It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOU WILL pay Obamacare ! Unless you are rich

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Im just making sure that people understand that if they live in the U.S. that they WILL pay for health insurance. If you dont you will be charged a tax..Dont get me wrong Im all for health insurance without preexisting conditions, BUT HOW AM I GOING TO PAY FOR IT ? Im so broke already, theres no way Id be able to pay anything else. And bye the way, RICH PEOPLE ARENT REQUIRED TO HAVE Obamacare..OR ROMNEYCARE...thats true, if aperson can prove they have lots of money then they dont need health insurance,,therefore arent required. SO WHO PAYS THE OBAMACARE?? POOR PEOPLE..............................................and what about people in Mass ? Will they get rombama care?...I posted this because Ive heard "free health care" suggested lately from differentpeople, just wanted to make sure they know that its NOT FREE.
edit on 20-11-2012 by jazztrance because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2012 by jazztrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
if I could afford health insurance I would already have health insurance. No amount of threats from the government to tax me or fine me or execute me are going to suddenly make me rich enough to afford health insurance.

from my point of view that`s exactly what the government is doing, threatening poor people to either get insurance or face the wrath of the U.S. government.
Since the court has ruled that this is a tax, the government can criminally charge poor people with tax evasion if they don`t pay the fine/tax for not having health insurance.
This type of government sponsored extortion/blackmail isn`t going to be helpful to anyone and it certainly won`t help poor people afford health insurance.
edit on 20-11-2012 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Stop your whining.

When you get seriously injured or need long term care at some point in your life, and you will, or if you need the latest treatments for cancer, or your dying wife looks at you with her last breath in a peaceful and calming way as she smiles to you, you'll be glad you'd had the option.

Because the other option my friend ain't so peachy F*n keen!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

The government has to step in to protect yourself from you! Because you can't.

What your president is doing is a few 20rs to late. Better late than never.

13% of my pay is taken each and every single pay for my healthcare in Canada. I wouldn't change it for the world.
If my Government said, we have to increase that to 20% I would still gladly hand over my money. Because nothing will screw you over quicker than an illness or a disability. Not to mention the mental and physical health toll it will take on the person caring for the unfortunate loved one.

I will ask you one question. And for my American cousins, I will make it multiple choice to make it a little bit easier for you.

Would you rather (a) pay 10% of your salary to have health care?
or (b) pay the hospital $8000/month to take care of you in the event of a disability?

Because that is what you need to look at. You can look at all the conspiracies and mumbo jumbo,but anyone that takes a step outside of the dark side to look within the industry as a whole, will see the opportunity your government is trying to give you, yes there is a cost, but so be it.because I will give you another thought....

People misunderstand health care and insurance. They don't delve into the subject to fully comprehend what they are looking at. Right now in Ontario, [Canada - for you Americans who fail to study geographic locations other than your own counties and some states, like where you can get the best fried brisket and corn bread] alone, there is a 3 year waiting period and a waiting list of 25,000+++ people waiting to get into a government funded facility. All Canadians pay into this pool to protect us from any health or injury related incident, or old age. Knowing that my government has my back when I won't be able to recall where my back is, is in case a refreshing thought.

The thing is, people don't understand what the consequences are because they think that nothing will ever happen to them. But if you were touched by watching a loved one go through a complete and utter transformation to not even ever recall their own name anymore, or whom can no longer feed, dress, bath, transfer, or go to the washroom by themselves, then, you'll understand why your Country needs this.

In fact I think a great thing for everyone to do would be to go to a care facility and spend a week volunteering at one. But , I doubt anyone will. Which is why you'll never understand what a great thing it is to have this kind of protection from yourself.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
It's actually funny, I get free medical insurance through the school (actually, I pay for the insurance out my tuition. It's mandatory), but today, I asked if they can do a simple WBL check and a Glucose check at the place they always send me too. No, I have to do it on Campus or it comes out of my pocket.

Go figure..........

So much for insurance...

Can't even do a simple blood test without asking for money.
edit on 20-11-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
OP you really need to educate yourself about what Obamacare is/does. not from the right wing sources.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by misfitofscience

You are not grasping a very simple concept here, they cant charge me anything, when I cant pay it. You have heard the saying "you cant get blood from a stone' right?

It isnt like i have $1000 a week and just dont want to buy it, I am making less than $400 a week, before they take their blood money, I mean taxes.

I used to fix cars, but now in America, unless your ASE certified nobody will higher you. So I went to construction, which is now in the dumps also, I couldnt afford to finish college for 'computer and electronic engineering" so now i have no degree and all that debt "$30,000" I cant pay.

Now I am temping, for $9.00 to $10.00 an hour at part time hours. I dont have any money, or credit, I am flat effing broke.

