It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Gun Ban List Is Out!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
Wonderful. Now go look at the rolls and tell me, how many republicans voted for the assault weapons ban - how many?

CJ

Enough to be a problem. Still, I think its clear which side was the bigger problem.

Final House Vote
Final Senate Vote

Its irrelevant, anyway. That was 20 years ago. Right now, I know which party is more likely to dig up a new gun ban, and its not the GOP. That's not to say I trust them, I don't. Still, in 2012, its the Democrats who are making almost all the noise in favor of additional gun restrictions, not Republicans.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

some people want guns banned - but hte treaty Obama is talking about has nothign to do with banning guns.

Did you happen to see the list? It’s in the OP! How does that have nothing to do with banning guns?

how about thanks to people pointing out that the premise of the OP is BS??

Give credit where credit is due…

You may think your world isn’t crumbling tonight (chicken little) but it has nothing to do with the OP’s premise and everything to do with brave Americans (and other patriots) who have fought against the evil oppressors of world. You can be wrong in any third world country tonight but that wouldn’t be the cause of your hunger or despair.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Isn't it awesome?

TO have a front row seat of how Hiltler, and Kim Jeung Ill came to power people blindly following a cult leader without questioning a single thing they do?

You know what they say about history.........

Some people choose to ignore the patterns.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PMNOrlando

My two cents on the subject... We have to outlaw big guns and accurate guns. The accuracy has to be regulated more than it already is. Here if you really wanted to kill somebody you cant use any of these weapons. Here is a nine millimeter. More upclose and personal.

If someone is going to kill somebody do you think what kind of gun they use is going to make any difference.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

some people want guns banned - but hte treaty Obama is talking about has nothign to do with banning guns.

Did you happen to see the list? It’s in the OP! How does that have nothing to do with banning guns?

I replied to you previously - the treaty is about the international arms trade - not about anything to do with gun ownership in the USA.

You may think your world isn’t crumbling tonight (chicken little) but it has nothing to do with the OP’s premise and everything to do with brave Americans (and other patriots) who have fought against the evil oppressors of world. You can be wrong in any third world country tonight but that wouldn’t be the cause of your hunger or despair.

wouldn't you prefer to not worry about a BS premise??

Why worry about somethign that jsut isn't true?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
However, if they cannot remove the guns from our hands in time, they will continue on with the guidelines set out in with directives to kill any dissenters that refuse to obey.
By then My Family& i will be liveing with the Animals,Go nocturnal,lol

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lucifer6

My two cents on the subject... We have to outlaw big guns and accurate guns. The accuracy has to be regulated more than it already is. Here if you really wanted to kill somebody you cant use any of these weapons. Here is a nine millimeter. More upclose and personal.

If someone is going to kill somebody do you think what kind of gun they use is going to make any difference.

Are you American?

Where in the 2nd amendement (or anywhere in the constitution) did we grant the government the authority to regulate firearms? I didn't think so...

Why do YOU willing forfeit YOUR rights to an overbearing group of establishment LIARS? Don't you believe in free will and individual freedom??

edit on 21-11-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I ask again....do you not believe there are people actively working to remove our second amendment rights (are you American??) ?

Of course liberals in US are actively promoting UN doctrine! Have you not heard of Agenda 21? Do you agree with NDAA, SOPA, the Patriot Act, etc??

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I ask again....do you not believe there are people actively working to remove our second amendment rights (are you American??) ?

Of course liberals in US are actively promoting UN doctrine! Have you not heard of Agenda 21? Do you agree with NDAA, SOPA, the Patriot Act, etc??

If this is a liberal agenda, why are there a majority of republican politicians who support it? Wierd, eh?

CJ

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I am not an american - although I do ahve an american sister, brotehrinlaw and neice.

I do not particularly care whether peole are working to change your consititution - that is yuor problem.

I would point out to you that you constitution CAN be changed - ther are 24 amendments to it already, and the right to bear arms is itself a change to the constitution - it was not in the original.

Agenda 21 sounds like a damned fine idea - the alternative to sustainable development is unsustainable developement or no development at all - and what sort of an idiot would want eitehr of those?

The rest are your domestic law - I have no interest in getting into a discussion about what you like or don't like and htey are utterly irrelevant to the pioint that the treaty Obama is taking about IS NOT ABOUT BANNING GUNS!!
edit on 21-11-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

If this is a liberal agenda, why are there a majority of republican politicians who support it? Wierd, eh?

CJ

EASY...Because the GOP is comprised of liberals!!!

I'm not a card carrying member of the GOP! Do you still believe there is a flipping difference between GOP and DEM?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

reply to post by lucifer6

Where in the 2nd amendement (or anywhere in the constitution) did we grant the government the authority to regulate firearms?

