It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell your creepy Forest Story

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by glad_to_be_His
reply to post by guanyu

Great story
I have to ask, what happened to the tape? It would be awesome if you could show some of the video.

Unfortunately I let my friend hang onto it and he says its lost. Still makes me sad.
Not sure I'd publish a video my friend and I made at 16 anyway, not without some editing out my cowardice and then no one would believe it anyway.

Can you tell us where about the forest is? Like near a lake or some landmark....it would be fun to poke around there on googlemaps.

Unfortunately it's getting harder and harder for me to tell. Looking at Google Earth, a house was built near the source of that creek and it has since dried up. A new road and development was built carving right through the woods nearby (just to the north) and the spooky thing is new homes are built all on the outskirts of the place.

About the closest I can guess is about 41°30'20"N, 81°13'55"W. Please nobody go running through these people's backyards though, it was a dense forest fifteen years ago!

Ohio in general has a lot of interesting things going for it, anyway. There is Dayton AFB where aliens were said to be stored, lots of Masonic history, lots of Mormon history, there is Rockefeller's grave, the supposedly haunted Garfield monument, there is the Serpent Mound, the Ohio grassman, the melonheads legends, lots of crying bridges and roads to nowhere, all sorts of peculiarities.

edit on 19-2-2013 by guanyu because: syntax

edit on 19-2-2013 by guanyu because: I love Ohio.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by guanyu

Thanks for the reply. I can definitely see not wanting to post the video even if you did have it but thought I would ask just in case. I live in W. PA. and sometimes we take little jaunts across the border, just wondered whereabouts this area was. Chances are good google wouldn't get you close enough to the interesting areas anyway to see anything but it is still fun to play around with. Thanks again for the great story

ETA: Just noticed the Wicked Woods golf club nearby LOL.
edit on 2/20/2013 by glad_to_be_His because: eta

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by glad_to_be_His

Thanks, I did post the coordinates a bit further up but it just looks like dead forest. I'm surprised by how exposed it seems now.

The forest in the Appalachian region is often kind of ignored, it's kinda believed that that area has been populated for so long (by the white man, I should say
) that nothing could remain undiscovered. I personally think Ohio, PA, WV, Kentucky all hold more than enough forest to hide some unusual critters.
edit on 20-2-2013 by guanyu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by guanyu

Agreed. I am from the more central part of PA and grew up in the mountains - definitely some crazy vibes there. Sadly, I have no distinct stories from them I can remember. Just that you definitely feel like you are in someplace special when you are deep in the woods and/or in the mountains. I would love to know 1% of what we don't know ha ha.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Looks like the OP´s story made it to coast to coast am.
David Paulides tells her story!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I just read this whole thread, I have to say their are some really interesting and scary stories shared by you guys....damn....

Here is my input:

Several years ago, I must have been 8 or 9 years old (im 21 now) I was enrolled in a summer youth group put on by the local YMCA while school was out for summer break.....It was held in my current school's gym. I would go there during the daytime while my mom was at work. I hated it back then, I wish I could have stayed home by myself, and roamed the neighborhood like I did after school. Now I think back and I wish I could go back to them good ol' days......Don't we all hahaha.

Anyway, we would do all kinds of fun stuff, swimming, sports, games, hiking many local trails as a group.....It was fun! The staff organized a one night camping trip to Lizard Lilly Lake (Whatcom County Washington) It was a good 8 mile hike from the trailhead, We made it but they had forgot all the food and water I had brought!!!!, We began to fish and just be kids exploring and whatnot. I had brought my own tent to sleep in being the young mountain man I was...lol.

Time came to bed down, I had my tent set up all nice, my 3 friends at the time shared a big tent about 10 or so feet away. After a while of laying there restless, unable to sleep, I began to hear rustling around right outside my tent. It freaked me out to the point I didn't dare make a noise or move. I was petrified, the rustling lasted a couple minutes....I REALLY had to pee, I went in a bottle, for fear that if I leave the tent I would get attacked. That's when I heard a deep low pitch growling, what ever it was it sounded big and close......It seemed like forever, I laid still. Until I mustard up the courage to very slowly and carefully unzip my tent door....I ripped down the last couple feet of zipper and booked it to my friends big tent, Unzipped a small portion just enough to get my body through and dove in elbowing my friend in the face and waking everybody up.............Bloodied his nose.

