It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHOA! The counting down to an event? Hidden in plain sight! The "Polar Clock" Symbol is everywhere

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ProphetOfZeal

s&f. cool pictures. I have followed this crop circle on crop circle connector. I thought this was interesting...

www.cropcircleconnector.com...

Message From The Pleiades Polar Clock Crop Circle Response from Pleiadians. mantondrove2012a Very soon the skies will be filled with our ships, universal law will prevail. Tyranny with fall this is what the August date in the Polar Clock crop circle eludes too. This process has been underway for quite some time. The Pleiadians gave the Mayans their calendar as Mayan Elders have revealed. The Pleiadians have more genetic stock here on Earth than any other Star Nation. They will be in charge of the restoration process of Earth along with the other 12 main Star Nations and councils with the help of others who have joined the cause yet this does not mean we can sit on our asses and not be a part of this change. We must rise to the occasion, be frequency-specific to the new Earth and adjust to the new energies if we are going to stay.

edit on 11/21/2012 by ascension211 because: Edit

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
This is very fascinating stuff but sorry to put a dampener on it, what if the crop circle in the OP is just another fake? Just saying, but it could be

I would bet a million pounds that it is fake just to get the people interested again.. sell more
books etc. or a prank from the locals who visit sites etc..

Alot of people are wising up to these charlatans like icke and jones..
They are waking up to the fact that they have been lied too by them and come 21/12/2012
it will be just another day on earth..

edit on 21-11-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

Just because something specific did not happen this day that we all saw or felt....does not mean the day was not significant in the change of electromagnetic energy.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ryanp5555

The clock itself is for the year 2012....the outer line is the month at 12 (december).................its a bit like computer logic (decimal):

where ten different states are 0-9 instead of 1-10. because you have to count the part from 0 going to 1, we dont start at one then go to two.

in a clock the thinnest hand moves the fastest because it measures the shortest unit of time (seconds)

just like with this clock all the inner parts represent the smaller time measurements, hence they MUST be completed in order for the outmost line (month) to be completed, it works in hierarchy.....seconds - minutes - hours ......like resolution ( zooming in)

So if you look back at the outermost ring it is NEAR the beginning of the last 30 degree segment in a 360 degree circle ( when divided by 12)

so....@ 323 degree according to the graphical analysis......bear in mind this is CROP circle and whoever made it wasnt entirely accurate to the last degree none the less...323 is damn close to 330 which would be exactly tht start of the last segment (month 12) representing december

edit on 21-11-2012 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ISeekTruth101

330 would still equate to 11, or November, if you take 360 degrees divided by 12 then times 11. I don't get the logic here. If you say 0-1 is January, 1.1-2 is Feb, 2.1-3-March, 3.1-4 April, So, on and so forth. That makes 10.1-11 November. Additionally, as you stated, it never was even at 330. It was at 323. Going even further, if this thing was created to tell us when the end of the world was, why wouldn't it be exactly accurate in terms of degrees? It's a giant stretch in different areas Further, when you read a clock, the twelfth hour starts when the hands are pointed upwards and continues until they reach 1. Why wouldn't that be how we read this? If it's labeled as a clock, why would we not read it as a clock? If it's telling us when the end of the world is, why isn't it accurate? Why would midnight be read as hitting 360 degrees, under the same principles above, and not 0 to mark 1? Shouldn't the lack of rings mean 1 if we are saying 0 is equivalent to that? Why was 0 suddenly given a value of 0 only for the year? Not to mention the issues with the day of the week and the time (in no way does it ever hit Friday in a gregarian calendar, and why is it 0:00 hours instead of noon when the clock is clearly at 360 degrees?)

edit on 21-11-2012 by Ryanp5555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
its confusing to understand.....but if 330 was 11 and 360 was 12......then you would be counting the days from START of november to START of december.....then at 360 you would be at the start of december with no room to count the days of december....because the inner rings do the counting first......before the outer ring completes its cycle

Therefore ..instead.....330 is END of november (START of december) and from there on you count the days (through the inner rings) through to 360 being the END of december....and one full revolution is completed......of the polar clock

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I'm sorry, I don't get it.

Couldn't this thread have simply been called "Polar Clocks Are Neato"?

