It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Gun Ban List Is Out!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother

Originally posted by rockoperawriter
reply to post by truthermantwo

oi buddy check out the switzerland gun laws. they are all required to own semi auto assault weapons and learn how to use them efficiantly. ONE IN EVERY HALF MILLION DEATHS are caused by gun violence

Yep... you've underlined the problem - AMERICANS can't be trusted with guns... the Swiss obviously can.

One day maybe AMERICANS will be responsible guns owners, but right now, they're NOT.

Thanks for reminding me, that it's not the guns, but the population...

The US population is unable to safely own guns.

Wow you just step on one cow pie after another. Its less the a half a percent of total deaths and .003142857142857143% of the population, so yeah all 350 million Americans should be branded to irresponsible to own guns because of the stupidity of a minute fraction of the population mostly criminals and gang bangers... Sigh!

www.cdc.gov...

This is the mindset of the enemies of freedom folks...
edit on 22-11-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Why don't you guys just use your fists?

Plenty of space in my country for you yanks who don't care for guns, so come on over. All the others.. well you can stay there. Does that make me a gunnist?

enjoy your gunfights guys! pow pow

*why's that guy putting his hand down hi... pow pow

*No! you cut me off son of a.. pow pow

*that's my parking space! no it's not.. yes it i... pow pow

*why's that car window lowering... oh it's bob.. pow pow

edit on 22-11-2012 by spoogemonkey because: no reason

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

Yes it is easy to convert an older model AK-47 to full auto. I know how to do it. The newer model AK's and M-16's are a bit more difficult to convert but anyone with the knowledge can convert these also.

The problem with Assault Rifles is that they are purchased by a Wholesales Weapons Supplier and then these shipments are Hijacked. There is a lot or Organized Crime involvement that has these Wholesalers purposely purchasing large shipments of Chinese Made AK's which the Wholesaler then provides Organised Crime Leaders the When, Where, What and Whys and other details pertaining to the Shipping Trucks that move large Weapons Shipments to these Wholesale Suppliers Warehouses and these shipments never reach the Warehouse.

The Shipments are Hijacked in route and before they can be verified by the ATF to the number of weapons that are actually on the truck as many times even though ATF has a manifest as to the numbers both numerically and the weapons serial numbers...but the shipment may have MORE weapons than has been reported as the shipping crates tend to contain MORE weapons than the manifest says they do. As it is almost impossible for the ATF to have the manpower to visually check every crate...the manifest is the only invoice looked at thus the Weapons Distributor...the Weapons Wholesaler and Organized Crime Members are all involved with importing Large Numbers of Weapons of which some are sold by Organized Crime for profits...the Weapons that come into the Country that are not recorded on the Manifest are used by Organized Crime as they cannot be tracked to a Seller...the Weapons Distributor makes a profit for their end and so does the Weapons Wholesaler.

The Weapons that are sold and used by Organized Crime are then converted to FULL AUTOMATIC and these are used in Criminal Actions as well as sold and used by Drug Lords which purchase such weapons from Organized Crime.

If Assault Weapons were BANNED in the U.S. then they could not be shipped into the U.S. which would thus not allow for these Shipments to even come into the country. If it is possible to make an Assault Rifle in a manner which would not allow for such a conversion to Full Automatic then I HAVE NO ISSUE WITH THESE WEAPONS BEING SOLD IN THE U.S. But as it is now they are relatively EASY to convert and I can take a Hammer, Chisel, Metal File and about 15 Minutes and CONVERT AN OLDER AK-47 FROM SEMI-AUTO TO FULL AUTO.

After saying this...I do not advocate the Banning of Large Capacity Magazines for Handguns. As a Legal Gun Owner I want the ability to be able to counter any ILLEGAL ability by a possible assailant. Now I know some of you would say...Well don't you want to counter an Assault Weapon on Full Auto? Since the use of such weapons in an illegal capacity tend to be consistent with Gang Warfare and Organized Crime Family Wars or Bank Robberies...someone using such a weapon to break and enter by Home is Highly Unlikely as such a person would want to use a HANDGUN.

