It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back to this: Papa John and His Anger at Obama Ruining his Business

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The new American service industry model. Weeping billionaires punishing their minimum wage labor force - even as they fight tooth and nail to repeal the minimum wage itself.

BAD, BAD, BAD WAGE SLAVES... BACK TO THE KITCHEN AND VOTE THE WAY I TELL YOU TO! OR ELSE!

On a totally unrelated note:

Dear residents of gated communities. Just how safe to you think a 10 foot wall and a half awake security guard named Clarence really makes you? You might want to reconsider this whole greed thing. The French had a bit of a problem with it a couple of hundred years back and it didn't work out so well for the gated community crowd.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Let them both cry they'll lose not only customers but employees as well, because nobody wants to work for an idiot a$$#LE

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

You're right on...something that few consider too...if a capitalist is overly greedy, how does he differ from those old Soviet Politburo members that lived extremely well while the average Soviet citizen earned a small wage?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

The new American service industry model. Weeping billionaires punishing their minimum wage labor force - even as they fight tooth and nail to repeal the minimum wage itself.

BAD, BAD, BAD WAGE SLAVES... BACK TO THE KITCHEN AND VOTE THE WAY I TELL YOU TO! OR ELSE!

On a totally unrelated note:

Dear residents of gated communities. Just how safe to you think a 10 foot wall and a half awake security guard named Clarence really makes you? You might want to reconsider this whole greed thing. The French had a bit of a problem with it a couple of hundred years back and it didn't work out so well for the gated community crowd.

~Heff

Well, back in my day I had to work for a nickle a day, walking in two feet of snow five miles to work in the coal mines - we were given one sardine, ONE! for lunch and I had to drink brackish water to wash it down - THEN I had to go to school for 7 hours, walk five miles in the snow back to my house and then I had to do all the chores that a farm entails - ALL beofre 7:00 in the morning! These lazy kids these days...

CJ

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lithographyman
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Really? Disagreeing with him isn't enough? Telling your Congress person or Senator to vote against what Obama wants isn't enough, now we have to wish he dies soon?

It wasn't cool when people were hoping Bush would die, and its not cool now.
edit on Thu Nov 22 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88

You're right on...something that few consider too...if a capitalist is overly greedy, how does he differ from those old Soviet Politburo members that lived extremely well while the average Soviet citizen earned a small wage?

We're on a simliar wavelength tonight BobM88.

CJ

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by Phoenix

Not in the least denigrating the hard earned dollars of these business men. I am denigrating their disgusting greed though.

CJ

Class warfare = envy of their success, how they choose to conduct themselves is not yours or my affair, they earned it and have every right to choose how to spend it. Certainly seems to stick in your craw they're not welfaring some your way though.

He's a pauper compared to Bill Gates and Bill has an ostenasious home - go after him he has deeper pockets.

Or is it pick and choose due politics? How about George Soro's he's also much richer and he only stole from other jews as they were murdered or sent off to camp in his entrepenurial beginnings, how about him - if any are undeserving it is he.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yeah.... these greedy bastards... how dare they. I wish all the business owners and wealthy people would take their products elsewhere. We are Americans. We are happy with mediocrity and having everyone else decide what we want and dont want. We will make our own pizzas and write our own magazines. ...... I hope the sarcasm was picked up on.

These men created their own businesses. In doing so they built them based on a specific business model that allowed for growth and profit. All they are saying is that if they want to continue to be in business years from now... then they are going to have to modify their individual business models. If they dont make changes and continue operating as they have then they will eventually either become stagnant or will go bankrupt over time.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

The difference in culture is astounding really. My first job was at 14, working under the table washing dishes at a Chinese restaurant after school, making $3,35 an hour - and the guy who employed me was smart enough to realize what a bargain he was getting and treated me with respect and dignity.

It bears noting - he was not some monster taking advantage of child labor. We were poor and he was a friend of a friend - who risked a LOT by letting me work so that I could, even at that age, put food on the table for my sister and mother.

The point is that there used to be a respect for the folks in the trenches, so to speak. Now? It's all lip service and contempt for the working class. Ask any manager or boss at any low skill workplace and most of them will happily brag that they don't have to care about their people because they have a MOUNTAIN of applications of others who would kill for their shot at making minimum wage.

We're truly lost the plot on this whole American dream thing. Sadly so.

~Heff
edit on 11/20/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix

reply to post by Phoenix

Not in the least denigrating the hard earned dollars of these business men. I am denigrating their disgusting greed though.

CJ

Class warfare = envy of their success, how they choose to conduct themselves is not yours or my affair, they earned it and have every right to choose how to spend it. Certainly seems to stick in your craw they're not welfaring some your way though.

He's a pauper compared to Bill Gates and Bill has an ostenasious home - go after him he has deeper pockets.

Or is it pick and choose due politics? How about George Soro's he's also much richer and he only stole from other jews as they were murdered or sent off to camp in his entrepenurial beginnings, how about him - if any are undeserving it is he.

