It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The funniest comedians in america.. for lulz

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I got so sick of most of the obvious garbage I am running across I decided to create something for smiles...

1) Rodney Carrington

Rodney Scott Carrington (born October 19, 1968, in Longview, Texas) is an American stand-up comedian, actor, and country music artist. He has released six major-label studio albums and a greatest-hits package, on Mercury Records and Capitol Records. His comedy act typically combines stand-up comedy and original songs. Carrington has also starred in the sitcom Rodney and in the 2008 film Beer for My Horses.

and the plan for world peace

however t and c prevents me from listing it (show them to me)

2)Katt Williams

Micah S. Katt Williams[1] (born September 2nd, 1973) is an American comedian, rapper and actor. He is best known for his role as Money Mike in Friday After Next. He is also known for his stint on Nick Cannon’s MTV improv show, Wild 'n Out, for playing the fictional character Bobby Shaw on the program My Wife and Kids, as well as providing the voice for the character "A Pimp Named Slickback" in The Boondocks.

t and c- hustlin

3)Gabriel Inglesias

Gabriel J. Iglecias (born July 15, 1976), known professionally as Gabriel Iglesias, is an American standup comedian and actor, known for his shows I'm Not Fat… I’m Fluffy and Hot & Fluffy. He employs storytelling, effected voices and sound effects in his act, whose other trademarks include references to his weight and his use of Hawaiian shirts. He has been called a "comedy genius" by Hector Saldaña of the San Antonio Express-News.

Do you have any choices yourself?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Katt really lost me with his latest material, I'm a Joe Rogan guy these days.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

George Carlin.

Funny and tells the truth.

This guy is probably the best of all time.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Yep, hands down in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

How bout an Aussie bloke??
As for American comedians,I like Carlin,Joe Rogan,Bill Burr,Lewis CK and Eddie Murphy.
I like Russel Peters as well but i think he might be a Canuck.

edit on 20-11-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Also a huge Sarah Silverman fan. (fellow Canadian)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I went to see Bill Cosby a few days ago. It was a rare opportunity as iowa is not always a destination for bigger names, and when they do visit iowa its usually desmoines, not my city. But here was Bill Cosby doing a show in my city, so I took advantage of the opportunity.

He started out using the name of my city, nice gesture. Some stars don't always bother to pay attention to where theyre at, always nice when they do.

Bill Cosby then began discussing the flood my city experienced several years ago, verified that where we were had been 9 ft underwater, yes it was. He goes on to do a good 15minute or longer skit about some of the choices made at that time by our city.

Now some performers will write a generic (insert name here) skit to use in multiple cities making it seem personalized. Bill Cosby took the time to learn details and choose a skit, one that can never be used anywhere but here. He did not consider it a waste of time, we were not a waste of time. For that I give total support and appreciation to him.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I like a lot of American comedians.
Kat Williams is one of them. I had never seen Gabriel Iglesias. The last video was hilarious with the cop making the joke, I gota say I lol'd very hard!

This guy is an impersonator comedian that I like from the US. Old video but worth a look.
I like his Robert De Niro impersonation where he says "look at me, huh. I am de Frankenshstein monshta, I have bolts on my neck, I'm electrican scary, woooooooh".

edit on 20-11-2012 by ParaSpy2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I personally am a fan of Anthony Jeselnik and Amy Schumer.
Both are very original with great material.
Or on the crude side Bill Hicks is funny or Mitch Hedburg
edit on 20-11-2012 by KeylessChuck because: Forgot a couple

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

George Carlin

George Denis Patrick Carlin (May 12, 1937 – June 22, 2008) was an American stand-up comedian, social critic, satirist, actor and writer/author, who won five Grammy Awards for his comedy albums.[22]
Carlin was noted for his black humor as well as his thoughts on politics, the English language, psychology, religion, and various taboo subjects. Carlin and his "Seven Dirty Words" comedy routine were central to the 1978 U.S. Supreme Court case F.C.C. v. Pacifica Foundation, in which a 5–4 decision by the justices affirmed the government's power to regulate indecent material on the public airwaves.

you choice of video is way to relevant

BAD WORDS!!!

