It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am an avatar stereotypist!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
I pretty much exclusively identify people by their avatars. If someone changes their avatar it is likely I will not know who they are. Certain people I can identify by their posts though. As for the anime avatars, I must agree that they seem childish and make one believe the poster is either a) young, or b) has a very strong “child” side to them.

As for my avatar, what do you, or anyone else here, believe it means about me?

Your avatar is busy with so many characters and colors. This implies that you have a complicated mind. You can remember long lists of items. You probably love math, picture puzzles, and concerts with wall-to-wall people. The picture smacks of religious intent, giving you a strong belief in good and evil.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Not every avatar is a peek into a persons personality. I choose mine according to whatever game I am playing. I suppose that says I like to play games but most people do

Btw OP I also like some Anime and I am grown, Dragon Ball, Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist etc..

Hi Juggsy. It is not possible to choose an avatar that says nothing about the person. Even Charles (the avatar of being surrounded by giant crows) has revealed how he is connected to his avi. He said other people chose it for him. Doesn't that speak volumes to you on his personality?

You don't just like video games; you get addicted to them. You love to crank up the volume to hear things exploding around you. You also love loud music, loose comfy clothes that make you look like a bum (but, you couldn't care less what others think of you
). Things like work, holidays, and shopping for food only interfere with your gaming. And (sniff-sniff), PHEW! Put your game on pause and take a shower you bum!

edit on 11/22/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Let´s try,
btw your avatar is very beautiful and sad. In the background you have a garden of flowers, so you either have a garden or wish to have one, i go with the first and you propably grow flowers maybe herbs.
The sadness of elf, you feel like life have had obstacles in your life and sometimes you had feeling to give up but even then you most likely decide not to and get instantly your chin up and fight. Warrior and justice, i think those two words describe you well.
You like fantasy, Lord of Rings and character in there most likely Arwen you feel connected to. You also might like Highlander, Pan´s Labyrinth and the Legend and enjoy instrumental music with mystery.
Song i would descibe you would be this one

You are concerned what happens around you, you are the one who people turn to when they have troubles and you always help them regardless if you are tired or not. Sometimes you feel overwhelmed and want some peace and less burden.
Scene where you would like to live is woods and century would be at the time of Robin Hood, i think you have English roots and you are fascinated of ancient cultures specially celtic. Stonehenge and druids, magic of the nature. You have strenght in your character.
Question you ask is not when, where its why,

reply to post by Invariance

Thank you, wow i believe we pick our avatar to describe ourselves what we are like or what we want to be, either way would tell quite a lot of ourselves

edit on 22-11-2012 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

It's one of my favorite things to do, draw manga and make characters.
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

And don't you ever stop drawing! Even if some people can't appreciate the art, we can certainly appreciate the talent that goes into it. You are overflowing with talent.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I totally forgot you
you wanted your avatar to be analyzed lol, and your avatar tells me you don´t mind waiting

You did mentioned about yourself being grumpy and thats why you chosed Walter Matthow, and yes you are grumpy in a good way, not stepping on anyones toes when doing it maybe even being a little bit of a joke. Avatar also tells me that you like outdoors hiking maybe even hunting more like fishing, and fishing is when the art of being a man begins, what kind of baits and what is the weather and even curves, hills and stones in landscape noticed. I believe you take notes and have a handbook ready. I think you are about 55-60 male.
You believe in evolution with a bit help of Aliens i think. You doubt everything around you specially religion, as you want to have proof of things before making up your mind. Proofs are what counts, proove it.
I think you do physical labour, not much about thinking. You like to chat with people, i see you playing chess.
You like steady life without surprices. Music you like is old big bands and jazz
music i chose to you is Duke Elligton´s Caravan

You like movies which has truth in them, documents of war and WW2, you don´t like science fiction or romantic drama, but you like some comedies and Walter Matthow also Dustin Hoffman. I believe you have jewish roots

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You don't just like video games; you get addicted to them.

