It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell your creepy Forest Story

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

Interesting story! I remember when I was younger (high school age), there was this old, broken down mansion in town, that always had weird rumors going around about it. There were creepy stories of ghostly sightings, and tales of the owner (I think) keeping midgets as slaves, or some such craziness. Those, I always figured, were spawned by a movie I would rather forget existed. Still, the site itself was pretty creepy to visit. I walked around the ruins once, in the daytime, and was fairly creeped out. We saw grafitti, and signs that people had been up there. The weird part was when something was found there. The police found evidence that someone had been doing Satanic-type rituals there. There were various markings, and remains of animals killed in some ritual fashion. That was on the news at the time. Maybe there was a reason we were spooked visiting!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AthenaOwl27

I assume you may have been talking to me. If you where, then it was victorvill in southern California approx 6 years ago. I actually talked to one of the friends who witnessed the event and he said that he did actually see the dogs, so i guess that takes the mystery out of it lol, scary anyway tho. He said he actually jumped up on the car before getting In.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

edit on 12/31/2012 by 404ed because: (no reason given)

Accidental post. Can this be removed?
edit on 12/31/2012 by 404ed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

HA HA, yeah, I'm sure if he where around today the quote would be a lot longer and with quite a few parties listed under need of entrail hanging. good lookin out!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

That's crazy! Do you know the town that this happened in. I would love to look into this.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Blindmancc

This is in response to Blindmancc post on page 4 of this thread about the strange experience in the woods on Ft Lewis. That is where I saw the Sasquatch walk across the road, on 8th ave out of Spanaway about 4-5 miles. 8th ave, borders Ft Lewis. I found it simply impossible that the military there would not have proof of it, with all the maneuvers and night vision capabilities they have on hand there. Thanks for the story!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Not really creepy but way cool
I was out truck hunting with a buddy of mine on some old logging roads North of Sultan Ontario and we came across this clearing with several dilapidated log buildings.
He told me it was a WW2 prison camp where they had German POWs conducting logging operations.

Several years later I was talking to an old German gentleman who spent time in that camp.
He said he loved his whole time there and the experience made him decide that Canada would be his home after the war. After the war, they shipped him back to Germany and it took him 5 more years to save enough to come back.
He had been a member of the merchant marine and his ship docked in Halifax the day the war started and he and his whole crew were arrested.
When he got back to Canada, he married a Native girl and they had been married 40 years. She was a real sweety too, I met her.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Coopdog
reply to post by Blindmancc

This is in response to Blindmancc post on page 4 of this thread about the strange experience in the woods on Ft Lewis. That is where I saw the Sasquatch walk across the road, on 8th ave out of Spanaway about 4-5 miles. 8th ave, borders Ft Lewis. I found it simply impossible that the military there would not have proof of it, with all the maneuvers and night vision capabilities they have on hand there. Thanks for the story!

Interesting.....I have heard, from a relative, of other cases of Bigfoot being around military bases and other installations, and people being told to ignore them, not to interact, etc. Apparently, many feel that they do know about these things, and for some reason, are not talking.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by 404ed
Nice to see stories relating to the wilderness in Maine. I grew up in south Berwick for most of my life, and lived right next to the border of Rollingsford new Hampshire. Main st in south Berwick ends at a bridge going over the salmon falls river leading onto front street on the Rollingsford side. right after the bridge you can take an immediate right onto a dirt road called scoutland rd with a boat dock at the very begging of the trail. you can take a vehicle down it for a few min, but wont be able to go much further without a dirt bike or other off road vehicle. If i remember correctly it runs through several towns in the area and i believe the road got its name because back when my parents where younger it was used by the boy scouts to go camping and do scout stuff.

me and my friends would go there to drink and do other stuff that is legal now in two states along with swimming and enjoying nature. one night a friend, his girl and myself decide to drive down the road and park and do our thing when a very odd thing acured

the dirt road is fairly hard packed and contains no gravel so you could go along at a comfortable clip without much concern. It was as dark as the night was going to get and We had just started down the road. I was the only person in the back seat and after a good 30 seconds, I looked out the right back passenger window into the woods. Approx 6 to 10 feet into the woods i could barely see what looked like a pair of white legs (2 not 4) running in the woods along side of the car at least keeping pace with the vehicle. I super quick memory scan to try to make sense of what it was and i remembered that we have white geese in the area that are rather large and not very friendly. a few moments later something on 2 legs whitish and approx human sized darted from the same side of the road approx 8 feet in front of the vehicle and to the left side of the road. my friend didn't slow down and no one else seemed to have acted like they noticed anything leaving me wondering if my mind was wigging out on me. I let a good fifteen seconds go by until i finally said out loud, Uh..... guys? did anyone else just see that? And both my friends let out a loud simultaneous YES!