I understand that the 'crop circle' points to a specific time, one would expect it to, right?; but all the rest of the images? They all point to different times. if something or someone was trying to tell us something wouldn't they all point to the same time.

All it really indicates, is that for some, polar clocks make interesting graphics that tell the observer that "This company is technologically savvy". It is also hard to copyright or trademark a simple polar clock graphic, set to different times, "But ours is set to (fill in blank)".

Anyway, what am I missing here folks?

?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ISeekTruth101

I posted this above, but wanted to get your response to it:

If you say 0-1 is January, 1.1-2 is Feb, 2.1-3-March, 3.1-4 April, So, on and so forth. That makes 10.1-11 November. Additionally, as you stated, it never was even at 330. It was at 323. Going even further, if this thing was created to tell us when the end of the world was, why wouldn't it be exactly accurate in terms of degrees? Further, when you read a clock, the twelfth hour starts when the hands are pointed upwards and continues until they reach 1. Why wouldn't that be how we read this? If it's labeled as a clock, why would we not read it as a clock? If it's telling us when the end of the world is, why isn't it accurate? Why would midnight be read as hitting 360 degrees, under the same principles above, and not 0 to mark 1? Shouldn't the lack of rings mean 1 if we are saying 0 is equivalent to that? Why was 0 suddenly given a value of 0 only for the year? Not to mention the issues with the day of the week and the time (in no way does it ever hit Friday in a gregarian calendar, and why is it 0:00 hours instead of noon when the clock is clearly at 360 degrees?)
edit on 21-11-2012 by Ryanp5555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
wiltshire, i know many a people locals who make them circles ...
I do security and mingle around the locals i know a few that have been made.

Also being not that far from me i would like to point out that the two fellows who sit
in the pub tell many a story how they fooled the public for ages ...

Nothing here..

edit on 21-11-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
When you convert the 360 to 365.25, that 323, goes to 328, which is much closer to the beginning of december. If you use 12 x 30, you get 360, so they used 12 30 day months, with 5 extra days which they counted in a different cycle. That is how the ancients did it.

Stereologist.... You are very uneducated in how the mayan long count calendar works. They absolutely used a 360 day, year calendar. It breaks down like this

1 kin = 1 day
1 uinal = 1 kin x 20 = 20 days
1 tun = 1 kin x 360 = 360 days
1 ka-tun = 1 tun x 20 = 7200 days
1 bak-tun = 1 ka-tun x 20 = 144,000 days
1 pictun = 1 bak-tun x 20 = 2,880,000 days

So as you can see, everything is broken down into 20 parts, or 360 parts. The math is perfect when done using these numbers. Everything rounds off perfectly, and divides into itself perfectly. It doesn't get more perfect. The minute we throw 365.25 into the mix, thats when it gets hard, and thats where the confusion comes from. Every calculation regarding the ancients must be done using the 360 day calendar.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim
If only the crop circle really did point to December 21st.

And if only those other symbols really were identical.

And if only these polar clocks really were showing up everywhere.

If only...you might then have a topic worthy of serious discussion, instead of a bunch of tenuous links that are more amusing than interesting.
edit on 21-11-2012 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

of course it's amusing.

beats reading about the majority of affair on the internet.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

i agree that the 323 degrees should be 330 that is where a mistake lays....i cant confirm the exact accurate degree of the last ring myself i dont have any software and cant find my protractor lol.....but im guessing human error? none the less its pretty close and technically my theory implies that the outering moves in 12 distinct stages like a minute dials on a clock it doesnt stick in between 1 and 2.......

It either 1 or 2......in this case either 300 or 330.....

In electrical engineering if a pulse that signifies 0 volts being OFF and 5 volts being ON....3.5 volts would still be considered ON

hence 323 degree can still mean what its suppose to mean

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Hey ATS! First time poster, long time fan. I saw this thread and had to mention the boot up to my DROID X2 dual-core smart phone. It has a polar clock on the start up in the middle of the "eye". Very strange indeed. Sorry if anyone posted this already.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISeekTruth101
reply to post by prevenge

Time zones would be irrelevant to this clock....because the clock is giving you a time and date......so which ever part of the world reaches that date first......the event would start......thats how we all watch the same live boxing pay per view at the same time around the world.

you've got to read my second post just 2 posts down to see i was saying the same thing.. and it does matter..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

nice post above on the seconds issue. very bright observation.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Great theory EXCEPT.....
the lines don't give a date of 12/21/2012.....