It wasn't that scary now that I think about it, Now days I would have just grabbed my gun (don't camp without one) but I was pretty young and I though I was gonna die. These woods of the PNW have cougars, bears, and possibly bigfoot, whatever it was I did not want to find out.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
This is supposed to be a true story.On second thoughts,idk if its against the T+C's to post it? The Rake,on YT.
edit on 21-3-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I have posted this before, but can't remember which forum, so I'll repeat it.
I was born and raised in the hills of Eastern Ky, about 10 miles from Hazard. When I was about 14 -15, my cousin and I went hiking, going to the top of one of the mountains. We followed a trail, sometimes almost straight up, and what we saw terrified us both. We had been walking for about 1 1/2 hours, when we saw a man and women's clothes on a tree limb. That may not sound strange, but we were far from people and the weirdest thing was that branch was roughly 20 feet off the ground. The clothes were neatly draped over the branch, not like they had been thrown up there. I don't have to tell you what we thought we were going to catch someone doing. Anyway, we went on farther and got to a sort of flat place at the top. No trees, just grasses and flowers. Off to my left, I remember seeing a black ......hole in the air. Not shiny black, not like the mouth of a cave, just BLACK. Roughly 6 -8 ft tall and 3 wide and a bit misty around the edges. Seems like every year the memory fades a little, so the next thing I remember is tearing ass done the side of that mountain. Not following the trail, just getting away from whatever that was. To this day, I think there was some connection between those clothes and what we saw. I have a few theories. What I find unusual is, that was one of the most terrifying moments in my like and I never remember it unless there is a direct reference to "strange things in the woods". I may have left out a few details, but as I said, the memory fades with age.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by misskat1

If you have seen something unusual in the Forest please tell us about it.

The Russian Ground Anomolies

A strange phenomena is happening in some Russian forests.

People are finding strange, deep holes. They appear in the dense forest, in the places you can’t get on the car or truck to bring any device to drill the ground.

There is no soil nearby that should be taken from such deep hole. When people are brave enough to venture into the holes, they find that they end abruptly in the darkness.

There are no any reasonable ideas on how these holes appear and what they are being used for. No one knows who or what is digging these holes or why.

englishrussia.com...

That's just scarry. Can you imagine you go on a hike in fall into one of those!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by llmacgregor

Just when camping. Heard footsteps walk to my tent and was unsettling (in western Montana). My camping buddy in the tent next door heard it too. No human, I hope, would have been standing outside but the footsteps were completely human so much so that I asked if my friend needed something. I suppose it was my instinct mostly. I knew something was there for a good 20 minutes. Walked up to zipper part of tent and just stood there. I wasnt aware but all had heard this yet remained quiet other than my quietly asking if my friend needed something. It wasnt until the next morning we talked about it. It rained that night (always does when I camp it seems), and there was no way to make out a footprint (it was a cursory attempt anyway).

The woods in this part of the country are intense. Lots of wildlife but easily identifiable by tracks, noises, patterns. Not this one. Not a ground breaking story but was something ill never forget.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

That is Really strange and freaky
Is there a way to check newspaper records to see if some people were reported missing around that time,in that area? See,this is why i keep coming back to this thread-for the stories from people who actually witnessed such inexplicable and downright twilight zone things.Mindboggling-i mean,what the Hell could that have been???

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

I honestly can't remember what year it was or specific month. I only remember it was spring/summer and I was a young teenager. It still puzzles me greatly to think of those clothes. The scifi fan in me wants to think it was some sort of "portal" and those clothes were left behind by the people who went through. As a kid, all I could think of was getting away from that thing as fast as I could. Now, I would take my time to study it and take pictures.
If I were going to research disappearances in that area, I would look for people who disappeared around Hazard, Ky, between the years 1978 - 81. That would put me at age 14 -17 and give a bit of leeway for memory errors.
edit on 21-3-2013 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
When I was young and brave(r) I worked for BC forestry Service. Three man crews, flown into lightning strike fires by helicopter. Lightning hits hollow cedar tree's and burns inside.

The area was Wells Grey Park in BC Canada. Very vast wild and remote place. Our fire was called LICK fire.
Lima India Charlie Kilo. We were flown out 85 miles in and dropped into a clearing that was cleared the day before by Rap Attack (guys who repel down ropes and make a landing pad for firefighters in Heli to land on.

Chainsaws, fuel, camp gear goes in back, food stuffs,piss-cans sat on our laps.

When we were dropped off, as we were sighting in water and fire location (heli hovers above water and then fire, and flashes light, we get a position fix from our present. As we were sighting in, there was a humongous crash just blow us (think steep mountain just below Alpine) and we seen the back end of a monster black bear jumping and crashing down the hill.

