It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel is irish

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
In the 1800s England tried to exterminate the Irish through Cromwell, they tried to starve them to death and did a good job. The famine the English created killed or expatriated millions of Irish.

You would think we would have learnt from this,

The Germans did the same to the polish and german jews.

An agreement was made that gave Israel their home land. The same thing happened in Ireland, we didnt get it all , just the south. We still were fighting in the north like Gaza.

I am proud to be an Irish catholic, I have alot of protestant friends, We all bleed the same,

My worry is in Israel and its my opinion they not Jew (polish or German or other) they Israelis a new breed, and that's OK I think.

But the truth is if they "erase" Palestine they cannot win no more than England did in Ireland

confused from Derry

Brian

mod note for date correction The Cromwellian conquest of Ireland or Cromwellian war in Ireland (1649–53)
edit on 20-11-2012 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Actually that was the 1500's. Thomas Cromwell was an adviser to King Henry the VIII from 1532-1540, and succeeded in doing many villainous things in the name of the reformation of religion. I get the parallel you are trying to make otherwise to a point... what is Israel doing that is the same as starving thousands of Irish people though?
edit on 20-11-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gooseygander
In the 1800s England tried to exterminate the Irish through Cromwell, they tried to starve them to death and did a good job. The famine the English created killed or expatriated millions of Irish.

You would think we would have learnt from this,

The Germans did the same to the polish and german jews.

An agreement was made that gave Israel their home land. The same thing happened in Ireland, we didnt get it all , just the south. We still were fighting in the north like Gaza.

I am proud to be an Irish catholic, I have alot of protestant friends, We all bleed the same,

My worry is in Israel and its my opinion they not Jew (polish or German or other) they Israelis a new breed, and that's OK I think.

But the truth is if they "erase" Palestine they cannot win no more than England did in Ireland

confused from Derry

Brian

I think we're all a little confused buddy, don't worry about it.

Free Palestine.

Best Wishes.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gooseygander

Interesting.. subject about the israel/irish
I find it funny how the 1940 germans though they could cleanse this earth by killing all non-germans.

It's sad because these days all germans are portrayed as nazi to some people....

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

What do you mean palastine?

Israel has it's right to defend its country! & that's not just because i get this from the media but because its history.
edit on 20-11-2012 by FeelingPure because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Gooseygander

i hope not, the irish a enough problems
either way its all a big game that we as a people have no control over, unless we we get of are arses n do somthing about it. and im not talking bout us going over there and helping them, im talking about making changes around u locally, we should all do this and see how it effects the world stage.
edit on 20-11-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13
Actually that was the 1500's. Thomas Cromwell was an adviser to King Henry the VIII from 1532-1540, and succeeded in doing many villainous things in the name of the reformation of religion. I get the parallel you are trying to make otherwise to a point... what is Israel doing that is the same as starving thousands of Irish people though?

Both of you are wrong, Oliver Cromwells conquest of ireland was in 1649

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I think that you meant to say that Ireland is Palestine in that they were both driven off their land by England/Israel, I hope to god that you are not trying to say that the Irish are like Israel, our country is more pro Palestinian than pro Israel would not go down well....

And yes 1649
edit on 20/11/12 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
There are many similaritys between whats going on in the middle east and what happened in Ireland. Whats happening now would be the equivilent to Northern Irish Unionists blockading Dublin (Gaza) and pushing Irish off their lands and building settlements on the Irish side of the Border.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by auraelium

Originally posted by Rubicant13

Both of you are wrong, Oliver Cromwells conquest of ireland was in 1649

I am referring to Thomas Cromwell, who served under King Henry the VIII; and was beheaded in 1540. So no, I am not wrong. I did not know which Cromwell he was referring to, he did not mention Oliver - he just said Cromwell, so what I said about Tomas Cromwell is not incorrect. Get your facts straight.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

You are wrong, he is referring to a different Cromwell, Oliver Crowell.Thomas Cromwell never invaded Ireland.He had nothing to do with Irish history.
edit on 20-11-2012 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by auraelium

You are wrong, he is referring to a different Cromwell, Oliver Crowell.Thomas Cromwell never invaded Ireland.

Did I say anywhere that he did? Re-read my post. I did not know which Cromwell he was referring to.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I think it is you who may have to get their facts together, wrong Cromwell you are thinking of.

Oliver invaded Ireland

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeelingPure
reply to post by Ramcheck

What do you mean palastine?

