It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Rover 'Curiosity' Team Reportedly Will Reveal Major Discovery In December

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

I think you linked this thread. Now I am stuck in a loop I can't get out of!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by VekTorVik
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

I think you linked this thread. Now I am stuck in a loop I can't get out of!

Indeed I did. Here, check this one out, it's even better!

No escape.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

The image that you have posted for all intents and purposes - could be photoshopped. Why is it that 'suddenly' NASA can permit clear in focus photographs to the public? For many years the photographs of the moon and other planets have all been distant or fuzzy or blurred etcetera. The technology that is available at government levels has been taking clear in focus photographs for years and years. This is also why NASA have an art department with professional artists adept with an airbrush in their hand.

Photoshop has opened up another avenue for disinformation. I want to believe but now that I am in the awakened state - it is too hard to fall for the disinformation.

This post is just my reaction to the image you posted and by no means personal.

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
AsH3 aka arsenic. I get the feeling that's what they will be telling has been found.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

Really now. My statement had to do with the Topic I placed in the Religious Conspiracy Board which details various Religious Leadership across the World developing a PLAN of ACTION to deal with the possible discovery of E.T. Life and how such Religious Leaders would explain how this can be integrated with those religions Belief Systems.

The Vatican in particular has a very comprehensive PLAN that targets NASA's ongoing search for LIFE on MARS. It is the Vatican's Science Committee's opinion that it is not a question IF Life is found on MARS but WHEN. This PLAN is designed to guide the percentage of the Faithful who may see the discovery of E.T. LIFE as contrary to their belief system and in an effort to prevent possible Confusion and Violent backlashes...the Vatican is being Proactive to avoid possible Religious Fanatics from doing the sort of Violent acts they have done to Planned Parenthood Clinics to NASA or the people who work there.

It is plain to me that you seem to have a need to argumentatively counter any dialogue that is contrary with your belief system. This is unfortunate as even though I and others here may have different beliefs...I have no issue with your right and ability to debate these issues in a respectful and comprehensive manner.

I do not enjoy debating an issue where another believes that just because I do not agree with their beliefs that they think I am purposely trying to DESTROY those beliefs.

If your FAITH is so FRAGILE that a simple open DEBATE can make you so emotionally responsive then perhaps your FAITH is not as strong as you think. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The discovery of many reptilian bases ?
i knew it

hope its not some rock that have a few bacterial fossil
would be disapointed .. i want some real big discovery
that will make me go

thanks for sharing op
SNF

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

They found a Miller High Life bottle cap on Mars!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I MUST KNOW NAOWWWW!!!!!!

its life..isn't it...ISN'T IT!!!

I for one welcome our martian brothers into the fold and cannot wait to start selling them McDonalds.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
The discovery of many reptilian bases ?
i knew it

hope its not some rock that have a few bacterial fossil
would be disapointed .. i want some real big discovery
that will make me go

Although the "wow" factor wouldn't be as intense as stumbling across a vast martian city, bacterial fossils philosophically is just as profound as to what it means about frequency of life in the universe...it would make the drakes equasion seem conservative and almost embarassingly underestimating the reality.

Since it probably be such a discovery (micro-organism fossils), its significance is a game changer for the world.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
If it were me in charge (and true): I would time it so that on December 21st NASA would announce they have discovered life or fossils.

I think the Mayan doomsday's folks heads would explode. But it would be kinda neat and it would really play into the new era in history thing.
edit on 21-11-2012 by Landru because: typo

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

SAM is the rover's onboard chemistry lab, and it's capable of identifying organic compounds — the carbon-containing building blocks of life as we know it.

NASA's Mars rover Curiosity has apparently made a discovery "for the history books

Man that sounds like a serious hint!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

You can put eggs ,flour, sugar and butter into a container and shake it but it doesn't not mean you are going to to get a complex perfectly decorated cake at the end of it.

you have obviously never seen the easy bake commercials ^^

its probably something lame that we already "know" water/methane/mud/ i mean this mini lab cant be that large so its real tiny what ever it is, such as some kind of element or gas or some sort, big whoop or they will find same type of specimen here and there then we can read paragraphs after paragraphs about how some scientist think life rides on comets blah blah blah.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I would really like to believe that NASA has found something definitive and will share what they have found with us without hmmming and hawing , however I do not believe that that will be the case .
This picture rather sums up the NASA stance on just about everything for me.
Especially concerning Mars.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Very doubtful it's methane!

So why doesn't Grotzinger want to share his exciting news? The main reason is caution. Grotzinger and his team were almost stung once before. When SAM analyzed an air sample, it looked like there was methane in it, and at least here on Earth, some methane comes from living organisms. But Grotzinger says they held up announcing the finding because they wanted to be sure they were measuring Martian air, and not air brought along from the rover's launchpad at Cape Canaveral. "We knew from the very beginning that we had this risk of having brought air from Florida. And we needed to diminish it and then make the measurement again," he says. And when they made the measurement again, the signs of methane disappeared.

www.npr.org...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Hi all. Been trolling the site for a while and have gladly joined.

I think it will be water, or proof of past water, maybe ice?

And did they ever identify that shiny thing they saw? Perhaps it involves that.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
If NASA is actually off earth - why can't they just announce what they have found??? I am always interested by the facts they do release - in that - they are always a substance or substances that are known to them. Do they ever report a substance that is unknown to them???

I am highly skeptical - with governments around the world in tight control of their science establishments combined with the fact they CONTROL every piece of information - I do not even think that NASA is off earth.

Information - knowledge and learning is for everyone - I do not see any logic to withholding information - for any reason - unless of course they are making it up as they go along!!!!

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
For those who are wondering what a chemical compound is it is usually and in simple terms a certain number of carbons bonded to a certain number of hydrogen's (depending on the number of carbons).

For example

Methane has one carbon atom bonded to four hydrogen atoms hence the formula CH4
Ethane has two carbon atoms bonded to 6 hydrogen atoms and hence the formula C2H6

Then you can go into a lot of different types of organic molecules which I wont explain but if you're really curious just ask me and I'll be happy to help.

But a few other organic compounds are

Alcohols
Haloalkanes
Alkenes
Alkynes
Amines
Ester
Carboxylic acids
Diols

All of these molecules can undergo different reactions to turn into each other. Obviously they have to go through processes but people who know organic chemistry will get what I mean.

I don't know how many people find that significant but there you are.

An extremely brief summary on organic molecules.

Also some of you seriously make me laugh. You think the idea of finding organic compounds are irrelevant and not interesting when you have no clue what organic anything is! What would amaze me is if simple life forms like protozoans were found. You must appreciate things. You seem to think actual life itself is the only evidence of life at all.
edit on 21-11-2012 by curiousrb because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
My money is on this shiny nugget looking thing:

official picture link

If it is, what I think it could be... then expect the next great space race in three... two... one.
On the other side, it is a good way to drive the price of gold into the gutter.

Just speculation, of course.
Think about it.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
People actually believe a country that has owned (and still does) slaves, trafficks hispanics for cheap labor, blows up buildings and blames it on an entire race is going to give you any information that could dismantle the entire false religion that has been created to keep people in line? GMAFB. I'm sure they know more about alien life and it orgins than they are going to release to Mr Joe Farmer with no security clearance.

I personally believe they are lying about our cellestial neighbors and our solar system as a whole. And if they do announce thier is life (humanoid, grey's or whatever) it will be a lie and used as pretext for pulling the The Last Card.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
They are going to reveal that they found a biological sprayer in the ACT of spraying

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join