It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell your creepy Forest Story

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I think I might have been the weirdo once... I was bird hunting with my brother in law in his Jeep in Northern Maine, we were cruising down a dirt road going from one hunting spot to another, and we saw a guy and girl off the side of the road with a shovel digging in the dirt. My BIL says "Hey, that's my buddy Jim," he flies up to them, skidding sideways to a stop, jumps out and yells "Hey, who you burying?" They looked at us in disbelief and I'm sure they heard banjos playing - turns out it wasn't his buddy, just two people trying to clear out the end of a driveway into their woodlot. The look on their faces was priceless!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I guess this could go under this topic.....when I was 17, i was at my friends house. We would sit on her bed and and look out the window and talk and try to find a ride to town. She lived in the middle of the sticks, you couldn't see any of her neighbors. It was a dark summers night and we were sitting there. There was a large oak tree in the corner of the yard. A large figure dropped out of the tree and ran diagonally across the yard towards the window we were sitting in. I screamed and we jumped up and got her uncle and older brother. They ran outside like 30 seconds after we seen this figure. They searched and searched and never found anyone.

Another time when I was 20 or so, i was up north with my friends older brother, we're married. We were at his familys cabin with 30 other family members. This cabin is in the Huron national forest and is in a very desolate area. It is 7 or so miles from the closed wurtsmith airforce base which has alot of paranormal activity. We along with 6 or so other people walked into the woods along a trail around 10 pm. When we got to where 4 trails crossed, we looked down the trail towards an old bombing range. Probably 5 miles down above the trees there was a large glowing fire looking light. It looked as if there was a fire on the top of the trees. If it had been a fire, we would have seen the forest service going down the road and would have smelled something considering how large this was. Since this was the national forest no one lived out there plus it was in the air above the trees. I got an erie feeling and ran back to the house freaking out.

Not sure what we seen on both occasions but it freaked me out.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I think I'll go ahead and chime in here.
Throughout my years of forest exploring I've never had any extraordinarily creepy experiences honestly. The only thing that even comes close to being creepy is what happened to me yesterday.

I took my home made skateboard (I call it the Nature Board) out for a spin and as I approached my former middle school I noticed a huge sign with some odd writing (English words but very out of place for this area) that had been dumped in the forest near the school. I was intrigued so I headed over with my board to take a look. As I'm entering the forest a very strange unidentifiable creature jumps out of the shrubs super quickly and just begins to skip away. I had never witnessed anything like it. It was quite strange.

Normally in a situation like this I would have freaked out and ran but by some miracle I managed to keep my composure. I think the Nature Board made me feel safe. That thing is like a deadly weapon with it's many sharp points.
At this point though I just began to walk back home instead of continuing on to check out the peculiar sign. I didn't want to accidentally run into another one of these odd creatures while down there.

Well there you have it. That's my story. Not exactly creepy compared to the others in this thread but I still thought it was pretty cool.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LegendaryPotato

Details, man! What did it look like?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
hey potato , you should have checked out the sign after you chased it

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Well I didn't get to get a detailed look at it. It was very very fast unfortunately.

The details that I do know about it though is that it was animal like but it walked on two feet like humans do and it skipped away exactly as a human would have except with more of a rhythm to it's step. It was brown, hunchbacked, and looked wrinkly. It was no more than 3 feet tall at the most.

blackz28
hey potato , you should have checked out the sign after you chased it

I would have but like I said, I really didn't want to risk seeing another one of the weird creatures since I didn't know what it was.

edit on 7-10-2013 by LegendaryPotato because: Grammatical errors

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
There was an old cannery about 30 minutes from my house that has been abandoned for 50 years. I say was because I don’t know if it’s there anymore because the county has barricaded the road now for 8 years.

The area was known as hells gates and we always wanted to go out there at night but was to scared. In that same area there is a place called gravity hill where you can put your car in neutral and your car rolls up hill.

One weekend we decided to go out there and visit the old cannery. We park in front of it and explore for a few minutes, Mind you, it’s in the middle of nowhere and there were no other cars around. We head back to the car and start talking when something catches my eye on the roof. I look up and I see this thing, standing up and looking down at us.

The shadow looked like the alien from the movie signs when the alien was standing on the roof. I’m watching it thinking it’s my eyes playing tricks on me. I look to my buddy and point up at the shadow saying, “what the F*** is that”. the moment I say it my buddy looks up and the shadow makes a sudden movement rushing the corner of the roof. We scream like little girls and run in the car and take off speeding away. Never went back since. lol

edit on 9-10-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

MXLord327
404ed - I probably know you! I grew up in South Berwick as well, work in Rollinsford, and drive right past the Scoutland entrance every day, small world!!!