Article 1, section 8

I didn't think so...

Perhaps you should study what it actually says then.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I am not an american - although I do ahve an american sister, brotehrinlaw and neice.

I do not particularly care whether peole are working to change your consititution - that is yuor problem.

Exactly….then please don’t pretend to understand the reasoning of Americans who are outraged about following the path of whatever weak-arse country within which you reside!

You don’t miss what you never had….you’re already under complete control and you’ve accepted it.

Losers!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

CJ

EASY...Because the GOP is comprised of liberals!!!

I'm not a card carrying member of the GOP! Do you still believe there is a flipping difference between GOP and DEM?

No, actually I don't . You might want to change "liberal" to conservative in your posts from now on.

CJ

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
That is what our Revolutionary War was all about and today our own federal government is vastly overstepping its constitutional bounds with no signs of reform.
“should separate from our companions only when the sole alternatives left, are the dissolution of our Union with them, or submission to a government without limitation of powers.”
Do we have a “government without limitation of powers” yet?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

No, actually I don't . You might want to change "liberal" to conservative in your posts from now on.

Why should I do that; because you don’t know the difference between GOP and conservatives???

You should get off ABC and NBC. You wouldn’t know a conservative if he bit you. Logic is a universal language to humans with any shred of intellect.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PMNOrlando

Wow. I'm sure I will catch a whole heck of a lot of flack from the typical American Gun Owner, but I see nothing wrong with this list. I don't think any civilian should have hi-capacity magazines, silencers, or Assault rifles.

Hand guns are still allowed, rifles and shotguns are still allowed, it just places limitations on those weapons. No semi-automatic rifles or shotguns with magazine capacities greater than 5 is a great idea. For a hunter this is more than enough, for a civilian it just means you'll have to pace yourself more with your shooting. Which to me is exactly what is needed in the sport of shooting anyways. I see lots of individuals hitting the range blowing through 1000s of rounds for the sake of making noise, peppering the 50yd burm, with sheer luck making a hit on LARGE paper targets. What's the point? You're not getting better at the sport, you are wasting ammunition and money. It's just silly.

I understand the desire to own assault weapons, they look cool yes but have no need in civilian hands. It's just silly to place a weapon made to kill people, in the hands of a civilian. There are plenty of guns available that aren't on this list that are far beyond capable of self or home defense if they needed to be. Heck a pointy stick is sufficient for home defense given you can use it.

5 rounds in a semi-auto shotgun is more than enough to defend your home or go hunting. If it isn't spend some more time at the rance. A revolver, or semi auto pistol with a 10 round capacity is more than enough for personal defense outside of this plenty of competitive shooters have a round limit anyways.

I really don't see this as unreasonable. It's a compromise, Americans still have the right to own fire arms, but this is keeping the more dangerous arms out of the general public. I can see this leading to a difference in safety.
Fire arms can be illegally obtained anywhere in the world, so I don't think this is being passed for the gang violence.

It does how ever make sense to take the ability of a disgruntled spouse, employee or civilian to walk into a gun store by assault weapons and hi capacity magazines and go on a rampage.

I understand the stance on those who feel they have a right to own them, how ever there are those who abuse this right. It grows incredibly difficult to regulate who gets what, or punish those that do such things when said items are so easily obtained.

I absolutely see no reason for a civilian to own a silencer. NONE, they were invented to conceal muzzle blast for the purpose of not being as easily located or detected. That is not necessary for a civilian to own, in any instance. Hearing protection is used on a range at all times, so silencers are moot. They are just unnecessary.

It's absolutely unnecessary for a civilian to own Anything on the list. They serve no purpose, that any other fire arm can do for civilian needs.

To be honest, I expected far more restrictions on Hand guns than we see with this list. It's actually rather fair in my eyes.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Exactly….then please don’t pretend to understand the reasoning of Americans who are outraged about following the path of whatever weak-arse country within which you reside!

so because I'm not American therefore it is ..what...the treaty does have somethign to do with domestic gun control suddenly??

You don’t miss what you never had….you’re already under complete control and you’ve accepted it.

Losers!!!

Well I'd rather fit your defintiion of a loser - which is apparently someone who can see that the OP is BS - I got no problem with that.

nor do i have a problem owning firearms.

but hey - you want to demonstrate ignorance and associate it with being a US gun net - thus proving to many that indeed US gun nuts are nuts - go right ahead.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Why should I do that; because you don’t know the difference between GOP and conservatives???

You should get off ABC and NBC. You wouldn’t know a conservative if he bit you. Logic is a universal language to humans with any shred of intellect.

Ah, then I guess you were just blowing hot air.

CJ

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
My freedom and my guns... I will join to sign state separation from Fed! I am getting tire messing with our right to bear arm...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join