To protect myself and Family I want no issue of being able to use my Weapon QUICKLY thus I object to TRIGGER LOCKS. I also want to have at least 17 shots and always have ONE IN THE CHAMBER AT ALL TIMES. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx

Originally posted by madenusa
reply to post by Hijinx

I see no need for seat belts,helmets, some do, some dont.
Its not going to stop some wack job from buying 50lbs of furtilizer at Wallmart & wipeing out a city block,
I see no need for over 10lbs of furtilizer per person.
follow them.
At what point should the people dissolve the political bands which have connected them with an increasingly tyrannical and oppressive federal government?

See the interesting thing you miss here, is Ammonium Nitrate(the fertilizer used for explosives) Is monitored. Large purchases are reported to the fed.

How does you seat belts and helmets even remotely relate? It's not a matter, what need does a civilian have for weapons designed to kill human beings alone? You still have the right to bear arms. The constitution says that exactly, it also states in a well regulated militia. Implying regulation, and a militia. The civilian populace is not a militia(though it can be) so the fact as a standard civilian you get them at all should be a bonus.

Your right to bear arms is not infringed. You can still own guns, just not guns designed specifically to kill large amounts of human beings. It makes perfect sense, and unless your intention to own the weapon is to just that why do you need them? Why must it be your right to put others in danger? Even if you are a responsible owner, are you willing to be labeled because of the actions of others? It's quite simple.

They continue allowing these weapons, and pry into the privacy of the owners. Random checks on possession of the weapons, ammo, magazines and accessories. Having a neighbor call because they feel you're acting out of sorts knowing you own Assault weapons. Random break ins by the law suspecting you may be up to no good because you own said weapon. Risking those weapons being stolen etc.

It's simply easier to remove them from public sale. It really is. They are unnecessary in any regard. You can take an assault weapon, put it in untrained hands and the individual can kill or wound dozens of people. This is not the case with all fire arms however. Why give something designed to be easy to use, easy to maintain, with a high likeliness of putting down multiple targets in quick succession in civilian hands. It's not necessary.

It is not a civilian right to put others in danger. It is not a civilians right to own Assault weapons. The Amendment says Arms, with out specifying kind or quantity. This does not impact that law, until you are not allowed to own any guns this law is irrelevant.

It only offers a new set of chains to bind down the people. Only by going back to the Saxon (and earlier) basic ten family political unit (the Tun) and working up from there
It has to come up from the people, not from a real or imagined aristocracy.

How does you seat belts and helmets even remotely relate? Another Law,they dont care how many lives are saved with seat belts,you probly were rideing in the front seat on your Moms lap when that law was passed.
Good luck with your Generation Guns dont kill people people that want to kill, kill people.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoogemonkey
Why don't you guys just use your fists?

Plenty of space in my country for you yanks who don't care for guns, so come on over. All the others.. well you can stay there. Does that make me a gunnist?

enjoy your gunfights guys! pow pow

*why's that guy putting his hand down hi... pow pow

*No! you cut me off son of a.. pow pow

*that's my parking space! no it's not.. yes it i... pow pow

*why's that car window lowering... oh it's bob.. pow pow

edit on 22-11-2012 by spoogemonkey because: no reason

Are you really so daft as to think the majority of gun owners act like this.
I often wonder if people actually think it is the wild west or something.

The only time I shoot my guns is at the local gun range. I make sure they are not loaded for the ride out to the range and I also make sure they are all cased. I am just a normal person who would never harm another unless my life was in danger. If someone was breaking into my car I would call the police.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Wow, interesting list. Too bad about 75% of my pile is on it.

