It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long-time New Ager Finds Out What's Really In The Spirit World!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
All you people who've been getting used to hearing things from the New Age that talk about ying and yang and erase the notion of true white and black forces standing an eternal chasm apart should listen to the experience that this long-time New Ager experienced that turned her worldview upside down. If you want to keep walking this road of what you are being led to believe is "love" and " light" think about watching this video

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by EfficientP
If you want to keep walking this road of what you are being led to believe is "love" and " light" think about watching this video

To help me decide if I wish to watch this 25 minute video, is there anything in it which would help me tell the difference between truth, and the other possibility that she's just mistaken.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
All testimonies like this inform us entirely of the interior of the person giving said testimony.

Nothing more, but also importantly... nothing less for those willing to honestly probe the depths of their own interior.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Just about every religion has testimonies from people who now believe that [insert your religion here] is the only true religion, because they had an experience that proved it to them. A dream, a vision, a piece of bread that looks like Mother Mary, etc.

If I can paraphrase the member above me: it tells us more about the person giving the testimony than it does anything else.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
It works both ways OP. There have also been Christians who had a Near Death Experience in which they realized the opposite: That there is no such thing as a right or wrong religion, that they all lead to the same universal truth. They realized that various religions were just various cultural interpretations of the same truth. Upon coming to this conclusion they stopped being hardcore Christians and just focused on being spiritual.

Anyways, no matter what anybody tells me, I don't believe in hell. For two reasons that even a 10 year old with even an ounce of logic could figure out:

[1] A truly loving creator would not condemn an individual to eternal agony just because they made mistakes.

[2] What would be the point of hell? What is the purpose of being punished for all eternity when you will never emerge with any new insight or wisdom? So you stay there forever and even if you learn your lesson... you're still stuck there? Doesn't make much sense to me. It doesn't serve any long-term purpose. In my opinion, reincarnation would be much more feasible idea than hell. If you f**k up and don't realize the error of your ways, you are sent back over and over, as many times as it takes until you fix it. Kind of like having to repeat classes in school if you fail them.
edit on 21-11-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Sorry. Do not believe in duality being a good thing and have experianced to much of the other side to get caught up in those traps of the ego for long again. I might eat of the small minded apple and become an idiot again for a short time because of the people around me who are playing around with it. But now it just taste rotten to me.

To the OP. Do not worry. If you follow the golden rule then you are safe. Jesus can save you as well as any other blessed loving one. But you might want to stop judging people who have gone another road than you, because you might one day Judge the same Jesus in person that you pray to. It would not supprise me at all if god sent Jesus to come back as a Buddhist or Hindu just to mess with people that are stuck in duality.
edit on 21-11-2012 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
This is a video about another New Ager who finds out what levitation is really all about:

David Herzog talks to a girl in a Sedona health food store who levitates:

And she tells me, “ I gravitated yesterday a couple of feet off the ground,” she tells me.

I go how did you do that. She goes well I invited ten thousand Buddha’s to come inside me. I said it took ten thousand Buddha’s and you only got three feet? I said that is some low level power.

And she said well what do you mean and I said it took ten thousand just to come a couple of feet off the ground, that’s too bad, I said you know what, they are not real Buddha’s, they were deceiving you. Those were demons.

She goes really, I go do they have little bellies? Did they have little bellies like Buddha bellies, and she goes no, and she goes maybe you are right maybe they were tricking me, she said I felt very uncomfortable during the whole thing. I said well if you have ten thousand demons come in your body you are not going to feel too good that

Dave Herzog Interview Pt. 1

Transcript

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

"I had a dream—well, it wasn't a dream it was more of an experience. Jesus came to me..."

Lady in the video.

I guess calling a dream an experience offers her story more credibility.

top topics

join