It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell your creepy Forest Story

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by misskat1

theres a small area that the city left as a forest to make a park, in there ive seen a light very high up in the sky that disappeared, as well my brother and i once heard rustling in a part with heavy bush but some homless people camped out near there though im not sure if that was before or after the noise

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It was 2004 on a nice warm summer night with a full moon, my 3 friends and I doing our usual routine of that time, hanging around on a friend's patio, bored. At that time the woods behind the house were dense and eventually opened up to a large empty field with a old crumbled farm house in the middle, maybe a half mile walk. We decided it would be a fun journey.

We set out through the woods, occasionally having to help one of our less agile friends through the undergrowth, twigs snapping, bushes rustling under the careless feet of our party. When we came to the opening of the large grove, we walked toward the old empty remains of the farmhouse when we heard a shriek, like a woman screaming louder than any woman can humanly scream, straight in front of us behind the house. We all froze in place, no one breathed. After a moment we all turned and took off the way we had came. As we neared the treeline we had entered from, it happened again - only this time it was right in our path. "How did it get in front of us?" we all whispered equally confused.

We must have spent an hour laying prone in the field, listening for something, anything to let us know when it was safe to move again. Eventually I broke the silence and went into the woods, followed by my friends.

Every now and then I see some of my old pals, they always bring up the night we heard the screams in the woods.
edit on 21-11-2012 by Thescripter because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2012 by Thescripter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
When I was in College in the late 70's 2 friends and I went Camping/Hiking at a place in Western Mass that we were familiar with. This time we decided to hike further than usual. And of course we were Partiers and brought booze and weed with us. We finally got to a nice area with a nice stream etc. Set up Camp and all three of us went looking for wood for the Campfire, alone. Andy and I got back to Camp before Kevin. When Kevin got back he was white as a ghost, and very shaken up. This is a guy who is happy go lucky, laughs about everything, always good humor. Anyway he told us he was going thru a small clearing and suddenly an arm came out of nowhere and blocked his way. Startled he jumped back and looked down and saw a very small grave stone with an inscription that I don't think he read, (don't recall). We tried to get him to take us to see it, but he wouldn't. He didn't really cheer up much as we ate, talked, boozed it up and hit the hay in the tent.

In the middle of the night we heard the weirdest sound, I never heard anything like it, repetitive. It went on and on for a couple of hours, nobody slept and we couldn't see anything with our flashlights.

The next morning when we got up, it started again briefly. We found it. Up in a leafless tree at the very top was a porcupine....weird. Here is close to what it sounded like.

-ug
edit on 21-11-2012 by ugmold because: Looks like youtube vid is entered twice?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I LOVE all of these stories! Im going deer hunting in the morning so I probably should stop... Lol hopefully Ill never have a creepy experience in the woods. I'm a scardey cat as is.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I grew up in central Virginia, next to a large forested area. My friends and I began exploring the woods when I was in 5th grade (they were in the 6th/7th grades). We would hike along the creeks, up and down creekbeds and small ravines. We all joined the Civil Air Patrol which is an Air Force Auxilary specializing in search and recovery, and is like an Air Force-themed Boy Scouts organization. The point is, we were VERY experienced forest hikers. We would wear battle dress uniforms, combat boots, web-gear. In the winter time when it snowed, ripped-cut white sheets would help us blend in even more. We brought canteens, provisions, boot knives, machetes, Daisy 840 bb guns, etc. You get the idea.

We hiked miles and miles out into different areas of the expanse, getting to know the region very well over the years. I even led a few "adventure trails" where we'd cross on logs over the creek far below. My friends even convinced me to lead them on a full moon/nighttime course. After our eyes adjusted, it was much brighter than I imagined. We *never* once came across a water moccassin, copperhead, wild boar, bear or anything dangerous. We weren't afraid of hiking in the dark. I was perfectly comfortable hiking alone in the woods, and did so in the nearby woods.

My friends had graduated high school, and I was about to leave for the Air Force. I went into the woods that last summer at home to experience the forest one last time before leaving. For years, this would be the last time I went into that forest alone because of what happened.

I was very close to home, in the area I first entered into the forest way back in 5th grade. I was on my way out of the woods along a route that paralled a long row of the backyards of homes that ran up against the woods. Most yards were fenced. A large dog in one yard kept barking in my direction. Having played many wargames in the woods with friends, I was inclined to see if I could sneak by the dog, being still in the woods, as a sort of challenge. So, I waited for the dog to stop barking so I could continue my stealthy path back home. I was next to a tree that had been struck by lightning or just splintered, --about 10ft up, the trunk had splintered and had fallen; this happened some time ago. I was hiding in the area next to the tree and under the fallen part, again, it had "bent" about 10ft up, so there was plenty of room.

