It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Gun Ban List Is Out!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

I would agree with that as it is extremely difficult to modify an AR-15. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by vor78

I would agree with that as it is extremely difficult to modify an AR-15. Split Infinity

Actually you are wrong again.
You don't see it very often because gun owners do not want to break the law or ruin a expensive rifle. Most barrels are not made for that kind of fire anyway.

People who want a full auto AR buy the tax stamp and buy one LEGALLY.

edit on 24-11-2012 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Just because I have an issue with the relative ease one would have modifying an Assault Rifle does not mean that I want more Gun Laws. I do not.

If there was no possibility for modification I would not have an issue either.

I also find it sad that just because someone has a difference of an opinion or belief from your own that you cannot at the very least agree to disagree. Instead you make comments that such a person must not be educated or informed as in your mind it is not possible that a person could believe differently than you do and make this judgement rationally. LOL!

I work on occasion with members of the U.S. Military and if there is anything known about what the results of a person firing such weapons on full automatic have...I would be that person. They are devastating.

So please try to be a Grown Up as far as how you debate. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

You keep repeating this as if I do not know or as if I have never been to a Gun Show or a Live Fire Demonstration.
PLEASE! Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I would have no issue of a person owning an Assault Rifle it it was IMPOSSIBLE to convert it to being able to fire on Full Auto. Split Infinity

This post shows you lack of education on the matter. Class 3 weapons are fully automatic and all you need is a back ground check and a 200 dollar tax stamp.

But I am sure you will say mods is what I meant and you don't really see criminals or legal gun owners doing that so what is the point. You can get as angry as you want at me I don't care people need to know the law and their rights.

How about just answer this simple question should you be able to legally own a fully automatic weapon in the US?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Wrong in what aspect? It is not easy to modify an AR-15. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

In order to get the stamp a person must go through an in depth check. In some states it is relatively easy to purchase an AK and then modify it. The person who gets a stamp I have no issue with nor do I have issue with a person who gets this stamp owning an Automatic Weapon.

As I have said...the primary issue is a flood of Chinese Imported AK's. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Double please remove

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

In order to get the stamp a person must go through an in depth check. In some states it is relatively easy to purchase an AK and then modify it. The person who gets a stamp I have no issue with nor do I have issue with a person who gets this stamp owning an Automatic Weapon.

As I have said...the primary issue is a flood of Chinese Imported AK's. Split Infinity

Good enough for me.
I was confused by your post thanks for clearing it up.

I am for legal gun ownership in all it forms. If it is against the law I am 1000% against it.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Actually it's not. It would ruin the value of the gun and make you a criminal all at the same time. The AR-M16 was never really meant for full auto. It was a meant for burst.

The AK on the other hand is meant for sustained full auto.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

Actually it's not. It would ruin the value of the gun and make you a criminal all at the same time. The AR-M16 was never really meant for full auto. It was a meant for burst.

Yes...I am aware of the barrel issues. Still this does not deter some. As I keep saying...it is the AK's that are the problem. It is the weapon of choice for Gang Warfare as well as Drug Lords. Coupled with armor piercing ammo this weapon is devastating to Law Enforcement. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

Yes...I am aware of the barrel issues. Still this does not deter some. As I keep saying...it is the AK's that are the problem. It is the weapon of choice for Gang Warfare as well as Drug Lords. Coupled with armor piercing ammo this weapon is devastating to Law Enforcement. Split Infinity

I agree with ya and if you are a using a gun for a crime you should have the book thrown at you. Fully auto weapons is a good discussion because most people don't even know that you can legally own one.

You rarely here about crimes using them because they are very expensive and hard to get. Criminals for the most part use cheap semi-auto weapons.

Also you can not legally own armor piercing rounds. The green tip .556 you see around everywhere today are not armor piercing.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Your average every day criminal will not own an Automatic AK...it is the GANGS and the DRUG CARTELS which are a Multi-Billion dollar Distribution and Sales Force in the United States so prevalent that they occupy every aspect of American Life.

