It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back to this: Papa John and His Anger at Obama Ruining his Business

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

The economy was much better under Bush. Bush was mainly a RINO type president though.

Liberals policies have destroyed the economy. Like forcing banks to loan to people who had no business getting loans and no hope of repaying them. Then making those banks buy and sell the bad loans.

Congress was controlled by Democrats in 2006 on and everything has gone out the window since then. With the Democrats doing everything in their power to make things much worse every day since then. There have been some terrible Republican polices/agencies put in place over the years, by Nixon especially and RINOs.

When everyone has more money in their pockets to spend the economy takes off.

What's going on now is unsustainable.

And there aren't enough "rich" people to tax or even take away all of their hard earned property to permanently fix the Democrat caused mess. Take everything away once and it won't help much, then the next year everyone has nothing and we're even worse off.

Get the economy really roaring and tax receipts explode and everyone does better.

You liberals need to be deprogrammed.

Read the teachings of Milton Friedman and learn something.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ConcernedConservative

Great post, don't agree with it, but rock on, now maybe we can have a civil debate. It will have to wait for tomorrow though, as it's time to sleep off the turkey.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

You need to take a dose of your own medicine.

I hardly trust any government.

The fact is that Republicans are by far the lesser of two evils, and capitalism coupled with freedom are the answer. Liberalism is the problem.

So take your lecture directed at me and shove it.

You, like all liberals, hate the message. I could care less what liberals think. They are brainwashed drones, jealous, and lazy. They operate only on emotion. It's sad to watch them take such a huge part in taking the US to it's knees.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Thanks. Happy Thanksgiving!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I have been thinking about Papa Johns, and I like a large Works Pizza but 17$ and a skimpy pizza - we parted ways - now he has 11$ or 12$ Works Pizzas and cant sell them... I hear its not much better over at Dominoes...
Jack in the Box - McDonalds, Burger King(yuck) - and how does Carl Jr's stay open anyway >? and KFC is like 30$ for dinner ... * I believe there is going to be a crisis in Fast Food ....
remember the movie where Taco Bell won the burger wars ? .... Subways must be doing ok - we have like 5 in our small town....

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

For a second there Heff...I thought you were going to make a reference to the George Harrison break in, but French-style revolution sounds just as good!

Also to Phoenix:

This is the problem with people nowadays. They have a great idea, they present it, becomes a big hit, and when the money comes rolling in, they turn into insufferable greedy whiners. All it will take is a hit to bring them back to their humble beginings to make them see the light and maybe be grateful for what the contributed. You can see this with celebrities and watch how fast they sell out for the big buck$$.

Not saying that the public should find a way to stop buying products or support a more fair business just to do that, but people like John Schnatter should get their heads out of their @$$ (or in his case his model wife/girlfriend's ta-tas) and just do their jobs instead of building palaces.

I wouldn't be surprised if he hadn't actually made a pizza himself since he started his business, or until he became a greedy hog.

But seriously, A golf course?

Hell, I'd just flip one of those old farm houses/Victorians with all those rooms and crap and build a trampoline room and a decent indoor pool/Jacuzzi if I want luxury.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LewsTherinThelamon
It is absurd that people believe they are somehow entitled to tell another person how they have to spend their money, simply because "they earn too much."

But don't you know?... It is selfish to not want to be forced to do what the left wants...

Welcome to the brave new world... Or rather, to the new world of your everyday slave...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by toltecnightmare
"We hold these truths to be self-evident: That all men are created equal;"

The Declaration of Independance...a simple paper that the rich have all lost sight of in their pursuit of becoming kings themselves: The very things our founders declared independance against. This was supposed to be a land where all men could live like kings if they so chose to, as long as they do their part to uphold the liberties of the people who are less fortunate than they. Instead all they say is that they will leave the country with their businesses if their taxes are raised, beecause business will become unaffordable (meaning, they will have less wealth for themselves, to build their elaborate castles). When politicians bitch about ostricizing these select few by making them pay the same percentage into society as everyone else, someone should be obligated, in our media, to point out to the rest of the nation that they have lost sight of these powerful and meaningful words. All of the words were selected carefully for a purpose.
I want to see Mr. Papa John making pizzas before he crawls up onto his soapbox to proclaim anything!...and not a few, I want to see him put in a 14 houur shift, and get bitched at when payday comes about putting in too much overtime on the books. Then, I will consider this subhuman my equal....