Till this day we still bring it up every so often and go over the whole event to try to understand and refresh the incident. the only thing we can agree on is that it wasn't a goose, that's for sure. not too scary in a vehicle, but had we been walking i probably would have peed myself.
wow thats cool i know that area cause i lived in newmarket nh & i used to chase trains thru berwick/ rollingsford

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by blackz28

I believe a set of tracks go directly pass the exact entrance of scout land as described in the story. It crosses the salmon falls river.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 404ed

yes its that huge iron bridge & the trail is underneath it if i remember

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
this thread rules. im gonna try to collect my thoughts on wrighting up a few exps of my own. again this thread rules

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

yep, if i did this correctly, this is a pic i took a long time ago. its a nice scenic spot.

[/URL]

edit on 1/3/2013 by 404ed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
wow it was a really foggy day?/ do you have anymore of the area ??

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Yeah, I have a few pics of the bridge right next to it, and a shot of the street as it leads to the bridge. I can post them or send them to you if interested.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I'm a child of the forest. From the earliest days of my youth I was somewhere amidst the trees.

So I probably should have some creepy forest story, but I don't.
The forest has been my safe haven for years, especially a dark forest.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I feel like this thread was made for me, as of all the odd things that happened to me in my life, my creepy forest story remains the craziest. This is in just about central Geauga county Ohio. I am an eagle scout, was in boy scouts since kindergarten, and spent hours of each day, every day, all summer in the woods, I knew the local wildlife, plants, fungi, bugs, all of it. I knew these woods like the back of my hand. The woods in this area are completely calming, harmless, pleasant forests to walk through with nothing but scampering mammals and deer... 98% of the time.

My friends and I used to traverse this stretch of forest quite often and our path was bisected by a perpendicular running stream that ran deeper into the forest. Eventually we decided to follow this stream deeper into the forest. Eventually the stream ran under a massive fallen tree, which buffeted by two large twin trees on either side, acted like the huge pillars and partial wall of some enormous natural gate. The usually reported unnatural silence was all too evident here. We immediately felt a sort of reverence and awe at this strange area and we began to notice strange things, weird punctures in the mud, as if someone was sticking dowel rods deep into the mud and pulling them out, creating little perfectly round pocks in the mud, weird little things. There were three particularly odd features though that solidified our suspicions of the place.
1) There was a large, very dense, heavy rock about the size of a man's chest in a bend of the creek. It had three parallel vertical gashes in the stone, a few inches deep, consistent among them as if they had been purposely carved. I remember perfectly my 10 year old friend saying it looked like Wolverine had just swiped his claws through the rock.
2) There was a frog, cauterized onto a log, like literally fused onto a log and the top skin of the frog had been surgically removed. I remember this incident occurring the summer following seventh grade because I had just dissected a frog the previous fall in science class. I was aware that the frog was fused to the log in this exact position: bottom fused to log, unburned skin removed from the rest of the frog, innards remained in place and fresh looking, bones were completely removed, skull, eyes, brain, basically entire head was empty though the burnt lower jaw skin remained fused to the log.
3) There was a strange pool of water next to an impossibly large boulder (for the area) which contained very bright pink spider-like larvae that swam about the water. Strangely similar to what trustfund said about anomalous pink spiders but these were aquatic and quite small. I don't recall seeing these bright pink sea monkey things in any other situation.
These anomalies as well as the general feeling of malaise this place inspired, a sense of melancholy and being unwelcome, we dubbed this area of forest "the evil place."

On one occasion, at about 13 years old, my friends and I decided to make our first night visit. We made torches using my good friend's schematic: a wooden baseball bat with a kerosene soaked toilet paper roll stuffed in a coffee can poked full of holes nailed to the top. We made six so that the three of us could have one for the way there, then light the second and make our way out. The torches didn't last long and the darkness in the area was terrifying, so we bolted before we could gather much data.

The second time, I resolved to camp overnight so the torches longevity wouldn't be an issue. My friend and I were to strike out, set up camp, light a fire, and stay up all night so as to avoid sleeping there, and bolt at dawn. We brought a tent in case we'd sleep but we intended to keep the fire going all night and sit up watching the woods. It was a horrible, sleeting evening and it took all my talents to get a fire going in the six inches of standing snow at the time. We were freezing and miserable and that was before it even got dark. As the sun went down the feeling of the place became abject hostility. We felt watched from all sides and could do nothing but nervously joke between ourselves doing our best not to observe what was going on around us, as it was a never-ending cacophony of sticks breaking, leaves dragging, and other sounds indicative of a large, nearby presence, lumbering around us. We couldn't stand it and made a night time extraction sometime after midnight. Putting out that fire and switching to flashlights was one of the more terrifying times of my life. The moments from fire out to stepping out of the "evil place's 'gate'" felt like eternity. I was absolutely convinced something was following us and that was it. I pictured the bull# stories the papers would say: "boy goes missing in woods, family suspected of foul play." They would surely not state the truth: "boy abducted by supernatural force in the forest." Nevertheless, we made it out.

