It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

happy foodstamp thanxgiving,

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Neo, please cite when the IRS put a gun to your head. If this has ever happened I give you my word that I will utilize all of my resources to help you win the lawsuit to which you'd be entitled if this has happened.

On the other hand, if you're just grumbling that you don't like taxes - we've been down this road. Every nation collects taxes... well with the possible exception of a few central African nations. And there you end up breaking even because AK 47 rounds aren't cheap.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Do I have any choice in paying SS,Medicare,Medicaid, or someone elses education or anything else that has been deemed a "human right". ?

Tell me why A person can not opt out of any social program in this country?

And again going to get called liar again that 47% of Americans are paying zero income tax they get out of it.

So why can't others?
edit on 20-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
in the long run, though, how many on foodstamps really don't need them?
how many overextended, lived beyond their means, and now get stamps because they can?
i'd say about 25% could easily improve their situation, and get off stamps and other benefits.

When i get up at 5am theres days i think im the stupid one theres people liveing for free..
I Could loose everything
I make to much to ever see food stamps.
I even have to pay cash for food,& Medical lets not go there,lol
Just remeamber it can happen to any of us......

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Because people who opt out of social programs tend to have no compulsion at all about using them when their day comes to be the one in need.

Because you enjoy the benefits of your tax dollars by well lit, patrolled, paved roads.

Because if you wake to find your house on fire you can dial 911 and society comes to the rescue.

Because those evil OSHA and workplace laws keep you safe and protected while you are at the workplace.

Because being part of something means that you contribute and receive the benefits of the group association. No man is an island - and those few who decide to be islands have much more difficult lives than those of us who remain part of society.

I'll dig it up later on tonight but there was a guy who moved to the tundra in Alaska somewhere to be "independent" and "free". His life was not one to envy. He spent every waking moment working his butt off to try and NOT die that day. And the funny part? Even then he needed monthly visits from a private plane to bring him the things that nature could not provide him with. It was on PBS and is an amazing story - but shows that even removed from the world - he still had to participate with it to get his bullets and medicines.

Oh, and for the record, you are not quite being "forced" into participation, It is a condition that only applies if you wish to have certain comforts. You could quit your job, pitch a tent somewhere, and then rough it. I imagine if you put enough work into avoiding commerce you could even manage to avoid paying a single cent in sales tax. You'd beat that system. Your life may not be very comfortable or rewarding. But you'd win your war.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Because people who opt out of social programs tend to have no compulsion at all about using them when their day comes to be the one in need.

The current state of the union clearly shows that people are using them who are not returning anything whatsover back so that others get the same "benefits" if they pay anything at all.

Because you enjoy the benefits of your tax dollars by well lit, patrolled, paved roads.

Property taxes pay for roads, and so do lotteries,

Because if you wake to find your house on fire you can dial 911 and society comes to the rescue.

Property taxes again here.

Because those evil OSHA and workplace laws keep you safe and protected while you are at the workplace.

OSHA so awesome isn't ?

So how effective is OSHA for those 23 million Americans sitting at home with no job?

And

How effective is OSHA for that 47 million getting welfare because there jobs do not pay them enough?

Because being part of something means that you contribute and receive the benefits of the group association. No man is an island - and those few who decide to be islands have much more difficult lives than those of us who remain part of society.

Really being "apart of something" that contribute ?

People who are receiving more than they are contributing

Here Heff

. To lay taxes to provide for the general welfare of the United States, that is to say, “to lay taxes for the purpose of providing for the general welfare.” For the laying of taxes is the power, and the general welfare the purpose for which the power is to be exercised. They are not to lay taxes ad libitum for any purpose they please; but only to pay the debts or provide for the welfare of the Union. In like manner, they are not to do anything they please to provide for the general welfare, but only to lay taxes for that purpose.

fearistyranny.wordpress.com...

The power of taxation was given to fund the government so that it would be able to function Properly not to give freebies to the populace.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Everybody thank obama for continuing to trash the economy. His policies will result in even more families on food stamps next year.

Let me begin by saying that I'm Not an Obama supporter, however, I refuse to blame the nation's problems on a single person. I think this is an incredibly myoptic understatement of the facts. The House of Representatives is basically 2 to 1 Republican to Democrat. And even though democrats rule the senate, it's around 51 to 47 democrat to republican, with 2 independents. Point is, there are still a lot of republicans running around. I have lost all faith in both political parties, as neither of them can be trusted because ALL of Washington has sold out to special interest. TPTB have Always and Already determined who and how each POTUS will rule. We might as well just return to a monarch dictatorship, right? Hell, much of the country believes the United States is a democracy, even though it's clear in the Constitution that our form of government is a republic, with representatives, including the POTUS, elected Indirectly.

Back to your original point, regardless of party affiliation, you would think that with approximately 435 congressmen and 100 senators, add the supreme court to the mix and one POTUS, you think all these politicians would be able and willing to steer this nation in the right direction. Rheotorical, I know lol.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Do I have any choice in paying SS,Medicare,Medicaid, or someone elses education or anything else that has been deemed a "human right". ?

Tell me why A person can not opt out of any social program in this country?

And again going to get called liar again that 47% of Americans are paying zero income tax they get out of it.

So why can't others?

Because our society would have to let those whom cant afford food or medical assistance, to, well, die for it to work. Even those whom think they should be able to opt out of medicaid and opt back in when they need it or grow old, but of course couldnt afford the premiums or wouldnt get covered to begin with.

So we are faced with 2 options, liberty on issues like medicaid, social security etc, or be confronted with people whom die of decease and plain simply starve to death, as seen on National Geografic. Sometimes I get the impression people do not visualize where their train of thought leads them.
edit on 23-11-2012 by Merinda because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join