It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am an avatar stereotypist!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Look I cant help it if im six, have a massive chicken called Floyd and I love to smoke! We all have our flaws

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Wise dog you have there, sitting on the chair like human. It says you value a companionship of animals. This reminds me about the animation movie Wallace &Gromit a grand day out

You are like Wallace, maybe balding a bit. You like old fashioned lifestyle with good cheese, you are open minded and ready to adventures. maybe hiking out or even mountain climbing. You value a good book and rather read some than spending evening in front of television, you like crosswords. You propably like to go out for a beer and maybe darts

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

One of my step-children has 12 kids with the same man.They
have never gotten any kind of welfare,ever!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by jiggerj

I dare you to read mine.

i think your avatar's power level is over.......9000!

ha ha ha

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysis
reply to post by littled16

Thank you

Those kitty eyes are telling me to have happy holidays and to give them cheezburgerz...
edit on 11/20/2012 by Lysis because: (no reason given)

You're welcome! And the kitty DOES accept offerings of cheezburgerz gladly!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
It's a rare thing for me to know the usernames of the people I reply to. Instead, I tend to judge them solely on their avatar. What I've recently discovered is it's hard for me to take anyone seriously if they have an anime avatar.

There's no denying how cute anime avatars are,

but aren't they for little kids? Seriously, maybe I've gotten too old to appreciate this type of art. At what age should people no longer connect with anime? For me, it's like a fifty year old ready Archie comics. People don't do that, do they?

Anyone can look at my avatar and equate it to my being a lovable old coot. Okay, okay, a grumpy old bastid. lol

If I see an avatar of someone holding a rifle I'm thinking hunter, country fella, or military.

A cuddly cute dog avatar must belong to a female. Right?

What do you read into the avatars of others? Or yours?

I have no clue how I'm supposed to judge myself based on my own avatar
And what's wrong with anime avatars?
I like the art form

But I tend to also do this alot to other people. Like the member with the avatar of him with the old man and his shirt open...kind of creeps me away from his posts

No hard feelings

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Intriguing. I changed my avatar not too long ago, curious as to what, if anything, can be inferred from it. The last one definitely could give off a vibe, but this one; not so much.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Anime Avatar does not belong solely to little kids.. there are many adult(non sexual) Anime.

I tend to side with game characters(almost anything involving swords). If i see anyone with a game avatar, i could fairly guess the age, also depending on the game, the other person might be interesting(if we shared similar game avatars). Dragons are also my favorites...

I usually pick game avatar that are independent, lone wolf, but still dangerous if messed with attitude and of course anything with sword is just awesome.

Current one is Zack from FF7(advent children image)...there is also Raiden from Metal Gear Rising..and Auron from FFX..... all have swords lol....i usually switch around with these 3 avatars....

I do not associate pets with a gender, however, i default it to Cat = female, Dog = male.

I despise real life pictures of people like celebrity, and other famous people(other than your own of course, but i would not expose myself on internet).

edit on 11/21/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

Isn't it obvious? You are waiting for the poltergeist to come from the television to take you to the realm beyond Carolanne's closet. You WANT to believe!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by majesticgent

Isn't it obvious? You are waiting for the poltergeist to come from the television to take you to the realm beyond Carolanne's closet. You WANT to believe!

Wow! That was creative. Not too keen on the supernatural though, but the response made me

LOL Poltergeist. Classic

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

You are the reincarnation of my late great uncle Guy (the ears are a dead give away). You are king of the castle, your easy chair is your throne. You have no tolerance for BS, and if anyone comes near your bourbon laced coffee you growl at them!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Elvis Hendrix

You're not fooling anyone! I know you are secretly a mob boss with dwarfism and Floyd is your "muscle". Yeah, you try to pass yourself off as a child with bad habits, but I know it's just your disguise in the witness protection program- no disrespect intended sir! I didn't mean to tell! Please....NOOOOOOOOOO!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JBpage76

Hmm I wonder why it shows a red x on your computer screen? Anyway, here is the picture. Hopefully it appears for you at this link:

img.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Bronagh

Someone selling out Humanity?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I had to put on my glasses to look at your avatar. It reminds me of the mural on the domed ceiling of the Capital Building for some reason. Maybe it's because you are a secret member of the Illuminati and are continuing with our founding father's wicked scheme to make the entire world a democracy!