So after marking trail to water and fire with ribbon tape, we set up camp.
We strung all our food suspended from ropes 20 or so feet off the ground, in the morning at first light we were off to first fill the cans (backpack type water cans that go on our back and have hand pumps) then get to the fire location, where we would use a 36 inch (bar) saw and a 18 inch saw to first fall the burning cedar, then cut it up split it up and dowse it with water from the cans. Back and forth all day, at 8 pm or so we headed back to camp, and low and behold.

The Bear had come and tore the fly off the top of the forestry tent and discombobulated the tent a bit, it also tore the peak off of my ball hat. I had left it behind, as we wore hard hats.

We cooked supper, one of the guys had a bottle of whiskey, another had some combustibles, we ate, we joked, we started a fire.

It was a nice fire, and about 1/2 an hour before bedding down (no gay, but three men in a tent) I seen something moving on the other side of the fire. It was the bear, and he came out of the bush and into the little clearing we are camped at, and just sat across the fire looking at us.

I bent down, and grabbed about a 18 inch chunk of limb 3 inched thick, and with all the might I had I stood up and threw it at the bear. It hit him square in the face, and hard. He kinda grunted and shook his head. With the other guys scurrying about the bear got timid and took off back into the bush.

The tent had a big rip in the bottom, where the tent pegs held ground and the material gave way when the bear was pulling on it earlier in the day, this was a problem, as it was not a overly big tent, and someone had to sleep by it.

So we drew wooden matches, short stick got the hole.

I did not lose, thankfully. we took a pick axe a good sharp axe and I took the 18 inch saw with us into the tent, and put the gear up and in between the tent and our heads.

Working hard like that, in the highly oxygenated air, with the shots and the puffs, it was easy to fall asleep.

At about 3am, the bear returned, and poked his head inside the tent, and grabbed a mouthful of buddies sleeping bag, pulled, released and came back for another mouthful, this time buddies foot was included in what was bitten,and the bear bit into buddies foot and was dragging him out the hole by his sleeping bag, it was just prior to that that buddy started screaming at the top of his lungs, both out of surprise and then pain from the bite, in a grog I grabbed the little saw, (I already had the choke set on) and gave it a pull, she started first pull, thumbed off the choke and opened it up, because the saws motor was cold, it smoked a LOT and obviously made a hell of a noise. The bear by that time had let go and ran away.

So were up early (LOL) and try to communicate with any chopper in the area. The radios we had only had limited range, a helicopter needed to be with 20 miles or so to pick up up on the Chanel.

It took forever to reach someone and advise them of the issue. It was late afternoon before contact was made. The copter pilot said he would relay message to Clearwater forestry and have someone sent out the next day. (A forest ranger with a gun, and a replacement man)

That afternoon, evening,night and next morning till about noon, was the most precarious time I had ever spent in the bush, I was not sure if the bear was rogue or would turn man eater.

I spent my time,clutching the little 18 inch saw, we sharpened our axes, we threw the food away, we consumed what was left of the combustibles.

A chopper came the next day, with Ranger Mike, and a replacement man, and perishable food stuffs for us.

Ranger mike sent us on our way to work the fire, he took an apple, cut it in half and put it on top of sticks he pushed into the ground.

At about 4 PM that day,we heard the crack and reverberation of Ranger Mikes .308, as he smoked the bear between the eyes when it came for the apple.

That's my creepy forest story.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by fossilera

Your story made me think of that movie "The new daughter" with Kevin Costner-about Indian mounds-creepy! Can you remember the stories that you were told,that you said scared you?If you can,tell please? I just love creepy stuff!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
sorry but i want to keep this thread alive sooo to the top it goes

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
reply to post by DAVID64

That is Really strange and freaky
Is there a way to check newspaper records to see if some people were reported missing around that time,in that area? See,this is why i keep coming back to this thread-for the stories from people who actually witnessed such inexplicable and downright twilight zone things.Mindboggling-i mean,what the Hell could that have been???
i was thinking the same thing twilight zone

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
When I was about 15, I basically lived in the forest near our home.
Late one evening, just at dusk, I was walking a log road back home when I saw a pair of eyes looking at me from a roadside ditch.
I had heard tales of a big hairy monster-man who wandered in these woods and of course that was the first thing that came to my mind. It had been said this monster had killed a few people and parts of their bodies showed signs of being eaten.
I kind of knew I could not out run something as big as this guy was supposed to be. I am not brave, and wasn't then, but I thought I was done for, but could not see myself going down with out a fight.
I rushed toward the eyes and kicked this guy right square in the head. "If your going to fight let's get to it" kind of attitude.