Got a couple of Barrett .50BMG rifles too, it's surprising they didn't list them.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Oh please they have to give the sheep the illusion of freedom or the veil of lies they depend on so heavily will fall from the face of their deceit.
Seat belts save lives, Pit bulls kill people,Black friday will help the economy,lol
Wipers on,make sure your head lights are on or you can get a ticket,
Take away Guns that will stop Crime,lol
Did you know you can scare a Sheep to death?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

I'm so daft that I'm backing the notion of risk mitigation. And no I don't think it's the wild west, but something tells me the mentality is not dissimilar wild west at times.

The argument "take our guns and only the bad guys will have guns" is particularly wild west in nature. Instead of trusting each other without guns, you trust that the other guy has a gun. What a wonderful idea.

If you really need that weaponry to protect yourself there is something very wrong. How many bad guys are coming after you? are they size of elephants?

An ideal situation in my mind is keep the guns out of the cities. Rural folks need them of course. And I have no issues with people going down to the range (or however you guys put it). But the idea that someone would walk around with a high powered gun for the reason of protection, would suggest that that person would be inclined to use it (no S**T). The problem is humans make mistakes, and may use disproportionate force on the bad guy (if a guy steals your wallet, does he deserve to be shot? killed?) your legal system says no. But that's what happens. It opens up vigilantism. Now of course there are times when lives are in danger, and gun use maybe be appropriate, but do we really trust humans to always make the right choice as to when to use proper force? Police all over the world are accused of that daily. Why? they're human and make mistakes.

Why do we have to wear seatbelts? we make mistakes
In my country, helmets are required on bikes etc (which you may see as wimpy.. to me it's safety).. why? we make mistakes
Why can't we drink drive? well we make a lot of mistakes doing that.
High powered weapons? any mistake would be potentially tragic.

Reading a lot of these posts makes me feel very!!! lucky to live where I do. So thanks guys! But I very much appreciate you're probably a really nice guy who is responsible. And that's great.
edit on 22-11-2012 by spoogemonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Children of tomorrow
I apologize to you
On behalf of those in my time
For the things we didn't do
We didn't stop the tyrants
So your fate could be prevented
We watched them steal our freedom
By our silence we consented
We didn't choose to circumvent
The doom you've not escaped
While the Bill of Rights was murdered
And the Constitution raped
Some of us were lazy
Others too afraid
To think about our children
The ones we have betrayed
I guess we were too busy
To be concerned or care
To try to ease the burden
Of the chains we made you wear
We could have been good shepherds
When the wolf got in the fold
But we watched the flame of freedom die instead
And left you cold

I'm sorry we were timid
My selfish generation
We left you but a remnant
Of a free and prosperous nation
I'm sorry for our actions
Like cowards we behaved
We could have left you freedom
Instead you are enslaved
Children of tomorrow
Descendants of our land
I'm sorry we allowed this
The fate you now with stand

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by madenusa

I loved your post!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by PMNOrlando

The Senate must give its assent to a Treaty.

The Senate does not ratify treaties—the Senate approves or rejects a resolution of ratification. If the resolution passes, then ratification takes place when the instruments of ratification are formally exchanged between the United States and the foreign power(s).

Most treaties submitted to the Senate have received its advice and consent to ratification. During its first 200 years, the Senate approved more than 1,500 treaties and rejected only 21.

www.senate.gov...

edit on 22-11-2012 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

We didn't stop the tyrants

The guys and girls you elected? ok

We watched them steal our freedom

Freedom? Ability to kill eachother? that's a shame

By our silence we consented

NRA, yep they're not very outspoken

While the Bill of Rights was murdered

That was a few hundred years ago buddy.

And the Constitution raped

That too

Others too afraid

To what? not fight a government with more guns than you'll ever have?

To think about our children

not holding guns? not shooting guns? terrible!

But we watched the flame of freedom

well there's enough fire coming out of them muzzles

I'm sorry we were timid

Well go on then, have a go at them (pls don't)

My selfish generation

seems pretty selfish that you want to hold on to all your guns if you ask me

Like cowards we behaved

Go on then.. be brave.