Either that or you just appreciate art.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka
reply to post by Misoir

You are religious and most likely catholic. I believe you have mediterranean roots maybe italian. You are a male and have had religious childhood, you are married. Healthy mind in healthy body you propably take a walk every day.

I have some Italian ancestry, about 1/8. The rest is Central European and British Isles. I am a Traditional Roman Catholic am a male but did not have a religious childhood, although I turned to religion at about 16, and am not married (at least not yet). Generally I am healthy in mind and do take walks often (although could still stand to lose a few pounds).

You like art with religious vibe, Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo. You are also fascinated about King Arthur and knights of the round table, and history of cross crusaders. Also Inferno of Dante.

Absolutely! Renaissance and some Romanticism art are my favorites. The Arthurian legends are amazing and I love reading about Medieval European history. And Dante's Inferno is one of my favorite books.

Movies you enjoyed Indiana Jones last crusader, Da Vinci code. Legends of Narnia not because you think those are heretic.
If you are not a priest you have chosen wrong path

I never actually watched Indiana Jones but love those types of movies, especially 'The Mummy' and 'Prince of Persia'. Legends of Narnia is pretty good (C. S. Lewis is an amazing intellectual). As for a Priest, I have considered that path but my mother was quite upset about it.

Almost forgot, you like rituals, if you take a look at your daily life you have them in your routines

My life is pretty routine and I get anxious whenever there is any disorder. That is a perfect example of my ISTJ personality type. 95% introverted, 68% sensing, 89% thinking, and 100% judging.

Altogether I must say, your findings are astonishing. Either I have a stalker or you are very good at reading people just from an image.

edit on 11/21/2012 by Misoir because: Correction: I am a male!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I tend not to judge others based on their avatars. However, I do enjoy looking at them whether it be silly, funny, serious, dark, artistic, etc. We all chose ours for a reason and it's sometimes an inside joke that no one else gets. =)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
See, I'm an actual purple chiten who got beamed up by a UFO while the little pink chiten watched from the safety of the chtien coup (chiten=chicken with a speech impediment)

We've definitely made hundreds of avatars over in the Avatar Creation thread. One of the things we ask (unless people already know what they want) is "What are some of the things you like" or "What represents you" or something of that nature so the avatar is a good reflection of who they are.

We get a lot of requests for "something dark" or "something related to....(insert an interest)...".

In a way, our avatar says something about who we are, what we're like, what we're interested in, what grabs our attention.

....oh, and if anyone is interested in a new avatar, we have some great graphic artist-type folks over there and would be happy to help you out

We cover democrats or republicans or "other", religious or athiest, rich or poor, old or young, friends or enemies. It's a troll-free zone (unless you want a troll avatar) where we're only there to help. There are many, many artists, so if ya don't like chitens, don't worry, there are lots of other folks there who will jump right in and help. Nobody is turned away and we keep everything within T&C (unless it's something we didn't know about, then we correct it). We even give one on one instructions on how to get them to show up the way you want

Avatars, pics and signitures... anything related to graphics.
Absolutely free of charge, we work for stars and flags

edit on 21-11-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

We all know the "official" story, but few know the truth: That you are really a Reptilian overlord disguised as a lisping chiten, sent here to infiltrate the chiten community and eventually take over the world! The poor pink chiten hasn't a clue as to your true identity, but as kitties are the mortal enemies of all reptiles we are aware- watching and waiting for you to make your move. Beware!

Or I could be completely making that up, and you are merely a cute purple lisping chiten- my favorite beloved arch rival whom I love to tease!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
See, I'm an actual purple chiten who got beamed up by a UFO...

So, how was the probe, Chiten?
On the interpretation side, my instincts tell me that you're actually a rooster. And you'd never leave the poor little pink chicken behind if she was bouncy and cute. All of your avatars seem to have the common "purple chicken" theme...it shows that you're light-hearted, and interested in the cadre of serious subjects found on ATS but not likely to get dragged down into the dumps just because the sky is falling. I'm guessing, young professional male?

As for my avatar, any takers, please?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join