It is your Local Dealer who has Money and is most likely to own such weapons. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Your average every day criminal will not own an Automatic AK...it is the GANGS and the DRUG CARTELS which are a Multi-Billion dollar Distribution and Sales Force in the United States so prevalent that they occupy every aspect of American Life.

It is your Local Dealer who has Money and is most likely to own such weapons. Split Infinity

I think we kinda think along the same lines. You love legal gun ownership and hate criminals. Maybe I am wrong but your posts tell me that.

I think the police should have whatever it takes to take on these bad guys as long as it does not infringe on the 2nd amendment. If you give up freedom for security you will get neither.

The progressives use this tactic to try and get us to give up our guns all in the name of safety. Who wants guns in the bad guys hands? Only bad guys.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I hate the idea of others trying to tell us what is best for us. A perfect example of this is making Laws such as forcing a KID to wear a HELMET just to ride a bike! This is just plain insanity!

If a parent wants their kid to wear a helmet...fine. But to make a LAW is too much. The same can be said for Seat Belts.

As far as Assault Rifles are concerned there is a problem that is specific to Chinese AK Imports. Something has to be done. I do not support a BAN on all forms of these Weapons but I would support a BAN on cheap Chinese Made AK's. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I hate the idea of others trying to tell us what is best for us. A perfect example of this is making Laws such as forcing a KID to wear a HELMET just to ride a bike! This is just plain insanity!

If a parent wants their kid to wear a helmet...fine. But to make a LAW is too much. The same can be said for Seat Belts.

As far as Assault Rifles are concerned there is a problem that is specific to Chinese AK Imports. Something has to be done. I do not support a BAN on all forms of these Weapons but I would support a BAN on cheap Chinese Made AK's. Split Infinity

I would have to disagree with on legal versions owned by legal gun owners. It is a very slippery slope and they want us to give up as much willingly. Fear is a powerful tool and is used against legal gun ownership everyday.

Heck the very people trying to pry them out of our hands are then selling them to the drug cartels. This should tell all of us something.

A certain type of gun is not the problem it is the criminals using them. We should just stick to that simple thought.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

If we simply made Narcotics Legal and had them regulated...there would no longer be a Gang or Drug Cartel that needed these weapons to perpetrate crimes.

Our issues would resolve themselves overnight. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

If we simply made Narcotics Legal and had them regulated...there would no longer be a Gang or Drug Cartel that needed these weapons to perpetrate crimes.

Our issues would resolve themselves overnight. Split Infinity

I would have to disagree with you on that one. Would you want your parks and streets filled with legal drug users? Kids would have much easier access to hard core drugs like heroin and coc aine.

Think about taking little Suzie to the local park and having to explain why they are shooting up heroin. Don't get me wrong something has to change but full legalization would be the end of our great republic.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I know this is unrealistic. Still if it was Taxed and regulated as well as being safe with a long term program to help people KICK their habit...it might work as long as the end game was to get people off their drug of choice.

I would not place POT into this category as in Mass...it is basically Legal as it is not a Criminal Action to have less than 1 Ounce of Pot on ones person. They can only give you a $100 Ticket and even this is not done is it is not legal for Police to ask for your ID. Thus Cops do not bust people for having pot anymore. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I know this is unrealistic. Still if it was Taxed and regulated as well as being safe with a long term program to help people KICK their habit...it might work as long as the end game was to get people off their drug of choice.

I would not place POT into this category as in Mass...it is basically Legal as it is not a Criminal Action to have less than 1 Ounce of Pot on ones person. They can only give you a $100 Ticket and even this is not done is it is not legal for Police to ask for your ID. Thus Cops do not bust people for having pot anymore. Split Infinity

Yea I agree on the pot but hard core drugs should never be fully legal. Unless we want to deal with a ton of heroin users. The cost would be far to great. And I love freedom more then most.

I feel you have the right to do whatever you want as long as it does not infringe on anothers persons right to do the same. Pretty simple and I bet it would workout great if we put it in place.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join