It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead rappers delight.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

i wonder why these people die so often, and for those that will get offended when i say these people, save it, im talking about musicians. and for those that will post the exact death experiences of each person, save it, it more of a rhetorical question, why do these people die so often?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Maybe their life style? Just listen to what they sing about. A few of them may be conspiracies though.

Gs

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
once they stop moving units

the record label KNOW that on their death, the sales graph peaks

bob marley
MJ
whitney, aliyah, left-eye
big pun, biggie, big L
2pac

even ODB

whos next?...i rekon

lil wayne

who / what are the consistant elements:

SONY - and Quincy Jones.... a friggin deadly duo
edit on 20-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GermanShep

what gets me is easys verse, he spoke of his time left he knew death was comming and put a number on it. why?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
as for dead black artists

i think the living dead are more scarier

lil wayne
ice cube
martin lawrence
eddie murphy

seeing these sort of neutered artists, is like seeing the walking dead

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by GermanShep

what gets me is easys verse, he spoke of his time left he knew death was comming and put a number on it. why?

reply to post by DocHolidaze

Eazy E most likely knew he had AIDS at the time of this song so he probably knew his time was coming.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

i also thought that, but he deteriorated and died quick. there were ways to fight aids back then(if my timeline is correct) and he obviously had the money, if im correct in my timeline he should have been able to fight aids for longer than he did, there are many that live full lives with aids. i think all this is more than meets the eye, hence the reason im posting on ats. i have an ex that has an uncle with aids, and he was her gaurdian since we were kids(almost 20 years now) and he is still alive. im basing this story of what i was told. i know there is a differnce between hiv and aids, and from what im told he has aids, but ive never got a look at his medical records so i dont know. famous musicians die, and every once in awhile they sing about it before hand. it makes me wonder.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

At the time the medications were somewhat effective at dealing with HIV but not with full blown AIDS. Once one transitioned from HIV to full blown AIDS, time became short.

There are also psychological factors involved. Some people simply give up - they find out that they are terminally ill and they lose what I refer to as their "spark". The ones who emotionally cave in and lose the will to fight often do succumb much more rapidly than those who fight to hang on.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

On February 24, 1995, Eazy was admitted into Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles with what he believed to be asthma, but was instead diagnosed with AIDS. On March 16 he acknowledged his condition publicly, and died due to complications ten days later.

10 days after being dignosed? i understand he could have been with the hiv virus for some time before he was diagosed, but seriosly 10 days? it seems odd to me. if he had hiv before would he not have felt the effects?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

On February 24, 1995, Eazy was admitted into Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles with what he believed to be asthma, but was instead diagnosed with AIDS. On March 16 he acknowledged his condition publicly, and died due to complications ten days later.

i doubt that he cut a song within the the 10 days before he died, he went to the hospital thinking he had asthma.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

i doubt that he cut a song within the the 10 days before he died, he went to the hospital thinking he had asthma.

He died 10 days after March 16th, he found out February 24th. He had around 30 day to cut the track but I get what your saying. It is unlikely he wrote the song in that period of time because I'm sure he would be coming to terms with his illness instead.

Their deaths do sell more records so who knows? I do think Bob Marley was killed to shut him up. He had such a following that he could sway election votes just by pulling for a certain candidate.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
MJ
whitney, aliyah, left-eye
big pun, biggie, big L
2pac

even ODB

whos next?...i rekon

lil wayne

I forgot ODB was dead!

Honestly though you can take the majority of those off there. Left eye, Aaliya, totally explainable accidents. Whitney and MJ? Its a wonder they lived as long as they did. Still sad about Tupac, definitely some conspiracies there, and definitely conspiracies around Biggie, although definitely sure Biggie is dead, I think that was some opportunists that were so-called friends of his that capitalized off the expectation of retribution. Even if Tupac's still alive, Biggie was killed for the money. I can't listen to Jay-Z or Diddy, those half-ass rappers wouldn've never been anything without Biggie.

Lil Wayne ain't going anywhere, he's not threat to anyone, and basically just a great hype man. He makes more money on other people's records than he does his own.

Originally posted by thePharaoh
as for dead black artists

i think the living dead are more scarier

lil wayne
ice cube
martin lawrence
eddie murphy

seeing these sort of neutered artists, is like seeing the walking dead

This is right on the money! I miss the Ice Cube and Eddie Murphy and Dr. Dre, and Ice-T from the old days. Never like Martin or Little Wayne, but they are definitely all Disney caricatures of their former selves. I can't stand to see Eddie Murphy in anything these days, they neutered him beyond recognition! Ice-T still has a spark every now and then.

I guess folks have to grow up, but let them keep their manhood, please. Seeing a gangsta rapper/comedian turned into a soccer mom is just disheartening.

new topics

top topics

join