It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

happy foodstamp thanxgiving,

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
what a sad thought, imo.
of course we're all aware of the increase in usage of food stamps, but sometimes a simple headline can show how bad it really has become.

More Americans will use food stamps to buy their Thanksgiving dinner this year than ever before, according to a new report from the nonprofit government watchdog group The Sunlight Foundation.

This Thanksgiving, 42.2 million Americans will be on food stamps, according to the Economic Policy Institute. This is roughly the size of the populations of California and Connecticut combined.

s ource article.

anyhow, i do wish all my fellow americans a happy foodstamp thanxgiving.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Everybody thank obama for continuing to trash the economy. His policies will result in even more families on food stamps next year.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
also, lets not forget, turkey donations are down pretty much across the board.

google link

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
For one, and for the moment, I thank God that we live in a society that still cares enough to feed the poor. If certain interests have their way in the future - we might find ourselves digging up this thread to reflect upon the good old days - those before the mass graves and the armies of soldiers patrolling our streets - all in the name of protecting the haves from the have nots.

Thank you, tax break receiving "job creators" for fulfilling your end of the bargain and keeping this nation sound and productive.

Oh wait.. should I forward this message to your home in the Hamptons or to your facilities in India and China?

~Heff

link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

When im feeding my face,i will never forget it can happen to any of use,
ive been homeless ,
On Thanxgiveing & Christmas its allways the hardest time to live on the street.
One year i broke in to a house just for left overs didnt take anything but a meal.
Now i set with my own Kids ages 27-16-14
I let them know it can happen to any of use.

link   
Sorry

But here it comes:

Gobble, Gobble

Happy foodstamp giving.

Anyone want seconds?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Yes Heff thank God we live in a society that gives GMO turkeys to the poor!

And the idea behind thanksgiving was to thank God for our current blessings.

Made possible not by the fruits of our own labor, but of taxation of the government

edit on 20-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Food stamps is such a small fraction of the trillions we spend needlessly on war. The right wingers would love to see poor people on the streets begging and the continuation of war unabated. They're such warm hospitable people. Happy Thanksgiving!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I have never used food stamps to provide for my family! I never will either!!
Working pays!! whether mc'ds or a major corporation! Get a job!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Everybody thank obama for continuing to trash the economy. His policies will result in even more families on food stamps next year.

A young child viewing a puppet show will sit happily entranced and fascinated by the animated, talking marionettes, believing that they are very much alive and real.
One day, when the child is older, and sees the strings attached to the puppets for the very first time, the illusion is forever shattered.
The child will always know that hidden hands control the lifeless "Obama puppets"
I hope every one gets all they need for Thanxgiveing ......great thread

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

We know politics or party affilation is not the root of the problem. The economy's been taking since we stop using gold as a reserve currency. It's not policies making food stamp usuage increase. It's greed and hate. Unlike in the past there are a lot of food stamp recipients who work these days. However mainstream America has prejudiced itself against the low income worker. Meanwhile corporations underpay employees and let the federal government pick up the tab. I think there are a lot more things trashing the economy than food stamps.

Therefore, a married person with one child who makes $50,000 a year

will pay $36.82 in taxes to ensure the food stamp program is fully
funded. But wait, there is more. That $36.82 is not only for food
stamps. Indeed, that money is allocated to two other programs that
include the school lunch program, and the special supplemental food program for women, infants and children. Keep in mind, this comprises the totality of the costs associated with the program including administrative

36.82 divided by 365 days = 10 cents a day.

www.scarymommy.com.../discussion/14549/food-stamps-how-much-do-we-really-pay/p1

Nearly 300 of the nation's most profitable companies paid an average tax rate of 18.5 percent from 2008 to 2010, less than half of the 35 percent corporate tax rate, according to a study by the Citizens for Tax Justice released Thursday. Of the 280 companies, 78 studied paid a tax rate of zero or less during at least one year of the three year period.
www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 20-11-2012 by FreebirdGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This country is in shambles. Greed reigns supreme.

We have a celebration, based on lies to give thanks for abundance and...

People still find a way to blame the POTUS for everything.

Perfect! Thanks for showing your true colors everyone!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

I agree that the able bodied should provide for themselves!

Now what about the disabled, elderly, infirm, and those too young to work? What does your world view say should be done with them?

~Heff
edit on 11/20/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
every thanxgiving i donate some of my time at the shelter, usually dishing out food.
a bunch of us friends used to get together and cook a huge spread in the park for anyone who wanted to eat.
ran a classified add to invite.
health department shut us down 2 years ago.
nope, couldn't feed people without the right licenses and inspection.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Well the number of people getting some form of assistance from the government now hasn't really changed that drastically than is was before Bush left office according to the Census Bureau.

UNDER BUSH: 44% of Americans were getting some form of Government assistance.
UNDER OBAMA: 49% of Americans are getting some form of Government assistance.

5% difference.

Yes it's not good that the number has increased but Obama came in at a very bad time for our country.
800,000 jobs lost in his first month and a recession.

Any president would have been facing a daunting task.

- Lee
edit on 20-11-2012 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

We have a duty to help those out.... but there needs to be a reform on people who receive disability... I know at least a dozen people receiving FS and disability all because they have a fear of being around people!!! FML for real?? They call it a mental disorder...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

The accurate term would be "social anxiety" and it is usually a symptom of a much deeper, underlying psychiatric illness such as PTSD or even forms of schizophrenia.

Having said that, I do not dispute that there are people who lie to get SSI and SSD. But there is a massive myth in this nation that it's an easy thing to get these benefits. Most who apply have to wait 2-6 years to be approved for them. This tends to root out many of the opportunists and folks looking for the gravy train.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Sorry but putting a gun to peoples head in the spirit of helping is the antithesis of "goodwill".

Just tax, and throw money at a perceived problem is nothing but outsourcing personal responsibility. of the individual, and those who think they are spreading goodness and joy.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Well the number of people getting some form of assistance from the government now hasn't really changed that drastically than is was before Bush left office according to the Census Bureau.

UNDER BUSH: 44% of Americans were getting some form of Government assistance.

this thread isnt about the Puppet master
Maybe you didnt get it, that might be the only way they can feed there family.
The Puppet Masters have maid service& the food stamps program is just another way to launder money
Obama won he will have someone prep his turkey & just wate they will show him picking it out on TV

edit on Tue Nov 20 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: FIXED TAGS

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
in the long run, though, how many on foodstamps really don't need them?
how many overextended, lived beyond their means, and now get stamps because they can?
i'd say about 25% could easily improve their situation, and get off stamps and other benefits.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join