We could have left you freedom

Ability to kill eachother? perpetuating gun culture? what shackles you wear!

Instead you are enslaved

by being forced to think twice about exactly what gun culture can lead to?

Children of tomorrow

not holding guns? not shooting guns? poor kids..what sort of a chilhood is it if they can't use guns, or look forward to playing with them when grown up. tragic!

Poignant poem though, really touches the heart (especially keeping in mind you're talking about saving gun culture and issues that brings with it).

It took a long time to reduce the speed culture in cars.. but it was done. The same is happening to your guns. Get used to it. In 50 years the US won't know itself.. it'll be great for you guys! How do I know? because it happened here (heavy gun restrictions) and it worked out really well!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
Wow, interesting list. Too bad about 75% of my pile is on it.

Got a couple of Barrett .50BMG rifles too, it's surprising they didn't list them.

Yeah I noticed that also. Which makes me think that this isn't a real list or whoever made it up doesn't know
a .50 cal from a sling shot.

I'm not going to worry about it until it actually enters a real bill that gets put before the House or the Senate.
Either way it won't pass the way the House and Senate are split up right now.
Now in two years that may change. At the moment all it's doing is increasing gun sales.
Which I'm sure the gun store owners are not complaining about.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoogemonkey
But the idea that someone would walk around with a high powered gun for the reason of protection, would suggest that that person would be inclined to use it (no S**T). The problem is humans make mistakes, and may use disproportionate force on the bad guy (if a guy steals your wallet, does he deserve to be shot? killed?) your legal system says no. But that's what happens. It opens up vigilantism.

The problem is that when one encounters a criminal one has no idea if they intend to demand only your wallet or intend to bend you over the nearest car and rape you and slit your throat after. Once you surrender to his will who knows what he will do...

If you wish to gamble with your life and the lives of your loved ones in the hopes that if you concede to the criminals demands for items that will be enough - I respect that. However, do not presume to make that same choice for me. Your government has neutered you.

Used to be going along with terrorists in a hijacking was the surest way to ensure your survival; however, we all know how that worked out on 9/11 for the people involved and a good many innocents.

Protecting oneself from an immediate threat isn't vigilantism.

If you want to have a conversation with an intruder in your home late at night about his intentions then feel free. Me, I am not going to wait and see if he just wants our stuff or intends to hurt us. I will not wait to see if he is armed. I will exercise my rights under the law here in our State and drop him right there.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mash3d

Yeah I noticed that also. Which makes me think that this isn't a real list or whoever made it up doesn't know
a .50 cal from a sling shot.

Especially since several prominent Democrats are on the .50BMG hate list, possibly not wanting to get shot at by one. "It can go RIGHT THROUGH my armored car windshield!!"

I mean, I'd also really like to keep my old Uzi, too. That thing's been with me since about 1985, and it still runs like clockwork. Not to mention my M14. And my Garand collection. Sigh. What's next, my Lapua?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I foresee BIG problems implementing this legislation, though I doubt this will pass. How would the government even know who has what without going door to door and asking? Or mailing out massive questionaires? I anticipate significant and severe violations of the Fourth Amendment. They're risking violations of several amendments should this law pass. I see this ending very badly if it were to go forward. Marshal Law would have to be in place for something like this to be implemented.

Reviewing gun seizures during hurricane Katrina provides us a glimpse into how this treaty or legislation might be implemented. Interesting is that the Feds are "looking into" who issued confiscation orders during Katrina. I think its very possible this is just a smoke screen to divert attention away from them, kinda disinformation if you will. I'm not buying it. Like I mentioned before, we're talking about some severe 2nd AND 4th Amendment violations. Violations, that, on a national scale, would be much more difficult to get away with. According to this article, written by Dave Workman, dated September 8, 2009.