The dog kept barking. After a while, I began to grow board and took another look at the persistent hound. I then noticed something: it was not barking in my direction. Since I'd hidden immediately upon the start of its barking, I hadn't noticed that it wasn't barking at me. It was barking at something where I'd been, behind me, past me. I grew uneasy. I'd never felt this way before. I grew so uneasy, I decided to give up on the stealth game of sneaking past the dog. I stood up and continued through briar patches in a route straight to my house. As I got about thrity yards from where I'd been hiding, under the fallen part of the tree (dog still barking toward there), the fallen section (10ft up from the ground) *fell down.* Had I been still there, waiting for the dog to stop barking, it probably would have crushed me to death.

What caused this part of the tree to fall at that time? I don't know. I also don't know what the dog was barking at. Did something farther back in the woods come to be where I'd been hiding and cause the tree to fall somehow? This spooked me so strongly that it was years before I went back into those woods, and it wasn't deep into the woods and it wasn't alone. I still have not returned alone into those woods to this day. Part of me is enthralled by those woods, though, and I still have a strong desire to return to the woods --with friends.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I've been caught up in a few "forest bushes" before. Some have been dark, overgrown and quite scary, others have been more appealling and well tendered. Sometimes, a bush has staired at me with such intensity it has voluntarily invited me to navigate it's centre, and other times the bush has provided me with a scent so wicked that it has made me want to run the other way.

The mysteries of the bush are forever being deciphered and one day, man will prevail over it's secrecy

The bush can be quite scary!!

Peace!

snf

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
My scariest event in the woods was at Catoctin State Park backin the 80s. Us kids got distracted running off after some wild turkeys. We were suburbanites and had never seen a real turkey before. We stumbled upon Camp David and a couple of sour soldiers with big guns. Yikes. 😳

Woods have always been comforting to me. It's civilization that is scary!

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
One night camping in the woods, we kept on hearing a voice say I can see you in a high pitch tone, like a kids voice.
We heard it in different places, not just one place. We were obviously crapping it as the place we were in was supposedly haunted. It was too dark to go back, so we just stayed.
We sat there in silence and every time we heard a noise, we just looked at ourselves with TSHTF look.
I was about 14 then.
Next morning I went to lay one by a tree and I heard the voice call out the same thing I can see you, right behind me. I jumped and turned around and found a regiment of soldiers laughing there heads off.
They'd been messing with us all night. Not cool!
But funny.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tawewe

2nd line

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tawewe
I've been caught up in a few "forest bushes" before. Some have been dark, overgrown and quite scary, others have been more appealling and well tendered. Sometimes, a bush has staired at me with such intensity it has voluntarily invited me to navigate it's centre, and other times the bush has provided me with a scent so wicked that it has made me want to run the other way.

The mysteries of the bush are forever being deciphered and one day, man will prevail over it's secrecy

The bush can be quite scary!!

Peace!

snf

The Bush can be quite scary!!......... Especially if it's president.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Two things come to mind:

First -
The book: Missing 411 by David Paulides. Absolutely interesting from so many angles. I recommend it to everyone I know. In fact, I recommended it to my father-in-law this evening and he was quiet for a few minutes, then shared a 'sighting' he had in North Texas regarding a 7'+ upright hairy man he saw walk past a few elevated windows about 20 years ago; then he got goosebumps and quit talking about it.

Second -
A scientific explanation of why we are terrified of the dark, of images inside our heads of predators, and of what goes bump in the night. This is sound logic and is backed by many anthropological biologists and ecologists, with regards to the linear evolution/adaptation of Humans and Neanderthals.

Them and Us: Profile of a Super Predator
www.youtube.com...

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Not my story, it's my Dad's.

Around 20 years ago, when we still had our own cattle, one of the cows had to be put down. So, after a shot to the head, and a cut to the throat (to ensure it was dead, so an injured cow wouldn't be wandering around), Dad hauled it off to a heavily wooded track of land that we owned and dumped the carcass. A few days later, he was cutting wood near where he dumped the carcass and noticed it was gone. No bones, hair, or pieces left, not even a blood stain, just smashed down grass where the carcass was. Coyotes and other vermin would leave hair and bones. Wild pigs will eat everything, but there were none in the area at the time, and there was literally nothing left. My dad is a pretty stoic guy, and doesn't scare easily, but he is still a little spooked over the whole ordeal and never liked that particular piece of land, always said it feels like you're being watched, and I can attest to that, as it does feel that way. They are very dense woods, and few people have ever been back there. Even at noon on a clear day, very little light makes it back there. Several people, myself included, have encountered bad feelings and strange creatures back there.