HA

Never thought I would run into someone from my town on ATS. Small world indeed. Check your messages when you get the chance.

edit on 10/10/13 by 404ed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 404ed

I saw your message, but it would not let me reply. Sounds like I am about 15 years older than you.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Pressthebutton

Haha I sometimes get freaked out when out solo bowhunting. I was recently out hunting between the Monaro plains and NSW south coast and camping on a property that was heavily wooded. I was in my hammock that night and was awoken by what sounded like a woman screaming in the distance. Now there is no one out on this property, it's 30kms from the nearest town Nimmitabel and right on the border of the Glenbog State Forest.
So I'm laying in my hammock going WTF is that, it really did sound like a woman screaming in terror. So I got out of the hammock to take a wizz and listening to this screaming while releaving myself, I was thinking, "I think that is an owl of somesort."
I've been out camping in the forest many times over the years and heard wierd stuff, always turned out to be an animal so I wasn't really concerned, except for the inital being woken out of sleep after a long day tracking deer and thinking EEP!
I dropped into a mates place on the way back to Canberra the next day, we looked it up in a book on Australian birds and yep, there is an owl (quite rare) that only lives in southeastern NSW that has a shriek that sounds just like a woman screaming. Hope I hear it again!

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

crawdad1914
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Thanks for the kind words! No ill effects from the experience for myself or the boys.

Good to hear! Sorry the reply took so long - major computer issues the last couple of weeks.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
To all that posted the last couple of pages, thanks for the stories - nice to see this thread is still going!

I have always loved forests, and still do, but some of these stories could make a person think before being in one.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Hi, ATS-ers

Usually I’m just a lurker, I enjoy these threads very much, but today I’d like to share with you what happened to me yesterday and ask for help with identifying an object. The whole thing unnerved me and I just want to know, out of curiosity. I coudn’t think of a better place to ask, as you, people, seem to know a lot about things
It happened in a forest, so I think it fits this thread

Let me start by making two things clear:
1. I don’t think that this event was of paranormal nature. On the contrary – I think it has a perfectly rational explanation and I’d be delighted to find it

2. We were not trespassing. This was a public ground, there was no fence, no boards/plates or any other indications that this could be private property.

As for a little background information – this happened in Poland; the regulations regarding guns are quite strict here and it’s not a very common thing for people to shoot at each other at random
But I don’t want to spoil the story.

I also need to add that this happened while we were geocaching. For those of you who are not familiar with it – it’s a kind of outdoor activity, the main idea is to look for containers hidden in different places by other players, using a GPS receiver. Those containers are called „geocaches”. People often go geocaching with their families, including small kids, as the game is educative (there is usually a description of the location provided, giving details about the history of the place etc.) and fun at the same time (like a treasure hunt).

Yesterday I had the afternoon off, so on the spur of the moment I decided to go geocaching, because I want to complete my goal (1000 finds) by the end of the year. I don’t like to go alone, as the caches are sometimes located in secluded areas and I’ve already had some unpleasant experiences, so I asked my mom (who also had some free time on her hands) to go with me and she agreed. We decided to go for a walk and look for some geocaches at the same time. We drove to the southern part of our city, to look for a cache which was hidden near a gorge in a woody area (there is also a residential area with fancy houses nearby).

Let me give a brief description of the place where the cache was hidden: there is a dirt road, and on one side of it there is a high, steep slope with a house and some trees on top. On the opposite side of the road there is a vast, flat meadow/swamp with some shrubbery and trees as well, bordering with fields and other meadows. The cache was supposed to be hidden in the trunk of a fallen tree lying on the meadow near the road.

It was very cloudy and cold and the GPS receiver was going crazy, so it took us quite a while to locate the proper area. We were just minding our own business, that is – the geocache, leaning over, looking for the container somewhere on the ground level. Everything was calm and still, we were the only people in sight. Suddenly, a large number of birds started making a huge racket in the trees behind me. I was about to say that apparently we had woken them, when that thing – whatever it was – was shot in our general direction from behind my back, without any warning at all.

It traveled over our heads, in a straight line parallel to the ground, making a loud, whizzing sound. It was very small, invisible to the naked eye, but both of us were later able to determine the direction it came from and where it was headed. It traveled across the road and disappeared into the slope on the other side. Now that I think of it, it seems that it was moving quite slow for a bullet – but I’m not sure about that. It didn’t explode upon hitting the slope or anything like that; it was still invisible, but I guess it must have hit the slope as it was traveling in a straight line and had nowhere else to go.

Well, I’m not a scaredy cat, but I was so startled (to say the least) that at first I couldn’t realize what had just happened or do anything else except for shouting some expletives. It also scared the living daylights out of my mom, who started to freak out. We decied to get the heck out of there. There was still nobody else in sight, we didn’t even know exactly where that thing came from. If it was just a blast, a sound of explosion, we probably wouldn’t mind it, as kids here like to play with firecrackers, especially now, as the New Year’s Eve draws near and they need to practice before the big day
But the fact that it went right over our heads, so close to us, was really scary. Whatever it was, I wouldn’t like it to collide with my head. And the fact that it was shot from behind my back… Well, psychopats have no decency these days

There were no other witnesses except for the two of us (even though the area is usually crowded with people walking their dogs and riding bikes, but that was a working day and the weather was lousy). We also didn’t look for that "bullet"/thing on the slope, we just wanted to get away from the area.