LOL!!!!!

his time in the military

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Jim Jefferies

Jim Jefferies (born Geoff Nugent)[1] is an Australian stand-up comedian, actor and writer.[2]

lol

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Sarah Silverman

Sarah Kate Silverman (born December 1, 1970)[1] is an American comedian, writer, actress, singer and musician. Her satirical comedy addresses social taboos and controversial topics such as racism, sexism, and religion.
Silverman first gained notice as a writer and occasional performer on Saturday Night Live. She starred in and produced The Sarah Silverman Program, which ran from 2007 to 2010, on Comedy Central.[2] She often performs her act mocking bigotry and stereotypes of ethnic groups and religious denominations by having her comic character endorse them in an ironic fashion.[3][4]

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousgal

Bill Cosby

William Henry "Bill" Cosby, Jr. (born July 12, 1937) is an American comedian, actor, author, television producer, educator, musician and activist. A veteran stand-up performer, he got his start at various clubs, then landed a starring role in the 1960s action show, I Spy. He later starred in his own sitcom, The Bill Cosby Show. He was one of the major characters on the children's television series The Electric Company for its first two seasons, and created the educational cartoon comedy series Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids, about a group of young friends growing up in the city. Cosby has also acted in a number of films.

so what are your favorite lines/skits
edit on 20-11-2012 by ripcontrol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Anjelah Johnson

Anjelah Nicole Johnson (born May 14, 1982) is an American actress, comedienne, and former NFL cheerleader. Johnson is most notable for her membership in the recurring cast of comedians on sketch comedy series MADtv during its 13th Season. Her characters include a rude fast food employee named Bon Qui Qui and a Vietnamese nail salon employee.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Norm Macdonald maybe the funniest man ever to live.Couldn't find much stand up on youtube though.
Just an old low quality clip,but pretty funny.

Scene from Dirty Work with another great comedian Artie Lange.

Norm Espy's

Norm White House Dinner

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Al Bundy's Guardian Angel

Sam Kinison

Samuel Burl "Sam" Kinison (December 8, 1953 – April 10, 1992) was an American stand-up comedian and actor. Kinison was known for his intense, harsh and politically incorrect genre humor. A former Pentecostal preacher, he performed stand-up routines that were most often characterized by an intense style, similar to enthusiastic preachers, punctuated by his trademark scream.

and my favorite

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AlbinoMonkey

Joe Rogan

Joseph James Rogan (born August 11, 1967) is an American martial artist, stand-up comedian, actor, writer and color commentator. He is best known for playing Joe Garrelli on the NBC sitcom NewsRadio, commentating for the Ultimate Fighting Championship, as well as hosting the NBC reality show Fear Factor and The Joe Rogan Experience podcast.

oddly enough

are these him?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

One of my favorites from decades ago was the bit about the dentist, (butt walking and shouting "smobke" and "fibre") I believe it was from the release titled "himself"
Currently my favorite was his skit about my city deciding to put a train full of scrap on a bridge for fear the flood would wash the bridge away.... yeah he couldn't have asked for better material there!

I also love richard pryor, especially his retelling of lighting himself on fire and recovering in hospital. Took something horrifying and frightening and turned it into pure gold.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
There is a Joe Rogan routine on Netflix that had me in stitches.
Good observational/human nature type material!
I'd say he is my current favorite.

Good Ole G-e-o-r-g-e...or-ge-or (the uncool name that never ends when you try to spell it) Carlin.
Is my all around fave...I had all his albums on tape, and when there wasn't music playing, there was George, the Hippy dippy weather man, Al Sleet. To this day, I have a dog, whom I have nicknamed "Tippy".

top topics

join