It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just need to let off steam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
As some of you know my mom has cancer, and my life with my family is slowly falling apart in every sense of the way.

Well today i woke up early to try to get a free turkey from salvation army, but when I get there they tell me I'm in the wrong zip code...

So it appears our thanksgiving day celebration is ruined..dead..and just in shambles...I was able to buy some potatoes and gravy, and some cookie mixes as i said in a different post but how the heck can i live in a zip code that is not served by salvation army?

I just don't understand anymore, and no i'm not on food stamps but money is very tight and I had my proof and everything and was turned away

This was a very humiliating day today and the way it looks i best be prepared for even more hardships

Sorry just needed to get this off my chest.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
It's a long shot, but have you checked or tried craigslist?

Also check with the Church's, sometimes they give away free turkeys.

You're too far for me to help you, otherwise I'd give you a turkey.

P.S. You definitely don't want my Turkey.. Came out too elastic.
Sister has no clue how to cook.
edit on 20-11-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Going to call a few churches tomorrow and if that does not work, going into the garage to see what I can sell "if anything", this is seriously insane, and I keep thinking, if I am having this much trouble..how may others are in the same position i am in?

I have a sims 3 for a nintendo 3ds, but I doubt anyone would trade me a turkey for a 9 buck game.

I am going to check craigslist, i have heard a lot of terror stories, but it won't be like I am answering the door, I will let my older brothers do that, better to be safe then sorry.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hmm, just looked on craigslist, so many twinkies on there, wonder if anyone would trade me a turkey for a box of 12 donuts my brother bought a couple days ago..never opened..

it might have possibilities, after-all, the box is just sitting here, might as well put it to good use.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
There you go, the twinkies have been selling for about $100 bucks. Craigslist is okay as long as you meet in a public place.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarlia

Check your local food banks, then local Churches. A call to your local DFACS might also help as they keep lists of all local charities on hand.

Another though is to call your local TV news stations. It's a stretch but they sometimes are looking for human interest stories and, if you managed to get a few minutes on television news, you might end up receiving help with many more of the issues that the future could hold.

I sincerely hope this helps.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

television is a good idea but it is so embarrassing, mom has always been the one to protect us and this is probably hard on her more then me of course, and that is a stupid this to say, of course it is harder on her.

Sorry, well i just posted an ad on craigslist, I was thinking about selling my grandmothers pearl ring I got after she passed, but I cannot do it.

also asked if anyone has a comfortable recliner for my mom, i want her to be sitting the whole time on Thanksgiving, we might be only having cookies and potatoes and gravy, but I want her to be comfortable.

Love her so damn much

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
There are a lot of good hearted people still left in the world. Hopefully someone will come through for your family. If all else fails, there are places that serve Thanksgiving meals to the poor. You can even have them make up a nice plate for your sick Mom.

In the meantime, your family needs to get on welare or some kind of assistance. HUGS!!!!!

top topics

join