Sorry to disappoint but thats the only thing you got right about me in that sentence. My clothes fit fine, I rarely if listen to music, much less loud and I just took a shower last night.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Just found out that I mistook someone with one of the anime avatars for the wrong gender because of the avatar.

It looked like a girl to me!!

....unlike my chiten that is purple as opposed to pink of course....

edit on 22-11-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Your game avatar tells me that you like money, money to buy things which are top, big screens. You propably have more than 1 computer, i bet 4 and those are clones you build yourself, because you want your computers running without hick ups. You like cars and propably watch Top Gear and formula 1.
You drink energy drinks every day. You like team games and related to war, you might even like Civilization. Movies needs to have fast tempo and action. Movies i would pick up for you are The Matrix, The dark Knight rises and Hunger Games.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Haha, you came wayyy closer than jigger. I do have 3 pc's one laptop, two clones but I dont much like reality shows, like top gear BUT Matrix is pretty much my all time favorite movie.
Oh and beer is my energy drink

gj

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
It's a rare thing for me to know the usernames of the people I reply to. Instead, I tend to judge them solely on their avatar. What I've recently discovered is it's hard for me to take anyone seriously if they have an anime avatar.

There's no denying how cute anime avatars are,

but aren't they for little kids? Seriously, maybe I've gotten too old to appreciate this type of art. At what age should people no longer connect with anime? For me, it's like a fifty year old ready Archie comics. People don't do that, do they?

Anyone can look at my avatar and equate it to my being a lovable old coot. Okay, okay, a grumpy old bastid. lol

If I see an avatar of someone holding a rifle I'm thinking hunter, country fella, or military.

A cuddly cute dog avatar must belong to a female. Right?

What do you read into the avatars of others? Or yours?

I tend to be the same way

There is someone I saw in ATS who has an anime, and I was sure the member was a girl... but he was a guy.
As for you, when I see your avatar, I see a good honest fella... not sure if you're one, but that's what I see in your avatar.

Peace

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka
reply to post by jiggerj

I totally forgot you
you wanted your avatar to be analyzed lol, and your avatar tells me you don´t mind waiting

You did mentioned about yourself being grumpy and thats why you chosed Walter Matthow, and yes you are grumpy in a good way, not stepping on anyones toes when doing it maybe even being a little bit of a joke. Avatar also tells me that you like outdoors hiking maybe even hunting more like fishing, and fishing is when the art of being a man begins, what kind of baits and what is the weather and even curves, hills and stones in landscape noticed. I believe you take notes and have a handbook ready. I think you are about 55-60 male.
You believe in evolution with a bit help of Aliens i think. You doubt everything around you specially religion, as you want to have proof of things before making up your mind. Proofs are what counts, proove it.
I think you do physical labour, not much about thinking. You like to chat with people, i see you playing chess.
You like steady life without surprices. Music you like is old big bands and jazz
music i chose to you is Duke Elligton´s Caravan

You like movies which has truth in them, documents of war and WW2, you don´t like science fiction or romantic drama, but you like some comedies and Walter Matthow also Dustin Hoffman. I believe you have jewish roots

Oh that is a riot! Thank you! I didn't ask to have my avatar read, but you made it fun anyway!

I am constantly thinking of the universe, how it all began, evolution, the big bang... I LOVE sci-fi movies and my roots are Christian, but only the roots.

Have no love for big bands (remember, rock n' roll started in the 60's - my childhood). But, over the last few years I've been listening more and more to 50's music.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I just took a shower last night.
reply to post by Juggernog

Well, you know what they say: Pics or it didn't happen.

Oh wait! You're a guy! Neh-ver mind!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

As for you, when I see your avatar, I see a good honest fella..
reply to post by swan001

Well, I may not be honest, but I'm good. Honestly!