Israel has it's right to defend its country! & that's not just because i get this from the media but because its history.
edit on 20-11-2012 by FeelingPure because: (no reason given)

And Palestine has the right to defend it's "country"
Also, everything was fine between the sefardic jews and the palestinian people since the crusades.
Everyone got along pretty peacfully.

It wasn't until TPTB built an a-bomb and through brute force created the state of israel that the problems started to arrive.

It all boils down to oil. We need it and the middle east has it.
We built israel to be our well armed ally near the middle east.

It's just that simple.

Who won the crusades?
I'm pretty sure the christians and the jews lost that one.
What gives us the right to just change it all up in the 1940's and create all of these unjust situations?

I do not understand how anyone can support the zionist state of israel with their conquests.
It's the same as how I don't understand how anyone could have supported the USA with their christian/capitalist onslaught and destruction of the native american people.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer

I think it is you who may have to get their facts together, wrong Cromwell you are thinking of.

Oliver invaded Ireland

Well good for you. I did not know which one he was referring to and for the second time, I never said that Thomas Cromwell DID invade Ireland now did I? So stop saying that I did. The facts I did state about Thomas Cromwell are correct. And I know who Oliver Cromwell is as well. I was not certain as to who he meant.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

You jumped in thinking that you knew what you were saying and can't admit that Thomas Cromwell has nothing to do with it, the facts may be right but meaningless towards the conversation.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Just to help with your history.

Originally posted by Gooseygander
In the 1800s England tried to exterminate the Irish through Cromwell, they tried to starve them to death and did a good job. The famine the English created killed or expatriated millions of Irish

Cromwell did not try to exterminate the Irish and was not around in the 1800’s. Just like all of history in the 1600’s it was about conquest and this was played out across the European continent myriad times. To be simplistic, it was Catholic versus Protestant and in Ireland and was an extension of the English Civil War where the Irish Catholics had supported the Royalists. Had the Spanish Catholics successfully invaded England a few decades earlier history would have been different.

The “English created” famine is stretching the truth somewhat. Sure, the British were in control at the time but a number of factors came into play, not least the dependence on potatoes which failed due to potato blight, although recognising that Irish Catholics were treated as second class citizens.

Comparison with Israel. Give it a rest. Northern Ireland was partitioned in 1921 so that Catholic Ireland could get their independence from the UK whilst allowing the part which actually wanted to remain part of the UK to stay. The Catholic inspired Troubles just brought violence and mayhem to Ireland, now thankfully ended allowing both parts of Ireland to live in peace and to develop in their own ways.

The only comparison with Israel is that there are two religious divides. While I abhor some aspects of Israeli policies, I also abhor the way Israel is treated in the Middle East and across the Muslim world and especially the way it is targeted by proxy groups like Hamas. Hamas are content to lob rockets into Israel (with aid from Iran and Syria et al) and then cry foul when Israel kick back; but of course that’s what they want – the perpetuation of hatred and violence. I hate groups like Hamas who target civilians without conscious, just like the IRA, as I am sure you do.

Regards

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

You jumped in thinking that you knew what you were saying and can't admit that Thomas Cromwell has nothing to do with it, the facts may be right but meaningless towards the conversation.

Ummm... I can admit that he had nothing to do with it and I correct any misleading information I may have misspoke of. Do not pretend to know that you know me in how I carry myself here. I always admit when I am wrong as I just did. But I never said that he invaded Ireland as is my point. So get over it.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Excuse me but go back to your first post and look, you jumped in and tried to correct a statement that you didn't know, you may be able to carry yourself but you shouldn't try to correct people when you do not have a clue as to what you are saying, if you knew Irish history in any way shape or form you would know which Cromwell the OP was talking about but you were in there with the first comment trying to correct him, yes he was wrong but so were you. Very foolish to get involved in a thread and you don't know what you are saying.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Excuse me but go back to your first post and look, you jumped in and tried to correct a statement that you didn't know, you may be able to carry yourself but you shouldn't try to correct people when you do not have a clue as to what you are saying, if you knew Irish history in any way shape or form you would know which Cromwell the OP was talking about but you were in there with the first comment trying to correct him, yes he was wrong but so were you. Very foolish to get involved in a thread and you don't know what you are saying.

Question... did he actually say Oliver? Did I misquote any facts about the figure I brought up? Did I say that Thomas Cromwell invaded Ireland in any form? Answer these questions please. I was looking for more clarification actually. You assumed that I was just misspeaking in my response. And I am Scots-Irish. Grandmother came over on the boat from Ireland. I know a lot more about Irish history than you think.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join