Oh goodness, not the George Soros thing again...and yes, how people conduct themselve is my affair. I have every right to voice an opinion that greed and avarice is a huge danger to our society.

CJ

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Vote with your wallet.

Anyone that would pay a man who is both increasing the cost of goods sold and reducing employee offers, which is double dipping, is not using their power as a consumer.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Why is it that so many middle and lower class income people defend people like this?

I suspect it's because they're BRAINWASHED from believing in Fox News' brand of "infotainment" and the rest of the mainstream media, and the lying politicians, etc etc.

Great post, though. I think the bit about the stocks was particularly telling. As was the photographic evidence of just how greedy these shills are.

If John's company were sinking fast (which it doesn't seem to be) it wouldn't be because of Obama -- it would be due to a Joke of a management structure with a rotating cast of characters trying their hardest to quickly shovel the poop downwards. I know this because I worked for John's company once, a number of years ago. From what I saw, they didn't always treat their employees that well. Now I guess I can see why.

Awesome pizza though.

:drools:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I agree. There is a lost sense of proportion and dignity all the way around. What is really sad is the guy making $15 an hour laughing at the guy making $10 and making his life miserable. He doesn't know he is getting screwed too...

CJ

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
The man has a right to run his business as he sees fit and sees it's necessary just as you have the right to buy a pizza elsewhere, IMO. I may buy one just for the sake of the fact I really don't think boycotts in a bad economy are the least bit helpful. I know people at the college working at Papa Johns. What did they do? Boycotts usually hit the wrong people but we each have our own choice to make with our dollars. The free market in action.

I don't think you could be more right. The only people who are at fault here are the people who complain and then go buy the darn pizza anyway. I see this all the time in my area where the local consensus is that Wal-Mart style establishments are bleeding our local economy dry. But they are also the record high producers EVERY year in a row.

What a joke!

If it were me, sure, I'd build the 50k sq ft house instead of the 100k. BUT, who is the general public think they are to tell me how to run my business? I should make the sacrifice (as a biz owner) for the bad spending practices of the rest of you? Give me a break! These rich greedy fatcats owe you nothing! What's right is right. And in America, business are free to do what makes them successfull and contributors of tax dollars!

Ps, Please spare me the big corps that are tax free. I'm not an idiot... I know... But that's not the 99.5% of the rest of the businesses and that is not the topic.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nolongerblind
Yeah.... these greedy bastards... how dare they. I wish all the business owners and wealthy people would take their products elsewhere. We are Americans. We are happy with mediocrity and having everyone else decide what we want and dont want. We will make our own pizzas and write our own magazines. ...... I hope the sarcasm was picked up on.

These men created their own businesses. In doing so they built them based on a specific business model that allowed for growth and profit. All they are saying is that if they want to continue to be in business years from now... then they are going to have to modify their individual business models. If they dont make changes and continue operating as they have then they will eventually either become stagnant or will go bankrupt over time.

What will make them stagnant is the fact that they are insanely greedy. Greed is anti-business.

CJ

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

I'm no fan of George Soros either.

I grant you, too, that Bill Gates is crazy rich, but (and I'm sure I'll be proven wrong quickly) you never hear about Microsoft employees losing benefits or wages. In other words, Microsoft doesn't seem to be on of the causes of the ever shrinking middle class in America.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix

I find your comments ignorant on several levels. Who is talking about how they should be allowed to spend their money? And you assume envy-- this does not make it true. Or better stated -- even if one wants wealth as they have, this has little or nothing to do with their position regarding the greed of these people.

The point of the OP is that this bum is whining about how his company would do poorly if obama were re-elected, and that obama has hurt his business, when in fact there is proof of the opposite. Proof in the form of not only a rising stock price, but architecture fit for a king. That is all that was.

To the member saying "write your own magazines, make your own pizzas," etc... who do you think makes all the pizzas? John?
It may be called Papa Johns, but I assure you he does no labor, and produces nothing. He provides ovens, licensing, contracts. Then thousands of other workers labor under him so that he can earn more money than they do, all the while complaining that he doesn't have enough money. Sickening.

And I agree with the member who said to vote with your dollars. I know I will be.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The sad truth is that greed is usually what drives successful businesses. I dont know many business owners in any industry that live in an affordable small sub division in a home that is maybe a bit small for the family. We as consumers and employees rely on their greed in hopes that maybe they open another franchise closer to home or employ our children with after school jobs. Its greed that's allowing our economy to grow. If these business men decided that its not worth it anymore and closed up shop.. what then.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

The working class have been dehumanized, IMHO, to make it easier to use them as tools. When it's just some dirtbag washing dishes or sweeping floors or making pizzas, who cares what happens to them? Give those people a face and let their human condition be shown to be just like everyone else's...then its not so easy to take away from them, or simply replace them with the next tool in line.

When it became more about absolutely maximizing profit at the expense of those that produced, that's when the middle class began to die.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Papa John needs to tell Payton Manning to quit giving away his pizza. I see this as a non issue. In the end Papa John will still get his money as long as there is demand for their pizza even if he increased the price.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join