It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stores Requiring ID, Tracking To Prevent Repeated Returns

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The reason you don't need an ID to vote is because your vote doesn't mean squat. Unbelievable not.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This actually seems like a genuinely good idea to me. I once had a friend (we've since parted ways for good reason) who took advantage of stores' return policies in order to more or less obtain video game systems for no permanent charge.

He'd simply buy the system, play it until it neared the end of the return date, and then turn it back into the store when he was ready to "renew his rental". He'd go back soon after and purchase another system, rinse, and repeat without ever really paying the store a dime.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I've even heard of cases where some theif would buy some item at a store, sell it at a discount, stuff a rock or something comparably heavy into the box, and then take the box with the reciept in for the return.

So yeah, I don't blame stores taking a harder look at people making a higher frequency of returns to nip this kind of thing in the bud.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
this has been going on for atleast 10 years. what the hell is it news for?

Do you know how often people walk out of stores with crap they didn't buy, and then walk back in to return it, and get cash? Isn't that embezzling? Every day!

This is no different from jacking up prices to make up for stolen crap, and using security cameras and having security guards in plain clothes.

Blame the thieves.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daemos360
This actually seems like a genuinely good idea to me. I once had a friend (we've since parted ways for good reason) who took advantage of stores' return policies in order to more or less obtain video game systems for no permanent charge.

He'd simply buy the system, play it until it neared the end of the return date, and then turn it back into the store when he was ready to "renew his rental". He'd go back soon after and purchase another system, rinse, and repeat without ever really paying the store a dime.

That sounds completely and totally pointless. Why would anyone do that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join