Oh my jesus god... and I don't even believe in either. I just can't believe this. The declaration of independEnce states that all men are CREATED equal. That means we were all born as equal citizens of this country. It does NOT mean that our wealth makes us more or less equal than others. Its a huge oversight on your part. You have liberty so far backwards it isn't even funny. We don't uphold EACHOTHERS liberties. Liberty is an INDIVIDUAL right. Please tell me your kidding! And you are right, they were selected CAREFULLY for a purpose and they are meant to be understood carefully. I think with your statements I have just lost my faith in america, and not because of its ideals but because of the ignorance of the people that live here.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by toltecnightmare
"We hold these truths to be self-evident: That all men are created equal;"

The Declaration of Independance...a simple paper that the rich have all lost sight of in their pursuit of becoming kings themselves: The very things our founders declared independance against. This was supposed to be a land where all men could live like kings if they so chose to, as long as they do their part to uphold the liberties of the people who are less fortunate than they...

Obviously you haven't read, or comprehended what YOU call a "simple paper" called The Declaration of Independence...

Please do show me where it says that people who earn more than others must provide for everyone else... SHOW ME WHERE IT SAYS THAT...

You also obviously don't know that the founding fathers, and most of the nation, decided to fight not only against a King, but against his TAXES, and RULES trying to RULE EVERY PART OF A MAN'S AND WOMAN'S LIVES... Which is exactly what Obama, democrats and the left want to do, control EVERY part of a person's lives...

So next time you want to try to use the Declaration of Independence, you better do your homework AND READ IT FIRST...

edit on 22-11-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

Thank you so much for setting the record straight. People are so misguided these days and they just don't get the simple fact that the government is not a separate entity meant to take care of us, it was CREATED by us and its power today is way out of bounds. I am happy that there are like minded individuals on ATS

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

If you live in a ninety thousand dollar home - yours is not the type of gated community I am discussing. Nor was I threatening, personally, to go to war with anyone over their wealth or greed. I was, in fact, citing history and speaking in general terms.

As for me? I've been on both sides of this issue through the course of my life. I have lived, as a child, in an apartment provided by the Housing Authority - in the projects. As an adult I have owned several houses, two of which were in the kinds of communities that had private security and walls.

I'll even let you in on a secret. When I was living that life? I was a greedy, self-absorbed, unsympathetic bastard. I really was. One could argue that self-absorbed still applies - but I've risen above the other shortcomings I've just discussed.

I was an elitist. I guess in some ways I still think of myself that way. I refer to myself as an alpha male, for example, and never allow any other male to dominate or get the upper hand with me. I still utilize the body language and posturing, learned from business and some very successful people, to get my way when I need to. I a stubborn, to a fault, and will go to war, without hesitation, for the things I hold dear, love, or believe in.

So I do get it. I really do understand the mentality that I, now, argue against. In fact I might well understand it better than most who I argue against.

This pervasive notion, especially in the rhetoric on the Internet, that "liberals" are half-retarded, indigent stoners who are too infantile to understand basic concepts is one of the most annoying red herrings and bits of disinformation that I deal with here. This, in fact, is the fatal flaw of the right - their absolute and wholly cult-like belief that they cannot be wrong and that, therefore, anyone who disagrees is somehow less than they are.

I've watched as conservatism went from being an economic approach, to being an ideal, and now it has become something more along the lines of a religion. A faith based form of absolutism with no room for interpretation. It's the gospel according to Ronald Reagan and it's other, more ancient prophets, Adam Smith and Alexander Hamilton.

A religion from which I am apostate and heretic.

So all I am really saying is that this religion can do as it pleases - but it can expect that people like me will come along to nail our own theses to the doors of it's temples.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConcernedConservative

You need to take a dose of your own medicine.

I hardly trust any government.

The fact is that Republicans are by far the lesser of two evils, and capitalism coupled with freedom are the answer. Liberalism is the problem.

So take your lecture directed at me and shove it.

You, like all liberals, hate the message. I could care less what liberals think. They are brainwashed drones, jealous, and lazy. They operate only on emotion. It's sad to watch them take such a huge part in taking the US to it's knees.