Once, about 5 years ago, I was hunting back there. It was around 5 AM and I was making my way to the tree I planned to spend the morning in, in hopes of getting a deer. My tree was on the edge of a clearing in the middle, that has no trees and is about 20yds by 40yds. I had just gotten to my tree, and was about to climb up, when I heard a stick break, hoping for a deer, I chambered and round and aimed towards the sound. I saw a sillouhette of something on two legs, about eight feet tall. It was still dark, and I couldn't quite make out what it was. With an earsplitting roar, it started lumbering towards me, still on two legs. I was terrified, thinking maybe a bear, which are rare, but not unheard of in my neck of Oklahoma. I fired over it's head, but it kept coming, so I shot it 3 times with my .303 at about 30yds. It fell, got back up, and ran into the woods two-legged. Thinking I'd accidentally shot another hunter, I tracked after it for the next three hours as fast as I could, following the trail of blood and low, broken, tree branches. I lost it when I got to a creek, and couldn't find any tracks or blood on the other side. So, with wet, freezing boots, I made my way back to the truck, and went into town, to the deer tag station. I found a Game Warden and told him what happened. He accompanied me back to where it happened, but it had started to rain, we worked fast, tracking what was left of the blood trail, but didn't get far before we lost it, so we went on my memory, up to the creek again. We crossed the creek, but couldn't find any sign of any people or large animals on the other side, and after calling and searching for another hour, we were about to cross the creek, and head back to where we'd parked the trucks when we found another hunter. We asked him if he'd seen anything, but he hadn't even seen any other hunters on that side of the creek, he did say he heard what sounded like a bear, but never saw it. Anyway, I gave the Game Warden my information, so he could contact me if needed, but no missing hunters were ever reported, no hunters had been shot that day, and nobody reported any bear carcasses to Fish and Wildlife.

It was probably a bear, but I've never heard of a bear fleeing on it's hind legs. Either way, that's my weird woods story.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Myself, my older cousin, and both of our brothers were staying in a Scottie camper my Dad had parked next to our home in the country. We decided to 'camp' out there while our parents went into Austin to a comedy club. My parents house is built in the middle of no where about 12 miles southwest of Wimberley, Texas.

We were in there playing dominos, all four of us. My older cousin noticed the handle to the door, which was behind me was pulling downward. His eyes got real wide as he motioned me to 'look.' I stood up, as our little brothers took notice and backed to the furthest corner of the camper. My cousin yelled "Steve are you messing with us?" as he addressed what he thought was my Dad (his Uncle Steve). Nothing was said on the other end and the door handle was back to it's normal place. We started to laugh, nervously. BAM! The door handle twisted downward and the door swung open so violently that it hit the side of the camper and slammed back shut.

In a panic, my older cousin and I swung the door back open, and he went left and I went right. We circled the camper twice and never saw a thing. Within a minute, we were back inside my parents house, huddled in the living room and trying to call our parents.

To this day, we all tell the same story. It happened about 15 years ago when we were around 10 or so, with our little brothers being about 7. My parents home has always had weird things occurring in it. It was built by my folks in '94 and is about a mile from a place called 'Stage Coach Stop' in Fischer, TX that has a history of hauntings and other phenomena. Interestingly enough, phenomena at my parents house has mostly surrounded my brother and my mom, more than my dad and myself. My brother has faucets turn out around him, regardless of where he's at, as well as sees things from time to time. My mom believes in supernatural things, but is smart enough to explain most everything to herself...except one incident where she saw something come around a corner, upside down, and about 20' from the floor in the house...that's a touchy subject around her even now 6-8 years after.

There's countless episodes where I was terrified in the woods though. I've hiked by myself all over TX, NM< and CO and out of all of those places, the times I felt I was being watched the most were on the opposite end of my parents neighborhood from where their house is at. I used to build huts and forts as a kid, and was always drawn to stare at certain parts of the woods...then heard a noise when I was about 13 and have always feared that part of the woods since.

