It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15-year-old shoots girl on school bus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

A STUDENT has shot and killed a 13-year-old girl in front of her younger sister and seven other children on a school bus in Florida, police say.
The girl, Lourdes Guzman-DeJesus, was flown to Miami Children's Hospital where she died, according to Miami-Dade police spokesman Alvaro Zabaleta. She was a student at Palm Glades Preparatory Academy charter school.

Link to source

It is unfortunate that this seems to happen a lot. Youngsters messing around with guns is going to get people killed. There is no excuse for a 15 year old to carry a pistol. No matter how many people believe that it is ok, it is not ok when innocent kids die.
The gun went off , in my guess accidentally.
With the upcoming push for control on guns, this incident does not help the anti control lobby does it.
Why can't people just use a little more of their brains!!!
edit on 20-11-2012 by magma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

The gun went off once...

Guns don't "go off" without the trigger being pulled.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

why is this big news in australia?
happened in miami florida us

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

I don't know anybody who has ever said it's OK for a 15 year old to carry a pistol around.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

The gun went off once...

Guns don't "go off" without the trigger being pulled.

---------------------------> took the words outta my mouth.

A 15 year old has no excuse, most kids see enough tv and movies to know squeezing the trigger will make it go off, and then there's the issue of her parents not teaching her about how dangerous firearms are and to have proper respect for a firearm.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Why can't people just use a little more of their brains!!!

Amen! Common sense is very uncommon. I blame the parents of the 15 year old with this. There is absolutely no excuse for a gun owner not being in control of their weapons. No, this does not help the pro-gun folks, and more importantly, it certainly doesn't help that kid lying there in the morgue.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
reply to post by magma

I don't know anybody who has ever said it's OK for a 15 year old to carry a pistol around.

does the cositution / and or the bill of rights of the united states contain age specific caveats ?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
reply to post by magma

does the cositution / and or the bill of rights of the united states contain age specific caveats ?

Nope and nope. I do know the NRA basic gun safety course admits students beginning at 12 years of age.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
reply to post by magma

why is this big news in australia?
happened in miami florida us

We already have had our guns taken off us, Maybe this is just to rub it in.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Because we need 15 year olds on busses with loaded guns.

Dear god, is this the correct earth, did I sleep on the bus again? whats going on...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Oh, ok, so it's the government's job to say what you can and can't do, not common sense and personal responsibility. Alright.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

Students, yes. Does a medical student go straight into heart surgery? Not without a few years of experience eh? Look how being a student works.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I want to know where the outrage is, the BLACK activists were demanding justice for poor TRevor Martin but silence from them now.

top topics

join