It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza Strip: Anderson Cooper Shaken in Blast...Fake or Real?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Anderson Cooper had a close call on the Gaza frontline when a rocket exploded just a few blocks from where he was reporting live.

The CNN anchor was speaking to the camera in the midst of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict on Sunday night when a rocket exploded close to where he was standing, causing the veteran journalist to duck for cover.

He was discussing the death toll - which includes ten members of the same family - on the Gaza trip as Israel continues to hit Hamas strongholds. So far, 96 Palestinians and three Israelis have died since the conflict began last Wednesday.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

So I'm sure everyone on ATS has seen the fake CNN news report from the Gulf War, which is laughable quality these days.

But the Anderson Cooper vid just seems weird to me, right after the explosion he laughs and then goes "that was a rather large explosion". Just seems like an off thing to say right after a huge rocket blast goes off? It sort of looks like a green screen job for ratings.

Maybe I'm far too paranoid, I don't know.

edit on 20-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This is ATS......

I call fake, because.........

Its CNN.

S&F

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Its real I watched it live.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartaocean
Its real I watched it live.

Watching something "live", which is never actually real time, does not make something real. I'm sure the Gulf War cast was supposed to be "live" was well.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
i don't think its fake, he's just stands in front of the balcony for 5 hrs with the camera rolling until a blast comes.

if i were hamas i'd go find him and hold him as a spy or pow.

he's always giving away locations of rocket attacks and i wouldn't be surprised if he has a c.i.a or mossad phone no. in his pocket.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
You have never laughed from being scared shirtless?

You have never truly been scared!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

he's always giving away locations of rocket attacks and i wouldn't be surprised if he has a c.i.a or mossad phone no. in his pocket.

During college, Cooper spent two summers as an intern at the Central Intelligence Agency.

Anderson Cooper
edit on 21-11-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
That's interesting. Anderson Cooper CIA, the elites position their offspring well don't they? It's all theater.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by misfitofscience
You have never laughed from being scared shirtless?

Yeah I guess I have.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

In middle school we'd be forced to watch Cooper when he was on Channel One news...then say the Pledge of Allegiance...

Lovely state indoctrination...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
That was awesome. Cooper nearly shat his pants and ducked, like ducking would protect you from a rocket.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

Thats such a fake news . People should stay from these MSM . This is purely a cheating . Anderson Cooper is acting infront of the green screen . Give him An Oscar .

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

I completely agree. It totally looks like a green screen background. On top of that, would CNN risk getting there top anchor killed? It seems like they would have some nobody local affiliate or from Jordan, Egypt or somewhere doing the actual "on location" footage, while Anderson is at his desk asking them to describe whats happening.
edit on 21-11-2012 by geldib because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
1. I doubt he was even anywhere near Gaza. More like Gaza City, Hollywood.

2. An m-80 firecracker will do just what we saw in the video.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Why would they fake Israel firing on Gaza? Aren't they generally always saying "poor Israel"? "Gaza is always bombing them"?

This is the opposite of that. Israel is bombing Gaza.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Common only Geraldo does fake shots oh and John Kerry, why would Mr. Copper do such a thing?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
What I found interesting is that the blast comes from Cooper's left, but he only looks out towards his right side.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Lets see:

Flash -> Sound takes about one second.

If you take average speed of sound under normal conditions that would be about 350 meter (1,200ft ) away.

If you are in a war zone, with ROCKETS coming in, and within 350 meters there is a large explosion.

You do NOT worry about shell sharfs, you don NOT worry about flying and falling debree...

Nom you turn around and laugh while speaking on, never blinking again.

Foulish? Brave?.. Or Fake?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Well sounds can trick you.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
He is a good actor yes
but the big orange light and the sound traveling half of second later
im gonna say that this time yes it was for real .. he almost crap his pants

they could also bring some special big orange light effect
to reflect on the building beside .. its possible to

but the Danny episode was extremely faked

edit on 11/22/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join