It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is God?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
God is a word in a dictionary utilized to signify man's ignorance.

one can justify it's egos by anything that is in the dictionary it depends on the audiences ! like freedom slogans, Humanism, Democracy, Communism, Capitalism, Fascism, Darwinism and even Justice ....... !! but God has given us Wisdom has not he !!!
edit on 21-11-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by maes2

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
God is a word in a dictionary utilized to signify man's ignorance.

one can justify it's egos by anything that is in the dictionary it depends on the audiences ! like freedom slogans, Humanism, Democracy, Communism, Capitalism, Fascism, Darwinism and even Justice ....... !! but God has given us Wisdom has not he !!!
edit on 21-11-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

Wisdom? With a capital 'W'? Well, no he hasn't. We noticed a faculty within ourselves and gave it a name.

wisdom |ˈwizdəm|
noun
the quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgment; the quality of being wise.
• the soundness of an action or decision with regard to the application of such experience, knowledge, and good judgment: some questioned the wisdom of building the dam so close to an active volcano.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pellian

Oh that's the thing with words, you can define them however you want, can't you? Let me quote again:

The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words. George Orwell made this clear in his novel 1984. deoxy.org...

Control the meaning- control the mind. Oh hey look, I see a forum wull of controlled minds! But the TRUTH is that, when comprehending a word we have to comprehend it according to the way it's defined by the source. This is how it works for abstract concepts. What is "justice"? Oops, guess we'll have to define it. What is "intelligence"? Define it. What is "God"? Define it. Defining our terms is the first and most critical step in rational thinking- a step completely skipped by most of the irrational populace.

For instance, consider the thread "the God Illusion" (a hilarious thread I highly recommend parousing); take note how no one actually gets around to defining what the word "God" actually means in relation to the subject. So the thread is really titled "The 'I don't know what it is' Illusion" and it's completely filled with people talking about "I don't know what it is"- it's very funny. Now then, when you would use the word "God" I would have to ask "What do you mean by this word? Define it." Again, you'll note no one ever does this; because everyone is irrational. But there's hope for you yet(?)

I'll go ahead and talk about the biblical God. Since I'm talking about this specific information source, I'll simply correlate the understanding:

The Word is God (John 1:1). The Word is TRUTH (John 17:17). God is TRUTH. And there you have it; the abstract concept called TRUTH is the biblical God in His "highest" form. The cool thing about the bible is that it is such a large correlary information set, that it thoroughly conveys the concepts it speaks of (even in physical pictures for the completely daft) so that no one can ever actually mess with the understanding, so long as you know the complete information set. So when someone tries to "switch" the definitions on you, you can just laugh and laugh. But if you don't know the complete information set, it's really easy to switch the definitions and by doing so control the mind of the ignorant (that means YOU)

Moreover, the bible correlates that ANYTHING expressing truth is "manifesting God", and any expression of truth is an expression of God. This is why Jesus is called the "express image" of God (Heb 1:3) in that- by expressing ONLY truth, at all times and without variance, he became the manifestation of God to the world; the invisible made visible, as it were. In turn, we sometimes express God, but other times "ignorance" so we are not yet the "express image" of God: though we will be once ignorance is destroyed completely, thereby unable to be further expressed into reality.

Now, as you may have guessed, "Satan" is the expression of "ignorance"; and so whenever you express ignorance you are manifesting "Satan" and if you are just one huge constant expression of ignorance, you would be the "express image" of Satan. In fact, as funny as it actually is, all of the "Satan worshippers" are actually in service of an image that goes DERP DERP DUH! But don't laugh at them just yet, because 99% of you also serve the big DERP DERP DUH! The good news is, ignorance is destroyed by the revelation of truth, and you won't be in this sad state much longer. Truth is coming to liberate your minds from DUH!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by godlover25
reply to post by LittleByLittle

But you must realize evil exists also and will try to pervert the truth of God. All is in God and through Him, however all is not of God...

All is of god from my point of view but part of god is in a sense scissofrenic(or cancerous from duality) and do not understand what it is and do not want to connect to the whole. The part that is ok is trying to heal itself by slowly healing and infusing the parts that are healthy enought back into the oneness by connecting them to the light. Only the part of god that is healthy is divine. I would call them ego parasitic and dualistic since good and evil is to much based on views of duality.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Or you can just make up your own definitions devoid of any information set totally imaginated forth from your own special mind. But when speaking of the biblical God; have to go by the correlary information of the info set. Well, actually, you don't have to, you can also imaginate your own definition of the biblical God and say "This is what my special brain thinks it is!" which is, fantastic for you: but the people who actually know the info set will just laugh at you and say, "Hey, listen to this guy's "definition" of God; isn't he precious"

Oh hey, atheists, in case you haven't quite grasped the obvious yet (again)- yes, this means your minds in relation to the bible are totally under the control of Pat Robertson et al. Nice! Way to be controlled by "Christian evangelicals" (your "enemy"), make sure to kiss the Pope's "fisherman ring" while you're down on your intellectual knees, and say "You caught another fish Papa!"

Isn't it just awful? Trapped in a snare you didn't even know was there. That's what you get for letting others think your thoughts for you.
edit on 21-11-2012 by MrCobb because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

I see ,

What book(s) or revelations have led to you to your doctrines?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
God is Spirit, God is infinite, God is Trine.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

All is in God and through Him, however all is not of God...

So by your logic, your theory is self cancelling to where God does not exist.
Great, so I guess that just leaves you, so you are God . . right?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by pellian

please describe in the best terms you can come up with what God is.

"God" is a term to describe a reality that exists but that we can't describe exactly because we only know what is basically the interface aspect of it. So it means something beyond that instance of interaction, that we have to assume is universal and far flung, and not something that only exists within our own personal experience.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

Let's just say I have a tendency to think a lot and find what people might call "Imaginary" friends in very faraway places
. Doctrine and religion is for me not important anymore if it do not fit my experiances and the information that is found when you follow synchronicity (gods mysterious ways).

edit on 22-11-2012 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join