Recently, my Dad was alone in the driveway one late evening and heard a sound that he described to me that closely matched the sounds i heard. A chesty, howl, unlike any mountain lion or bear we've ever heard before. My Dad's from Alaska and has a solid understanding of the largest animals and predators in North America; as do I. This sound, was unreal...absolutely petrifying. Whatever type of animal it was, we've heard it twice now in a period of 20 years. So it's rare, but it's definitely not a once in a lifetime event. The next time, we're hoping to have an idea of what to do, as we continue to research...this most recent incident has got myself, my dad, and my brother reading a lot of information on cryptozoological animals and reports of such.

There's definitely something else out there that we don't know, or don't want to know about.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

So do you think it may be a bigfoot?

2nd line

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I was training my team in perimeter defense at a training site linked to Fort Lewis Washington. I had shown my team the training area where they were to maneuver, camp and set up a defense for and then left them to themselves till the sun went down.
They knew that I and another NCO would be testing them through the night.
During the night they moved their camp to another spot in the training area boundaries, they did this to throw us off their location and defensive perimeter.....It was a good plan. They also put trip flares with trip wires all around their former camp site.
I bring all this up because it adds to the strangeness of what happened that night.
When I go stealth and move to infiltrate my ankle's are nearly bare, as I moved into their original camp I was very suspicious of the lack of sound. Either they had maximum sound discipline, which I would have praised them for, or nobody was there. As I moved in it was pitch black with only a glimmer on the horizon. I could not see but I found a trip wire and disarmed the flare. Realizing no one was there I sat back and listened. I do not know how long it was but I herd through the trees someone handling their M16; it has a definite plastic sound when held to tightly. I moved through the bush and tree towards the sound, I realized they were about 100 yards out and the silence of the night was perfect for me to hear enough to move towards them. Suddenly I heard footsteps coming through the woods directly at me so I stood up against a large tree for concealment on the opposite side. I knew that the team did not have night vision capabilities, so I felt assured I was very concealed.
The sound of the foot falls came closer until they reached the tree and when they did they stopped just on the other side.
I had the worst feeling of something peering around the tree and looking at me, but it was to dark I could not see anything. Thinking I had been found I slipped my M16 (With Blanks) on full auto and fell out of my position. I sprayed the other side of the tree but saw nothing in the flash. I rolled down to the ground and then in the dark I fell back into a large bush which folded nicely around me. I felt sure that in the dark my relocation was successful and my location was unknown. I listened and oddly enough there was no reaction to my automatic fire. The foot falls started up again and just walked away.
I once again moved towards where I thought the team was. I found them, I identified their perimeter and then infiltrated. They were quiet and some were sleeping (Those not on the perimeter). I Could not figure why they were not on alert considering the one sided firefight I had just been in. After a few simulated silent kills and a fire fight with their perimeter, I called a kings x, to find out why things happened the way they did.
They asked how I found them; I explained the M16 handling noise and the importance of sound proofing all aspects of the weapon. Then I asked why weren't you ready for me, I fired a full magazine of blanks not more the 30 yards away. They said they never heard a thing, and as I looked everyone was present.
I understand it could have been a range controller or even other things I heard walking through the woods. But I don't understand how no one, not even their perimeter defense heard the shots. They knew I was coming sometime that evening and they were ready, but they didn't hear a thing.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch
Not my story, it's my Dad's.

Around 20 years ago, when we still had our own cattle, one of the cows had to be put down. So, after a shot to the head, and a cut to the throat (to ensure it was dead, so an injured cow wouldn't be wandering around), Dad hauled it off to a heavily wooded track of land that we owned and dumped the carcass. A few days later, he was cutting wood near where he dumped the carcass and noticed it was gone. No bones, hair, or pieces left, not even a blood stain, just smashed down grass where the carcass was. Coyotes and other vermin would leave hair and bones. Wild pigs will eat everything, but there were none in the area at the time, and there was literally nothing left. My dad is a pretty stoic guy, and doesn't scare easily, but he is still a little spooked over the whole ordeal and never liked that particular piece of land, always said it feels like you're being watched, and I can attest to that, as it does feel that way. They are very dense woods, and few people have ever been back there. Even at noon on a clear day, very little light makes it back there. Several people, myself included, have encountered bad feelings and strange creatures back there.