We decided to go back a final time, this time ... continued next post.
edit on 18-2-2013 by guanyu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The second time we went camping we brought a camcorder, very large, bright flashlights, and a couple of weapons to help our state of mind. This was around Blair Witch so tongue-in-cheek, but also as an expression of how we really felt about this trip (read: doomed!), we filmed it in the style of a documentary. We "interviewed" each other before we set out, talked about our historical run-ins with the bizarre in the area, and explained the agenda of our trip. Then we marched to the forest, filming all the while.

We entered the forest, followed our path, diverted at the creek, got to the "gate" and went to the area where we had formerly set up camp. This area was in a depression, essentially the bottom of a very gentle pit, the creek swirled around this area in a wide arc composed of smaller squiggles, and in the middle of one squiggle, slightly elevated, at the center of the whole pit, we had set up camp. To the north was a "cliff" about ten feet high from the water level of the creek, made of dirt at an angle of about 80 degrees, this was ringed with trees. It continued around the west a bit before leveling out. To the east, the area we entered from, was the most flat of the areas, with slender trees with few low branches, so at night it appeared like dense ink with vertical, pale, tree trunks breaking up the nothingness. These two areas would reveal to be important throughout our filming.

We got to the area, and began our "second interview" where we discussed our failed previous camping attempt. As I was loquaciously describing our camping, my friend observed a deep, long, sigh-like exhale and quietly interrupted me, saying, "wait....." long and drawn out like "waaaaiiiit....." but at the time I was involved in my own bluster and ignored him. Slightly later we both heard shuffling in the east slender trees direction and swung the camera over and shut up. Nothing. We went back to talking. I was explaining "we had to run because we heard..." more noise at the slender trees, swing the camera back, nothing.... "we had to leave because we heard tons of creepy noise," like what was happening right now, "over the crest of the cliff." We panned the camera over, scanning the top of the cliff. Quickly back to the east slender trees, because there was more shuffling, twigs snapping, sounding closer, right on the path we need to take home. The whole filming consisted of talking about our experiences, while being interrupted by new ones.

After a while, our nerves were shot, we got some footage, we told our story, we felt it was time to get the f--- out. We bug out, filming all the way, discussing the events of that night and previous ones, then do our third and final "wrap interview" discussing the events of the night, what we heard, what we saw, and I iterated to my friend about how I felt the distinct feeling that this should and would be my last time going there, let alone at night. I told my friend it felt like it was moving from 'quite scary feeling' such as handling a tarantula, to 'absolute mortal danger feeling' as if I was standing before a roaring grizzly bear. That was gonna be it for me. I said all that before we even roll back the tape and watch it.

First peculiarity, as we entered the forest purple artifacts contaminated the film. It was like faint purple lightning strikes all over the periphery of the screen. It got so intense in the actual evil place as to make the screen seem covered in thick bright purple tendrils at times. This faded out as we left. It wasn't visible on the view screen at the time of filming. This was not at all present during the first and final wrap interview, which were filmed at the end of my driveway, only in the forest, particularly around "the evil place."

Second peculiarity, we heard the sighing exhale clear as day. Absolutely, clear as day, a third party beside my friend or myself exhaled deeply practically into the microphone. I was talking at the time and my friend said "wait" after it occurred. Someone else was responsible for it. He heard it at the time as well, and was vindicated in the film, so it most definitely happened.

Third, when we panned over the cliff discussing the noises we heard, a light was visible appearing near a tree on the crest of the hill. It was a solitary light about five feet up the tree, surrounded by darkness, and was little more than a pinpoint, and again, this was something that was not present at the time of filming. It appeared to be a reflection of light as off an eye, but it wasn't clear enough to tell, and there was no silhouette to be seen. Just a light appearing near the tree, and staying stationary, the same distance from the tree, as we panned around it, remaining there until it finally went off frame.

This was all the paranormal I needed, and I called it case closed, Evil Place : Confirmed, at least in my mind and I've never returned. I felt with all conviction returning again would be the death of me. In fact, I felt whatever entity I disturbed followed me home, and while I never heard or saw anything in my home, I always felt menaced by the forest around me, and both myself and my mother heard what sounded like a grown man running across the roof of our house in the middle of the night at different times, very far apart. In fact my mother didn't experience it until I had moved away to university, then one time when I visited home she said, do you remember that time you told me about the sound on the roof? I heard it, too!

I've seen all sorts of strange things during the time I lived there. Plenty of stories to tell.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by guanyu

Great story
I have to ask, what happened to the tape? It would be awesome if you could show some of the video. Can you tell us where about the forest is? Like near a lake or some landmark....it would be fun to poke around there on googlemaps. Love these stories and glad to see someone post after such a long lull. Thanks again for posting.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
You know I've experienced really weird things in my life, but I can't seem to remember anything specific that happened in a forest.

I've always had an affinity for trees and never considered any place with them as being 'creepy'.

~Tenth

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join