It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Islamists to issue fatwa against shot Pakistani girl Malala

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dhimmie

You say that in every other post in topics that even vaguely refer to anything Islamic so that you have "expertise" when you spew pure hatred.

You're not helping by lying.

PS you don't have to be an "authority" to see photoshop or see patterns of operation throughout recent history.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by phyllida

Obviously, people who ARE genuinely dangerous ought to be swiftly dealt with by the authorities, but aiming hatred at a whole demographic, IN CASE they happen to be the boogeymen that one might fear them to be, is no better than simple religious racism, and will only serve to further the aims of the enemies of our nation. This is clear to me, and I cannot believe that it is any less clear to you.

I think that aiming hatred against a new invasive culture is natural until that new culture adapts and integrates into it`s new geographical area slowly over many decades in a non numerically explosive manner.

Muslims in the UK over the past 20 years have walked over these recommendations and the indiginous English were told by politicians to accept what for them is cheap labor.

That is why you have to travel far away fron cities in England to find England as she was 20 years ago.

You sound like another politician who does not care a jot for the indiginous population and need cheap votes/labor.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr treg

I think that aiming hatred against a new invasive culture is natural until that new culture adapts and integrates into it`s new geographical area slowly over many decades in a non numerically explosive manner.

Excuse me? Natural? No. It would be if we really were nothing more than apes, barely past the stage of flinging scat at one another from one tree to the next, but that is a view that only a total simpleton can hold to. The fact of the matter is, that we are reasoning beings who have the chance to learn from our past mistakes. While being utterly aware of the REAL dangers out there, and being prepared to deal with those, we CANNOT allow ourselves to repeat the mistakes of the past, and allow hate to ever, EVER be excused.

My Grandfathers fought for better than that. If they thought for one single solitary second that people today were as bigtoted as the Nazi filth they risked life and limb to destroy, I dread to think what a poor state they would be in. I think it is called inchoate rage would probably say it effectively.

Muslims in the UK over the past 20 years have walked over these recommendations and the indiginous English were told by politicians to accept what for them is cheap labor.

Then the problem is not the Muslims, but the government, for it is they who decide how our borders are protected, and our population managed, and how the enforcement of our border controls is actually achieved. And another thing...why are you being religiously specific about these things? We also have many non Muslims comming here expressly to work, from all over Europe, from all over the world, and from EVERY religious background, in vast numbers.

That is why you have to travel far away fron cities in England to find England as she was 20 years ago.
You sound like another politician who does not care a jot for the indiginous population and need cheap votes/labor.

First of all, yes, you have to travel an awful long way out of town to find a comfortable slice of Englishness these days. That has rather less to do with the religious demographic in cities, and rather more I think, to do with the fact that all the development that government/parliaments have done over the last few decades , has erroded our sense of culture, by selling off services to private companies, by getting rid of libraries, by allowing the slow collapse of the post office etc etc.

And another thing. THERE IS NO BLOODY INDIGENOUS ENGLISHMAN ALIVE! Since the Romans, and every other invader came here, our indigenous national roots have had other branches, that have nothing to do with our celtic pagan roots what so ever. So that point is right out the bloody window.

One more point. Although our history contains slavery, there is also reference in our history to periods where great numbers of people of various religions and colours ended up here, not through slavery but through migration for what ever reason. Until the slave trade began in earnest, and even DURING that period, there were people who came here to live, and were accepted and loved as human beings, regardless of thier beliefs and skin tone, and it makes me sick to my guts that now, even after the brainwashing that allowed the slave trade to take root here in the mid fifteen hundreds, has well and truely had the time to wear off, that we are still so bloody territorial about our nation.

This used to be a place that a man could be proud of. Not because every face you saw was the same colour, and not because every place of worship was a Chrisitan church, and not because our cultural identity was dominant. It used to be a place to be proud of because when you go back in history far enough, it was a place where all men were equal under the law at birth, no matter wether that birth was here, or elsewhere in the world, and no matter which god they were born under.

I have no interest in cheap labour. I believe that labour should be bloody expensive, and that every single person who works a shop floor, or builds and manufactures things in this country, and every street sweeper, bin man, plumber and plasterer is worth a thousand time what a politician or a city suit is worth. But I place the same worth on every human being, no matter where he is from, or what he believes. Generalising, lumping all peoples of a belief or creed together, or doing so for reason of skin tone, are a)exactly the same as one another, racism, and b) are not things to which Britons of ancient times held to, until the bloody slave traders warped people into accepting it as a notion.