Does everyone know what a "foxfire" is? The eyes I saw was the light from a couple of "foxfires" in the end of a rotting log.
My foot went up into the log but my shin bone stopped at the end. Talk about pain!!!
I thought I was tough and about grown, but I rolled on the ground and cried like a baby for a while.
After several minutes I got up and limped about a half mile home. I will never forget the lesson I learned that evening, Never put any part of your body where you can't see what you are doing. That much pain "ain't no fun".

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Nice thread..I am *trying* to find more stories from my childhood and post them when I find more.

FIRST,

you need to know that I am born/raised in Germany, actually in a relatively remote part where there were and STILL ARE tremendous dense and huge forests. I am living in Spain now, it is a very "burnt out" country due to the sun and sometimes I miss things such as the German forests.

All through my childhood, forests played a big role. My grandparents had a farm, surrounded by dark and dense forests. When I stepped out the house, even in the smaller city we lived, 10 mins walk and you were somewhere in a forest where we spent our childhood, building "bunkers" and similar.

Here is my story!

The Forbidden Path (The Devil's Bridge)

Where my granddad lived, it is a VERY remote area at the border to Czechoslovakia. Dense forests where you look.

In one of those forests there was a path with a "No Entrance" sign, this path led several miles through the forest. It was sort of a short-cut through the forest to where my granddad lived.

Because of the "No entrance" sign, we called this "the forbidden path".

But there was another reason why the forbidden path through the forest was creepy: Our grand parents told us from a legend that somewhere within the forest where the path led was a bridge or landing where the devil himself appeared many hundreds of years ago and left a foot print on a rock. This spot was called the "Devil's Bridge".

Usually on the weekends, we (me and parents) visited the grandparents, about a 50km drive. One time, there was a flood and the main road we usually take was closed. We were already about to turn back and call them we cannot make it due to the closed road when my dad remembered the "forbidden path" through the forest.

We all got pretty uneasy but did not really take the legend with the "devil" very seriously. So my dad turned around and after about five or so kms we found the entrance to the "forbidden path".

As soon as my dad entered the path the forest really "hit us" (for a lack of words) because it became extremely dark and we couldn't even see the sky any more. The forest got extremely dense basically in an instant. We continued on the way and about 15 mins after my dad drove the small path through the forest we heard a loud BANG!!!!.

Everyone in the car literally FREAKED out and we immediately realized we had a flat tire in the middle of this creepy forest. We could hear the flat tire "flapping". My dad drove the car to the side and the entire family, dad, mom me and sister stepped out of the car.

What then follows was the creepiest thing that ever happened in my life and I remember it still like it was yesterday: When we stepped out of the car we saw we were right there at the "devil's bridge", it was merely a 30m away from where the car was. My dad opened the trunk and obviously was looking for a spare tire and tools, while at the same time we all heard an incredible scream which I can only describe as the worst "non human" scream I ever hard in my life. We all turned into the direction of the scream, needless to say we were all...entirely freaking out!

There was a figure/shape close by the bridge and screaming like crazy, and (I don't know what to tell you) but the figure looked like something out from hell. It moved around up and down while manically screaming and laughing.

We immediately jumped back in the car in a total panic and there was only one thought: GO, GO, GO!!! My dad didn't care about the the flat tire anymore and just pushed the pedal to get away from this place. My mom had a camera with her and while we screamed and drove away she pointed the camera outside to the "being" and managed to take a photo. Since this was in the 1970, you still had to have photos developed so it took several days until we got the pictures back.

When we told our grandparents the story and showed them the picture, they immediately nodded and said "yes, that's him"...this is the "devil" from the legend. My grandma got a very old book with legends and myths about the area and showed us the entry about the "devil's bridge". On the page was a "devil" which looked exactly like the one my mom caught on the photo!

edit on 3-4-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
All I can say to everyone in this thread:

Stay home. Be safe.

Watch your television, movies, and your other interests.

The forest, the Earth for that matter, is a dangerous world. Live in your comfort zones where you feel it is best safe.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

If there is one thing I have learned in life.
There is nothing in the dark which is not there in the light. Some 'things' like the dark a little better for various reasons but there is little need to fear any of the natural things in the wild.
I only have a distrust of the motives of men.
I am just not smart enough to have much fear of anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join