None of what you said had any relevance whatsoever regarding the economy of the country. Please explain how Papa Johns healthcare costs that in his case amount to 14 cent per product sold has all that impact.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Merinda

Just shows how little you understand.

Why should any business be responsible for anyone's healthcare? Or the government?

People should be paid their wage and by their own health care/insurance.

Every post I made has everything to do with Papa John Pizza and the economy and the US constitution and Freedom!

Only a clueless liberal wouldn't get it. Read something other than the brainwashing crap that is being shoveled out in schools, Hollywood, and the old guard news. They want you to be a liberal drone and unfortunately it's working on too many people. Wake Up!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ltheghost

Originally posted by milominderbinder
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Just wait until Papa John figures out that whining like a spoiled brat means that the statistical majority of the country would rather starve to death than eat one of his crappy pizzas again.

HAHAAHAHAH You are right about that!

The great thing about pizzas is that ol' Papa John doesn't really have anything to significantly differentiate himself from the competition. I'm pretty sure that the lion's share of his customers also find pizza hut, dominos, uno's, and about 6 million other pizza joints equally yummy.

Looks like his all those people who are "out of work" can look forward to being promptly rehired delivering pizzas for somebody else, huh?

I hope the papa john's clown loses every single cent he has and winds up living under an overpass. He deserves it.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Merinda

Just shows how little you understand.

Why should any business be responsible for anyone's healthcare? Or the government?

People should be paid their wage and by their own health care/insurance.

Every post I made has everything to do with Papa John Pizza and the economy and the US constitution and Freedom!

Only a clueless liberal wouldn't get it. Read something other than the brainwashing crap that is being shoveled out in schools, Hollywood, and the old guard news. They want you to be a liberal drone and unfortunately it's working on too many people. Wake Up!

OK...I'm cool with that. Then all we have to do is either double the minimum wage OR begin regulating the maximum amount of profit that insurance companies can make in order to force the costs of coverage down, right?

Oh wait...let me guess...you ALSO have a problem with that.

There are 300,000,000+ people in America. As with ANY POPULATION OF HUMAN BEINGS ANYWHERE ON PLANET EARTH roughly 50% of this population will score BELOW 100 on an IQ test and the other 50% will score HIGHER than 100 on an IQ test. However...ALL OF THEM needs a certain amount of money for the basic necessities of life such as food, clothing, medical care, educational expenses, and transportation. SOMEBODY will be paying for it. Here are your options.

1. Force corporations to bring jobs back to the US with tariffs, taxes, trade reform, and quite literally by gunpoint if need be. Bringing back GOOD PAYING assembly-line jobs will do much for the 1/2 half of your fellow citizens who aren't particularly brilliant. Note, this doesn't JUST MEAN bringing the jobs back but probably unionizing them as well as I imagine that company XYZ will more often than not try to get away w/ paying 3rd world slave-wages.

2. You can let the companies outsource, relocate, and continue to send jobs to India and China...and then just tax their increased profits of the corporations and the profits of those who invest in them and are still being paid by them on US soil to pay for all of the social programs for the large chunks of the population who are simply unable to become software engineers, doctors, and lawyers because they may not be smart enough.

3. You can continue to refuse to acknowledge the need for social programs in the absence of having enough jobs which pay a living wage and have the taxes on corporations, the employed, and investors increase by roughly DOUBLE or TRIPLE what you would in option #2, since incarcerating a poor person costs roughly 2-3 times what feeding them and providing them w/ a free university education does.

4. Do neither of the above and let the 150 million desperate, starving humans kill your whole family while you sleep some night as they raid your house for food and valuables in order to survive. There is no animal on planet earth more dangerous than a desperate and starving human being.

Take responsibility and pick one.

No matter how much more convenient it would be for you, those 150 million of your FELLOW CITIZENS aren't going to go away.

So? Who's going to pick up the tab for their survival?

Note that any which way you look it at, it's going to result in lower profits investors and corporate executives.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Poor elitist getting spanked by his own greed.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

It's called budgeting. You don't spend money on iPhones and dinners out and fancy clothes until you budget for your health care. The best workers will make more money. The lazy lame a****S that want to do the bare minimum will earn less. That's how it works. I have no interest in being every slacker in the worlds enabling parent and nether should the government. The reality is the government doesn't care about anything about liberals except their vote.