More than 1,000 firearms were illegally seized by the police and National Guard troopers, without warrant or probable cause, and with no legal authority under existing statute.
As far as I know, State governors maintain control over Guard troops domestically unless they are acting in a Federal capacity for national defense. But seriously, and I mean really, would a state governor have the authority, and balls, to issue orders to National Guard troops that trample the Bill of Rights? The Feds clearly don't have a problem with that, but do the States? Additionally, do we know for certain which Chain of Command the National Guard was operating under? State or Fed? Of course, this is a perfect scenario for FEMA to step in and do everyone's Dirty Work.

I guess when I get my firearm questionaire in the mail or receive a knock on my door inquiring about my guns I'll just refer them to the 5th Amendment. Let's see how frigged up our nation gets before the Feds are willing to violate our 2nd, 4th, And 5th Amendments!

Feds investigate NOPD firearm seizures during Katrina

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
This has been an issue with all gun owners in America. The American gun owners will not let this happen. The sport of hunting and just plain shooting is a part of our heritage. They may try to make this happen, but we will not give that right up.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Ill-considered response. Invoking emotions and talking about loved ones is rather second rate.

I have the same freedoms as you do I hate to say. No, I'm not allowed a gun, but that's okay, don't need one. Our guns were taken away and everythings the same (not sure what you're worried about?). What are you talking about? I'm gambling? I have more of a chance to be raped here than there as I don't have a gun?

guns and egos I swear go hand in hand.

And yeah.. Just drop that guy, way to go! shoot first.. ask later!

edit on 23-11-2012 by spoogemonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by spoogemonkey

yeah. if you think about it inflated egos like oysters seem to transcend national barriers. we have more freedoms than you, more than guns. i would rather have something that is part of human evolution in combat should the need arise. i don'tlike the idea of a civil war. spooge monkey please apply your bravado in a more worthwhile argument that applies to you. obviously you don't like guns for whatever reason. if you gotta ask why about something like this you will never know. just save some spooge for next time, you're probably dehydrated from so much spooging youre probably spooging all the time, it usually makes me irritable but we americans who feel tenaciously dissident against a very real king xerxes incarnate have given you many logical reasons why we are clinging to our guns and you can't do anything about it. hey teapot my names kettle. youre so freaking funny you cant be serious. "oh we're just fine without guns just look at how marvelous it is." "look at me i'm a birdy flying everywhere woop woop woop" i like you youre a real comedian.

edit on 23-11-2012 by rockoperawriter because: joker
QkWS9PiXekE
edit on 23-11-2012 by rockoperawriter because: this is america

edit on 23-11-2012 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

heh. okay. It's not that I hate guns, but you guys love them!

And I have less 'freedom'? I would very much like for you to explain that.

here are the arguments summed.

1. we need guns to protect our loved ones

2. we need guns to stop us from getting raped (on cars according to a few...being raped, that's very serious, very emotive, very poor argument if one knows the stats)

3. Our forefathers wants us to have guns so we can stop a government that's bad.

4. we must protect our home with guns

5. Guns are fun

6. shooting at animals is fun

7. shooting at cans is fun

8. It's our heritage, we need them (or we'd have no fun)

Just call a fu&^ing spade a spade. It's fun and you'd have to do something else for sport if you didn't have them.

I love my country... not because of some moronic idea that we're more free than everyone.. or that we're better than anyone.. Just because it's easy going.. no worries mate!

I'm obviously going to be hammered with stars for this, don't hold back guys.

You think you're free but in actuality you're worried about taking on your government and stopping people from hurting people you care about. Is that free? no! Why don't I care so much for those issues? Cause they're a blatant f*&^ing lie on your behalf.. all of you! The point is... you love the feeling. Taking down that can, taking down that animal, and very seldomly... taking down that intruder! BEING THE MAN! It feels good doesn't it! YEAH!

Again.. for what reason might I not care about needing guns to protect myself? ask yourself.. Why is that? We have crime here, people get in fights... but "why is this guy not worried about all the things I'm worried about"? Think on it... and I'd be very happy to hear your response.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join