90% of 12 months is 10.8 months....That's not december.....that's october.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

it is 0 for the year, because there are 0 years left in the countdown....Which means, this year. So the rest of the circles represent how much time into the year is remaining, and its looking like a time period between november 25th, and dec 21.

I can see it so clearly.

Also, when doing the calculations, do not count 31 days in the month, go back through the year and erase those days from the calculations. add one day onto feb to make it 30. you still have 5 31 days remaining, which is 365 - 5 = 360 when you factor this into the the calculations, you really do get much closer to dec 21.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Ill say it one last time the locals in wiltshire salisbury plain and around the area make the
circles ive sat and had beers and seen some in action ..

Nothing at note to see here i am afraid people..

Trust me anyone who knows wiltshire should be able to vouch for me ...
You go in the local pubs and you can meet the guys responsible..

Ive met alot of farmers who allow people to do it especially when it was in fashion
to do so in order for the revenue along with all the inns in the village drank dry and rooms full

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
no one has ever taken responsibility for a crop circle before. And if they have, they haven't been able to replicate it. Crop circles have long since been a mystery, and most of them are far to complicated for humans do in the amount of time they are done.

link   
reply to post by denver22

Any proof of that or are we to take your word for it? I mean anyone can make up a theory. Right?
edit on 21-11-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
When you convert the 360 to 365.25, that 323, goes to 328, which is much closer to the beginning of december. If you use 12 x 30, you get 360, so they used 12 30 day months, with 5 extra days which they counted in a different cycle. That is how the ancients did it.

Stereologist.... You are very uneducated in how the mayan long count calendar works. They absolutely used a 360 day, year calendar. It breaks down like this

1 kin = 1 day
1 uinal = 1 kin x 20 = 20 days
1 tun = 1 kin x 360 = 360 days
1 ka-tun = 1 tun x 20 = 7200 days
1 bak-tun = 1 ka-tun x 20 = 144,000 days
1 pictun = 1 bak-tun x 20 = 2,880,000 days

So as you can see, everything is broken down into 20 parts, or 360 parts. The math is perfect when done using these numbers. Everything rounds off perfectly, and divides into itself perfectly. It doesn't get more perfect. The minute we throw 365.25 into the mix, thats when it gets hard, and thats where the confusion comes from. Every calculation regarding the ancients must be done using the 360 day calendar.

Love it when people provide only PART of the information and then say it proves something.

How about we take a look at the WHOLE thing instead?

The Haab' comprises eighteen "months" of twenty days each, plus an additional period of five days ("nameless days") at the end of the year known as Wayeb' (or Uayeb in 16th C. orthography).

There are at least two inscriptions with periods of 1508 Haab from Palenque[5] which equates to 1507 tropical years, or 550420 days. This gives the Maya approximation to the tropical year at being 365.2422 days, being more accurate than the Gregorian Year currently used across the world today. 1508 Haab also incorporates 29 full Calendar Rounds, and two codices, the Codex Laud and Codex Mexicanus also records the 1508 Haab intervals.[5]

Wayeb' The five nameless days at the end of the calendar, called Wayeb', were thought to be a dangerous time. Foster (2002) writes "During Wayeb, portals between the mortal realm and the Underworld dissolved. No boundaries prevented the ill-intending deities from causing disasters." To ward off these evil spirits, the Maya had customs and rituals they practiced during Wayeb'. For example, people avoided leaving their houses or washing or combing their hair.

Haab' - Mayan 365 calendar year

The Maya calendar consists of several cycles or counts of different lengths. The 260-day count is known to scholars as the Tzolkin, or Tzolk'in in the revised orthography of the Academia de las Lenguas Mayas de Guatemala.[4] The Tzolk'in was combined with a 365-day vague solar year known as the Haab' to form a synchronized cycle lasting for 52 Haab', called the Calendar Round. Smaller cycles of 13 days (the trecena) and 20 days (the veintena) were important components of the Tzolk'in and Haab' cycles, respectively. The Calendar Round is still in use by many groups in the Guatemalan highlands.[5]

Mayan Calendar Overview

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join