It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regardless...We are all in this together

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This is my first real thread. I am hopeful that you all will read it and find it helpful in some way.

Faith - is belief in a god or gods or in the doctrines or teachings of the religion.

Religion - is a collection of belief systems, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to spirituality and, sometimes, to moral values.

Theology - is the systematic and rational study of religion and its influences and of the nature of religious truths, or the learned profession acquired by completing specialized training in religious studies, usually at a university or school of divinity or seminary.

These are defined by: en.wikipedia.org...

I have faith in this way:

1. strong or unshakeable belief in something, esp without proof or evidence
6. any set of firmly held principles or beliefs
7. allegiance or loyalty, as to a person or cause

This is defined by: dictionary.reference.com...

I started this thread this way to demonstrate there are different ways to demonstrate faith; not all have to do with religion or theology.

I have unshakeable faith in certain beliefs as I am sure those that read this thread will have for their beliefs. It is not my intention to debate these beliefs, rather my intention is to show you can have certain beliefs without religion or theology.

I believe in a Higher Power...I do not call it God. I believe in life after "death"...I call it rebirth. I believe we are all part of a much bigger picture...than this tiny little planet Earth. I believe that "TRUE LOVE" is the universal language...that controls the bigger picture we are a part of. I believe there are spirit guides/guardian angels...that help us to stay out of harms way. I believe we all have a responsibility to each other...to not let hatred control our actions (free will). I believe that the intent of religion and theology is rooted in goodness...yet misunderstood and abused by hypocrites to justify behavior. I believe in you and all that you are...but I do not condone hatred of any kind against those that have the same right to believe what they want. My beliefs will never harm you...as long as your beliefs don't harm others they are allowed.

When beliefs cross the line from acceptance to denial...this is called censorship. What right does anyone have to tell another what they believe is wrong? None. Especially when they are not doing anything to try and shove those beliefs where they do not belong. I won't make fun of you if your sexual orientation is different...if your religious beliefs are rooted in the many forms of religion that exist...if the color of your skin does not match mine...if you are homeless or drive a beat up car...live in a shack, if you are a loving decent person that tries hard to do their best that is all I can ask of you.

However, if you are a politician, religious leader, authoritarian figure of any kind (teacher, police officer, soldier, etc.) that teaches one thing and has behavior that contradicts the very thing you are supposed to be doing...you are a hypocrite. Pass laws, preach from the pulpit, teach morals and behaviors, defend the rights of others while killing those that cannot defend them selves. In the meantime, we have millions of homeless people and starving people all over the world, yet we continue to justify wars over religion and mineral rights? We spend billions of dollars on weapons and space technology...wouldn't that money be better spent elsewhere. Does having a fancy house of worship seem proper...when the same could be done out of a cardboard box. Those taxes and donations that they collect all over the world...for what are they really used? I think they could be better spent. Don't you agree?

I have a very strong belief in "TRUE LOVE" and I want you all to drop the hatred...we are all in this together.

Thank you.
edit on 11/20/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: Edit

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Amen to this thread. The only exception is "guardian angel" but even that in my life I believe in as my Wife is my "guardian angel" so beyond that the exponential belief in loving one another no matter the belief system is profound.

The current events going on right now, whether its Israel vs Hamas/Teachers having sex with students/teenage suicide/UFO's/Militias/etc. ( I know this is a pretty diverse grouping) kind of expands your thread, but the principals of Human decency should be prevalent in our discussions and LOVE for all man kind will heal all wounds.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

Thanks for sharing. Peace to you and blessings from the One True God.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
We get into heated arguments but I doubt anyone actually hates each other. We're just trying to bug each other for fun. It's nothing serious.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
That would have been a great reply to my post, thanks for your views...very insightful

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

That you think your wife is your guardian angel is very sweet. Voice of reason I'm sure she is...semantics play a huge role in the way people respond to different interpretations of different aspects concerning spirituality and religion; it still comes down to the same truth, Love v Hate. I like the feeling that comes over me when I use love...I do not like the feeling I have when I use hate...free will...I want more people to experience how love feels...However, we could not have one without the other...the problem with our world...is it is governed by greed and this breeds hatred...so we are very imbalanced collectively. Something's got to give. Then the balance we need will allow for a more Loving world that will be better for us all.
edit on 11/22/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: Edit

edit on 11/22/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shdak
That would have been a great reply to my post, thanks for your views...very insightful

Well I will be sure and share it on your thread if you have not done so already. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Very insightful and well-written opening post, OP.

I agree with most of what you say. The only difference is I DO believe in God, or The Source, or the "whatever name people wish to call it". I also believe in reincarnation.

I was just sharing my views on some things with another member here earlier today.
I said during all my research on the topic, the thing I have noticed is, no matter what religion or faith/belief a person has, they are all similar in most ways.
Most all of them pray/meditate, believe in a higher "source", believe love is stronger than evil, etc.

We are all on a journey to reach the same thing, we're just taking different paths to reach it. I think this comes into play for the type of life-lesson we are here to learn "this time around".
If people would realize this, and respect one another's beliefs, instead of trying to force their own belief on others, and trying to kill them if they don't, the world would be a better place!

S&F on your thread.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Thank you sled. I think you may have misread what I did say..Essentially semantics allow us to say the same thing in different ways...I didn't say I don't believe in a higher power and I didn't say I don't believe in reincarnation. It seems as though you interpreted what I said as not believing? Either way, thanks.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33
reply to post by sled735

Thank you sled. I think you may have misread what I did say..Essentially semantics allow us to say the same thing in different ways...I didn't say I don't believe in a higher power and I didn't say I don't believe in reincarnation. It seems as though you interpreted what I said as not believing? Either way, thanks.

You are right... I did misread it. Sorry about that.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I'm not mad at you...just wanted to make sure you understood.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33
reply to post by sled735

I'm not mad at you...just wanted to make sure you understood.

No, I didn't think you were... just been busy with illness in my family. Don't have a lot to say these days.

Preoccupied.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Positive energy coming your way 10 fold. Take care.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I think Faith is somehow also a trust in possibility. Belief otherwise can be what it is. Perfect your belief.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
I think Faith is somehow also a trust in possibility. Belief otherwise can be what it is. Perfect your belief.

Faith - is belief

Faith does not allow for possibilities, Faith is a specific belief, not having faith would make possibilities exist.

new topics

top topics

join