the OP......"

Oh I watched the clip, hence my post 3 above yours.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
oh, billion, million, whatever...
where did they find the money???
couldn't have been the social security fund, that's been raided...
couldn't be new money just printed by the fed, those presses have been on overdrive and aren't keeping up with the rate the fed is giving money to the banking system....

where oh where did they find the money???
who lent them the money??

and the more important question.....
are these kind generous people who lent them the money willing to lend me a little so I can bail out my family!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
My internet went down as soon as i posted this thread.

And my thread title is not wrong or misleading, Obama clearly says 70 million, no 70 billion.

Also he looks tired and worn out in that video clip..

What annoys me is Israel comes begging with cap in hand, but does nothing in return, all Israel does is beg and demands money, like a spoilt teen brat, who stumps her feet when she can't get her own way, starts trouble and then goes crying for backup.

I think its time to let Israel go out in the world alone now, the funding/pocket money needs to stop now.
edit on 21-11-2012 by snapperski because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski
My internet went down as soon as i posted this thread.

And my thread title is not wrong or misleading, Obama clearly says 70 million, no 70 billion.

No, the thread title is: Obama signs 70 BILLION DOLLAR pledge to Israel

Whch he didn't do, he signed one for 70 million, then made a slip of the tongue. Ergo, thread title inaccurate.

It's still $70 million too much IMHO, but infalting the number by 1000x and POSTING IN ALL CAPS won't make your thread title any less inaccurate
edit on 21-11-2012 by HabiruThorstein because: typo

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by HabiruThorstein

No, the thread title is: Obama signs 70 BILLION DOLLAR pledge to Israel Whch he didn'/t do, he signed one for 70 million, then made a slip of the tongue. Ergo, thread title inaccurate.

Are you saying he didn't say 70 billion in the video ?

And i agree the state america is in right now, were in no place to be giving out money for nothing, as you know it's us tax payers money they are spending there, and i wasn't asked if i was ok with this.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski
reply to post by HabiruThorstein

No, the thread title is: Obama signs 70 BILLION DOLLAR pledge to Israel Whch he didn'/t do, he signed one for 70 million, then made a slip of the tongue. Ergo, thread title inaccurate.

Are you saying he didn't say 70 billion in the video ?

And i agree the state america is in right now, were in no place to be giving out money for nothing, as you know it's us tax payers money they are spending there, and i wasn't asked if i was ok with this.

Not at all, I am saying he signed off on a pledge for $70 million. The thread title says he signed one for $70 billion. The fact that either he made a verbal slip or typo in his talking points notes is only that, an error. The aid package was and is $70 million.

HT out! 8>D Have a good one all!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The title is misleading however, we should be supporting the Palestinians if we're going to be throwing money around and we should also be supporting their becoming a recognized State. Atrocities aren't always in the form of bombings and Israel commits atrocities on Palestinians every day.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
That's 2,333,333 jobs at 30K a year. It's pretty evident they could give two #s about the people of the U.S. Take the rest of the money this country gives out to the world and you'll probably have enough for 4 million more 30K salary jobs.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
All foreign aid should stop until our current economic situation is corrected. Period. I mean all of it. Maybe help out in a natural disaster but most aid money gets vacuumed up by the ruling elites and the "average" people never benefit from it.

As far as Israel...it's not like they are poor as church mice...we are not talking about Somalia or some African desert country...they will be just fine without our dollars for a couple of years.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
How dare us Americans complain how our hard earned dollars are utilized by the parasitic system of government that we have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop complaining, open your wallets to tax to the rich, open you wallets to finance the Obamacare taxes and keep paying your taxes like good littler slaves that we are.

Now The next time you hear the parasitic government tell how we ALL need to do sacrifices just remember where your tax payer dollars is going.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Man for a guy who allegedly hates Israel
and doesn't have their back, he sure shows it in weird ways.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Man, if I was an American i would be

I wonder how long until my supreme leader decides to follow along and contribute to the Zionist war machine which also illegally builds settlements on stolen land? That's totally what Canadians stand for too

edit on 11/21/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
OP confirmed for sensationalist lies.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
OP confirmed for sensationalist lies.

Even if it's "only" 70 million $, it's still more than they deserve.

I'm not even American and US financial support of Israel frightens me. Wake up and look at the bigger picture people.

Shame on US citizens who support their tax dollars being sent to Israel. I have the right to comment on this issue because American actions directly affect me and my country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join