Paying is not an option, If I dont find work this week i am not going to have anything for Christmas for my 3 kids, but health insurance is supposed to be my priority? Screw that, I am barely making it right now, their dumb assed added "tax" is going to sink me.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Here folks. Rather than allow others to tell you what the law is and how it will effect you and yours. Read it for yourselves.

Going to the source - the ultimate "no spin" zone.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

If they were going to take a certain portion of my taxes and use it for single payer, I'd be okay with it. Unfortunately, this is not the case.

It is:

1. Economic slavery to private health insurance corporations.

2. Not a percentage of your income. It is a flat fee or 2.5% of your income, whichever is greater, a policy that actually disproportionately affects the poor. Doesn't matter if you make 15k a year or 50k, you'll be paying the same fine if you can't afford this insurance, and you'll be paying the same for that insurance. Yes, there are going to be more credits for poorer people, but I have yet to see the specifics of this. I keep hearing "tax credits", and that's just not going to cut it.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

While I sympathize with you and trust me I do. I only make $1290 a month. $168 of that goes to pay my health care every month. It should also be noted that my taxes here in Canada work like this....

They take 22% of each and every single pay.
13% goes health care (it is not free, like people think)
6% goes to land/hghway/municiple/provincial/federal programs
3% any and all government run industries (police, fire depts.,libraries etc etc)

Again they are protecting us from us.

I am sorry to say this but, and it hurts, but,

it was your choice to have 3 kids, it was your choice not to find the means to finish school, or get your mechanics license, your choice to get a Temp job at 10$/hour. All your choices have led you down a path that may or may not seem like the life you wish to live.

Proving my point.

You may wish to look into Massachusetts Financial Services, they are always hiring, and while commissions may be a scary thing, the company will change yours and your families life if you want to learn, work hard, and push yourself. It isn't easy, and it is not the career path for most....But up here in Canada I made over 60K my first year in business, 8 years later I am glad I took the chance that was given to me.

Sure beats jumping off the back of a garbage truck picking up big heavy bags filled with peoples discarded wastes, dirty used tampons and used condoms. I did that for 9 years of my life.

So again, it;s your decision.

Let me prove something else to you. You say that you can't afford it right....What would happen, if one of your children came home from a Doctors consultation and the prognosis was a disease, but one that was manageable and liveable, but would cost you 20,000 a month in medication (like MS or ALS medications do).

What then?
edit on 21-11-2012 by misfitofscience because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Exactly, promising to "rebate" me money I dont have isnt going to help me, this is the single dumbest thing I have ever heard.

"Hey I know your poor, but give me all your money for 3 months, and at the end of the year we will give it back."

Well WTH am I supposed to do for those 3 months where you take all my money? Walk to work? Bring home boxes for my kids to eat and wear?

Nothing about this makes any sense, I am just going fully off the grid, and working for straight cash so they cant take my money, I will not pay this or their fine, they can suck it.

I kow i am not the only one who is saying the same thing right now.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Exactly, I have looked through this and it is in depth and proper.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

How much taxes do you guys pay?

I get 22% of my money taken every two weeks, then I pay a sales tax on everything I buy of 13%, that doesn;t include the price of inflation which in Canada last year was just under 4%, add it all together and......

I pay 39% of my money in one form or another in tax, on $1290 monthly income

h
l
But I still have health insurance!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I didnt decide for the military to not pay for my college after they, in my contract said they would, I went to an accredited school, they simply didnt pay, this happens alot BTW. I worked a full time job while serving, and going to school.

I spent 3 hours a day sleeping, for 2 years, working myself ragged, and maintianed a 3.9 GPA. Yet a " paper work foul up" cost me my credit rating( all that really matters in America) and I have nothing to show for it.

I spent at least 100 hours talking to colonels and generals trying to straighten it out to come to nothing in the end, they simply put "screwed me" and I had no recourse at all.

So I went back to what I am good at, fixing things, basically anything that isnt working, i can make work again given the right tools and parts. Skill doesnt matter here, neither does hard work or work ethic. our either in the "right" group or your not.

If you are born poor your basically effed for life. My dead beat father made $80,000+ my entire life, yet never once helped me out, even for college.

I am very smart, I did everything your supposed to do to succeed in this country. I studied hard, I worked hard, I payed my bills, I served my country, I went to college. Yet here I am.

You can try to say I did everything wrong, but you dont know me, or m situation. All your talk simply adds up to the same BS.

"I did it so anyone can", I call BS. If that were true, everyone would make it. As all but a small portion of us work very hard, and make good decisions. Yet more people than not in this country are at or below the poverty line.

The game is rigged, hard work doesnt pay unless your lucky or have the right friends or family. I have neither, so i am screwed.

top topics

join