Upon arriving there we noticed two bikes left in the bushes nearby, but they were old, rusty and damaged and it seemed as if they had been dumped there a long time ago. So I don’t suppose that someone arrived on them just before us.

So, basically this would be my question, out of curiosity: have you got any idea what that thing could have been, basing on my description? Tiny object, traveling a bit slower than a bullet (but I’m not sure about that really), making a loud whizzing sound. I know it’s not too much information for a start, but perhaps it rings a bell? Some kind of a firecracker? My guess would be a bunch of dumb kids trying to give us a fright, but I still have no idea what that thing could be. Anyway, they sort of succeeded. Today it doesn’t seem as scary as it was yesterday and perhaps I’m making too much fuss over it, but anyway, I’m not used to such situations and it unnerved me a bit.

Thank you for reading this & sorry for making it so long and for all the possible mistakes (English is not my native language)
misskat1 - great thread, thanks!
edit on 5/12/2013 by Yuriko because: I forgot to mention that there was no smoke, while firecrackers usually leave a trail of smoke

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Many years ago around 02:00 hrs while on a night Sea trout session i was walking to a run further upstream when i though i heard a Child giggle. I stopped to listen for a bit..Nothing, so i started to walk and my mind started to go into overdrive as it does.
I walked another 40/50 yards and i hear it again only this time much louder, I froze on the spot, scanned the area with my flashlight for a good couple of minutes..Nothing.

Started walking again when I caught something move out of the corner of my eye. i stopped, flashed the light and sure enough, there was a Child, Maybe around 3' in height wearing jeans and a hooded top around 30 yards away, she..when i say she, it sounded like a she to my ears..She Had her back to me..
I stopped shone the flashlight on her and asked her if she was ok, stupid question really as it was 2 in the morning in the middle of Nowhere.
She said something that i could quite make out, as i started to walk closer to her she started sobbing, i could see her shoulder move up and down, then she asked if i was her daddy...what the Faaaaaaaaaaa...

I froze to the spot. and shouted at her if she had lost her Family..Hey, i was scared out my pants at this point..i consider myself to be a Manly man, but on this evening i'm not afraid to admit that i reached for my knife and was not afraid to use it...

I asked her again if she was lost and where was her family...she again asked if i was her Daddy...I was nearly in tears at this point. she was just standing there with her back to me..

I eventually decided to walk closer to her all the time flashing my torch left to right, but making sure she didn't walk off. as i got about
2 " from her she stopped sobbing and started to turn around..I stopped, shone my flashlight on her....She had no Face...just a Bloody hole where her face should have been.....Run.....Usain Bolt would have been left so far behind you could have forgiven him for wearing spaceboots..

Just a Creepy forrest story BTW...

edit on 5-12-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Dude, seriously tell me that story did NOT really happen. I see your edit with a wink, but that was really creepy.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Goldcurrent

Dude, seriously tell me that story did NOT really happen. I see your edit with a wink, but that was really creepy.

Just a Creepy, round the fire story that my imagination made up...

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Soloprotocol

Goldcurrent

Damn. Would've been so great if it were a true story. xD

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by misskat1

Tell your creepy Forest Story

Not so creepy but it probably was, a little at the time...

I grew up in Savannah, Ga. and in the early-to-mid 1970s, my best friend and I would go out to small little isle-ettes in the salt marshes along the coast. These things were really no bigger than maybe the property of a residential home today... but they had trees and sometime made great places to go crabbing.

It wasn't really all that safe... there were (then, anyways) wild hogs that roamed those marsh flats and running across a mess of them when you were walking ankle deep in mud was not what you wanted. We never carried guns then... never even crossed our minds but we were laden with things like a tent and a pot and various other implements for an overnighter.

One of these little sandy dots what just off Skidaway Island. We used a john boat for this excursion during a high tide and got there relatively intact. During the day, we wandered and looked around and began to find things that looked like human bones. Along the way, we had to dodge relatively harmless banana spiders and their webs... because regardless of ability, that was not what you wanted to walk into.

During the night there, we kept hearing what sounded like bi-pedal tracks in the fallen and brittle palm branches on the ground. It was a spooky night and we pulled out as soon as the sun cracked the horizon.

A few weeks later, my friend came back with a story of how he and his girlfriend tried to go back out to the same spot and it was covered in people digging. Turns out, it was possibly a burial spot for Native Americans going back hundred or maybe thousands of years. The fenced the entire little islette off and put no trespassing signs up.

In retrospect, that night of hearing what sounded like humans walking around us, just got a whole lot spookier.

Of course, over time... I wish I could go back and do it all over again... scared fades with age, lol.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

LegendaryPotato

Soloprotocol

Goldcurrent

Damn. Would've been so great if it were a true story. xD

If it was true i would be hear to tell it..I would have dropped stone Dead.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join