You liberals are pathetic. ATS will probably delete that too but leave all the attack posts against conservatives. Lame!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ConcernedConservative

Wow drama queen...

Conservatives and their BS...if you don;t believe it..they then resort to name calling and basically acting like a child.

Case in point...ConcernedConservative...such a whiny little man..must have missed nap time.

This is the type of person who thinks he should have to help no one...but when needed...thinks everyone should help him/her.

I say would you like some cheese to go with your whine...

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

reply to post by milominderbinder

It's called budgeting. You don't spend money on iPhones and dinners out and fancy clothes until you budget for your health care.

Budgeting only works when you have something to budget.

The best workers will make more money.

False. In fact, the Nash Equilibrium more or less proves that the inverse is true. The VAST majority of the time substandard employees are promoted over their more driven, competent, and skilled counterparts. The reason is simple and obvious and can be mathematically quantified. The fundamental premise upon which a capitalist economy or organization is structured is that "each will act according to what they PERCIEVE to be in their own best interests". That being said...what possible interest would a hiring manager have in hiring somewhere who is MORE qualified, skilled, educated, and adept than they themselves are? Especially since corporations have long since thrown ANY semblance of loyalty to their employees out the window? A top-notch new recruit in any department whatsoever simply gives the company an opportunity to fire the longer tenured manager and replace him with a more skilled replacement for less money. Great for the company and investors...but not necessarily so hot for that middle manager. The result is the endemic incompetence you see virtually every corporation in America.

Are there exceptions? Sure...you bet. Every once in awhile a truly top-notch middle manager will understand that in order for THEM to advance they will not top-quality people to help them. Every once in awhile we see a corporation lead by a TRUE luminary like a Warren Buffet, Steve Jobs, or Elon Musk who is able to impart a culture in which the lion's share of the company strives for excellence. However...these are the rare exceptions to the rule. More often than not you get a company like Microsoft who has not been able to produce a quality operating system since 1995...yet still manages to stay in business because of the largely ignorant executives who keep choosing it again and again...even AFTER MSFT shipped Windows 2000 with FOURTEEN MILLION KNOWN coding errors. Sadly, most of the decision makers are simply not educated enough, driven enough, or intelligent enough to realize that Linux or OSX are both more cost-effective, secure, stable, and reliable in pretty much any sort of a real world deployment.

The lazy lame a****S that want to do the bare minimum will earn less.

False. Donald Trump inherited his wealth and has failed miserably at virtually every endeavor he has ever attempted except for being an obnoxious ass. Yet...amazingly...he is STILL obscenely wealthy.

That's how it works. I have no interest in being every slacker in the worlds enabling parent and nether should the government.

It doesn't matter what you have an interest in. Your opinion does not change the reality of the situation. Once again, here are your options. Pick one.

1. Force corporations to bring jobs back to the US with tariffs, taxes, trade reform, and quite literally by gunpoint if need be. Bringing back GOOD PAYING assembly-line jobs will do much for the 1/2 half of your fellow citizens who aren't particularly brilliant. Note, this doesn't JUST MEAN bringing the jobs back but probably unionizing them as well as I imagine that company XYZ will more often than not try to get away w/ paying 3rd world slave-wages.

2. You can let the companies outsource, relocate, and continue to send jobs to India and China...and then just tax their increased profits of the corporations and the profits of those who invest in them and are still being paid by them on US soil to pay for all of the social programs for the large chunks of the population who are simply unable to become software engineers, doctors, and lawyers because they may not be smart enough.

3. You can continue to refuse to acknowledge the need for social programs in the absence of having enough jobs which pay a living wage and have the taxes on corporations, the employed, and investors increase by roughly DOUBLE or TRIPLE what you would in option #2, since incarcerating a poor person costs roughly 2-3 times what feeding them and providing them w/ a free university education does.

4. Do neither of the above and let the 150 million desperate, starving humans kill your whole family while you sleep some night as they raid your house for food and valuables in order to survive. There is no animal on planet earth more dangerous than a desperate and starving human being.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join