It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: French officials accuse US of hacking Sarkozy's computers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Report: French officials accuse US of hacking Sarkozy's computers

thehill.com

The United States used U.S.-Israeli spy software to hack into the French presidential office earlier this year, the French cyberwarfare agency has concluded, according to the newsmagazine l'Express.

The magazine reported late Tuesday that the computers of several close advisers to then-president Nicolas Sarkozy – including Chief of Staff Xavier Musca – were compromised in May by a computer virus that bears the hallmarks of Flame, which was allegedly created by a U.S.-Israeli team to target Iran
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This news really shouldn't surprise anyone. The USA is currently spying on its population via the Patriot Act and plans to build it's biggest spy center soon so they don't miss anything. Hell, our own CIA director is currently in hot water thanks to spying and the FBI reading his emails. Isn't it ironic, don't ya think...

Israel spies on everyone, maybe that's why my commander once told me Israel has the best intelligence out there. Israel regularly spies on America, her Gov't (CIA included) and military, but America spies right back

So it's no wonder they're spying on France's presidential office. Now my question is, wouldn't this be consider an act of by the US Gov't definition of cyber terrorism? Hmmm?

thehill.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Wonder why this is being so soundly ignored?

The United States government reportedly hacked into the office of former French President Nicolas Sarkozy shortly before he was voted out of office earlier this year, according to French newsmagazine l'Express.

France's cyberwar agency reportedly made the discovery after a major security breach in May , which, l'Express says, was caused by a "very powerful worm" developed jointly by the American and Israeli governments, called "Flame."

Translated:

Very sophisticated, [Flame] can collect the files on a machine, take screen shots and even activate the microphone on a computer to record the conversations," explains Vitaly Kamluk, expert on this topic. The design demands a lot of money and human resources that only a big country can mobilize. Or even two: According to the anglo-saxon press, the worm would have been created by an American-Israeli team, and initially targeted countries in the Middle East (Iran, Egypt).

Once again, we (the United States) and Israel claim 'moral authority' yet again and again revert to such criminal acts (which we also claim would be an act of war if ever used against us).

Stuxnet (another joint US/Israel worm) and Flame... I suspect the use of these tools has been far more widespread than we'll ever know.

ETA: link to source (Huffingtonpost.com)
edit on 21-11-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

You'd be surprised what gets ignored and what gets attention but great post and I agree 100%.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if they used Flame. However, once the Trojan got public recognition, I believe they killed off most copies. Still, if they are willing to kill of "the most sophisticated malware" technology organisations have ever seen, I'm sure they have something even more deadly in the midsts.
edit on 21-11-2012 by ErroneousDylan because: (no reason given)

top topics

join