Once, about 5 years ago, I was hunting back there. It was around 5 AM and I was making my way to the tree I planned to spend the morning in, in hopes of getting a deer. My tree was on the edge of a clearing in the middle, that has no trees and is about 20yds by 40yds. I had just gotten to my tree, and was about to climb up, when I heard a stick break, hoping for a deer, I chambered and round and aimed towards the sound. I saw a sillouhette of something on two legs, about eight feet tall. It was still dark, and I couldn't quite make out what it was. With an earsplitting roar, it started lumbering towards me, still on two legs. I was terrified, thinking maybe a bear, which are rare, but not unheard of in my neck of Oklahoma. I fired over it's head, but it kept coming, so I shot it 3 times with my .303 at about 30yds. It fell, got back up, and ran into the woods two-legged. Thinking I'd accidentally shot another hunter, I tracked after it for the next three hours as fast as I could, following the trail of blood and low, broken, tree branches. I lost it when I got to a creek, and couldn't find any tracks or blood on the other side. So, with wet, freezing boots, I made my way back to the truck, and went into town, to the deer tag station. I found a Game Warden and told him what happened. He accompanied me back to where it happened, but it had started to rain, we worked fast, tracking what was left of the blood trail, but didn't get far before we lost it, so we went on my memory, up to the creek again. We crossed the creek, but couldn't find any sign of any people or large animals on the other side, and after calling and searching for another hour, we were about to cross the creek, and head back to where we'd parked the trucks when we found another hunter. We asked him if he'd seen anything, but he hadn't even seen any other hunters on that side of the creek, he did say he heard what sounded like a bear, but never saw it. Anyway, I gave the Game Warden my information, so he could contact me if needed, but no missing hunters were ever reported, no hunters had been shot that day, and nobody reported any bear carcasses to Fish and Wildlife.

It was probably a bear, but I've never heard of a bear fleeing on it's hind legs. Either way, that's my weird woods story.

What did the roar sound like? My Dad and I have both heard something like a roar here in South Central Texas. A bear NEVER RUNS on two legs, period. They're hips don't allow them to run like we do on two legs, upright. They can stand and walk a bit, but running as defined by a human like yourself, is not something they can do.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I used to live in a house with a large wood (called "The Woods" locally) behind it. This place never ceased to amaze me in terms of what one could experience:

1. I once had a man drive up in a truck in the woods, and offered me a candy bar (I was 10 at the time - I suspect he offered it so I wouldn't run back to the police, as he was trespassing).

2. Spread out in various places there were several "Indian mounds" as I called them. Basically, these "mounds" were piles of dirt that I'd find in the weirdest of places (such as in the middle of a section of old-growth trees). I would occasionally dig into a few of these, as I was sure there was something buried there. The only thing that I would discover was that some of them contained small stones, like a cairn. There were also no anthills or burrow entry holes nearby, which still intrigues me. Last time I went out there, most of them were still there.

The one experience that truly left me shaken was psychologically terrifying.

Basically, when I was a little older (about 14-15), I decided to venture into "unknown" territory (a place marked out by private property signs). I went in with no problems, and explored quite a bit. I was walking south, and eventually, I came to a farmer's corn field, which was my cue that I went too far.

As I was walking "back" in the direction I had come from, I noticed that the trees looked slightly different from when I came in. I was also aware of how silent the place was - I was the only thing making a sound (this was in the summer). Now, it should be said that I am the only one in my family that can "sense" true North, even if I'm lost. So, I closed my eyes, and let my "sense" of North point me in the right direction. It could be that there was a strong magnetic field in the area, or my eyes were confusing my brain, but the direction I was being pointed in was wrong - almost as if my sense was being "overridden" by something else.

I started running, because I "thought" that something was watching me - and coming closer to me. Suddenly, I could see a landmark; A really large tree next to my house. I kept running & scratching myself, because nothing was making sense. To make matters worse, the "thing" seemed to be still following me. Finally, it dawned on me that I was going east, instead of north - the tree I had been spotting was the deep part of the woods, where most of us "adventurous" kids stay away from (I was told stories about that place that gave it a creepy feeling). Finally, I made it to "The Field" (another local name for a large field near my house), and looked back - nothing was there, and to all appearances, nothing was following me.

Note on the above: What I went through was similar to the panic that sets in when a camper, hiker, or even an ordinary person is lost. In my case, I thought that I was being followed, and even my sense of direction was gone, and had I followed what I thought was "north", I would've gotten myself lost further.