By the way... If you want to complain about the plight of the so called indigenous population of Britain, then learn to spell the word indigenous first. Adds gravitas to your argument.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr treg
Muslims in the UK over the past 20 years have walked over these recommendations

How did Muslims do this exactly? Muslims don't create immigration policies, they don't run the border agency, they don't have a large lobbying group to put pressure on politicians. I've said this elsewhere, if it wasn't for British Imperialist policies from the days of the Empire and the partition of India we'd not be having this discussion. And you've got the capitalist Tories and Whigs to thank for that, not any left wing party and not the Muslims.

and the indiginous English were told by politicians to accept what for them is cheap labor.

I don't think that's quite true. I think the idea of 'cheap labour', if any thing was played down as it gives the game away (the game being global capitalism). Post-war, it was sold as 'essential labour' which was indeed true, given the amount of deaths and causalities that Britain suffered. This is still the line that is sold now at a time when it's no longer convincing: Vince Cable, representing the business community who benefits from cheap labour, pushes this as essential labour and immigration caps threaten the ability for business to function.

It's difficult to travel far from English cities at all. I mean how far can you actually be from a city in England? You're describing the difference between urban areas and rural areas: it's a marked difference (urban areas always have more dense populations, greater economic inequalities, more diverse populations and so on) that's been around since the Romans and a pattern that has followed with all large cities ever since. Nothing to do with Muslims.

Also, 20 years ago was only 1992 - that seems a rum date to set for a 'golden age of yore'. Why 20 years ago? Genuine question.

Cheap votes come in all forms: the Tories campaigning on 'if you want a 'n-word' for a neighbour, vote Labour' in the 1960s seems like a cheap vote appeal to me.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by phyllida
reply to post by Merriman Weir
One of the problems is that our national pride has been taken away from us slowly over the years and we've been made out to be the bad buggers and now we have to pay. I have Sikh friends who agree too so its not colour or one sided.

National pride is a difficult and complex issue and I don't think it's got anything to do with Muslims. England is an anomaly within Britain. I've wrote a lot on this on various ATS threads so I'll keep this brief. I like Britain, I like the idea of little nations banding together to face the world. I also like the idea of the member nations having unique identities too, but England has got the short end of the stick in this, largely because of the London-centric culture we have in both Britain and England which has lead to a lot of conflation and confusion between different things. Somewhere in this, England was lost in Britain.

Also Britain has always been a country with global links (it was created largely because of Scotland's (failed) Imperialist desires). It's commonplace in all cultures for people to want to appear more cultured (as in knowing of other cultures). Owning things or adopting things or affectations from 'far off lands' happens everywhere and it's a sign of power and wealth: whether it's an Anglo-Norse tribal leader owning amber from the Baltic, English women getting knocked-up by 'exotic and interesting' America GIs during the war, or a 1970s middle class couple showing off with their knowledge of French wines that they picked-up whilst holidaying in the South of France. This is natural and it always happens at the expense of 'traditional' culture. Again, nothing to do with Muslims or recent immigration trends.

It's worth pointing out that, generally, English people aren't bothered about their own culture. Every year, we hear right wing press complaining how we can't have a proper traditional Christian Christmas any more because of foreigner/Muslims/Hindus/spacemen. And yet, how many white Britons actually go to Church, even at Christmas. Most people, these days, are limited to Christenings, funerals and weddings. And how many of the latter are in Churches these days or 'untraditional', for want of a better phrase. England has a large, rich cultural history that's generally not only ignored but also openly scorned. How many English people are interested in England's folk music and song tradition? How many English people interested in English folklore? How many English people in traditional dance and costume? How many English people interested in English countryside (as opposed to sun and sea abroad)? English people, generally, don't give a # about England - including many of the people that rail against foreign influence.

Another example of great interest/sadness to me is the lack of knowledge of Anglo-Saxon culture and history. The Anglo-Saxons were the dominant culture in Britain for 600 years and yet the average person knows next to nothing about them. 600 years is a long time. Imagine if all of history from the early 1400s to the present day was a blank slate marked only by a metaphorical shrug of the shoulders.

And when we do show national pride it's often in the wrong things. We should be proud of things like the NHS, and yet more people seem to base their national pride on 'beating Germans in two World Wars and a World Cup.'

The muslims for the most part hate us and are taught to hate us but we aren't allowed to hate back, even if we wanted to which I'm sure a lot don't want to!

I don't think that it's the most part of Muslims at all. Whatever the differences in culture, religion, dress and food; people are people and the vast majority of people, including Muslims, want an easy life and just to keep their head down.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I've been trying to figure out for two days how to respond to this without getting in trouble with ATS , I think I got it. We ought to have mercy for these people who can't help what they are. When a modern man makes them look like backwards jerks they get mad but they get over it. (usually) But when a little girl with a modern education comes along who hopelessly outclasses them in every way it just pushes them over the edge. We should find these folks some nice islands somewhere where they can't do us any harm. I understand that there are some islands in the pacific that nobody's using due to some bomb testing .

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join