As for your avatar, any guy with a swan avi has got to have a truly tender heart. I sense that you are a vegetarian, even if you slip from time to time and sneak a slice of bacon. You see the good in all things. Your favorite shows are: Highway to Heaven, Little House on the Prairie, and everything that gives the viewer hope.

edit on 11/22/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferryman

Originally posted by Annee
reply to post by Ferryman

I find something very sad about your avatar.

A woefulness of a time that once was. A time of hard work - but great pride. Something society lacks today.

Water always reminds me of cleansing. Especially sea water with its high salt content.

I feel like you wish you could was the world with sea water.

I feel you have deep thoughts about man and nature. Its an even balance - - one does not seem to take priority over the other.

Hi Annee Your observation on my Avatar is correct, it's almost uncanny how you perceived what my Avatar is about. I love the sea, and all nature, the highlight of my life is when i went swimming with Stingrays (Apart from marrying my wife). Well done, and i would be proud to call you my Friend.

Thank you and you as well.

I can read energies. I can't read anything physical. I can't tell gender - - physical appearance - - chronological age - - location etc.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

You are not fat, so stop staring lol
Your avatar presents a person who likes Wiccan doctorine, in a way you see fit for yourself, mystic and propably have tried Quija board. It also says you like fashion like Alexander McQueen dresses and jewellery mostly silver. You tend to surround youself with luxury items and love candles and parfyms.
You use outfits which are different from mainstream, so i think you are attention seeker in a way. This might put you in situation that people fear you or thinks you are weird and some might think you as a witch. You have a bit anarchist and rebellion in you

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Had to return to my barnyard abduction avatar. I love all the alternatives I have, but this one is just my favorite

....I wear Sheldon when I'm arguing science and I have another for when I'm a little more serious, but this one.... well, this one is ME

ETA: I have never been abducted and am very much doubtful when others say they have. I won't say it's impossible, merely improbable

edit on 22-11-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Okay, what hall thing about mine???

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

You are a stereotyped Alien here on earth , called a man LOL
You smoke, you have glasses and you propably do everything which is unhealthy you are not in good shape, look at your face its allready GREY.
I think you have scottish roots, i wouldn´t be surpriced if your last name starts with Mc.. you love Mc Donalds but more than that barbecue. You have great sense of humour but you are also a terrible flirt.. ( Girls run )
I believe you drive a truck and possible you drive a SUV. You like X-files and Fringe, and you are a baseball fan.
Your goal in life is to have a holiday in Roswell and being abducted by Aliens, where you could join like minded Aliens and have a chat. You like photography and possible have also binoculars and telescope which you use to see abnormalities in the sky or the street, if you are not careful you will end up as a stalker

You might have blood type with Rh- which means you in human shape might have red hair.. You like Rock´n Roll " See you later alligator "

edit on 22-11-2012 by dollukka because: typical typo

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka
reply to post by HomerinNC

You are a stereotyped Alien here on earth , called a man LOL
You smoke, you have glasses and you propably do everything which is unhealthy you are not in good shape, look at your face its allready GREY.
I think you have scottish roots, i wouldn´t be surpriced if your last name starts with Mc.. you love Mc Donalds but more than that barbecue. You have great sense of humour but you are also a terrible flirt.. ( Girls run )
I believe you drive a truck and possible you drive a SUV. You like X-files and Fringe, and you are a baseball fan.
Your goal in life is to have a holiday in Roswell and being abducted by Aliens, where you could join like minded Aliens and have a chat. You like photography and possible have also binoculars and telescope which you use to see abnormalities in the sky or the street, if you are not careful you will end up as a stalker

You might have blood type with Rh- which means you in human shape might have red hair.. You like Rock´n Roll " See you later alligator "

edit on 22-11-2012 by dollukka because: typical typo

Lmao, you got alot right about me, except the Mc last name, and I LOVE BBQ more then Mickey D's. I'm not a baseball or really any sports fan, except maybe speedball or archery. I don't own binocs or a telescope. My hair is brown, but more grey then brown nowadays. The rest is spot on

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join