Also, I did note that my sense of "north" did change on the second and third time I went exploring in the same area - the second time was a year later, and the third was in the winter of that year. It's hard to describe the "pulling" feeling that I felt on my first attempt (the story above) - best way I can describe it was as if I was being "commanded" to go in this direction. At the time, I confused it with sensing north (and thought that everyone else could sense north as well).

Was it paranormal? Might be - Or it could just be my 14-15 year old self psyching out over being "lost" in the woods.

NOTE2: I am 22 now, so the "When I was a little older..." part should be read as "when I was a little older than 10...".
edit on 21/11/2012 by fossilera because: no reason

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88

2nd line

I'm not going to tell you what you may or may not have seen/witnessed, but I will recommend that you read the Missing 411 book, as well as watch the youtube video I posted. I used to be on the fence, but no longer is that the case. I just can't 'explain away' the vastness of these occurrences, the sounds that I've heard, nor the scientific factual history of predation by Neanderthals on Humans.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
In 1970, my fiancé and I decided on a whim to drive from the University of Idaho over to the Washington coast and go camping over spring break. We borrowed a tent from a friend and drove all day and decided to spend the night at Kalaloch Campground. There was only one other camper who left later as a storm started to blow in. We piled into the tent as the storm intensified. Now when I say it got pretty scary let me underscore that by saying the waves pounding the beach were so loud you had to yell to be heard. The trees were cracking and groaning in the fierce wind and we could hear the crashing of limbs falling. Then the wind and rain blew through one wall and out the other side of my friend’s tent, that he assured us was water proof. We were getting really wet in the tent so I made the command decision to move into the VW bug. Well anyone who has ever ridden in one knows they are not very spacious so I being the bigger body got into the passenger side. We were so tired we did finally fall asleep in the midst of the storm and the violent shaking of the car.

Sometime during the night I felt my car door open and I fell out on my back. (I don't know if I actually fell out of the car.) I was laying on the ground looking up at three human figures that were looking down at me. The storm was gone and it was absolutely still and I could see a starry night. I was looking at the heavens through these transparent figures. I could just see the white outlines of their features. They were tall and thin and dressed in Native American clothing so I assumed they were Indians. The tallest one stood in the middle of the other two and wore a more elaborate headpiece of feathers. They never spoke a word that I could remember but I felt no fear and strangely just the opposite. I felt safe and felt the experience as if they were somehow showing me affirmation. Literally that they were proud of me. I know that sounds very strange but I don’t know how to describe it any other way. I suddenly awoke to my startled fiancé asking me what was wrong . I knew if I told her she would not be able to go back to sleep and would want to leave immediately. I sensed we were completely safe and would actually be watched over.

Early the next morning we awoke and she immediately wanted to know what had happened and I told her. She said she was awakened by the sound I made. She said it was strange not like a scream of horror or fear but more like a gasp of awe. I barely remember the sound I made but it did seem to be what she described.

She wanted to just pack up and move on without breakfast. We had to lift large limbs out of the way to get out of the campground. I thought to myself it was a miracle neither we nor the car were hit. So we headed south along the coast passed a car on the side of the road . A short time later we came upon a couple walking along the road. It had been their car that was broken down so we offered to give them a ride to a relative’s house. They asked us what we were doing and we told them we were on spring break and had camped at Kalaloch that night in the storm.

They both then exclaimed with surprise and some horror when they found out where we had camped. We said why what's wrong with that other than the storm? They then related to us that the campground was allegedly an Indian burial ground and that the locals would never stay there because of things that were reported to happen there. He said they were referred to by the early white men as the stick Indians because they were tall and thin.

That is when my fiancé blurted out OMG tell them what happened. I then proceeded to tell them my story. They both kept remarking how scary it was to stay there overnight. As we arrived at their destination they both exclaimed that we were very lucky to have gotten out of there unscathed. To this day my experience has never scared me. I have always thought of it in awe and felt privileged that I had seen what I had seen.
edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xterrain

Originally posted by BobM88

2nd line

I'm not going to tell you what you may or may not have seen/witnessed, but I will recommend that you read the Missing 411 book, as well as watch the youtube video I posted. I used to be on the fence, but no longer is that the case. I just can't 'explain away' the vastness of these occurrences, the sounds that I've heard, nor the scientific factual history of predation by Neanderthals on Humans.

I'm sorry, maybe I wasn't clear in what I was asking...what I was asking you was do you think what YOU saw was a bigfoot?

Edit: I'll watch the youtube...about neanderthals? hmm...ok...I guess I'll get it when I watch it?
edit on 21-11-2012 by BobM88 because: .

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join